[Product]  B-191 Overdrive SP Starter Set

(Oct. 10, 2021  5:09 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2021  3:07 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: When producing in high volumes, they don't even check every single unit. At best, they might perform randomized spot checks on every batch. Might.

When things like this are happening it becomes more necessary to try and prevent them in the future. Either they need to check their machines better to produce fewer errors, or test more things to find them. Kinda the bottom line.

Which, unfortunately, they don’t care about. It’s the trapping of a fast-moving assembly line. In their eyes, the long-term cost of customers losing faith in their ability to produce a consistent level of quality doesn’t outweigh the short-term cost of time spent. As long as they’re making overhead, they’re not heading down to the plant and changing their process. 

Until they lose money, anyway, and can trace it to this as a cause with metrics to back it up.

Because whoever is performing spot checks (or looking at an x-ray or however they do their QC before final packaging) is probably some overworked 30-something just counting the seconds until punch-out.
(Oct. 10, 2021  8:35 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2021  5:09 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: When things like this are happening it becomes more necessary to try and prevent them in the future. Either they need to check their machines better to produce fewer errors, or test more things to find them. Kinda the bottom line.

Which, unfortunately, they don’t care about. It’s the trapping of a fast-moving assembly line. In their eyes, the long-term cost of customers losing faith in their ability to produce a consistent level of quality doesn’t outweigh the short-term cost of time spent. As long as they’re making overhead, they’re not heading down to the plant and changing their process. 

Until they lose money, anyway, and can trace it to this as a cause with metrics to back it up.

Because whoever is performing spot checks (or looking at an x-ray or however they do their QC before final packaging) is probably some overworked 30-something just counting the seconds until punch-out.

But just like a video game sequel that makes more money despite being worse than the original, it's such an easy thing to overlook. They'd rather look at the numbers than listen to complaints, which is a severe issue of any business in general. It's like people have forgotten how to listen to anything but the numbers on their screens.
(Oct. 11, 2021  9:34 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2021  8:35 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote: Which, unfortunately, they don’t care about. It’s the trapping of a fast-moving assembly line. In their eyes, the long-term cost of customers losing faith in their ability to produce a consistent level of quality doesn’t outweigh the short-term cost of time spent. As long as they’re making overhead, they’re not heading down to the plant and changing their process. 

But just like a video game sequel that makes more money despite being worse than the original, it's such an easy thing to overlook. They'd rather look at the numbers than listen to complaints, which is a severe issue of any business in general. It's like people have forgotten how to listen to anything but the numbers on their screens.

They haven't forgotten. They don't see it as profitable in the short term. They already have our money. They don't feel the need to field complaints and investigate the source. 

There could be 2,000 units shipped with missing parts, and they'll see it as a raindrop in an ocean of profit, especially because Beyblade isn't their only product. The most that'll happen is they'll walk a few entry level employees out the door, backfill their positions, and operations will continue as usual.
(Oct. 12, 2021  12:50 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2021  9:34 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: But just like a video game sequel that makes more money despite being worse than the original, it's such an easy thing to overlook. They'd rather look at the numbers than listen to complaints, which is a severe issue of any business in general. It's like people have forgotten how to listen to anything but the numbers on their screens.

They haven't forgotten. They don't see it as profitable in the short term. They already have our money. They don't feel the need to field complaints and investigate the source. 

There could be 2,000 units shipped with missing parts, and they'll see it as a raindrop in an ocean of profit, especially because Beyblade isn't their only product. The most that'll happen is they'll walk a few entry level employees out the door, backfill their positions, and operations will continue as usual.

Unless someone from TT has actually addressed it somewhere, I'm not going to pretend they've noticed it at all. I don't make assumptions like that. The rest of it is exactly the same numbers talk I was bringing up anyways.
Just For Clarification, The twitter link share by need for speed about missing Savior Perseus and Giga is actually not really missing, it still in the box just not in the plastic.
I cant wait for mine to come in!!!
i already thought of some op combos just from the set
Anyone notices Prominence Phoenix Blade issue? When the shield is taking off the thin plastic blade is easily stressed and becoming white. DB plastic seems very bad quality compare to older gen.
(Oct. 24, 2021  5:57 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Anyone notices Prominence Phoenix Blade issue? When the shield is taking off the thin plastic blade is easily stressed and becoming white. DB plastic seems very bad quality compare to older gen.

I think it is just because that contact point is too thin, not really quality issues. I didn’t check the info on the box but I assume that piece is made of PMMA, which is easier to be stressed and becoming white yet harder to get broken, thus being more suitable for thin parts like this. Also some God series Layers will become white as well since they also use PMMA
We've been battling with the three from this set. Among the three, Phoenix dominates. Not blown away by Dangerous B's performance so far. Lots of battling still to do....
(Oct. 25, 2021  7:58 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Oct. 24, 2021  5:57 PM)WickedHero Wrote: Anyone notices Prominence Phoenix Blade issue? When the shield is taking off the thin plastic blade is easily stressed and becoming white. DB plastic seems very bad quality compare to older gen.

I think it is just because that contact point is too thin, not really quality issues. I didn’t check the info on the box but I assume that piece is made of PMMA, which is easier to be stressed and becoming white yet harder to get broken, thus being more suitable for thin parts like this. Also some God series Layers will become white as well since they also use PMMA

I hope you're right, so only prominence using PMMA in DB?

(Oct. 25, 2021  8:20 PM)n00bBeybladeDad Wrote: We've been battling with the three from this set. Among the three, Phoenix dominates. Not blown away by Dangerous B's performance so far. Lots of battling still to do....

Well for me Phoenix performance is only good, but Dangerous is amazing. It can beat almost all left spin bey except Astral, has great attack power and decent LAD, all of this without using any gear. The only downside are hard to control.
I just checked the materials and saw that the layers of Dynamite Belial and Roar Bahamut also have PMMA. I don’t know if it is the DB Core or the Blade that has it though.

(Oct. 25, 2021  7:58 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:

I am ordering this very soon and I'm excited to use and test the Beys anything I should note for getting this?
Bearing’ + Giga

Also Prominence has great opposite spin but awful same spin.
Mine just came in today, does anyone have any pictures of the bearing unit for the launcher? Mine looks... odd.
(Oct. 26, 2021  11:08 PM)UnseenBurst Wrote: I am ordering this very soon and I'm excited to use and test the Beys anything I should note for getting this?

in my opinion, the only one I would get would be savor Perseus and probably the launcher if you don't have a db launcher yet
note: I don't have this set
(Oct. 27, 2021  4:15 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Mine just came in today, does anyone have any pictures of the bearing unit for the launcher? Mine looks... odd.

If you're referring to that gaping hole on the front, that's by design. As to why they put that there, I don't know.
This is the best release in db tbh

(Oct. 27, 2021  8:41 PM)TheLordGrim Wrote: This is the best release in db tbh

That and guilty Longinus
(Oct. 27, 2021  12:27 PM)Kaizoku Burst Wrote:
(Oct. 27, 2021  4:15 AM)BladerGem Wrote: Mine just came in today, does anyone have any pictures of the bearing unit for the launcher? Mine looks... odd.

If you're referring to that gaping hole on the front, that's by design. As to why they put that there, I don't know.

Yep, that was it! Good to know it's meant to be there, for whatever reason