[Product]  B-187 Starter Savior Valkyrie.Sh-7

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:14 AM)Shido-kun Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  9:07 AM)Vtryuga Wrote: We all had the name of Valkryie Wrong. Its Saviour Valkryie not Saber. 

[Image: 0eZEIZz.png]

[Image: image0.jpg]
No, this is most definitely Saber. The Fate series has a Servant class called Saber and it uses the same セイバー as this Valkyrie.

It also makes more sense because Beyblade Valkyrie has always been depicted as a knight with a sword.

Well I don't know if there is any correlation between the fate series and valts beyblade but good speculation
(Jun. 15, 2021  5:53 PM)Sahaj Buttar Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:14 AM)Shido-kun Wrote: No, this is most definitely Saber. The Fate series has a Servant class called Saber and it uses the same セイバー as this Valkyrie.

It also makes more sense because Beyblade Valkyrie has always been depicted as a knight with a sword.

Well I don't know if there is any correlation between the fate series and valts beyblade but good speculation

there doesnt need to be correlation its just how the katakana reads, セイバー is also used in the current Kamen Rider Saber series
(Jun. 15, 2021  3:53 PM)NoNotYou Wrote: God, we're going to have another Bell/Bael situation with Savior/Saber. The official TT advertisement shows Savior, so i'm gonna say Savior. Waking up to see it's Savior was a bit of a twist lol.

Anyways, this bey looks good. Sure I don't think it'll perform well stock, but at least it looks good, fun and unique. Which honestly is all I really wanted. Sure good performance would be a bonus, but oh well ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

My biggest complaint though is Valkyrie with a sharp tip. That is cursed.

Oh I remember you

(Jun. 15, 2021  4:52 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  4:50 PM)TitanDragon Wrote: Are Jump Drop and Jump Upper actually moves or advertisement comments

Pretty sure they're just comments

Well gimmick of Shot is Super Upper Attack with jump
Well Winning Valkyrie 2 looks like a really cool release. I'm not sure if it'll be good, but it's nice to see TT creative and not reusing the same old Valkyrie gimmicks again and again.
You know what saber or saviour Valkyrie which ever (the fate/stay night unatentional reference is Real Valkyrie about to pull noble phantasm lol). The driver is growing on me it may not be competive For the competive players but it looks fun.
(Jun. 15, 2021  3:31 PM)KinkoUsagi Wrote: I cannot understand the negativity behind this release. Gorgeous Beyblade, very creative gimmick that hasn't been done before (I guess Hopper from plastic get is the only thing similar?) and it comes with a launcher + gear.

Will the driver be competitive? Probably not. Will it be a lot of fun? Absolutely, yes!

I do wish all the creative stuff was Phoenix-level of competitive, but it can be challenging to pull off.

Hoppers bouncing gimmick is different from Shot's jump gimmick, which Trygle and Cyber Dragoon are better comparisons because their blade bases are made to jump in the middle of battle.
Oh, right!! Trygle and Cyber Dragoon makes a lot of sense. They were fun!!
The letter "V" sound is often translated with a "B" sound when a word is said in Japanese. "セイバー" (Seiba) can be correctly translated as either "Saber" or "Savior", because if you asked a Japanese person to pronounce the English words "Saber" and "Savior", they would pronounce both words in the same way. It's like when people translated "Lord Spriggan" as "Load" and "Road" because all three English words are pronounced "ロード" in Japanese.

There is also no correlation with Fate series. The Saber-class in that series is named after the type of weapon they use, a "saber" (which is a type of sword, but "swordsman" class didn't sound as good to Nasu I guess).
(Jun. 15, 2021  9:40 PM)AdmiralMoe Wrote: The letter "V" sound is often translated with a "B" sound when a word is said in Japanese. "セイバー" (Seiba) can be correctly translated as either "Saber" or "Savior", because if you asked a Japanese person to pronounce the English words "Saber" and "Savior", they would pronounce both words in the same way. It's like when people translated "Lord Spriggan" as "Load" and "Road" because all three English words are pronounced "ロード" in Japanese.

I'm no expert in Japanese, but I very much am familiar with pronouncing English words in Katakana/Romaji. And Saber/Savior absolutely doesn't sound similar at all. So I don't think this was a Crash/Crush or Super King/Sparking case.

Quote:There is also no correlation with Fate series. The Saber-class in that series is named after the type of weapon they use, a "saber" (which is a type of sword, but "swordsman" class didn't sound as good to Nasu I guess).

There's no direct relation between the two, I merely brought it up because its also a Japanese series that has used セイバー as a name, and it was always called Saber there.

Just like how some other person in the thread brought up Kamen Rider Saber as an example. Regardless, this is a complete tangent, so I'll just drop this here.
Alright, so what about Kamen Rider Saber. Is it Kamen Rider Savior? That can't be right, they're clearly using swords, right? Multiple instances of that using that exact katana. Even on the logo itself. I don't think they forgot to check the spelling. That's like it they released the next Mario game as Super Morio.

(Jun. 15, 2021  9:40 PM)AdmiralMoe Wrote: The letter "V" sound is often translated with a "B" sound when a word is said in Japanese. "セイバー" (Seiba) can be correctly translated as either "Saber" or "Savior", because if you asked a Japanese person to pronounce the English words "Saber" and "Savior", they would pronounce both words in the same way. It's like when people translated "Lord Spriggan" as "Load" and "Road" because all three English words are pronounced "ロード" in Japanese.

There is also no correlation with Fate series. The Saber-class in that series is named after the type of weapon they use, a "saber" (which is a type of sword, but "swordsman" class didn't sound as good to Nasu I guess).

The correlation argument is pretty bad. It's just an example. Where it comes from doesn't matter. It they call is Saber using that katakana, I'm pretty sure they intend for it to mean Saber. So why isn't this bey named Saber? It's as simple as that really.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:41 PM)Instarez Wrote: Alright, so what about Kamen Rider Saber. Is it Kamen Rider Savior? That can't be right, they're clearly using swords, right? Multiple instances of that using that exact katana. Even on the logo itself. I don't think they forgot to check the spelling. That's like it they released the next Mario game as Super Morio.

The correlation argument is pretty bad. It's just an example. Where it comes from doesn't matter. It they call is Saber using that katakana, I'm pretty sure they intend for it to mean Saber. So why isn't this bey named Saber? It's as simple as that really.

Saber doesn't really fit the Valkryie Beyblade line because all of the Valkryie names always kinda meant the same thing but didn't at the same time so when I heard the name Saber I was kinda confused because it didn't really fit the Valkryie trend (Also Hasbro already made Sword Valtryek sooo) and besides IMO Savior sounds a bit better than Saber
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:54 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:41 PM)Instarez Wrote: Alright, so what about Kamen Rider Saber. Is it Kamen Rider Savior? That can't be right, they're clearly using swords, right? Multiple instances of that using that exact katana. Even on the logo itself. I don't think they forgot to check the spelling. That's like it they released the next Mario game as Super Morio.

Saber doesn't really fit the Valkryie Beyblade line because all of the Valkryie names always kinda meant the same thing but didn't at the same time so when I heard the name Saber I was kinda confused because it didn't really fit the Valkryie trend (Also Hasbro already made Sword Valtryek sooo) and besides IMO Savior sounds a bit better than Saber

They've named it around swords before. Slash Valkyrie.
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:00 AM)Instarez Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:54 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: Saber doesn't really fit the Valkryie Beyblade line because all of the Valkryie names always kinda meant the same thing but didn't at the same time so when I heard the name Saber I was kinda confused because it didn't really fit the Valkryie trend (Also Hasbro already made Sword Valtryek sooo) and besides IMO Savior sounds a bit better than Saber

They've named it around swords before. Slash Valkyrie.

Touche

Thank you Moe, the debate should honestly end on the name because the official Takara Tomy commercial spells it in English as "Savior" there shouldn't be any debate with it.

lol
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

Thank you Moe, the debate should honestly end on the name because the official Takara Tomy commercial spells it in English as "Savior" there shouldn't be any debate with it.

lol

I don't think you've noticed this but with other languages being translated there can be mistranslations. It's quite common as opposed to them writing in their native language. So that one thing proves absolutely nothing.
Holy freaking carp both the layer and driver look so impractical yet so fun, finally, all of sparking was just boring meta carp

I haven't backread too much, so forgive me If I said smth confirmed or already said, but here are a few assumptions:

the red on the layer seems like it's rubber, with both the placement, color, and texture

that driver does not seem electric at all, it would be bigger, and it looks like the driver might jump, and then go into a sort of Reboot(omg if you stare at this word for too long it seems incredibly stupid) like stage. we can assume there is some sort of mode change, as there is a second driver inside the first, and the first is almost as tall at tower. It could be the gimmick from power, but again, the second driver. also that thing looks taller than bullet and kick combined lol. I personally think its a sort of half burst activation, as a manual mode change would be boring and it would slowly rise if it was like reboot. plus, this would bring back moves like aerial launch and
my real question is why didn't they slap this on chronos and give valkryie like a boring dash driver like power'... oh

oh no

yea tt made the right move here

anyways, that new launcher looks pretty cool. I'm like 99% sure this will be absolute hot garbage, but imagine that driver on like Garuda or pegasus or chronos. saber or savior or whatever looks okay, but I think the high amount of rubber protrusions will make it more recoil heavy than rage with 2A(ik you can't do dat but idc)
Does it really matter what its name is? It could literally be called Toilet Valkyrie and I don't think anyone would care as long as it is nice and strong. It is a name, nothing to get up and arms about.
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:19 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Does it really matter what its name is? It could literally be called Toilet Valkyrie and I don't think anyone would care as long as it is nice and strong. It is a name, nothing to get up and arms about.

XD I guess ur right
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:10 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

lol

No one is debating wether or not Savior is the official name, it was on TT flat-out being wrong in translation. Saber and Savior don't even sound similar when pronounced in Romaji/Katakana for one, and someone from reddit already worded it better than me.

Quote:It is actually Saber. Japanese just pronounce foreign words very loosely to the actual pronunciation in those cases. The characters セイバ with セ=se イ=i and バ=ba. Romanized it's seiba. If it was savior it would have ヴィア towards the end for that more v sound (vior but said "via/va"). Saber Valkyrie is its name.

Regardless, like I said, this is a complete tangent to the thread so people should stop discussing it now because name is the least important part of this release.

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:54 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:

Saber fits Burst's depiction of Valkyrie more since he's always depicted as a sword-wielding knight.

Savior doesn't really fit the Norse myth Valkyries, anyway.
toilet valtryek really

but i would buy it if it could burst fafnir
Are people really still debating whether the name is Saber or Savior- like seriously, who cares lol. Besides, if an official advertisement calls it Savior, then it is probably Savior.
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:19 AM)DeltaZakuro Wrote: Does it really matter what its name is? It could literally be called Toilet Valkyrie and I don't think anyone would care as long as it is nice and strong. It is a name, nothing to get up and arms about.

I'm not gonna lie you got me laughing alot. Toilet VALKYRIE Thats a good one LOL
If the ad says Savior then it's Savior end of story so stop this stupid debate people, if you can't accept that it's Savior and not Saber? Get over it, like Admiral said Lord had a similar problem and it was officially lord the entire time. I'm not trying to seem rude but this debate is really dumb.
dude can we stop its just a name
it does not matter "if it fits the theme better"
if the ad said savior is savior and thats it!
liking or not
neither victory, or winning fit valkyrie theme either
get over it
I already mentioned this, but im worried about breakage issues. the way the rubber protrudes is quite daring, as it looks like, unlike vanish, the rubber is shaped to give the little point the brunt of the impact, not the entire ring. Even parts like brave and judgement have this to some degree, a whole section of the layer took the impact. Geist and Drain also have their rubber grounded deep inside the layer, whilst savior's rubber is sticking out. I'm most worried about the tip of the wings, as those are the most extended( so very likely to make contact) and they are most definitely going to bend, and it looks like the rubber and the glue or whatever is being used to hold the plastic will take the whole impact. The other main rubber protrusions would also be a problem, but it is somewhat grounded, and since savior is for attack, we can assume there will be a lot of head on strikes, mainly in the direction the other protrusions are. anyways, another problem I have with savior is it looks like a worse judgement, as there isn't enough rubber for it to act like brave or jet, and it doesn't seem like it works like judgement either.