[Product]  B-171 Sparking Triple Booster Set

(Aug. 07, 2020  6:17 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Unboxing:
The awakening can be reversed, and here are the weights of the parts:
Tempest: 12.95g
Dragon with Sparking chip core: 3.03g
Charge metal: 16.24g

It looks have very poor burst resistance?
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:16 PM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2020  6:17 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Unboxing:
The awakening can be reversed, and here are the weights of the parts:
Tempest: 12.95g
Dragon with Sparking chip core: 3.03g
Charge metal: 16.24g

It looks have very poor burst resistance?
Probably because of Charge Metal.
That Naked Diabolos is gorgeous. One of the best aesthetics I've seen.

Look at Tempest, the dummy thicc boi. I love the rainbow aesthetic it has.  77.93 g holy o.o That Charge metal. Oof.
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:25 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:16 PM)CrazyAries Wrote: It looks have very poor burst resistance?
Probably because of Charge Metal.

And that's not good, especially for an attack type bey. In comparison, from the looks of Tempest Dragon's burst resistance I actually do think that Super Hyperion's burst resistance is better than Tempest even though Hyperion doesn't have a dash driver.
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:35 PM)matmat30 Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:25 PM)g2_ Wrote: Probably because of Charge Metal.

And that's not good, especially for an attack type bey. In comparison, from the looks of Tempest Dragon's burst resistance I actually do think that Super Hyperion's burst resistance is better than Tempest even though Hyperion doesn't have a dash driver.
Hyperion has great burst resistance though.
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:37 PM)g2_ Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2020  8:35 PM)matmat30 Wrote: And that's not good, especially for an attack type bey. In comparison, from the looks of Tempest Dragon's burst resistance I actually do think that Super Hyperion's burst resistance is better than Tempest even though Hyperion doesn't have a dash driver.
Hyperion has great burst resistance though.

Yeah. Couldn't agree more. And it's sad to see that Hyperion is much better than Tempest in terms of burst resistance. As for the recoil, I think the heavy weight of Tempest Dragon is what makes up for its lack of recoil. If it wasn't heavy, I think Tempest less than 70g wouldn't do much heavy impacts/attacks and would have been easy to knock out and burst because of low recoil and burst resistance. Looking from the side view, the awakened blades are thin and doesn't have much slope. In the end, I do hope some of my takes here will be proven wrong of course.
I don’t think the whole of tempest tempest Dragon is necessarily easy to burst because of its double chassis combined with the fact that 1A has pretty good teeth anyways-however it does seem like charge metal is the culprit here. Seriously though, Charge metal was already doomed to have terrible burst resistance since it’s such a heavy driver (heavy drivers decrease burst resistance) but now they also seemingly decided to give it a weak spring as well? So let me just sum it up: It’s an extremely heavy driver (it has around the same weight as the lightest disk), with a weak spring and worst of all they have done all this to an Attack type driver. If Dragon doesn’t end up being able to sustain that loss of burst resistance even with an attack type double chassis then it will pretty much be safe to say charge metal will be completely useless for the same reasons charge was.
Jeez, the stock combo for Tempest Dragon is about 77.94 grams. Just adding a chip with a metal core pushes it around or over 80 grams. With this B-171 release, we might see more combos in the high 70s and 80s being used.
(Aug. 07, 2020  11:02 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: Jeez, the stock combo for Tempest Dragon is about 77.94 grams. Just adding a chip with a metal core pushes it around or over 80 grams. With this B-171 release, we might see more combos in the high 70s and 80s being used.
Which is awesome!
(Aug. 07, 2020  11:02 PM)BreakerDS Wrote: Jeez, the stock combo for Tempest Dragon is about 77.94 grams.   Just adding a chip with a metal core pushes it around or over 80 grams.  With this B-171 release, we might see more combos in the high 70s and 80s being used.
Doubt it. A lot of that weight comes from it’s heavy driver and it seems like charge metal has the worst burst resistance of any attack type driver ever seen. Hopefully the chassis saves it.
Meh Cm just makes tempest looks poor but actually it has good attack power as same as super, Cm is probably the lack luster in this set even Wv has some potential

https://youtu.be/wArHlMQoXTw
Imagine Tempest Solomon Cm 2D ( With a metal chip core). That would be the heaviest combo in Beyblade Burst, by far!
(Aug. 07, 2020  11:52 PM)Spirit of Order Wrote: Imagine Tempest Solomon Cm 2D ( With a metal chip core). That would be the heaviest combo in Beyblade Burst, by far!
Correct.
(Aug. 07, 2020  11:49 PM)Needforspeed Wrote: Meh Cm just makes tempest looks poor but actually it has good attack power as same as super, Cm is probably the lack luster in this set even Wv has some potential

https://youtu.be/wArHlMQoXTw

I think it has a good attack power simply because of its heavy weight. Tempest layer's blades lack recoil. The awakened blades would help but still not enough because it doesn't have enough slope.What's a bit disappointing is that it comes with a heavy driver that has low burst resistance. Thanks to 1A chassis, it would help mitigate Tempest's low burst resistance, but still I think it's still susceptible to bursting, especially when battled against good attack type beys who do heavy recoil like rage longinus because of upper blades or brave because of the rubber on the blades and chassis
(Aug. 07, 2020  11:52 PM)Spirit of Order Wrote: Imagine Tempest Solomon Cm 2D ( With a metal chip core). That would be the heaviest combo in Beyblade Burst, by far!

Yep, that's heavier than both the previous heaviest Left Spin combo (RDb.Bl 2D at 80.84g) and the previous heaviest Right Spin combo (MCC BΣ.Bl 2D at 81.57g) because Tempest is slightly heavier than Brave and Charge Metal is about one gram heavier than Bullet, so the heaviest combo is now MCC TΣ.Cm 2D at approximately 83.4g.
It’s a big shame Charge Metal has a weak spring. I was really looking forward to trying it out on some combos. Glad to see Tempest might have some attack potential though.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:12 AM)BuilderROB Wrote: It’s a big shame Charge Metal has a weak spring. I was really looking forward to trying it out on some combos. Glad to see Tempest might have some attack potential though.
Honestly, why on earth do they always give metal attack drivers weak springs lmao. They already burst too much as it is.
Yeah, it's so GOOD that TT is focusing on putting out heavier old-ish parts instead of brand new and competitive parts! I LOVE IT!!!!

Ok, sarcasm.
They'll have to redesign their launchers if they keep adding so much weight. If sparking launchers break with lighter combos, stuff like that will tear them apart at the very first launch! Haha! More money to Takara-Tomy, amazing! 

Again, sarcasm. Ridicolous.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:27 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Yeah, it's so good that TT is focusing on putting out heavier old-ish parts instead of brand new and competitive parts! I LOVE IT!!!!

Ok, sarcasm.
They'll have to redesign their launchers if they keep adding so much weight. If sparking launchers break with lighter combos, stuff like that will tear them apart at the very first launch! Haha! More money to Takara-Tomy, amazing! Again, sarcasm. Ridicolous.

Well, Brave Lucifer Charge 2D is about a gram heavier than stock Tempest, and it's not shredding my launcher from Lucifer. In fact, the resistance doesn't feel to bad either when compared to Sparking stock combos. If anything, the things that feel the worst on Sparking Launchers are free-spinning parts (especially stock Curse Satan and the Mugen Lock Layers) and Wheel.
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:33 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:27 AM)bblader/90 Wrote: Yeah, it's so good that TT is focusing on putting out heavier old-ish parts instead of brand new and competitive parts! I LOVE IT!!!!

Ok, sarcasm.
They'll have to redesign their launchers if they keep adding so much weight. If sparking launchers break with lighter combos, stuff like that will tear them apart at the very first launch! Haha! More money to Takara-Tomy, amazing! Again, sarcasm. Ridicolous.

Well, Brave Lucifer Charge 2D is about a gram heavier than stock Tempest, and it's not shredding my launcher from Lucifer. In fact, the resistance doesn't feel to bad either when compared to Sparking stock combos. If anything, the things that feel the worst on Sparking Launchers are free-spinning parts (especially stock Curse Satan and the Mugen Lock Layers) and Wheel.

I just think making beys heavier and heavier won't make them better, it's not how i would like a Beyblade line (sparking, in this case) to evolve release after release. I know it's not easy to come up with something new since TT basically has done everything it could, gimmicks and all the rest. But parts like Charge Metal really annoy me. It's just about adding weight, especially from Cho-Zetsus.
(Aug. 08, 2020  1:11 AM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  12:33 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, Brave Lucifer Charge 2D is about a gram heavier than stock Tempest, and it's not shredding my launcher from Lucifer. In fact, the resistance doesn't feel to bad either when compared to Sparking stock combos. If anything, the things that feel the worst on Sparking Launchers are free-spinning parts (especially stock Curse Satan and the Mugen Lock Layers) and Wheel.

I just think making beys heavier and heavier won't make them better, it's not how i would like a Beyblade line (sparking, in this case) to evolve release after release. I know it's not easy to come up with something new since TT basically has done everything it could, gimmicks and all the rest. But parts like Charge Metal really annoy me. It's just about adding weight, especially from Cho-Zetsus.
I actually like that charge metal, it's more different from charge than i would've expected and more unique than a dash driver, the only problem is that it doesn't tight enough on Tempest.
https://youtu.be/GxX2Csod07Q
At 1:14 it seems that brave pushed the blades back in...I would assume that this will only make the bey less reliable
(Aug. 08, 2020  2:03 AM)ChoZBurstBlader Wrote: https://youtu.be/GxX2Csod07Q
At 1:14 it seems that brave pushed the blades back in...I would assume that this will only make the bey less reliable
It likely only occurred because he is launching with the blades already extended.
(Aug. 08, 2020  2:18 AM)Zeutron Wrote:
(Aug. 08, 2020  2:03 AM)ChoZBurstBlader Wrote: https://youtu.be/GxX2Csod07Q
It likely only occurred because he is launching with the blades already extended.
So the blades are already out.... That still doesn't prove my statement wrong