[Product]  B-167 Booster Mirage Fafnir.Nt 2S

It seems like hype for this has come to a grinding halt the past few days, lol. Anyway, here's this tweet from Master Blader Horikawa:
https://twitter.com/masterblader_h/statu...17601?s=21
[Image: EY7FYwlU8AEiDxJ?format=jpg&name=medium]

2S has a really smooth underside, very reminiscent of Cross. Hopefully this means it'll be better for LAD than the last few parts designed with that in mind (Proof, Around) have been.
Oh man, now I’m really excited for Mirage Fafnir. I can’t wait for Brave Valkyrie Xtend+ 2S. A stationary attack combo with top tier LAD, if 2S is actually better than 2A on Brave.
this bey is going to overe power like brave
(May. 27, 2020  2:47 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: It seems like hype for this has come to a grinding halt the past few days, lol. Anyway, here's this tweet from Master Blader Horikawa:
https://twitter.com/masterblader_h/statu...17601?s=21
[Image: EY7FYwlU8AEiDxJ?format=jpg&name=medium]

2S has a really smooth underside, very reminiscent of Cross. Hopefully this means it'll be better for LAD than the last few parts designed with that in mind (Proof, Around) have been.
Thanks for sharing this, thank god the nothing driver isn’t the same orange as Drain Fafnir’s nothing like it appeared to be in the part listing.
An unboxing of Mirage Fafnir!
The video shows the weight of the parts and puts it up against Glide Ragnaruk and King Helios.  It can hold it's ground against left spin beys with it's counter mode, and burst right spin beys. 
Part weights:
Fafnir chip plus Ring: 11.6 grams
2S Chassis: 45.04 grams
Nothing: 0 grams (jk). It's 6.36 grams.
Here’s a link to a new YouTube video with some Mirage Fafnir battles. You see it up against pP and other meta combos.

https://youtu.be/HnfmFYDyjZU
[Image: Screen-Shot-2020-05-29-at-10-30-19-AM.png]
The names for the two modes of Mirage Fafnir have been confirmed: "Absorption Mode" and "Counter Mode"
This came from an email Takara Tomy sent me.
I’m surprised that nobody ended up somehow getting this bey earlier but oh well. Pretty excited for its release tomorrow and I’m hoping I can get one shipped to me some time.
I can see rage being the counter to this but we'll see
Wow after watching a few vid of it i can assume this bey will replace some left spin combos but IDK I haven't found vid over it facing BHy Xt+ 2A maybe it will replace wizard yeah most likely
(May. 30, 2020  3:52 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I can see rage being the counter to this but we'll see
Wow after watching a few vid of it i can assume this bey will replace some left spin combos but IDK I haven't found vid over it facing BHy Xt+ 2A maybe it will replace wizard yeah most likely

I don't think wizard was ever good (maybe the random booster ver.) so replacing is VERY easy
Pleasantly surprise by its ability to burst opponent and counter attack. Test battle starts from 4:38.

(May. 30, 2020  4:15 AM)Logic123ABC Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  3:52 AM)Needforspeed Wrote: I can see rage being the counter to this but we'll see

I don't think wizard was ever good (maybe the random booster ver.) so replacing is VERY easy

This is very much accurate. Wizard was hyper bursty and stupidly weak to left spin, while Mirage seems to actually be able to hold its own decently well in same-spin while proving itself decent as an equalizer as well. 2S seems to potentially have use as well, weighing more than 2A and with a smoother underside. I really do see potential here, which I haven't seen in a Fafnir since Drain.
What I’m seeing of this new mirage Fafnir, is that it looks really promising so far, not trying to automatically say it’s good because it hasn’t been out for even 3 days. And I don’t want the same thing that went down with brave happening here, where people were judging it without proper testing. I’m very interested to see absorb or rise on it. So if anybody has a link to that, it can do that that’d be great.
(May. 30, 2020  4:20 PM)JavariTheChamp Wrote: What I’m seeing of this new mirage Fafnir, is that it looks really promising so far, not trying to automatically say it’s good because it hasn’t been out for even 3 days. And I don’t want the same thing that went down with brave happening here, where people were judging it without proper testing. I’m very interested to see absorb or rise on it. So if anybody has a link to that, it can do that that’d be great.

I'd say it's biggest weakness is LAD since nothing is . . . well not the best
https://youtu.be/PlwBX9LHkjg
Welp, this is a video of stock Mirage versus stock Hyperion. The channel has more stock vs Fafnir battles.

I'll say, this combo is heavily held back by the Nothing driver. It seems like any time there's a hard launch it goes out of control like Absorb (aka Nothing Break) probably due to Mirage's insane weight of 63 grams. It seems like 2S has decent teeth, because I don't think it has bursted in one of their videos yet. Further testing is still required.
(May. 30, 2020  10:31 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: https://youtu.be/PlwBX9LHkjg
Welp, this is a video of stock Mirage versus stock Hyperion. The channel has more stock vs Fafnir battles.

I'll say, this combo is heavily held back by the Nothing driver. It seems like any time there's a hard launch it goes out of control like Absorb (aka Nothing Break) probably due to Mirage's insane weight of 63 grams. It seems like 2S has decent teeth, because I don't think it has bursted in one of their videos yet. Further testing is still required.
Brave Valkyrie bursts Mirage Fafnir, the Japanese guy posted a video of them battling.
(May. 31, 2020  12:20 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 30, 2020  10:31 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: https://youtu.be/PlwBX9LHkjg

Brave Valkyrie bursts Mirage Fafnir, the Japanese guy posted a video of them battling.
He bursted him once out of 30+ battles
(May. 31, 2020  12:22 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote:
(May. 31, 2020  12:20 AM)g2_ Wrote: Brave Valkyrie bursts Mirage Fafnir, the Japanese guy posted a video of them battling.
He bursted him once out of 30+ battles
And Fafnir burst Valkyrie 0 times. And he kept stealing it's power. Anyway, Fafnir seems pretty underwhelming, but it's probably just the Nothing driver, I'll test it for myself when I get it.
(May. 31, 2020  12:27 AM)g2_ Wrote:
(May. 31, 2020  12:22 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: He bursted him once out of 30+ battles
And Fafnir burst Valkyrie 0 times. And he kept stealing it's power. Anyway, Fafnir seems pretty underwhelming, but it's probably just the Nothing driver, I'll test it for myself when I get it.

Fafnir is not meant to burst opponents unless we're talking about slow motions bursts. The Nothing driver has already been proven to be nothing useful, so Mirage probably has more potential on something like Atomic or Bearing.
(May. 31, 2020  12:22 AM)Isaiah.burley Wrote: He bursted him once out of 30+ battles
I think we should wait until someone upload a vid about MFf.Br 2s vs BHy.Xt+ 2A that'll be an interesting match up

So far this bey layer may become an top tier  unit the draining system is more efficient and i just hope that this bey will replace lord in left
Fafnir still won most of the battles. But ya Nothing is holding it back.
https://youtu.be/RfV2hcUcPz0
New video on MFf Br. 2S vs stock Brave. Fafnir is a lot better this way and didn't burst once, thankfully. I find it funny how Brave chipped off a piece on their Bearing driver. It's like it got mad that it was losing, lol.
(May. 31, 2020  12:42 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote: https://youtu.be/RfV2hcUcPz0
New video on MFf Br. 2S vs stock Brave. Fafnir is a lot better this way and didn't burst once, thankfully. I find it funny how Brave chipped off a piece on their Bearing driver. It's like it got mad that it was losing, lol.
Stock brave is nothing to be proud of when in an opposite spin match up but it definitely will be good in spin stealing(i have watch other vid)
Another videi of Brave and Mirage (stock) trying to kill each other in battle
https://youtu.be/J6VaBjmDzg4
Also, could someone tally up the score, because I can't keep track for my life
(May. 31, 2020  12:30 AM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(May. 31, 2020  12:27 AM)g2_ Wrote: And Fafnir burst Valkyrie 0 times. And he kept stealing it's power. Anyway, Fafnir seems pretty underwhelming, but it's probably just the Nothing driver, I'll test it for myself when I get it.

Fafnir is not meant to burst opponents unless we're talking about slow motions bursts. The Nothing driver has already been proven to be nothing useful, so Mirage probably has more potential on something like Atomic or Bearing.
Maybe better with xt+ ?