[Product]  B-154 DX Booster Imperial Dragon.Ig'

I got mine a week or two back too. Initially it used to move in the correctly described way ie. Alternating rotations after launch but now it spins like a regular non-electric bey. Like you said no discernible difference in movement despite it lighting up and having the little tip rotate right and left when first turned on. I'm kinda disappointed with the short-lived gimmick. Would also appreciate any tips to get it working right too!
From what I can see, Ignition' works best with a very hard launch, with the first 2 seconds spinning in the correct spin direction (if setup correctly) with a brief second of reversed spinning then alternates for at least 3 to 4 times on a solo spin test, but it doesn't necessarily manifest or seem to not have any practical effect in battles probably except against opposite spin.

What should be noted here is that unlike Hybrid, Ig' will and should not spin continuously in one direction (speeding up and adding more rotations before settling in the middle of the stadium, with a last spurt that makes the Bey wobble violently for that needed stamina from wobbling inertia to outlast opponents). If yours does otherwise, then it was probably a dud or you may just need to use newer batteries (with the batteries already loaded into the Driver and don't have paper tabs to conserve the power while not yet sold, it may contribute to weak sensors on the Driver)
With all the above saying its gimmick's not working, replace the batteries and see if that helps before just writing it off. These batteries can only last for so long, and dead batteries will obviously affect how quick the motor can turn.

Check the easy solution first before just saying "it's broken".
My experience is as such:
weak launch (spin steal kind of strength) - speed up in same direction once
medium launch (prevent self-KO kind of strength) - alternate left and right
strong launch (digital LR launcher and rip it senseless) - left first then right

However, after some plays (like 20x), it seems to become erratic in detecting the launch strength. Switch off and on does not reset it very well. Somehow switching it to left, launch it once, then switch it back to right again, the sensor seems to reset properly, start to detect launch strength much better.

I can't explain why this is so. Let me know if it works the same way for you.
Yeah checked the batteries and they are properly connected, and should work because the driver powers on correctly. The only thing I can think of is that the battery is weak or the bey requires an absurdly powerful launch, which is weird cause I'm an adult with adult strength, so how could this be, and honestly if so, how does TT expect children to properly launch it? For the record I'm using a LR launcher like the one that comes with ace dragon or venom diablos. Maybe I should try a string launcher, for faster speeds. This really bugs me because I'm no beyblade "noob", and yet the expensive product apparently becomes hard to operate properly, right out of the box. I could justify a bey not working after some time with regular wear and tear, but this is just bizarre.
(Dec. 08, 2019  3:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: With all the above saying its gimmick's not working, replace the batteries and see if that helps before just writing it off. These batteries can only last for so long, and dead batteries will obviously affect how quick the motor can turn.

Except I have tried changing the batteries on my Ignition' Driver... three times and there was no difference at all.

I believe I commented last week that my Ignition' Driver stopped working after one day and I tried my best to be careful with it too.

It still lights up and the motor test spin is still present like before but when it came to actually working in the stadium, it doesn't motorise so the problem isn't always the user, it's the Driver.
just posting the review of the gold I did on the product thread
(Dec. 08, 2019  10:28 PM)LOL-y Rancher Wrote:
(Dec. 08, 2019  3:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: With all the above saying its gimmick's not working, replace the batteries and see if that helps before just writing it off. These batteries can only last for so long, and dead batteries will obviously affect how quick the motor can turn.

Except I have tried changing the batteries on my Ignition' Driver... three times and there was no difference at all.

I believe I commented last week that my Ignition' Driver stopped working after one day and I tried my best to be careful with it too.

It still lights up and the motor test spin is still present like before but when it came to actually working in the stadium, it doesn't motorise so the problem isn't always the user, it's the Driver.

I'm not saying that it'll always fix the problem like you seem to be assuming I am. I'd just rather see people make sure that it's not just dead batteries given the number of symptoms that are shared between a dying battery and a broken driver.

All I'm saying is "Before you assume the worst, replace the batteries and see if that helps". I'm not commenting on your case specifically, or anyone's case in particular, just making a fairly common sense blanket statement.
I recently published an in-depth review of Imperial Dragon on my blog: https://beybase.com/imperial-dragon-ig-b...st-review/

A bit late with this review, but I wanted to spend some time with it and see what impact–if any–it would have on tournament play first.

The Imperial Layer Base is great; it's one of the most interesting parts released this year to me with its combination attack and stamina. Ignition' on the other hand ... is about as inconsequential as I expected it to be. But I do wonder if someone will find some niche use for it.

Has anyone here tried using either part in a tournament yet? I was the unfortunate victim to King Loofa's Imperial Odin.00E.Sp' at Beyblade West recently haha.
I can't wait to receive this next week during Hanukkah.
(Dec. 17, 2019  10:14 PM)Kei Wrote: I recently published an in-depth review of Imperial Dragon on my blog: https://beybase.com/imperial-dragon-ig-b...st-review/

A bit late with this review, but I wanted to spend some time with it and see what impact–if any–it would have on tournament play first.

The Imperial Layer Base is great; it's one of the most interesting parts released this year to me with its combination attack and stamina. Ignition' on the other hand ... is about as inconsequential as I expected it to be. But I do wonder if someone will find some niche use for it.

Has anyone here tried using either part in a tournament yet? I was the unfortunate victim to King Loofa's Imperial Odin.00E.Sp' at Beyblade West recently haha.

If Chouzetsu Spriggan.Hybrid was kind of useful, I was thinking Chouzetsu Valkyrie.Ignition' would also work, though I noted from testing that both Drivers are quite weak (stamina-wise) against opposite spin equalizer combos. 

Just want to ask though, is the normal-Bounding-Ultimate Attack supposed to be a natural thing (like you have to reset back to the original state every match), or do you have the option to set the mode manually on the Imperial Base?
(Dec. 18, 2019  3:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Just want to ask though, is the normal-Bounding-Ultimate Attack supposed to be a natural thing (like you have to reset back to the original state every match), or do you have the option to set the mode manually on the Imperial Base?

It comes in the box as unawakened mode.

You can battle it and the yellow wings will get clicked, or you can use your nails to push the wings manually to instantly awaken it.

Once awakened they are not designed to be able to reset. The mechanism locks 2 of the yellow plastic in place. Forcing it to reset might be possible but very risky to break, so you can't make it return to non-awakened state. Its designed as a permanent performance change similar to Evolution or Variable
(Dec. 18, 2019  4:36 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2019  3:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: Just want to ask though, is the normal-Bounding-Ultimate Attack supposed to be a natural thing (like you have to reset back to the original state every match), or do you have the option to set the mode manually on the Imperial Base?

It comes in the box as unawakened mode.

You can battle it and the yellow wings will get clicked, or you can use your nails to push the wings manually to instantly awaken it.

Once awakened they are not designed to be able to reset. The mechanism locks 2 of the yellow plastic in place. Forcing it to reset might be possible but very risky to break, so you can't make it return to non-awakened state. Its designed as a permanent performance change similar to Evolution or Variable

Not necessarily...  it is true that it’s designed to evolve, but it’s possible to reset, I should know, I resented mine after accidentally pushing a wing in...

Now I’ll admit, it’s not designed to be reset...
Which is stoopid in my opinion, so be extremely careful...
(Dec. 18, 2019  5:12 AM)ReekoBlader Wrote:
(Dec. 18, 2019  4:36 AM)eigerblade Wrote: It comes in the box as unawakened mode.

Not necessarily...  it is true that it’s designed to evolve, but it’s possible to reset, I should know, I resented mine after accidentally pushing a wing in...

Now I’ll admit, it’s not designed to be reset...
Which is stoopid in my opinion, so be extremely careful...

Possible, yes. A good idea? No, really not. You're at a pretty severe risk of breaking its mechanisms by doing that.
Does it come with a launcher?
(Dec. 19, 2019  3:17 AM)Spider Sniper Wrote: Does it come with a launcher?

It's a booster. Boosters don't come with launcher.
(Dec. 19, 2019  3:18 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Dec. 19, 2019  3:17 AM)Spider Sniper Wrote: Does it come with a launcher?

It's a booster. Boosters don't come with launcher.

Got it, I was thinking that it was a DX so I thought it came with a launcher
It is a DX product, but it is not a DX Starter.
(Dec. 19, 2019  4:43 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: It is a DX product, but it is not a DX Starter.

oooooooohhhhhhhhh
What would recommended combos for imperial dragon be?
(Jan. 02, 2020  5:19 AM)GeistValkyrie Wrote: What would recommended combos for imperial dragon be?

I would say imperial achilles/odin.00 Expand.Spiral'/Destroy' depending what situation your in
(Jan. 02, 2020  5:34 AM)Needforspeed Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2020  5:19 AM)GeistValkyrie Wrote: What would recommended combos for imperial dragon be?

I would say imperial achilles/odin.00 Expand.Spiral'/Destroy' depending what situation your in
Thanks I’ll try it, so far I’ve just been using Imperial Dragon.Sting.Ultimate Reboot’
Does anyone notice that Dread base (from triple booster) have same burst prone like Imperial base? I've check them both and found out that they both longer than other layer. That is why other chip not very suitable for this layer as they teeth are bit shorter. Luckily for Dread, it have Gen weight as anti burst.