[Product]  B-149 GT Triple Booster Set

(Jul. 12, 2019  10:26 PM)Blader92 Wrote: The Lord base has rubber on it to help it attack (like judgment) and spin steal.

https://beyblade.takaratomy.co.jp/parts?id=LA423

Do you think the Lord layer will be compatible with Diabolos chip..I'm worried it won't because of that blue thing in the center. and the Diabolos chip doesn't have a hole for it.
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:31 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote:
(Jul. 12, 2019  10:26 PM)Blader92 Wrote: The Lord base has rubber on it to help it attack (like judgment) and spin steal.

Do you think the Lord layer will be compatible with Diabolos chip..I'm worried it won't because of that blue thing in the center. and the Diabolos chip doesn't have a hole for it.

No it won't be Unhappy
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:31 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote:

No, it doesn't seem like it will, because of those reasons
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:33 AM)JoMario67 Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:31 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote: Do you think the Lord layer will be compatible with Diabolos chip..I'm worried it won't because of that blue thing in the center. and the Diabolos chip doesn't have a hole for it.

No, it doesn't seem like it will, because of those reasons

Im really disappointed. It seemed like they didn't think their products through enough and are just winging it as they go. They were really lazy with Spriggan's parts too.
Not only the diabolos chip, but none of the layer weights will be compatible with Lord, cuz it’s layer weight is fused to the base... unfortunately...

I hope that this DB would be a little bit tighter that the random layer.. of which I highly doubt...
There has to be a way they'd made the lord base compatible with Diabolos. Theres no way they'd be lazy like this.
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:50 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote: There has to be a way they'd made the lord base compatible with Diabolos. Theres no  way they'd be lazy like this.

It's not a function of being lazy. It's basic physics; two objects cannot occupy the same space. If certain layer bases are combined with layer weights, and certain chips are combined with layer weights, then those can't be used at the same time.

This is a weird hill to choose to die on.
(Jul. 13, 2019  2:01 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  1:50 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote: There has to be a way they'd made the lord base compatible with Diabolos. Theres no  way they'd be lazy like this.

It's not a function of being lazy. It's basic physics; two objects cannot occupy the same space. If certain layer bases are combined with layer weights, and certain chips are combined with layer weights, then those can't be used at the same time.

I'm aware, if they would've made Lord a much more compatible base it would've been TT's best product. Now its just completely disappointing.
I mean Doesn't diabolos come with an handicap too you can't use other weight with it granted it can go on any base. with Lord any chip can go on it minus other weight but if the Lord base is very good than it will be ok not using other weight of course you would have to forget diabolos.  just like you would've to forget other weight for diabolos uniqueness sometimes come with a price if Lord base is good for the other chips like very good aside from diabolos i think people will be ok with it. looking at things now I'm kind of more semi mad that diabolos has it's weight infused cause every chip goes on Lord.
All because the Lord base has a built in weight, RIP

I don't really care about that anyway
(Jul. 13, 2019  2:03 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  2:01 AM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: It's not a function of being lazy. It's basic physics; two objects cannot occupy the same space. If certain layer bases are combined with layer weights, and certain chips are combined with layer weights, then those can't be used at the same time.

I'm aware, if they would've made Lord a much more compatible base it would've been TT's best product. Now its just completely disappointing.

it's not disappointing though and this still will be Takara Tomy's best product. you always have to sacrifice one thing for another like how diabolos sacrificed the layer weight
I'm digging the new look for Lord Spriggan but I gotta say, how cool would it have been if they made that rubber white?
(Jul. 13, 2019  3:21 AM)HakaishinLDrago Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  2:03 AM)PhantomScyther Wrote: I'm aware, if they would've made Lord a much more compatible base it would've been TT's best product. Now its just completely disappointing.

it's not disappointing though and this still will be Takara Tomy's best product. you always have to sacrifice one thing for another like how diabolos sacrificed the layer weight

If the spriggan chip has better teeth then it wont matter at all
This set is ridiculously good. Wow. Easily the best buy of the year.
Oh boy, I would rather buy this than the cho-Z customize set now?
TT just goes all out when it comes to Spriggan! Like all their wild imagination kicks in specially for spriggan!
It looks beautiful regardless.
Excited for this set!
(Jul. 13, 2019  5:41 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Oh boy, I would rather buy this than the cho-Z customize set now?
TT just goes all out when it comes to Spriggan! Like all their wild imagination kicks in specially for spriggan!
Excited for this set!

If you have an RBV Shadow Orichalcum, you'd still want to buy both the Chou Z Customize Set for the Outer Disk and this GT Triple Booster for Octa to be able to complete the stock Orichalcum combo. I'd wager Lord Spriggan would still be used on Ratchet Bearing regardless. Still curious if Gen would still fit in Lord Base considering the Weight never had a frame that needed to align to any of the hexagonal slots on any given Base
(Jul. 13, 2019  8:05 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  5:41 AM)Suhasini Wrote: Oh boy, I would rather buy this than the cho-Z customize set now?
Excited for this set!

If you have an RBV Shadow Orichalcum, you'd still want to buy both the Chou Z Customize Set for the Outer Disk and this GT Triple Booster for Octa to be able to complete the stock Orichalcum combo. I'd wager Lord Spriggan would still be used on Ratchet Bearing regardless. Still curious if Gen would still fit in Lord Base considering the Weight never had a frame that needed to align to any of the hexagonal slots on any given Base

You cannot fit any Weight onto the Lord Base and that includes the Gen weight.
Not only are the holes Gen's flap usually go through is considerably smaller than the other Bases, the center bit that make up the dual-spin mechanism's casing is raised, which uses up the space that a weight would usually occupy.

To show you what I mean, here's a side-by-side of a standard Base and the Lord Base
[Image: rY3e9Xd.png]       [Image: 1i7OsW3.png]
(Jul. 13, 2019  8:07 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  8:05 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: If you have an RBV Shadow Orichalcum, you'd still want to buy both the Chou Z Customize Set for the Outer Disk and this GT Triple Booster for Octa to be able to complete the stock Orichalcum combo. I'd wager Lord Spriggan would still be used on Ratchet Bearing regardless. Still curious if Gen would still fit in Lord Base considering the Weight never had a frame that needed to align to any of the hexagonal slots on any given Base

You cannot fit any Weight onto the Lord Base and that includes the Gen weight.
Not only are the holes Gen's flap usually go through is considerably smaller than the other Bases, the center bit that make up the dual-spin mechanism's casing is raised, which uses up the space that a weight would usually occupy.

To show you what I mean, here's a side-by-side of a standard Base and the Lord Base

Fair enough, I guess it just can be used with a standard GT Chip then. I'll be assuming the raised blue thingy with the axe logo in the center is metal like its predecessors. I also noticed that the difference in hue for the color red on the Base might be to show that the ones that will be hit are rubberized while the top parts are either plastic or metal.

Just a bit off topic, I did read from an Instagram post a few moments ago that Aiga might be the actual owner of this Spriggan in GT. It kinda makes sense tho, since Valt was his rival and Shu was his mentor, so at least two parts represented the two while the Driver may signify himself being stronger (hence the Dash variant)?
(Jul. 13, 2019  8:45 AM)Rouzuke Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  8:07 AM)BeyCrafter Wrote: You cannot fit any Weight onto the Lord Base and that includes the Gen weight.

Fair enough, I guess it just can be used with a standard GT Chip then. I'll be assuming the raised blue thingy with the axe logo in the center is metal like its predecessors. I also noticed that the difference in hue for the color red on the Base might be to show that the ones that will be hit are rubberized while the top parts are either plastic or metal.

Just a bit off topic, I did read from an Instagram post a few moments ago that Aiga might be the actual owner of this Spriggan in GT. It kinda makes sense tho, since Valt was his rival and Shu was his mentor, so at least two parts represented the two while the Driver may signify himself being stronger (hence the Dash variant)?

That would be an interesting turn, but let's keep things centered on the actual product and not the show
Then if Aiga use Lord Spriggan, who is going to use Achilles, because Aiga abandoned it .
Akaba=Red
Spriggan is red

Or someone who does not seen in the new op? Like lodin and Joe. Because if Aiga use Spriggan, it is a big surprise though, the next arc will finish less then five episode.
orbit metal isn't entirely metal only the ball is metal. if this will be a trend from now on then extreme m and hold m are what interest me probably atomic m too but that might be meta breaking with gen weight and dread bahamut
(Jul. 13, 2019  10:51 AM)Garvin prime Wrote: orbit metal isn't entirely metal only the ball is metal. if this will be a trend from now on then extreme m and hold m are what interest me probably atomic m too but that might be meta breaking with gen weight and dread bahamut

The whole thing aside from the white locking part, from what I can see.
EDIT: I am stupid lol. It’s black plastic with sparkling thingies that made it look like a metallic texture.
(Jul. 13, 2019  10:51 AM)Garvin prime Wrote: orbit metal isn't entirely metal only the ball is metal. if this will be a trend from now on then extreme m and hold m are what interest me probably atomic m too but that might be meta breaking with gen weight and dread bahamut

Why make extreme m when we have Iron driver? The combo specified might still be easy to KO or outspin in same spin, but ofc, every combo has it's counters (the point is, I don't think it will be meta breaking).
P.S: Hold m is a crazy good idea imo.
Orbit Metal is really weird, honestly idk why they wouldn't just make a new tooling for a new driver instead of just reusing Orbit for this... The abbreviation for it is also really weird bc unlike every other two-letter abbreviation for a Disc or Driver (usually the first letter of the driver + the first consonant), it uses the first letter of the original driver name + the m from metal... theres just so much about this thats confusing, lol. I think they should have come up with a new style of differentiation like they have for Dash Drivers or Slingshock Drivers, maybe something like O-M instead of Om? I dunno, but they really should have come up with a better initialization scheme for it.

If they do decide to do more of these "_m" drivers, given the way they've done the initials, they'd only be able to make it work for single-letter drivers, and the drivers would need to be structurally capable of having only part of it made of metal, so no Drivers where the driver is all one piece like Defense or Fusion (rip metal change). And given the way the way they're initialing it, Driver that have single-letter initials would make the most sense for this new type of Driver, since an initial like "Brm" would be a bit weird ig? I also have a feeling they may only give the Metal treatment to defense or stamina-type Drivers as sort of a way to balance out how only attack and balance-type Drivers get Dash variants? That being said if they were to follow all the thoughts I just set out, I just realized the only Metal Drivers we'd possibly get would be Gyro and Claw... so I'm probably just overthinking this lol.

I suppose theres always the chance Orbit Metal will be a one-off upgrade like Xtend+ and Ultimate Reboot and racking our heads over it would be unproductive, but given how weird the decisions TT makes can be, I'm not sure. I'm still looking forward to seeing if Om is an improvement over Orbit in any aspects. Even if it wasn't though, this whole set looks amazing, so I'd pick it up regardless lol.
(Jul. 13, 2019  3:39 PM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Jul. 13, 2019  10:51 AM)Garvin prime Wrote: orbit metal isn't entirely metal only the ball is metal. if this will be a trend from now on then extreme m and hold m are what interest me probably atomic m too but that might be meta breaking with gen weight and dread bahamut

Why make extreme m when we have Iron driver? The combo specified might still be easy to KO or outspin in same spin, but ofc, every combo has it's counters (the point is, I don't think it will be meta breaking).
P.S: Hold m is a crazy good idea imo.

Iron has little surface area. XtremeM would therefore be much more useful.