[Product]  B-146 Random Booster Vol. 16 (Flare Dragon.Ar.Pl 閃, Gaia Dragoon.Ar.Hn')

(Aug. 06, 2019  3:52 AM)eigerblade Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2019  12:10 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: As for the Around Disk, sad to hear that it seems to have less than decent LAD compared to the marketed gimmick. The heaviness could be good for attack maybe on a Dash Driver, but I feel this Disk would benefit mostly on stamina/defense hybrids. I'm still bound to get mine along with Pegasus and Spriggan, so I can't really tell yet. Maybe the absence of good LAD is due to the stock combo of Gaia Dragoon not being suitable for it?

The LAD of around suffers because the "housing" of the 4 balls are too protruding (think Proof, but with way worse nubs on 4 sides).

It might still work with a taller driver I guess? I haven't received mine so I am unable to do any testing yet.

I’ll try? I don’t have Tower or Dimension. Does Volcanic work?
(Aug. 06, 2019  1:59 PM)Armor Wrote:
(Aug. 06, 2019  3:52 AM)eigerblade Wrote: The LAD of around suffers because the "housing" of the 4 balls are too protruding (think Proof, but with way worse nubs on 4 sides).

It might still work with a taller driver I guess? I haven't received mine so I am unable to do any testing yet.

I’ll try? I don’t have Tower or Dimension. Does Volcanic work?
If a taller driver helps the LAD of Around, then you’d want to use an awakened Volcanic.
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:44 AM)Armor Wrote: Based off the new responses, it seems it's better to keep the armor on. However, previous responses in this thread indicate a preference of no armor at all. Personally, I would like to armor to stay on at all times, considering it's quite hard to knock off the armor because of it's elevated position.

Alright everyone, I just bought a random booster and was lucky enough to get the Gaia Dragoon(although I would rather have the Flare Dragon, for competitive reasons). The Around disk doesn't seem to have good LAD whatsoever, despite the gimmick. Kinda disappointing, but I think it's alright for attack combos?

I have seen people use around on zwei x'/qc'/jl' combos. Can you try out a combo like that and tell us what you think of it?
(Aug. 07, 2019  5:22 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
(Aug. 05, 2019  6:44 AM)Armor Wrote: Based off the new responses, it seems it's better to keep the armor on. However, previous responses in this thread indicate a preference of no armor at all. Personally, I would like to armor to stay on at all times, considering it's quite hard to knock off the armor because of it's elevated position.

Alright everyone, I just bought a random booster and was lucky enough to get the Gaia Dragoon(although I would rather have the Flare Dragon, for competitive reasons). The Around disk doesn't seem to have good LAD whatsoever, despite the gimmick. Kinda disappointing, but I think it's alright for attack combos?

I have seen people use around on zwei x'/qc'/jl' combos. Can you try out a combo like that and tell us what you think of it?

Sounds good. It does look like a decent replacement for Sting. It think it’ll be better same spin, but worse opposite spin. I only have Hn’, is that ok?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MIy1YA554vQ
This video has a zwei combo with around in it. Don't conclude that around is bad based on the video.It did lose to a very good mobile perfect phoenix combo. That combo has very good same spin stamina and can beat bearing (inconsistent though) in opposite spin.

(Aug. 07, 2019  10:01 AM)Armor Wrote:
(Aug. 07, 2019  5:22 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote: I have seen people use around on zwei x'/qc'/jl' combos. Can you try out a combo like that and tell us what you think of it?

Sounds good. It does look like a decent replacement for Sting. It think it’ll be better same spin, but worse opposite spin. I only have Hn’, is that ok?

Yeah, try it.
Heads up everyone about Around(although some of you may know this already). I think you can use Around instead of Outer in the combo Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+. I would personally use the defense mode though.
(Aug. 08, 2019  9:18 AM)Armor Wrote: Heads up everyone about Around(although some of you may know this already). I think you can use Around instead of Outer in the combo Perfect Phoenix Outer Xtend+. I would personally use the defense mode though.

I'm not sure if you know about using volcanic on perfect phoenix. The channel of the video that I posted here, also has a video in which around was used in the combo over the usual outer disk. I don't think it faced any stamina combo though. So, I don't know if it is better than outer for stamina matches.
(Jul. 27, 2019  10:22 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Is it just me, or is the yellow Revive Phoenix in this release super difficult to remove the armor on?

Like, I had to wrench the armor off to put the stickers on the core, and it took a little bit of muscle to do that when it wasn't even assembled on anything.

I finally got a yellow Revive Phoenix (I needed a core replacement, and Accel' is always welcome), and mine does not seem to be sticky like you mentioned, so yours is probably a lucky (or unlucky?) mold.
I just got my around and it's perfectly lines up with atomic when it gets unbalanced it hits the metal ball so it doesn't lose stamina/scrape on the stadium and it weighs 26 grams
personally, I think it's better than sting next thing I know I start a war XD
(Aug. 09, 2019  7:25 AM)Ash_Ketchum_007 Wrote:
I'm not sure if you know about using volcanic on perfect phoenix. The channel of the video that I posted here, also has a video in which around was used in the combo over the usual outer disk. I don't think it faced any stamina combo though. So, I don't know if it is better than outer for stamina matches.

Volcanic' seems to be useful only when Awakened (aka worn down rotating shaft) on a stadium sprayed with silicone lubricant. Though it has use in the Japanese meta as reported, I don't think every non-Japanese Blader has the time to wear-out their Vl' copies just for that. Just my opinion tho.

(Aug. 14, 2019  2:28 PM)eigerblade Wrote:
I finally got a yellow Revive Phoenix (I needed a core replacement, and Accel' is always welcome), and mine does not seem to be sticky like you mentioned, so yours is probably a lucky (or unlucky?) mold.

Depends on which is sticky still (the Core or Armor), since a sticky Revive Armor (isn't exactly useful anymore with the release of Dead Armor) will only be great if your aim is not to have the Armor removed at all at the expense of higher Burst risk. If the Revive Core is sticky, then it may still depend on whether Dead Armor sticks too much with it as well, since the gimmick is kind of a Burst-click delay to simply absorb majority of the force from opposing Bey at the 1st click (where the lock inside the Core is released to let the Armor fly off). Anyways, that's how I understand its gimmick.

(Aug. 14, 2019  2:39 PM)Ravinchen Wrote: I just got my around and it's perfectly lines up with atomic when it gets unbalanced it hits the metal ball so it doesn't lose stamina/scrape on the stadium and it weighs 26 grams
personally, I think it's better than sting next thing I know I start a war XD

Your opinion of the Around Disk's usefulness may contradict some Bladers', but I'm quite sure the metal balls are there mainly for balance and kinda like Orb Egis' gimmick in Disk form. I've yet to receive mine via mail tho, so working on what I can already see in WBO threads
(Nov. 16, 2019  1:55 PM)renidage Wrote:

Unless it has new information about the product, please do not advertise your videos here, do that in the proper forum threads.

Thank you!