[Product]  B-146 Random Booster Vol. 16 (Flare Dragon.Ar.Pl 閃, Gaia Dragoon.Ar.Hn')

The bit chip of Gaia Dragoon is confirmed to be metal, and the ring or yellow part is confirmed to be free spinning. From new CoroCoro video. Would post it, but I can't right now. Also details what Around is like, seems pretty smooth, around the same as the Proof Frame I'd have to say

Link for video: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=79GWgU3hdRk
(Jul. 14, 2019  12:37 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: The bit chip of Gaia Dragoon is confirmed to be metal, and the ring or yellow part is confirmed to be free spinning. From new CoroCoro video. Would post it, but I can't right now. Also details what Around is like, seems pretty smooth, around the same as the Proof Frame I'd have to say

When you think about it, Proof has the same 4 ball/orb shapes on the underside of it (if you inspect closely), so Around might be the Disk to expound further on that possibility of more LAD. Now if Around would help especially for lower Drivers like Eternal and the upcoming Low, then this may be a top-tier Disk to have as part of the meta. I kind of dislike not having a variety of Frames released in GT, but I guess the catch of having gimmicky Disks along with the Bases and Drivers more than makes up for that. Now if they can make metal-infused Chips (not fusing the Weight ofc) like Metal God Chips, that would also be hype.
(Jul. 14, 2019  12:37 AM)JoMario67 Wrote: The bit chip of Gaia Dragoon is confirmed to be metal, and the ring or yellow part is confirmed to be free spinning. From new CoroCoro video. Would post it, but I can't right now. Also details what Around is like, seems pretty smooth, around the same as the Proof Frame I'd have to say

The metal for sure helps Gaia Dragoon a bit since it'll have more weight compared to previous old gen remakes. However with how the blades function I cannot see it being competitively viable in anyway with that layer. I do think that the Around Disk and Hunter' are parts to look forward too if anyone manages to get that release.
(Jul. 14, 2019  4:19 AM)originalzankye Wrote:

The metal for sure helps Gaia Dragoon a bit since it'll have more weight compared to previous old gen remakes. However with how the blades function I cannot see it being competitively viable in anyway with that layer. I do think that the Around Disk and Hunter' are parts to look forward too if anyone manages to get that release.

Nobody cares these Beyblades were my childhood and no one is gonna battle with them anyway they are collector's item.
(Jul. 14, 2019  9:58 AM)NPN Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2019  4:19 AM)originalzankye Wrote: The metal for sure helps Gaia Dragoon a bit since it'll have more weight compared to previous old gen remakes. However with how the blades function I cannot see it being competitively viable in anyway with that layer. I do think that the Around Disk and Hunter' are parts to look forward too if anyone manages to get that release.

Nobody cares these Beyblades were my childhood and no one is gonna battle with them anyway they are collector's item.

People do use these remakes for Classic battles where some of them are pretty viable. More people probably care about using these competitively than they care about your childhood lol.

Back on topic - since the metal of Gaia Dragoon is mostly in the middle, this would cause it to have very bad OWD. So even if it were heavy, it still might not be as competitive as we hope.
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:35 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2019  9:58 AM)NPN Wrote: Nobody cares these Beyblades were my childhood and no one is gonna battle with them anyway they are collector's item.

People do use these remakes for Classic battles where some of them are pretty viable. More people probably care about using these competitively than they care about your childhood lol.

Back on topic - since the metal of Gaia Dragoon is mostly in the middle, this would cause it to have very bad OWD. So even if it were heavy, it still might not be as competitive as we hope.
I am talking about the majority of the people these bey's cost a lot to import and only cause people have memories of them they import it and buddy TT would be out of business if people who cross their 18 stop buying their products and not everyone participate in "Tournaments" most of em just collect it.
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:35 AM)KingSpin Wrote:
(Jul. 14, 2019  9:58 AM)NPN Wrote: Nobody cares these Beyblades were my childhood and no one is gonna battle with them anyway they are collector's item.

The thing that at least makes it a good pull for the random booster is Hunter' and the Around Disk the only other way to get that Around Disk is from Flare Dragon. Most of the random booster doesn't really have that good of parts so at least most can look forward to that.
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:42 PM)originalzankye Wrote:
(Jul. 15, 2019  4:35 AM)KingSpin Wrote: People do use these remakes for Classic battles where some of them are pretty viable. More people probably care about using these competitively than they care about your childhood lol.

The thing that at least makes it a good pull for the random booster is Hunter' and the Around Disk the only other way to get that Around Disk is from Flare Dragon. Most of the random booster doesn't really have that good of parts so at least most can look forward to that.

Don’t forget about that epic Slash Joker “Negative” recolor... I’m buying the entire set when it releases
Competitively speaking, will this be worth picking up a full set?
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:34 PM)Guzmada Wrote: Competitively speaking, will this be worth picking up a full set?

Probably not worth it as much as the previous Random Booster, but I’m probably going to try and get Flare Dragon for the red Around Disk so that I can use oE.Ar.Om as a red and black rotating metal ball combo.
(Jul. 15, 2019  7:34 PM)Guzmada Wrote: Competitively speaking, will this be worth picking up a full set?

From this full set, you can get the following parts, (which I think and feel are competitive or at least are useful):

Slash Base, Joker Chip, 10 Disk, Metsu Weight, Revive Phoenix Layer, 00 Disk, Hit Frame, Gaia Dragoon S Layer (possibly competitive at least amongst Plastic Gen remakes), Around Disk x2, Hunter' Driver, Star Frame, Bump Frame, Geist Fafnir Layer (which for me can still put up a good fight), Ratchet Disk, Flare Base x2, Dragon Chip, Planet Driver (for collection purposes probably).

So 18 parts that can still be useful (especially the Ratchet and Around Disks) for competitions. If you got God luck, then you can try playing it through TT's intended selling point: random pulls, and still be able to get most if not all the competitive parts. Quite surprised there was no 0 Disk on this release when 00, 10 and 7 have made it in. At least no 11/12/13 Disks, right?
A full set of this random booster is godly if you like Disks. The layers are pretty decent. The drivers mostly suck, but A' and Hn' are welcomed.
B-146 Random Booster Vol.16 unboxing! (He has been able to cover almost every bey in this random booster except for gF.Rt.G and rP.8'M.A')

[Credits to すぴか【カーニバルSpChannel]
Review video of Gaia Dragoon from SpChannel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzbPrO-eoo
Gaia Dragoon: 17.89 Grams
Around: 26.87
Looks like it has pretty weak teeth, but that layer is heavy! Around 10 grams heavier than all other previous old gen beys. If this is allowed in Burst Classic Format, it might dominate, however it might stand more of a chance against other beys than I thought. Spinning attack blades seem more free spinning than Tornado Wyvern's blades

From the battles, seems to have bad stamina since all the weight is in the center, but it burst Slash Joker 10 Keep Metsu which really surprised me. Otherwise, seems kind of weak, but might be good in Burst Classic if it's allowed

Review Video of Flare Dragon from Spchannel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOjjazJycQ
Flare Base: 15.20 grams (lighter than Poison Somehow)
Around: 27.49 (seems to be some variation since another one weighed 26.85)

From battles, I can see that it is somewhat easy to burst, and looks like it get destabilized easily probably because of the base. However stamina still seems to be pretty good despite those issues. Could be good, but it has some recoil issues because it has a somewhat uneven shape, more like an oval in my opinion
(Jul. 18, 2019  3:53 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: Review video of Gaia Dragoon from SpChannel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzbPrO-eoo
Gaia Dragoon: 17.89 Grams
Around: 26.87
Looks like it has pretty weak teeth, but that layer is heavy! Around 10 grams heavier than all other previous old gen beys. If this is allowed in Burst Classic Format, it might dominate, however it might stand more of a chance against other beys than I thought. Spinning attack blades seem more free spinning than Tornado Wyvern's blades

From the battles, seems to have bad stamina since all the weight is in the center, but it burst Slash Joker 10 Keep Metsu which really surprised me. Otherwise, seems kind of weak, but might be good in Burst Classic if it's allowed

Review Video of Flare Dragon from Spchannel: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vhzbPrO-eoo
Flare Base: 15.20 grams (lighter than Poison Somehow)
Around: 27.49 (seems to be some variation since another one weighed 26.85)

From battles, I can see that it is somewhat easy to burst, and looks like it get destabilized easily probably because of the base. However stamina still seems to be pretty good despite those issues. Could be good, but it has some recoil issues because it has a somewhat uneven shape, more like an oval in my opinion

You linked the Gaia Dragoon video twice. Here's Flare Dragon: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0hOjjazJycQ
Whoops, my bad. Thanks for pointing that out
The channel above and Kenchannel did not pull any Revive Phoenix or Geist Fafnir?! I think some of these random booster shipments might be flawed
It seems that the Planet is much more stable than the one we have on Galaxy Zeus?
The Pl in RB 11 (on the black nL) was already better than the original one, but this one seems even better.
Hopefully it could now be useful for stamina.
I am going to assume that the weak teeth strength on the prize bey is conflicts between the around disk and the planet driver
I just realized that there were 8 metal balls on the Flare base, as 2 are covered by the Gatinko Chip. That means Flare Dragon Stock has 15 metal balls
(Jul. 20, 2019  3:12 PM)JoMario67 Wrote: I just realized that there were 8 metal balls on the Flare base, as 2 are covered by the Gatinko Chip. That means Flare Dragon Stock has 15 metal balls

Those are the screws, not balls.
Oh, although I wish they were metal balls, but you're right. Those are just screws, my mistake
Really awesome Prize Beyblade, seems like it can take down beys like Slash Valkyrie just with the stock combo!

This remake seems pretty alright, the Metal in the middle surely was a surprise but the Stock for it is what makes this beyblade a great pull