[Product]  B-14 Starter Wyvern Armed Massive

(Oct. 02, 2015  1:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is sort of bad that Defense has to use an attack Driver (essentially being what we used to call "Anti-Attack" rather than real Defense) to be good at defending though ... Attack is not even comprised of rubber tips yet, plastic tips should be on equal grounds right now.

Takara-Tomy's marketing materials have never lined up with the realities of gameplay, though. I think this is fine; it just sucks that neither Defence or Massive have any real use, yet.
There were definitely 'immobile' Defense types in Metal Fight Beyblade and in HMS though, for sure. Defense did not require flat tips.

I know it will probably come sooner or later, but I do hope a real defensive Driver can be useful eventually.
Yeah I dunno. It would be tough if you think about it though, with the nature of burst. Unless you make a layer/driver combo that is really tight and harder to burst, I don't really see how you can get around this. And even then, it seems like that would be a characteristic of the layer more than the driver, and a flat tip would still work better with it. With this new burst mechanic, it seems that defense really kind of is forced to be running away and outspinning, because of the nature of the game
Really? I always thought Defence Driver had use, I'm just going to presume this is the same sort of case as Central, where it is inconclusive or has an okay only performance.
When my attack shots are on point, I can burst/ko Kerbeus Heavy Defense around 65-70% of the time with Valkyrie. Check out my testing threads, i have always basically said that the drivers with the most movement are better for defense. It is the low risk choice against someone who isn't good at attack shots, but against someone who is, it's not a good play. Either way, you are just a sitting duck and leave the game in the other player's hands when you use it
And yeah, to stay on topic, I tried out Wyvern Heavy Accel a little tonight and really liked it. I think that it's strong point is deflecting attacks on the move and knocking Valkyrie off balance. When it is just sitting there, it is easily bursted and either way, I think it is a bit more burstable than Kerbeous, even when it's on the move, but it does an awesome job at deflecting and destabilizing when it is. I wouldn't go as far yet to say that it is definitely better than Kerbeus on accel, but it's definitely right up there with it for sure
Could you test with spread and central in order to see if its better not bursting but without compromising performance?
(Oct. 02, 2015  12:23 PM)Izhkoort Wrote: Could you test with spread and central in order to see if its better not bursting but without compromising performance?

In my experience, I never once saw Valkyrie HA burst Wyvern HA (contrary to Zoroaste's experience). So I don't think this is a huge issue.

Even if it was, Heavy is required to maintain enough rotational speed to outspin Valkyrie HA. I tried the other Disks and they had poor results.

Wyvern Heavy Accel seemed to perform obviously better to me than Kerbeus Heavy Accel, no matter how I shot Valkyrie HA. While Kerbeus’ notched design is decent at deflecting incoming attacks from Valkyrie, it isn’t very consistent. There are often large impacts that put both Beyblades in a dangerous position, or worse, result in Kerbeus being burst.
(Oct. 02, 2015  3:15 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: While Kerbeus’ notched design is decent at deflecting incoming attacks from Valkyrie, it isn’t very consistent. There are often large impacts that put both Beyblades in a dangerous position, or worse, result in Kerbeus being burst.
Yeah, this is definitely true and might give Wyvern the clear edge. I did notice more times where Kerbeus would be knocked off balance or into the center and Valkyrie would have its way with it. Wyvern is good at deflecting and keeping it's balance while doing so
(Oct. 02, 2015  9:48 PM)UGottaCetus Wrote: Why use Accel over Defense?

For the "Anti-Attack" sort of Defense :

(Oct. 02, 2015  1:56 AM)Bey Brad Wrote:
(Oct. 02, 2015  1:50 AM)Kai-V Wrote: It is sort of bad that Defense has to use an attack Driver (essentially being what we used to call "Anti-Attack" rather than real Defense) to be good at defending though ... Attack is not even comprised of rubber tips yet, plastic tips should be on equal grounds right now.

Takara-Tomy's marketing materials have never lined up with the realities of gameplay, though. I think this is fine; it just sucks that neither Defence or Massive have any real use, yet.

(Oct. 02, 2015  5:57 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah I dunno. It would be tough if you think about it though, with the nature of burst. Unless you make a layer/driver combo that is really tight and harder to burst, I don't really see how you can get around this. And even then, it seems like that would be a characteristic of the layer more than the driver, and a flat tip would still work better with it. With this new burst mechanic, it seems that defense really kind of is forced to be running away and outspinning, because of the nature of the game
(Oct. 02, 2015  2:19 AM)Kai-V Wrote: There were definitely 'immobile' Defense types in Metal Fight Beyblade and in HMS though, for sure. Defense did not require flat tips.

To be honest, I don't even know much I can rely on Accel anymore for aggressive defense. It happened to me very little of the time when initially testing Kerbeus Heavy Accel, but only recently it had occurred to me that Defenders (yo, we gotta start using Burst terminology a bit more) using Accel can very easily be tampered by a Striker and be knocked off balance and lose.

Defense with Accel hold ups against attack surprisingly well, but at the same time, you're not going to have the almost-ensured Spin Finish (more Burst terminology hypuu) like you would using Defence.

Kai-V Wrote:I know it will probably come sooner or later, but I do hope a real defensive Driver can be useful eventually.

Agreed. It'd be good if we can get a nice defensive Driver released sometime soon! Defence is OK, but a Defender using it can easily be knocked out or bursted. I hope Burst isn't like MFB where defense wasn't really that viable until the release of RS.

I'll most likely be receiving my Wyvern from LMAO tomorrow, so I'm really looking forward to testing it! And damn, even if Armed and Massive don't end up being great, the BeyLauncher looks so amazing on its own. <3
I don't know, the way I see it, RS would be great at gripping but unless there's more good disks out there, the stamina will be so bad, and Burst don't spin that great anyway, and the RS grip could potentially allow it to Burst faster as it grips the Driver down enough for the Layer to be easily loosened but it's just a theory.
Yeah Mitsu, I have noticed that with Kerbeus and I think that's why Wyvern is getting good results, because it is better at deflecting and staying balanced, even though I feel like it is way more easily bursted in an immobile defense setting

Agreed Jinbee. It seems like the more grip that a driver has, the easier it is to burst, because it doesn't give as much. It's not about just KO'S anymore, so gripping the stadium actually seems like it could be more of a detriment than an advantage. I am curious to see how they take this into account, or if they will
(Oct. 03, 2015  4:10 AM)Zoroaste Wrote: Yeah Mitsu, I have noticed that with Kerbeus and I think that's why Wyvern is getting good results, because it is better at deflecting and staying balanced, even though I feel like it is way more easily bursted in an immobile defense setting

Yep, exactly my experience as well.
Haha sorry @[Mitsu], my bad.

I do however think a free spinning bottom could potentially help, though I shouldn't speculate that, since my theory is pretty much from watching Genbull F230 in the anime.
(Sep. 30, 2015  1:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Thanks so much. I really love writing about Beyblade from a game design perspective.

Sadly, this BeyLauncher will probably fail eventually like all the others ... so at least I have seven now ... lol

What do you mean fail? Are they bad quality?

and also do burst beyblades break easy?
(Oct. 03, 2015  11:09 PM)lolitsjoey Wrote:
(Sep. 30, 2015  1:53 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: Thanks so much. I really love writing about Beyblade from a game design perspective.

Sadly, this BeyLauncher will probably fail eventually like all the others ... so at least I have seven now ... lol

What do you mean fail? Are they bad quality?

and also do burst beyblades break easy?

All BeyLaunchers from the past and probably now have had breakage issues.
I've gone through like, 3. And I'm sure others have gone through more.
(Oct. 03, 2015  11:07 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: New on Bey Brad Bey Blog:
Reconsidering Wyvern, and the Amazing Active Defense

Really good read! I've been testing it out a bunch right when I got the Wyvern and I loved it ever since. Might get a thread up on it soon! It's able to pretty much deflect attacks from Valkyrie and Spriggan Accel haha.

After finding the Wyvern ____ Accel combo, I wanted to try out Wyvern in other ways, and by doing my own little bits of testing, Wyvern Spread Survive is super good as well. Since Deathscyther is so off-balance this may be a better option over it. Then again Kerbeus is a lot better for pure stamina then Wyvern. This does a pretty good job of staying upright (unlike Deathscyther which wobbles like crazy because of how super unbalanced it is), and when tilt launching Wyvern Spread Survive you're less likely burst from other attackers. I tried it out against a brand new Valkyrie, and it was able to withstand Valkyries attacks quite well. Surprised with how well Wyvern is!
Read the article, loved it! I'm glad someone found a way to make Wyvern great, since Valkyrie isn't that easy to beat in early contact.
Thank you Bey Brad for that amazing article!!! And thank you sooo much for giving Wyvern new life!!! You've successfully taken an awesome Bey off everyone's bench and put it in it's rightful place!!!

Next mission? Make Trident awesome too please please please!!!
Should I get this Bey, or wait for Odin? I only have Ragnaruk BTW
Big update to my Wyvern Armed Massive review: http://beybrad.tumblr.com/post/130165124...ed-massive
Ah, Kerbeus is useless now? That sucks, just when I got it too.

But either way, nice work on the article Brad!
Well, that's just my perspective. There could be a use for it I don't know about or can't perceive. But it doesn't hold up favourably in terms of pure defensive ability, for certain.

Thanks!