[Product]  B-122 Starter Geist Fafnir.8'.Absorb

I don't think that Destroy is that difficult to control...?
(Oct. 10, 2018  4:03 AM)Armor Wrote: I don't think that Destroy is that difficult to control...?

So much this. If this were Volcanic I'd agree, but control is not an issue Destroy has.
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  4:03 AM)Armor Wrote: I don't think that Destroy is that difficult to control...?

So much this. If this were Volcanic I'd agree, but control is not an issue Destroy has.

I'm not talking about controlling it, really. I'm talking about when it's going around on the Tornado Ridge, and the Momentum makes it lose its grip and crash into the walls. That's only if you do a flat launch, though.
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:51 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: So much this. If this were Volcanic I'd agree, but control is not an issue Destroy has.

I'm not talking about controlling it, really. I'm talking about when it's going around on the Tornado Ridge, and the Momentum makes it lose its grip and crash into the walls. That's only if you do a flat launch, though.

If you're doing a flat launch and slamming into walls, either you're a Mobile Defense combo and are launching too hard or you're launching completely wrong to begin with and should be launching at an angle. In either scenario you have issues with your launch, so I don't get why you're trying to get the bey to fix what is essentially user error. Why should I use a heavier disk to control my mistakes instead of just practicing a bit and avoid making those mistakes to begin with?

The difference in weight is small enough that it's not likely to matter much anyways, but this argument just doesn't fly.
(Oct. 11, 2018  12:07 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 10, 2018  11:51 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: I'm not talking about controlling it, really. I'm talking about when it's going around on the Tornado Ridge, and the Momentum makes it lose its grip and crash into the walls. That's only if you do a flat launch, though.

If you're doing a flat launch and slamming into walls, either you're a Mobile Defense combo and are launching too hard or you're launching completely wrong to begin with and should be launching at an angle. In either scenario you have issues with your launch, so I don't get why you're trying to get the bey to fix what is essentially user error. Why should I use a heavier disk to control my mistakes instead of just practicing a bit and avoid making those mistakes to begin with?

The difference in weight is small enough that it's not likely to matter much anyways, but this argument just doesn't fly.

Well, every aspect matters in a Bey Battle, no matter how small. Even MonoDragon expresses this in his drafts for the Wiki, reinforcing my claim. Not only that, but you can't rely on the fact that you're going to get the launch perfectly every time. No matter how much you practice, you'll never be able to erase human error, so if you take precautionary measures, like adding weight to your combo to control its maximum movement speed, there is a better chance to win.
(Oct. 11, 2018  12:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  12:07 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: If you're doing a flat launch and slamming into walls, either you're a Mobile Defense combo and are launching too hard or you're launching completely wrong to begin with and should be launching at an angle. In either scenario you have issues with your launch, so I don't get why you're trying to get the bey to fix what is essentially user error. Why should I use a heavier disk to control my mistakes instead of just practicing a bit and avoid making those mistakes to begin with?

Well, every aspect matters in a Bey Battle, no matter how small. Even MonoDragon expresses this in his drafts for the Wiki, reinforcing my claim. Not only that, but you can't rely on the fact that you're going to get the launch perfectly every time. No matter how much you practice, you'll never be able to erase human error, so if you take precautionary measures, like adding weight to your combo to control its maximum movement speed, there is a better chance to win.

Yes, human error will happen, but that's exactly what practice is for. With enough practice human error become a completely negligible factor, especially at the tournament level. Besides, if you really have to lean on your bey to compensate for a lack in launching skill (or vice-versa for that matter), you're putting your efforts in the wrong place to begin with by using a band-aid fix instead of tackling down the root of the issue. This is just so unlikely to happen by anyone with even a little skill that it's just pointless to design a part of your bey around it anyways.

Besides, you say even small aspects matter, so why doesn't does 7s slightly better Stamina and increased burst resistance matter? Isn't that just ignorance of what it brings to the table over a slight increase in control that doesn't matter with even the tiniest bit of skill?
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:01 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  12:14 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, every aspect matters in a Bey Battle, no matter how small. Even MonoDragon expresses this in his drafts for the Wiki, reinforcing my claim. Not only that, but you can't rely on the fact that you're going to get the launch perfectly every time. No matter how much you practice, you'll never be able to erase human error, so if you take precautionary measures, like adding weight to your combo to control its maximum movement speed, there is a better chance to win.

Yes, human error will happen, but that's exactly what practice is for. With enough practice human error become a completely negligible factor, especially at the tournament level. Besides, if you really have to lean on your bey to compensate for a lack in launching skill (or vice-versa for that matter), you're putting your efforts in the wrong place to begin with by using a band-aid fix instead of tackling down the root of the issue. This is just so unlikely to happen by anyone with even a little skill that it's just pointless to design a part of your bey around it anyways.

Besides, you say even small aspects matter, so why doesn't does 7s slightly better Stamina and increased burst resistance matter? Isn't that just ignorance of what it brings to the table over a slight increase in control that doesn't matter with even the tiniest bit of skill?
If you soft launch Geist Fafnir, does burst resistance matter anymore apart from when it gets slammed into the wall? Plus, the combo Ntruder19 has Destroy' which makes the chance to burst higher. Also, out of curiosity how does 7 have more stamina than 10? Is it because the lighter weight compared to 10 decreases pressure and friction?
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:17 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:01 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yes, human error will happen, but that's exactly what practice is for. With enough practice human error become a completely negligible factor, especially at the tournament level. Besides, if you really have to lean on your bey to compensate for a lack in launching skill (or vice-versa for that matter), you're putting your efforts in the wrong place to begin with by using a band-aid fix instead of tackling down the root of the issue. This is just so unlikely to happen by anyone with even a little skill that it's just pointless to design a part of your bey around it anyways.

If you soft launch Geist Fafnir, does burst resistance matter anymore apart from when it gets slammed into the wall? Plus, the combo Ntruder19 has Destroy' which makes the chance to burst higher. Also, out of curiosity how does 7 have more stamina than 10? Is it because the lighter weight compared to 10 decreases pressure and friction?

I'm going to say yes to that, but I'm not completely sure.
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:17 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:01 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: Yes, human error will happen, but that's exactly what practice is for. With enough practice human error become a completely negligible factor, especially at the tournament level. Besides, if you really have to lean on your bey to compensate for a lack in launching skill (or vice-versa for that matter), you're putting your efforts in the wrong place to begin with by using a band-aid fix instead of tackling down the root of the issue. This is just so unlikely to happen by anyone with even a little skill that it's just pointless to design a part of your bey around it anyways.

Besides, you say even small aspects matter, so why doesn't does 7s slightly better Stamina and increased burst resistance matter? Isn't that just ignorance of what it brings to the table over a slight increase in control that doesn't matter with even the tiniest bit of skill?

I think optimally you'd use Geist Fafnir to start out on the offensive, so I don't know what weak launching would really do to help there. Also, if you're weak launching you're not going to be running into walls any time soon so weighing it down is kinda moot.

0 and 10 are functionally very similar, with the only difference being slightly more external weight distribution on 10 that gives it slightly better Stamina. Even with the improved Stamina of 10, 7 still spins for longer, especially with a good LAD-inducing frame.. Even with Ds' and its left-spinning nature making the burst resistance a moot point, the Stamina of 7 might still be useful, especially in a combination meant for both Attack and Stamina. Realistically, 7, 0, and 10 all have their advantages here, with 7 granting more Stamina and mobility, 0 giving more raw Attack power and central stability, and 10 being the safe middle ground with good amounts of everything. It really depends on what you think you'll face and what will help you take it down.

Destroy' is only obtainable from the Switch game right now, which either requires buying the whole game (unless someone is selling singles on EBay or something, but I haven't seen it yet if so) or waiting for the upcoming random booster that will also have it. It'll probably be a little while longer before it becomes common, but Destroy is pretty strong in its own right and should be fine until then, if weaker to left-spin opponents.
(Oct. 11, 2018  4:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  2:17 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: If you soft launch Geist Fafnir, does burst resistance matter anymore apart from when it gets slammed into the wall? Plus, the combo Ntruder19 has Destroy' which makes the chance to burst higher. Also, out of curiosity how does 7 have more stamina than 10? Is it because the lighter weight compared to 10 decreases pressure and friction?

I think optimally you'd use Geist Fafnir to start out on the offensive, so I don't know what weak launching would really do to help there. Also, if you're weak launching you're not going to be running into walls any time soon so weighing it down is kinda moot.

0 and 10 are functionally very similar, with the only difference being slightly more external weight distribution on 10 that gives it slightly better Stamina. Even with the improved Stamina of 10, 7 still spins for longer, especially with a good LAD-inducing frame.. Even with Ds' and its left-spinning nature making the burst resistance a moot point, the Stamina of 7 might still be useful, especially in a combination meant for both Attack and Stamina. Realistically, 7, 0, and 10 all have their advantages here, with 7 granting more Stamina and mobility, 0 giving more raw Attack power and central stability, and 10 being the safe middle ground with good amounts of everything. It really depends on what you think you'll face and what will help you take it down.

Destroy' is only obtainable from the Switch game right now, which either requires buying the whole game (unless someone is selling singles on EBay or something, but I haven't seen it yet if so) or waiting for the upcoming random booster that will also have it. It'll probably be a little while longer before it becomes common, but Destroy is pretty strong in its own right and should be fine until then, if weaker to left-spin opponents.

Hi,

sorry to tag in but i truly think that even though Fafnir layer is attack oriented its the soft launch that actually the more useful and even with the Absorb driver. I know we speak now about destroy but the  main argument is how to control the driver. Absorb and Destroy both can go out of control and i must give the credit to the launching skills instead of the weight etc... knowing how to launch the bey with the specific driver is essential.
The weight is neglectble. There are only few grams difference and the shape is more important for the disk.

So if you hard launch absorb or destroy with the wrong angle than it ends with wall bounce or ring out... that a fact. So correct angle and launch strength is crucial.
Also why change this awesome stock combo with destroy or a heavy disk. I just like the whole theme that revolves around impact absorption and negation.
Please stop talking here. This feed was over. The point was to leak info on Fafnir before it released, so not it’s over. Please talk this conversation to the gF testing thread instead.
(Oct. 11, 2018  1:46 PM)MGoldZeo Wrote: Please stop talking here. This feed was over. The point was to leak info on Fafnir before it released, so not it’s over. Please talk this conversation to the gF testing thread instead.

Product threads dont exist for the sole purpose of getting leaked info xD
It's fine as long as it's related to gF product
Is gF worth buying?
(Oct. 11, 2018  3:49 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote: Is gF worth buying?

Not really. gF can't beat hS in same-spin stamina, and isn't great for opposite-spin matchups either, the shape is too aggressive with too little power and burst resistance. 8’ is lighter than the original 8 and therefore has less OWD despite its farther-reaching shape, which makes it not only less effective than the Discs people actually use, but also less effective than the original 8. Absorb is better than Nothing (hah), but still it's not as good as Eternal or even Revolve. Really not much in here thats competitive, unfortunately.
(Oct. 11, 2018  4:28 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote:
Not really. gF can't beat hS in same-spin stamina, and isn't great for opposite-spin matchups either, the shape is too aggressive with too little power and burst resistance. 8’ is lighter than the original 8 and therefore has less OWD despite its farther-reaching shape, which makes it not only less effective than the Discs people actually use, but also less effective than the original 8. Absorb is better than Nothing (hah), but still it's not as good as Eternal or even Revolve. Really not much in here thats competitive, unfortunately.

Good to know I wasted 20 dollars. Thanks for letting me know.

I really wanted to know if it was worth, but I had not received mine from postage yet, so...sorry if the initial response sounded very aggressive. I noticed after I posted..

Do you know this for a fact? I don't feel like enough testing has been made...
(Oct. 11, 2018  5:43 PM)Valkyriology Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  4:28 PM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Not really. gF can't beat hS in same-spin stamina, and isn't great for opposite-spin matchups either, the shape is too aggressive with too little power and burst resistance. 8’ is lighter than the original 8 and therefore has less OWD despite its farther-reaching shape, which makes it not only less effective than the Discs people actually use, but also less effective than the original 8. Absorb is better than Nothing (hah), but still it's not as good as Eternal or even Revolve. Really not much in here thats competitive, unfortunately.

Do you know this for a fact? I don't feel like enough testing has been made...

Well GF maybe not the best for competitive play but it can beat HS in a spin game. Not  a 100% win but it can beat it even burst it.
Absorb is not as good as eternal ( but AH stock combo is uber ) but again the whole bey is themed around absorption... even the launcher set it self have a shock absorber ( weight damper)
About the 8'disk... the disk it self is not crappy .. its not the best but its well suited for stamina it has outer weight distribution even if it is lighter than 8. The weight distributed is important for stamina types.

I really like this bey. With correct launch and Technic its a fun one to experiment with.
 Trying not to get off topic but what Cho-Z should i buy wV than?
(Oct. 11, 2018  4:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: 0 and 10 are 
Destroy' is only obtainable from the Switch game right now,

It comes in rbv 12
(Oct. 11, 2018  7:49 PM)rioful85 Wrote: About the 8'disk... the disk it self is not crappy .. its not the best but its well suited for stamina it has outer weight distribution even if it is lighter than 8. The weight distributed is important for stamina types.

Although weight distribution matters a fair bit, the amount of weight matters too. Less weight means less mass to provide kinetic energy, and 8' suffers greatly from it. No matter how good the weight distribution, it can't make up for such a light weight.

(Oct. 11, 2018  7:55 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:  Trying not to get off topic but what Cho-Z should i buy wV than?

wV is good for the layer but nothing else
bL is good for the layer and arguably the Jl driver
aH is good for the layer and Et driver and is powerful even in stock
hS is good for the layer but nothing else
rP is good for the layer and 10 disk but has some mold variations that seem to affect the layer and might make it weaker or stronger than expected
The limited edition Shadow αmaterios is good for its painted 0 disk and unique X' driver, and is only about $30 on EBay so it's not too much more expensive than regular beys.
oE seems to be pretty strong even though it's only currently findable as an RLC prize and hasn't been completely tested yet, but it has a lot of promise
Oh yeah, and the triple booster of hK, zA, and Wolborg is good for 7, At, Ds, and Br. They killed it with the drivers in that set

(Oct. 11, 2018  9:16 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  4:10 AM)MagikHorse Wrote: 0 and 10 are 
Destroy' is only obtainable from the Switch game right now,

It comes in rbv 12

Yes, and that doesn't release until the 20th. That's why I specified "right now", as that's a future release.
(Oct. 11, 2018  9:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  7:49 PM)rioful85 Wrote: About the 8'disk... the disk it self is not crappy .. its not the best but its well suited for stamina it has outer weight distribution even if it is lighter than 8. The weight distributed is important for stamina types.

Although weight distribution matters a fair bit, the amount of weight matters too. Less weight means less mass to provide kinetic energy, and 8' suffers greatly from it. No matter how good the weight distribution, it can't make up for such a light weight.

(Oct. 11, 2018  7:55 PM)DrainBladerAMVS Wrote:  Trying not to get off topic but what Cho-Z should i buy wV than?

wV is good for the layer but nothing else
bL is good for the layer and arguably the Jl driver
aH is good for the layer and Et driver and is powerful even in stock
hS is good for the layer but nothing else
rP is good for the layer and 10 disk but has some mold variations that seem to affect the layer and might make it weaker or stronger than expected
The limited edition Shadow αmaterios is good for its painted 0 disk and unique X' driver, and is only about $30 on EBay so it's not too much more expensive than regular beys.
oE seems to be pretty strong even though it's only currently findable as an RLC prize and hasn't been completely tested yet, but it has a lot of promise
Oh yeah, and the triple booster of hK, zA, and Wolborg is good for 7, At, Ds, and Br. They killed it with the drivers in that set

(Oct. 11, 2018  9:16 PM)Ntruder19 Wrote: It comes in rbv 12

Yes, and that doesn't release until the 20th. That's why I specified "right now", as that's a future release.

8' disk has the weight on outer skirt so the weight was tried to be distributed on the outer sides. Usually the heavy disks are not too wide... check 0 or 4 or 7 ( 7 is big but not really wide.

Anyway i sitll dont think that GF in it self as a stock or as parts are that bad.
(Oct. 11, 2018  9:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:

Ωuter is lighter than 0, 7 and 10, but has better stamina even if you add a frame like Bump or Proof on those three. 8' is just about 1 gram lighter than 8, so its weight distribution can still save it. Someone claimed that 8' has almost the same stamina as, or even better than, disc 7 and disc 0. I don't know if that's true, but I think we shouldn't make a conclusion simply based on its weight. More test and comparison are needed.
(Oct. 12, 2018  5:29 AM)CrazyAries Wrote:
(Oct. 11, 2018  9:49 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Although weight distribution matters a fair bit, the amount of weight matters too. Less weight means less mass to provide kinetic energy, and 8' suffers greatly from it. No matter how good the weight distribution, it can't make up for such a light weight.

Ωuter is lighter than 0, 7 and 10, but has better stamina even if you add a frame like Bump or Proof on those three. 8' is just about 1 gram lighter than 8, so its weight distribution can still save it. Someone claimed that 8' has almost the same stamina as, or even better than, disc 7 and disc 0. I don't know if that's true, but I think we shouldn't make a conclusion simply based on its weight. More test and comparison are needed.

Completely agree with you. take 0 its actually fat but not as wide and the weight is mostly compressed to the center ... not on the outside. It gives more stability because the enter of the weight is in the middle how ever 8' spreads it when the bey spins the outside weight adds to the rotation. Those graphs on the boxes are not just simple graphics. 
GF  graph shows huge stamina because of a reason and not just because of the driver or the layer.