Post Requirements on the Organizer's Quiz

(Jun. 15, 2021  10:58 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The organizers quiz is currently down for repairs. The process is about to become different.

Are you guys removing the whole 50 posts thing? That would probably be for the best.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:00 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  10:58 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: The organizers quiz is currently down for repairs. The process is about to become different.

Are you guys removing the whole 50 posts thing? That would probably be for the best.

I think they should keep it but after that when they're grading the test maybe the staff looks over the posts they've made and if they're spam they automatically fail and if they look like they're not ready yet then they don't pass and maybe Staff can ban certain people from taking the quiz like if they spam or something
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:00 PM)USN Wrote:

They really shouldn't. It's there for a reason and it makes things very clear in determining who wants to host a tournament just to have one to attend, and who will actually read and follow the rules. 50 decent posts isn't a lot to ask.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:07 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:00 PM)USN Wrote: Are you guys removing the whole 50 posts thing? That would probably be for the best.

They really shouldn't. It's there for a reason and it makes things very clear in determining who wants to host a tournament just to have one to attend, and who will actually read and follow the rules. 50 decent posts isn't a lot to ask.

I agree with that, but it just leads to spam posting. Every new person I have seen that says they want to become and organizer, has spam posted to get there. It's a good idea, but unless the staff check to see if the posts are productive before reviewing the application, then it doesn't really help.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:11 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:07 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: They really shouldn't. It's there for a reason and it makes things very clear in determining who wants to host a tournament just to have one to attend, and who will actually read and follow the rules. 50 decent posts isn't a lot to ask.

I agree with that, but it just leads to spam posting. Every new person I have seen that says they want to become and organizer, has spam posted to get there. It's a good idea, but unless the staff check to see if the posts are productive before reviewing the application, then it doesn't really help.

I'm pretty sure if the spam post then they automatically get turned down
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:13 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:11 PM)USN Wrote: I agree with that, but it just leads to spam posting. Every new person I have seen that says they want to become and organizer, has spam posted to get there. It's a good idea, but unless the staff check to see if the posts are productive before reviewing the application, then it doesn't really help.

I'm pretty sure if the spam post then they automatically get turned down

If that is the case, then scratch everything I said here.
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:15 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:13 PM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote: I'm pretty sure if the spam post then they automatically get turned down

If that is the case, then scratch everything I said here.

But you do have a point the organizer's quiz leads to spam posts (Just like I did when I was new srry bout that) so maybe we should keep the 50 posts limit but devise a plan to stop people from spamming
good idea because I was spamming every thread I came across last week now im trying to keep it to 10 posts a thread other than my 25 form last week
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:53 PM)Super A Wrote: good idea because I was spamming every thread I came across last week now im trying to keep it to 10 posts a thread other than my 25 form last week

That's probably why your posts got taken down
eh, i'm back up there with 49 posts
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:56 PM)Super A Wrote: eh, i'm back up there with 49 posts

You've been registered for 5 days and have over 50 posts. If you tried to take the organizer's quiz now, it would be Very Obvious that you spammed up a bunch of threads to become an organizer. Lucky for you, it's not, and they might actually forget the overall content of those posts by the time it's back up.

The real question is would you be able to Pass the organizer's quiz? I remember a lot of the entries people made for the quiz. Had answers like "don't know" and expected to pass.

I would still recommend you hold off until applying until it looks less like you're intentionally spamming. Smile
I haven't spammed in a while and it resetted all of my spamming 5 days ago
(Jun. 16, 2021  12:41 AM)Super A Wrote: I haven't spammed in a while and it resetted all of my spamming 5 days ago

A while is not 5 days.

If your patience can’t last for months then perhaps don’t be an organizer.
it resetted my spam as in got rid of it

and i'm waiting for the next 5 years to become an organizer
Another point I’d like to bring up is this:
If you believe spamming is the correct way to achieve the minimum of 50 posts, are you really mature enough to become an organizer?
It really isn’t that hard to make fifty worth-reading posts. Participating in debates in the “Random Beyblade Anime and Manga Thoughts” thread, discussing new releases, or answering questions regarding Beyblades are just a few of the many ways to increase your post count responsibly.
Splitting this out of the thread it was in, as this was technically offtopic. But I'd still like to tackle some of the points listed here anyway.

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:07 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:00 PM)USN Wrote: Are you guys removing the whole 50 posts thing? That would probably be for the best.

This, pretty much. DC obviously has an understanding of our internal expectations from his time on Staff with us, but we do very much see our 50 post restriction as one of those things that we don't like having, but is effective at deterring people who aren't serious about being an Organizer. Or it creates a situation where people spam to reach a high post count, and we immediately discount them from the Organizer's Quiz because of that lack of maturity to either get there properly or to just ask us for an exception to the clause, which we do offer to people if we think they'd do well.

The issue is that it does create a situation where people do spam post (though I think many do it anyway, regardless of the existence of the Organizer's Quiz), so it's a difficult clause to want to keep sometimes. We honestly do hate it, but both the quantity and quality of applications we used to receive when we had no restriction was just...yeah...not great at times (though also superb at other times).

We don't think it's a lot to ask of people. But I think our internal expectations differ from how things are realistically, so we are rethinking how best we could approach this while still being fair to those that are new and showing promise.

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:11 PM)USN Wrote:
(Jun. 15, 2021  11:07 PM)DeceasedCrab Wrote: They really shouldn't. It's there for a reason and it makes things very clear in determining who wants to host a tournament just to have one to attend, and who will actually read and follow the rules. 50 decent posts isn't a lot to ask.

This echoes the above. Though I will say that we do check a user's posts to see whether they didn't take the restriction seriously and "spammed" to get around it. Some do slip through the cracks (which I have seen some recently do just that), but it is something we do look at at the same time.

Yet at the same time, it's also a bit difficult to judge too. Say you have User A who has 1000 posts, largely from spamming but has some actual input mixed into that. Their application also passes the test because they read the rulebook correctly too. What do you ultimately do?

Part of our Organizer's Quiz upgrade involves us moving away from strictly following the rulebook and Organizer's Guide, and also evaluating other areas too. Questions will be asked about yourself, what you do, how you would approach situations that aren't so conventional that they're written in a guide somewhere. And some of these questions won't be asked in your initial application anymore either, instead being asked in a latter step and on a different medium.

Ultimately, with these changes, we're judging your maturity, who you are and whether you meet our strict standards to run large-scale events and be the face of the WBO during those events, whereas before we honestly feel we haven't been strict enough at times.

(Yes, I'm intentionally being vague about this, as an announcement will go live eventually to detail our new approach and explain everything much better than I am right now.)

(Jun. 15, 2021  11:53 PM)Super A Wrote: good idea because I was spamming every thread I came across last week now im trying to keep it to 10 posts a thread other than my 25 form last week

In the nicest way, the fact that you're the user we've moderated the most this week tells us that actions speak much louder than words, haha. What you're saying there is a little better than what you've been doing, but even 10 posts per thread at the rate you've been doing them is...really not what we'd like to see, and would be a massive contributing factor to why we're having to moderate you so much.

You simply shouldn't be spamming at all. I can only suggest that you don't look at your post count (a big post count certainly does not make you a better user or make you immune to anything), and look more towards quality discussion within the forum. Engage in actual discussions (not quick burst conversations), find topics that everyone is interested in etc.

If you're looking for quick-fire discussions, I can only recommend looking at our Discord server instead, which exists largely for that exact purpose; having rapid back-and-forth informal discussions with other Bladers, where moderation and quality of posting is far less strict (with exception to profanity rules, that's still strict), and you're less likely to get moderated for everything you post.

A forum is ultimately a bulletin board and isn't suitable for the types of discussion that I think not only yourself, but many users on the site want to use it for. It's suited for slower, high-quality discussions, rather than fast-paced conversations about the tinyest of details, or about simply about nothing at all as some users use this for.

TL;DR: Discord exists, and we recommend you use it if you want to have a conversation rather than a high-quality discussion.
I do not believe spamming is the correct way but im waiting till im fifteen when I can handle all that responsibility
And when you're 15, we'll look back at when you were 14 and question the decisions that were taken to get to where you are. It's a vicious circle, and nothing says that your age going up by one year means that you'll be more mature either.

Personally, I'd just recommend not using "waiting until I'm 15" as an excuse, when you could set the example you want to set now instead. Pretty much my recommendation to anyone who thinks that way, and I'm very sure that most people could do that now too Smile
I honestly think that a combination of the 50 posts (maybe increase it a bit?), a certain age limit, knowledge of beyblade rules, and maturity would benefit for the organizers quiz upgrade. But that's my honest opinion on the matter.
That's pretty much what we already have right now though unfortunately. 50 posts, applicants need to be at least 13 years of age (though accompanied by a responsible adult when hosting until they're 18), have to pass the Quiz and our informal maturity test by looking at your profile. This sadly doesn't work, and I'm not sure increasing the post count would do much outside of incite further spam, haha.

Some of this will change with our updates (the minimum age for example I believe is set to increase?). But we'll see how it is after these updates take place and can make more adjustments accordingly.
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:17 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: That's pretty much what we already have right now though unfortunately. 50 posts, applicants need to be at least 13 years of age (though accompanied by a responsible adult when hosting until they're 18), have to pass the Quiz and our informal maturity test by looking at your profile. This sadly doesn't work, and I'm not sure increasing the post count would do much outside of incite further spam, haha.

Some of this will change with our updates (the minimum age for example I believe is set to increase?). But we'll see how it is after these updates take place and can make more adjustments accordingly.

How many answers do you need to get right to pass?
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:19 AM)Strikegamerv6 Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2021  1:17 AM)~Mana~ Wrote: That's pretty much what we already have right now though unfortunately. 50 posts, applicants need to be at least 13 years of age (though accompanied by a responsible adult when hosting until they're 18), have to pass the Quiz and our informal maturity test by looking at your profile. This sadly doesn't work, and I'm not sure increasing the post count would do much outside of incite further spam, haha.

How many answers do you need to get right to pass?

You fix your answers until you are right for everything.
Which is admittedly far more generous than we should be, and won't be the case going forward, haha.
Although a bit unrelated, will current organizers be asked to retake the quiz to make sure they’re still qualified for it?
May i suggest wbo should add a post limit per day.