Possible Defects with Young Toys (Korean) B-88 Beylauncher LR

(Aug. 25, 2018  7:38 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Sorry for sneaking inside this discussion, but do you know when they started to talk about l/r launchers issues (i don't mean to say month/day/year)?

Lots of videos came out when the blue one came out stating issues.
(Aug. 25, 2018  7:45 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2018  7:38 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: Sorry for sneaking inside this discussion, but do you know when they started to talk about l/r launchers issues (i don't mean to say month/day/year)?

Lots of videos came out when the blue one came out stating issues.

Ok, i see. But, what about gold b-00 and b-88?
(Aug. 25, 2018  7:47 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2018  7:45 PM)Shindog Wrote: Lots of videos came out when the blue one came out stating issues.

Ok, i see. But, what about gold b-00 and b-88?
Not as much video with gold b-00 or b-88.  There is at least one video out of a Taiwanese Beytuber comparing old B-88 and the new.  

I broke one gold one in 2 weeks.  Repaired another one too.  The plastic part under the prongs just don’t fit well.
i have three blues and 1 gold, they are exactly the same as my 6 original red b-88s, at least how i remember them being.

also, i’m sorry but that tweet doesn’t say or prove anything definitive

i’m not saying the issues reported in this thread are illegitimate
but cmon guys, this is a $10 children’s toy
don’t expect nasa clean-room reliability

you might just have a defective individual copy...

that’s doesnt mean there is some massive population of “bad” launchers, lol
The original b-88 sould have narrower prongs than the LR beylauncher s now. This video posted below describes what I personally have experienced. Not all new LR beylaunchers are bad and you can fix the problem. It is a children’s toy for $~10 (in yen), but I am not sure that excuses the poor manufacturing. Especially this a problem the consumer can address themselves essentially. Is that not a little lazy on the part of TT? Ok, if more money solves the problem then let’s get a premium launcher released.

Found the video https://youtu.be/_QS6SzpPBdQ
(Aug. 25, 2018  9:13 PM)Shindog Wrote: The original b-88 sould have narrower prongs than the LR beylauncher s now.  This video posted below describes what I personally have experienced.  Not all new LR beylaunchers are bad and you can fix the problem.  It is a children’s toy for $~10 (in yen), but I am not sure that excuses the poor manufacturing.  Especially this a problem the consumer can address themselves essentially.  Is that not a little lazy on the part of TT?  Ok, if more money solves the problem then let’s get a premium launcher released.

All i understood from the video: original b-88 has the 8-shaped gear basically stuck in position, while hasbros and b-119 have a LOOOOOSE one...
And prongs differences, but unfortunately i can't understand anything of what the guy said. Somebody did?
(Aug. 25, 2018  9:13 PM)Shindog Wrote: The original b-88 sould have narrower prongs than the LR beylauncher s now.  This video posted below describes what I personally have experienced.  Not all new LR beylaunchers are bad and you can fix the problem.  It is a children’s toy for $~10 (in yen), but I am not sure that excuses the poor manufacturing.  Especially this a problem the consumer can address themselves essentially.  Is that not a little lazy on the part of TT?  Ok, if more money solves the problem then let’s get a premium launcher released.

It would help if you clarified where in the video to look, as it's in a language most of us don't understand. And is the fix you mean in that same video, and is it tournament legal?
The whole video has pretty good info on LR Beylaunchers.  It is in Mandarin but it’s the best video I have found on it.  There are plenty of Japanese ones but I don’t speak Japanese and I do speak Mandarin.  At about the 3 Min mark is when he test launches to demo the skipping.  You kind of have to listen for it.  It doesn’t help that he is pretty loud.  Forget about the Hasbro stuff as we are not discussing that right now.  I will do my best to answer questions.  Also for the fix I recommend Mack the burst‘s video.  

1) the 8 shaped thing needs to engage well or else the launcher skips.
2) the new launchers tend to have loose 8 shaped thing.  So as launcher’s plastic wear down you start to skip quickly as it was already loose.  
3) the fix is simply to squeez the 8 shape thing a little to engage better.  Mack the burst video explains much better.  TFS has a video on this too but MacK the burst’s is in English.   I believe this is tournament legal, since you are not adding or taking out anything.  I am not 100% sure.  It will not give the launcher additional power than intended.  Unless TT’s intention was for launchers to skip occasionally to reduce launch power.

Mack the burst video on how to fix the launcher

https://youtu.be/z6bVxyGD10g
(Aug. 25, 2018  9:31 PM)bblader/90 Wrote:

All i understood from the video: original b-88 has the 8-shaped gear basically stuck in position, while hasbros and b-119 have a LOOOOOSE one...
And prongs differences, but unfortunately i can't understand anything of what the guy said. Somebody did?
Thanks for the vid Shindog. Its a good thing thing I'm bilingual

The video basically explained how the OG b 88 was better? Then the 119 and 2nd edition 88
(Aug. 25, 2018  10:04 PM)Shindog Wrote: The whole video has pretty good info on LR Beylaunchers.  It is in Mandarin but it’s the best video I have found on it.  There are plenty of Japanese ones but I don’t speak Japanese and I do speak Mandarin.  At about the 3 Min mark is when he test launches to demo the skipping.  You kind of have to listen for it.  It doesn’t help that he is pretty loud.  Forget about the Hasbro stuff as we are not discussing that right now.  I will do my best to answer questions.  Also for the fix I recommend Mack the burst‘s video.  

1) the 8 shaped thing needs to engage well or else the launcher skips.
2) the new launchers tend to have loose 8 shaped thing.  So as launcher’s plastic wear down you start to skip quickly as it was already loose.  
3) the fix is simply to squeez the 8 shape thing a little to engage better.  Mack the burst video explains much better.  TFS has a video on this too but MacK the burst’s is in English.   I believe this is tournament legal, since you are not adding or taking out anything.  I am not 100% sure.  It will not give the launcher additional power than intended.  Unless TT’s intention was for launchers to skip occasionally to reduce launch power.

Mack the burst video on how to fix the launcher

https://youtu.be/z6bVxyGD10g

It's fine that the video is in another language, it's just it's kind of annoying to sit through a 10-minute video waiting for something relevant to pop up when there's a lot of talking and build-up and whatnot. Always nice to point out specific time points to look at with any video of a decent length, for any language really, to save people time.

I really appreciate that you've taken the time to sum things up and do a break-down. Thanks!

Squeezing the piece and using heat to make it hold would be illegal. So it seems your only legal option would be to swap in a better 8 piece from another Beylauncher LR.

(Aug. 25, 2018  8:03 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i have three blues and 1 gold, they are exactly the same as my 6 original red b-88s, at least how i remember them being.

also, i’m sorry but that tweet doesn’t say or prove anything definitive

i’m not saying the issues reported in this thread are illegitimate
but cmon guys, this is a $10 children’s toy
don’t expect nasa clean-room reliability

you might just have a defective individual copy...

that’s doesnt mean there is some massive population of “bad” launchers, lol

I think I'd still to know what marutti has to say, if there is something more clearly stated in Japan that no one's dug up yet, since they didn't reference the tweet but said similar.

Like you said, these things aren't made under some super-duper perfection and quality control, just what's deemed within reason, so issues happen. The fact that not everyone is reporting finding the same says as much, though it is hard to gauge how widespread a particular issue may be from what people report. But it is harsh at this point to throw everything under the category of faulty without harder evidence to back it up, whether we're talking the blue B-119 or launchers coming from particular countries.
(Aug. 25, 2018  10:21 PM)Infinite.Zero Wrote:
(Aug. 25, 2018  9:31 PM)bblader/90 Wrote: All i understood from the video: original b-88 has the 8-shaped gear basically stuck in position, while hasbros and b-119 have a LOOOOOSE one...
Thanks for the vid Shindog. Its a good thing thing I'm bilingual

The video basically explained how the OG b 88 was better? Then the 119 and 2nd edition 88

You sure? At the very beginning of the video, he shows 3 bnib l/r launchers: TT's B-88 and B-119 plus a Hasbro dual threat.
(Aug. 25, 2018  10:45 PM)Frostic Fox Wrote: Squeezing the piece and using heat to make it hold would be illegal. So it seems your only legal option would be to swap in

Unfortunately, swaping is not going help much.  The wear is on the other side.  I have tried this.  I collect launchers and grips and etcs.  It’s just my thing.  I have had a pretty large sample size for one person I think.  I have thrown away quite a few Blue, red, gold beylaunchers.  

The mandarin video showed him testing a brand new B-88 that skiped pretty frequently.  After re-reading the rules I agree with the repair being illegal for tournaments.  This is why I have a quite a back up launcher stash (see photos).  I don’t actually do the repair anymore myself since I have broken the 8 thing when squeezing it.   And it takes time.  I don’t want people to get the impression that I have been using illegal super launchers.  

Skipping during the tournament would be cause for a relaunch right?  It would be mechanical failure out of your control.  If someone brings a brand new LR beylauncher and it skips even 1/4  of the time....  How much of a logistic issue is that for a large tournament?  It sucks for the consumer.  

I like launchers as you can see in the attached photos.  It is too bad the LR Beylauncher and the LR light launcher purple are just made so poorly right now.  It is sad how many I have to throw away after little use.  You can continue to use skipping launchers because it won’t skip every time.  But it just feels awful.  Comparing this to reliability of metal fight string launchers...  it’s just sad.  Zankye has posted somewhere here at WBO about his lot of Blue LR beylaunchers.  Super Beyblade family has complained about having to get a new LR every 3-4 weeks.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/LFCfhWt

https://imgur.com/gallery/RIfgN4I
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:00 AM)Shindog Wrote: Unfortunately, swaping is not going help much.  The wear is on the other side.  I have tried this.  I collect launchers and grips and etcs.  It’s just my thing.  I have had a pretty large sample size for one person I think.  I have thrown away quite a few Blue, red, gold beylaunchers.

You can swap any pieces for launchers of the same type, but it doesn't help if you don't have a decent one with things OK to begin with. 

(Aug. 26, 2018  12:00 AM)Shindog Wrote: Skipping during the tournament would be cause for a relaunch right?  It would be mechanical failure out of your control.  If someone brings a brand new LR beylauncher and it skips even 1/4  of the time....  How much of a logistic issue is that for a large tournament?  It sucks for the consumer.

I think it'd count as a malfunction.

(Aug. 26, 2018  12:00 AM)Shindog Wrote: I like launchers as you can see in the attached photos.  It is too bad the LR Beylauncher and the LR light launcher purple are just made so poorly right now.  It is sad how many I have to throw away after little use.  You can continue to use skipping launchers because it won’t skip every time.  But it just feels awful.  Comparing this to reliability of metal fight string launchers...  it’s just sad.  Zankye has posted somewhere here at WBO about his lot of Blue LR beylaunchers.  Super Beyblade family has complained about having to get a new LR every 3-4 weeks.  

https://imgur.com/gallery/LFCfhWt

https://imgur.com/gallery/RIfgN4I

Definitely a lot of launchers there!

To clarify, is this something also found with the "regular" TT B-88 launchers, as far as what you're seeing? Because the claim behind this thread is that it's limited to only those rebranded for South Korea.

I know I've seen more issue claims regarding the blue B-119 launcher than anything else, but it seems like some people are finding them to be fine at least, so it may not be a universal issue (though how big it might be is another story).
It has 2 big problem in Japan about Launcher.
TT released very low quality B-112, B-88, B-00 Gold Ver. and B-119.
And other problem is Cho Z beys are too heavy to keep good Launcher condition and durability become very low.
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:21 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: To clarify, is this something also found with the "regular" TT B-88 launchers, as far as what you're seeing? Because the claim behind this thread is that it's limited to only those rebranded for South Korea.

I know I've seen more issue claims regarding the blue B-119 launcher than anything else, but it seems like some people are finding them to be fine at least, so it may not be a universal issue (though how big it might be is another story).

In my experience it definitely affects regular TT Japanese B-88. The Korean is probably affected as well but I cannot say for sure. I have only had 2 of those.

You are absolutely right that it is probably not every launcher sold. But I’d think it is a mold issue. So it must affect quite a few. Also what is telling is how much of the price of the blue ones have come down in Japan auction sites. Also the gold one to a certain extent. You can find gold ones for about $14-17 now on ZenMarket and blue one for as low as $6 if you buy in bulk.

(Aug. 26, 2018  12:30 AM)marutti Wrote: It has 2 big problem in Japan about Launcher.
And other problem is Cho Z beys are too heavy to keep good Launcher condition and durability become very low.

I agree 100%.  Weight is not enough of an excuse. Zero-G synchrome was pretty heavy.
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:00 AM)Shindog Wrote: Skipping during the tournament would be cause for a relaunch right?  It would be mechanical failure out of your control.  If someone brings a brand new LR beylauncher and it skips even 1/4  of the time....  How much of a logistic issue is that for a large tournament?  It sucks for the consumer.  

utterly ridiculous idea.   absolutely NOT grounds for relaunch.
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:41 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:

utterly ridiculous idea.   absolutely NOT grounds for relaunch.
I understand your frustration but if you read the section of the rules on grounds for relaunching

“Your Launcher malfunctions in a way that causes your launch to be underpowered”. 

It’s under Relaunching.  I could be misinterpreting this.  But what is malfunction?
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:57 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:41 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: utterly ridiculous idea.   absolutely NOT grounds for relaunch.
I understand your frustration but if you read the section of the rules on grounds for relaunching

“Your Launcher malfunctions in a way that causes your launch to be underpowered”. 

It’s under Relaunching.  I could be misinterpreting this.  But what is malfunction?

when a loose frame falls off during a match, do we relaunch?
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:02 AM)IRedPanda2 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:57 AM)Shindog Wrote: I understand your frustration but if you read the section of the rules on grounds for relaunching

when a loose frame falls off during a match, do we relaunch?

It’s in the rules.  Loose frame is a burst.  All I am doing is reading the rule book.
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:14 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:02 AM)IRedPanda2 Wrote: when a loose frame falls off during a match, do we relaunch?

It’s in the rules.  Loose frame is a burst.  All I am doing is reading the rule book.

i think you are interpreting the rules
which is certainly your right

but the underlying premise of your interpretation is that under no circumstances is a skipping launcher acceptable 

i’m sorry, but these are children's toys
perhaps TT intends these launchers to skip at a certain threshold?
a certain threshold, that adult men with custom cho-z combos can easily breach

i cannot say definitively this was intended 
just as you cannot say definitively a launcher skipping at extreme conditions is defective
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:28 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:14 AM)Shindog Wrote: It’s in the rules.  Loose frame is a burst.  All I am doing is reading the rule book.

i think you are interpreting the rules
which is certainly your right

but the underlying premise of your interpretation is that under no circumstances is a skipping launcher acceptable 

i’m sorry, but these are child’s toys
perhaps TT intends these launchers to skip at a certain threshold?
a threshold, that adult men with custom cho-z combos can easily breach

i cannot say definitively this was intended 
just as you cannot say definitively a launcher skipping at extreme conditions is defective

What constitutes a launcher malfunction and what doesn’t?  I don’t feel qualified to interpret the rules.  I’d like someone with more knowledge about the rules to just tell me.  Also, a relaunch needs to be requested by the player and for the judge to decide.  The player is not forced to relaunch.  Again, I am just stating the rules and nothing more. 

We have two bladers in the family.  The main one is 6 yo and brand new ones skips on him too.   

These are the rules regarding frame and launcher malfunction.  
https://imgur.com/a/QwbWJNX
https://imgur.com/a/f5ZAUxq
I went and got some extra input. Yes, by the current rules, skipping is grounds for a relaunch, as well as possibly being the most commonly occurring justification at that.

I think anyone with concerns about this not being a good call, that it can somehow be exploited, etc., should share the issues they see over in Discuss worldbeyblade.org, perhaps in the rules discussion thread here. Good input is valuable for good rules.

And then, let's bring this thread back to the topic of the launchers themselves.

(Aug. 26, 2018  12:37 AM)Shindog Wrote: In my experience it definitely affects regular TT Japanese B-88.  The Korean is probably affected as well but I cannot say for sure.  I have only had 2 of those.  

You are absolutely right that it is probably not every launcher sold.  But I’d think it is a mold issue.  So it must affect quite a few.  Also what is telling is how much of the price of the blue ones have come down in Japan auction sites.  Also the gold one to a certain extent.  You can find gold ones for about $14-17 now on ZenMarket and blue one for as low as $6 if you buy in bulk.

Alright, thanks for sharing what you've seen.
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:58 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I went and got some extra input. Yes, by the current rules, skipping is grounds for a relaunch, as well as possibly being the most commonly occurring justification at that.

I think anyone with concerns about this not being a good call, that it can somehow be exploited, etc., should share the issues they see over in Discuss worldbeyblade.org, perhaps in the rules discussion thread here. Good input is valuable for good rules.

no, please think critically fox!

obviously a skipping broken launcher is grounds for relaunch

the point of this discussion is whether or not every single new LR string launcher is broken because it can be made to skip under certain conditions
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:37 AM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  12:21 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: To clarify, is this something also found with the "regular" TT B-88 launchers, as far as what you're seeing? Because the claim behind this thread is that it's limited to only those rebranded for South Korea.

In my experience it definitely affects regular TT Japanese B-88.  The Korean is probably affected as well but I cannot say for sure.  I have only had 2 of those.  

You are absolutely right that it is probably not every launcher sold.  But I’d think it is a mold issue.  So it must affect quite a few.  Also what is telling is how much of the price of the blue ones have come down in Japan auction sites.  Also the gold one to a certain extent.  You can find gold ones for about $14-17 now on ZenMarket and blue one for as low as $6 if you buy in bulk.

(Aug. 26, 2018  12:30 AM)marutti Wrote: It has 2 big problem in Japan about Launcher.

I agree 100%.  Weight is not enough of an excuse. Zero-G synchrome was pretty heavy.

Synchromes are the heaviest beys to date. They could easily pass 65-70 grams (two metal wheels paired, metal stone face bolts, spinning track and performance tip while monster synchromes could reach 75-80 grams!), cho-zs are quite far from reaching 60 grams! Despite of this, haven't heard somebody complaining about Mfb launchers yet...
(Aug. 26, 2018  3:07 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  1:58 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote: I went and got some extra input. Yes, by the current rules, skipping is grounds for a relaunch, as well as possibly being the most commonly occurring justification at that.

no, please think critically fox!

obviously a skipping broken launcher is grounds for relaunch

the point of this discussion is whether or not every single new LR string launcher is broken because it can be made to skip under certain conditions

may i ask where did you get the extra input?

could you please also ask if every single new LR string launcher is now considered defective because it can be made to skip under certain conditions?

and as a follow up, would this be considered grounds for unlimited relaunches?

And then, let's bring this thread back to the topic of the launchers themselves.

the rules say:
If your launch is obstructed or noticeably underpowered due to an event beyond your control, you can request a relaunch,

the current LR string launchers have a clutch mechanism that specifically skip when the string is pulled too hard. this strongly appears to be the intended purpose of the part.

unless you are implying that every single new LR string launcher is malfunctioning, while operating as designed, skipping under these conditions is an example of user error, as it is an event under the users control.

to be clear fox,
are you implying every single new LR string launcher is malfunctioning because it can be made to skip under certain conditions?