Possible Defects with Young Toys (Korean) B-88 Beylauncher LR

Some of earlier posts in the thread  suggest the users felt their Korean launchers started skip quickly after use.  I am assuming these Korean Launchers were compared to their Japanese counterpart.  KEVO at the very least has launched beyblades several times with his Japanese B-88 vs the Korean B-88, and with other launchers as well  There are videos of him launching beyblades successfully on Youtube, right now.  My question to these users is that do they feel their launchers are performing as intended?  I am assuming many have experience with different launchers.   I am relatively new to Beyblade.  So as much as I like to think I know how to launch a Beyblade  I may very well be ignorant.

My son is 6 yo and 42 lbs and launches beyblades.  My daughter is 4 yo and 30lbs  she will mess around and launch beyblades occasionally.  They all use a version of the more recently released LR Beylauncher due to the shorter string (easier for their shorter arm length).  We are all experiencing early and more frequent skipping with LR Beylauncher relased more recently, Japanese or Korean.  My daughter is probably too young to be consider a targeted user by TT/Young Toys.  I do believe my son is an intended target audience as most Japanese tournaments are limited to elementary school age kids.  If the Beylaunchers skips for my kids and me, then are they truly only intended to work for the 8-13 group?  Or is the skipping truely just as intended by TT/Young Toy?   Is there a statement made by TT/Young Toy, on the package even, that states the skipping is due to an extreme pull?  I do not speak Japanese or Korean.
i also have 4 and 6yo kids, we probably have a lot in common, shindog.  it’s all good man. i just don’t think the launchers are defective. but its just my opinion and i am often wrong :)
(Aug. 27, 2018  10:18 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i also have 4 and 6yo kids, we probably have a lot in common, shindog.  it’s all good man. i just don’t think the launchers are defective. but its just my opinion and i am often wrong :)
Now this has very little to do with the topic at hand.  And this probably doesn’t belong in this thread.  But I just feel like I have to explain why this launcher thing troubles me so.

I was helping to judge some matches at the last tournament.  I ended up judging my six yo’s match.  I really didn’t want to do that...  Because he really wants to win but he just can’t beat some of the older bigger kids or adults. I have explained his to him but you can’t fault a six yo old wanting to win right?  His last match was against a much stronger 12 or 13 yo boy.  His combo was LC hS.0B.At and his opponent was running eF.??.At.  It came down to one last point for him to make top 8.  My son’s one day old Gold LR beylauncher skips again (for like the Nth time) and he is crushed.  He did not ask for a relaunch so I did not give him one.  

Nothing wrong happened here.  He lost and he should of lost.  I just need to know that I did my best to give him the proper equipment.  I don’t care if the launcher skips on me.  Actually I often use light launchers or regular beylaunchers when it matters to me.  I check his hockey and fencing equipment to make sure they work well too.  This is no different to me.  I just want give him the best chance to do well.  I am not sure everyone here can relate but may be you can 
RedPanda2.  

Way too off topic and I promise no more of this.
(Aug. 27, 2018  11:22 PM)Shindog Wrote:
(Aug. 27, 2018  10:18 PM)RedPanda2 Wrote: i also have 4 and 6yo kids, we probably have a lot in common, shindog.  it’s all good man. i just don’t think the launchers are defective. but its just my opinion and i am often wrong Smile
Now this has very little to do with the topic at hand.  And this probably doesn’t belong in this thread.  But I just feel like I have to explain why this launcher thing troubles me so.

I was helping to judge some matches at the last tournament.  I ended up judging my six yo’s match.  I really didn’t want to do that...  Because he really wants to win but he just can’t beat some of the older bigger kids or adults. I have explained his to him but you can’t fault a six yo old wanting to win right?  His last match was against a much stronger 12 or 13 yo boy.  His combo was LC hS.0B.At and his opponent was running eF.??.At.  It came down to one last point for him to make top 8.  My son’s one day old Gold LR beylauncher skips again (for like the Nth time) and he is crushed.  He did not ask for a relaunch so I did not give him one.  

Nothing wrong happened here.  He lost and he should of lost.  I just need to know that I did my best to give him the proper equipment.  I don’t care if the launcher skips on me.  Actually I often use light launchers or regular beylaunchers when it matters to me.  I check his hockey and fencing equipment to make sure they work well too.  This is no different to me.  I just want give him the best chance to do well.  I am not sure everyone here can relate but may be you can 
RedPanda2.  

Way too off topic and I promise no more of this.

if it makes you feel any better 
harder launching is not how a hS.At combo beats a eF.At combo

in left spin defense, you want to be softer than an eF opponent, who's shape is otherwise effectively spin stealing from you (alter chronos will as well), and win by LAD

the eF opponent probably won through a better atomic, or something like that.
You are right about the strategy and parts.

I don’t feel bad about the loss, it’s a game played with toys. He lost fair n square. I gave him my prize anyway. My question is the quality of the equipment, how it wore down so quickly. Also, We are talking about a significantly under powered launch here, this wasn’t close like the previous 4 points to get to this match deciding point.

To be back on topic:

I am not suggesting at all that all new LR beylaunchers are defective. It is just my opinion there is a drop in the quality of the newer LR Beylaunchers since the initial release of B-88, this includes the Korean B-88. It is simply an opinion. I could be dead wrong. These launchers could be better than ever. There has been changes made since the original B-88, perhaps to improve it. But I believe they are breaking down faster and sometimes broken out the box. I don’t think I am the only one.

Launching slowly and slightly upward at first and than fast (building up some momentum) mitigates a lot of the skipping issues and preserves the launcher for me. The LR beylaunchers are best suited for me for light to mid strength launches anyway.
(Aug. 26, 2018  3:07 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: no, please think critically fox!

obviously a skipping broken launcher is grounds for relaunch

the point of this discussion is whether or not every single new LR string launcher is broken because it can be made to skip under certain conditions

Fair point. I'll see if I can drag someone in here directly to help clarify the situation and people's concerns about using these launchers with regards to tournaments and the relaunch rule.
(Aug. 28, 2018  5:11 AM)Frostic Fox Wrote:
(Aug. 26, 2018  3:07 AM)RedPanda2 Wrote: no, please think critically fox!

obviously a skipping broken launcher is grounds for relaunch

the point of this discussion is whether or not every single new LR string launcher is broken because it can be made to skip under certain conditions

Fair point. I'll see if I can drag someone in here directly to help clarify the situation and people's concerns about using these launchers with regards to tournaments and the relaunch rule.
That would be much appreciated!  My current understanding of the relaunch rule.

1) something happens (mechanical failure, gets bumped, struck by lightning...) to significantly affect the power of the launch
2) player request relaunch immediately.  Judge makes a decision as to whether or not to grant the relaunch.
3) hopefully relaunch is fine and game goes on

However...let’s say mechanical failure occurs again....  
And the remaining is based on what I have seen and not what I know to be the actual rule.

-mechanical failure continued to occur x number of times.  Doesn’t appear to be intentional.  The judge asked the  player to replace launcher with equivalent launcher.  Hopefully game continues.  

This has happened at our tournaments with all kinds of launchers, not just LR Beylaunchers.  It would be great to know if this is the proper way to handle the situation.  It seems pretty fair to me, but it is time consuming.
If a launcher skips under any circumstances, a player may request a relaunch (whether it's as a result of an old launcher or a brand new one that is supposedly defective doesn't matter). If there is a "maximum" power level a launcher can reach normally, expecting to be able to reach that is reasonable. So, we allow for unlimited relaunches currently in order to allow players the opportunity to do that if there was an event beyond their control that causes their launch to be underpowered, like skipping and not reaching that potential maximum power level.

If we were harsher and didn't allow for that, I think the competitiveness of our battles would be lowered because then a player can win not because they are stronger, or have a better combo, or launch technique than their opponent, but because their opponent's launcher was skipping ... there's enough variance in the Beyblades themselves that I think adding the launcher into the mix wouldn't be fun.

However, the judge has to decide whether or not to grant it based on what they saw or heard. There is room for interpretation on the side of the judge because sometimes it can be hard to tell whether or not a user did something purposely (and they are just trying to call relaunch to cover up a poorly aimed launch or if their hand slipped or something) or if it was something they did not intend (like the launcher legitimately skipping on them). Things like the match-up can even be a factor in the decision-making process judges should follow.

For example, if you have an aH Et mirror match, it's pretty clear that both users are going to want as much power as possible, so relaunch requests are likely legitimate. But, if you have an opposite spin match-up of some sort, the situation changes a bit. For example, if you have hS At vs. wV Jl, the power the hS user puts on their launch could vary wildly depending on their strategy, so judges in those types of situations may have to be more critical when deciding whether to grant a relaunch.

And obviously, if the issue repeatedly occurs, the judges may ask the user to switch their launcher. If they don't, technically they may continue asking for relaunches indefinitely, but the judge does have the authority to stop granting the request if there is ever a case where the skipping did not seem obvious.

We did have a limit of two relaunches per match for many years previously, but made it unlimited when Burst was first released due to how terrible the initial launchers were ... I never minded the limit of two before personally during MFB, but having had it at unlimited for some time now, I think the benefits of allowing them to be unlimited outweigh the drawbacks.
They start to replace and today I recieved new Blue LR Bey Launcher
(Sep. 07, 2018  1:38 PM)marutti Wrote: They start to replace and today I recieved new Blue LR Bey Launcher
Lovely,bringer of good news,is this confirmed