Polish Testing & Discussion

I've decided to test out and discuss about the Disk Polish, after receiving minimal thoughts on it, such as one that @[Kei] stated:

Quote:Polish might be OK, but I worry that it being so wide actually causes it to lose balance more quickly. It's able to rotate after having fallen over, but I don't think it being plastic helps since it has more friction than metal would with the stadium floor and because it is so wide, it starts touching the floor sooner. It would have been cool if the plastic of Polish was POM like Yielding so that it could maybe rotate for longer after falling over with the lowered amount of friction. Right now I'm curious to know if using Polish grants the user any defensive upside and if that is the case, if something like DPR would still beat D2SD and WHR with some consistency.

However, this doesn't stop us from testing Polish to its full extent. As it may have some defensive qualities, I've also decided to test Polish with the combos he listed above.

Quote:* Please note that I do not have D2 at the moment. D will be replaced instead.
* Will be using Gyro as an alternative for Revolve, in WHG. (I do not have a extra Revolve)

Equipment:
- Beyblade Burst Standard BeyStadium
- Beyblade Speed string launcher + Karabiner Grip + Beylogger
- Deathscyther Polish Revolve
- Deathscyther Spread Defense
- Wyvern Heavy Gryo

* winner of previous round launched first.
* 20 rounds done

DPR VS DSD:

DPR: 10 (9 OS, 1 Burst)
DSD: 10 (8 OS, 1 Burst, 1 KO)

DPR VS WHG:

DPR: 13 (4 OS, 1 Burst, 1 KO)
WHG: 7 (10 OS, 3 Burst)

Final Thoughts:

I found DPR to be moderately to somewhat good. It tilted quite a lot but it continued spinning after a while, as in LAD. The Bursts surprised me a lot, as I wasn't expecting them. A lot of out-spins as well. Polish does seem to have some potential in defensive qualities. As for Stamina,  it spun pretty well and had a strong ground. After a while, it lost stamina quite fast. I would definitely do much more testing with other combos. ATM, I wouldn't exactly recommend DPR for competitive use. I'm considering changing up combos with Polish so let me know if you have any requests!

As @[FIREFIRE CPB] requested:

Quote:Equipment:

- Deathscyther Polish Defense
- Deathscyther Heavy Defense

* 20 rounds done

DPD VS DHD:

DPD: 9 (11 OS)
DHD: 11 (4 OS, 5 Burst)

Final Thoughts:

DPD did OK but I would say that Defense on it is far worse than Revolve. However, it did seem resistant to Bursting. I noticed that when launching at full speed, it seemed much more likely to Burst DHD (which is why DHD had 5 Bursts). The only downside I could find was DPD lacking endurance. Generally, I wouldn't recommend Defense on it at all.

Up next is @[Mitsu]. I used VHX against DPR, as DPR performs better.

Quote:Equipment:

- Deathscyther Polish Revolve
- Valkyrie Heavy Xtreme

* 20 rounds done

DPR VS VHX:

DPR: 11 (2 KO, 7 Burst)
VHX: 9 (8 OS,  2 KO,  1 Burst)

Final Thoughts:

DPR did well against VHX. Lots of Bursts and I believe 2 DBs but I excluded them and did rematches for them. DPR outlasted VHX in terms of stamina, obviously (due to VHX having 8 OS) but VHX pretty much did well in Bursting DPR. It's a especially risky combo but I would change up DPR and see what it can do to VHX.

Leave your thoughts below. I'll be posting more testing threads.
Finally a test for Polish!!! Thanks Brisky!!! You are truely (insert most BEYMAZING beyawesome cracking word here)!!!

If possible can you test DHD vs DPD?

Thanks in beydvance
(Dec. 18, 2016  12:55 AM)FIREFIRE CPB Wrote: Finally a test for Polish!!! Thanks Brisky!!! You are truely (insert most BEYMAZING beyawesome cracking word here)!!!

If possible can you test DHD vs DPD?

Thanks in beydvance
Haha no problem! Joyful_3

And of course! Will do soon.

No problem. Smile
Cool tests! It would definitely be worth it to look more into Polish's burst resistance against Attack combos and compare it to other Disks' (Spread, Armed, Down), especially if it does seem to have this OK Defense.
(Dec. 18, 2016  1:57 AM)Mitsu Wrote: Cool tests! It would definitely be worth it to look more into Polish's burst resistance against Attack combos and compare it to other Disks' (Spread, Armed, Down), especially if it does seem to have this OK Defense.
Thanks! Will do. I feel as if it might be resistant to Bursts as if it were to go against Attack types.
Cool stuff. +1 to the "B-65 is a worthwhile purchase" counter. Tongue_out

(you wouldn't happen to know how much polish weighs, would you?)
(Dec. 18, 2016  2:20 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Cool stuff. +1 to the "B-65 is a worthwhile purchase" counter. Tongue_out

Exactly. Wink And I forgot haha.  Dj - Uh.
(Dec. 18, 2016  2:20 AM)TrainiacJ Wrote: Cool stuff. +1 to the "B-65 is a worthwhile purchase" counter. Tongue_out

20.5 grams according to the B-65 thread.
@[FIREFIRE CPB], @[Mitsu], just giving you guys a heads up for the updated thread. I would like to know your thoughts!
Bumping an old thread, but here's some interesting information that will probably become irrelevant before it comes back to bite me: by using Polish rather than 7/0Bump, Sr Destroy can actually outspin Maximum Garuda/Garuda G3. (I'd also be willing to bet that Sr.P.Ds can beat Sr.7/0B.Ds in opposite spin, but I only have 1 Sr and 1 nL so I can't test that)

Spriggan Requiem Polish Destroy vs. MGC Maximum Garuda 7Cross Orbit
Sr.P.Ds: 7 wins (all OS)
mG.7C.O: 3 wins (all OS)
2 ties
Sr.P.Ds win rate: 70%

Spriggan Requiem Polish Destroy vs. Garuda G3 7Cross Orbit
Sr.P.Ds: 8 wins (all OS)
G3.7C.O: 2 win (OS)
1 tie
Sr.P.Ds win rate: 80%

Spriggan Requiem Polish Destroy vs. MGC Maximum Garuda 7Cross Atomic
Sr.P.Ds: 4 wins (1 OS, 3 burst)
mG.7C.O: 6 wins (all OS)
2 or 3 ties I wasn't counting that hard
Sr.P.Ds win rate: 40%

As you can see, switching to Atomic makes mG more difficult to outspin, but gives it a greater risk of bursting. Didn't get a chance to do a full set of tests with mG Yielding, but from the few informal rounds I did it seemed to be losing to Sr pretty consistently as well.
when i saw this thread bumped, i knew some interesting would be inside!

thanks for the info, wombat!