Pokemon X and Y!

(Jan. 08, 2013  6:25 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: It annoys me when people always complain how terrible newly released Pokemon are. I think they look mostly fine. We had terrible looking Pokemon in the old games.

I hope by old you don't mean the originals. The designs up until Diamond and Pearl were good then they totally went downhill.
Urgh... I hated Diamond & Pearl, hopefully X & Y 'll be a step forwards ... Hopefully 2 ? Pinching_eyes_2
Ok question what was wrong with oshawatt? And whats wrong with these starters? I think they have potential I say give them a chance folks after all they are the only officially named and recognized pokemon aside from the two legendaries we saw in the trailer. I think we should all wait until more news and info comes up before making an opinion, Last thing I want is another Gen five war >< GOD I hated that....
Darn it, I like the new graphics. It's starting to look more like an actual RPG, like Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest, etc..and the battling system looks really cool. It actually looks like they're doing something instead of just being animated (like in the Black/White/2 games) yet not doing anything. Now they're animated and the moves they do actually are animated as well. I like that. What I wish they'd added to this, since it's looking more like an RPG, would be the ability to customize your character a bit, so you can make the character a bit more of your own style.

They're taking a big leap, turning this completely 3D. It could turn into a huge failure or a huge success depending. I just don't like the new starters. Froakie was the only one that vaguely interested me, even though I'm kind of biased towards Water-Type starters anyway. The other starters just look..blegh. The legendaries look kind of cool. The deer one looks like it could be the legendary for Y, because of that Y shape it made when it stood its head up. I like the other one better.

And the last thing I hate is that it is only for the 3DS. It is quite clever of Nintendo; this gives quite a lot of people a good reason to get a 3DS, thus they make some more money. This gave me a reason to save up for a 3DS as well myself; I was hoping not to buy one yet and wait so that I can buy the newest system that comes out.

EDIT: Also, thank you Raykon for bringing this to everyone's attention.
Not gonna be long until Pokemon Z comes out. I like the starters tbh... Fennekin caught my eye ♥♥ Can't wait until Oct to get it!!! Chespin looks like it has some potential though but fire starters all the way!!!
Team Algebra...? lol

Anyways, I wanted Gen III remakes since I never got a chance to play those games, but oh well. It kinda wasn't expected anyways since it was going to be revealed worldwide by Iwata and such.

Looks like the mascot of X will be the deer-like one even though it looks like Y. You can tell by the X in the logo. Hopefully their typings will be interesting. Y will definitely have Flying, but I can't really tell with X. Maybe Grass since it's in a forest?

But, the 3D will take me time to get used to. Battles would certainly be more interesting, but it looks just so weird...
Y legendary is awesome. Also, some people are speculating that besides the XY relating to chromosomes:

X = Width = Land legendary
Y = Height = Sky legendary
Z = Depth = Sea Legendary

So, the third version would be Pokemon Z. Makes sense, considering how obvious it is that X & Y are depicted on both legendaries, and the emphasis on the transition to 3D.
Makes sense, but didn't they already do the land/sky/sea thing with the weather trio?
(Jan. 08, 2013  9:22 PM)Mr. N Wrote: Makes sense, but didn't they already do the land/sky/sea thing with the weather trio?

Yes. Now that you mentioned it.. they are kind of doing it again as a "remake" with 6th gens. But if I recall, R/S/E was based on activating the spheres to awake them. Maybe with the X and Y it'll probably be based on some kind of formation. Puzzles, Question, like using HM Strength to move the rocks around and or rock climb to reach different locations. Just saying.
People arguing over Pokemon... Lol. I really like this, also the starters are pretty cool, except the fenneken looks to girly. But I will wait and see if a rom comes out, so I dont have to go buy a 3DS!
(Jan. 08, 2013  9:20 PM)Kei Wrote: Y legendary is awesome. Also, some people are speculating that besides the XY relating to chromosomes:

So, the third version would be Pokemon Z. Makes sense, considering how obvious it is that X & Y are depicted on both legendaries, and the emphasis on the transition to 3D.

Kei = Genius = WBO legend
XD
Haha.
I just couldn't resist.
Yeah, that idea makes more sense than X&Y chromosome stuff, since there supposedly will be a third...
Hmmm...
Who's up for going to a lab and creating a 'Z' chromosome with me ?
No?
No-one?
Aw...
Here is what people don't get about the Pokemon designs:
They are actually trying to be creative now. They are trying to branch away from the whole "Okay, think of an animal. Oh a snake? Here's an idea, make it purple! BOOM. Ekans is made." type of designs. If you don't get what I mean, I mean how for a lot of the earlier games, they just took an animal and changed some of the little things about it and it became a Pokemon. Heck, look at Geodude. It's a rock that they put arms and a face on. Or how about Muk, they looked at their vomit one day and said "Hmm, now what would it be like if it had a face..?"

(Jan. 08, 2013  8:14 PM)xSora10 Wrote: And the last thing I hate is that it is only for the 3DS. It is quite clever of Nintendo; this gives quite a lot of people a good reason to get a 3DS, thus they make some more money. This gave me a reason to save up for a 3DS as well myself; I was hoping not to buy one yet and wait so that I can buy the newest system that comes out.
Or it might be because they would have to come up with an entirely different graphics system, as the DS would certainly not handle what I'm guessing they are going to try and pull of in X & Y.
This isn't like B&W 2, they are changing the player's view of the game entirely. Yes, the DS could easily take the Over-the-top camera of the past Pokemon games, and with the much more anime, drawing style of them as well, but this is actually called a "3DS" for a reason...*cough*3-D*cough*
Found the extended video of it. It actually talks about the evoulution of Pokemon from 1996 to Now.... oh lord the nostalgia!!!! He didnt talk about Pokemon Yellow tho, my fav pokemon game of all time along with HeartGold. ♥

(Jan. 08, 2013  10:08 PM)Zancrow Wrote: Here is what people don't get about the Pokemon designs:
They are actually trying to be creative now. They are trying to branch away from the whole "Okay, think of an animal. Oh a snake? Here's an idea, make it purple! BOOM. Ekans is made." type of designs. If you don't get what I mean, I mean how for a lot of the earlier games, they just took an animal and changed some of the little things about it and it became a Pokemon. Heck, look at Geodude. It's a rock that they put arms and a face on. Or how about Muk, they looked at their vomit one day and said "Hmm, now what would it be like if it had a face..?"

If your vomit is purple, i'm extremely concerned ... Pinching_eyes_2
But yeah, I see your point.
As I said earlier, the legendaries look more like yu-gi-oh monsters than pokemon... Or is it just me ? XD
(Jan. 08, 2013  10:17 PM)Luck Wrote: If your vomit is purple, i'm extremely concerned ... Pinching_eyes_2
But yeah, I see your point.
As I said earlier, the legendaries look more like yu-gi-oh monsters than pokemon... Or is it just me ? XD
Have you ever vomited after eating Froot Loops? Yeah, I don't want a vomit rainbow cheering me up after breakfast.
Seeing as I am a Yu-Gi-Oh player too, I actually have to somewhat agree. This also brings me back to my earlier point, they are branching out more on artwork, which worked for me when I saw those legendaries ~
(Jan. 08, 2013  10:08 PM)Zancrow Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2013  8:14 PM)xSora10 Wrote: And the last thing I hate is that it is only for the 3DS. It is quite clever of Nintendo; this gives quite a lot of people a good reason to get a 3DS, thus they make some more money. This gave me a reason to save up for a 3DS as well myself; I was hoping not to buy one yet and wait so that I can buy the newest system that comes out.
Or it might be because they would have to come up with an entirely different graphics system, as the DS would certainly not handle what I'm guessing they are going to try and pull of in X & Y.
This isn't like B&W 2, they are changing the player's view of the game entirely. Yes, the DS could easily take the Over-the-top camera of the past Pokemon games, and with the much more anime, drawing style of them as well, but this is actually called a "3DS" for a reason...*cough*3-D*cough*

I understand, I'm not dissing them at all, if that's what you're implying. I like the new point of view in the game, and I love most of the new graphics. I'm sure it will be a success for them hopefully. I'm just saying that below the surface, it seems to be another simple way to make themselves money and get the 3DS slightly more popular than it is now.

Here's a little... analysis of the starter Pokémon of X and Y as provided by the comedy website of Dorkly: http://www.dorkly.com/article/48471/dork...n-starters

While it's only humour, I find it surprisingly true.
(Jan. 08, 2013  10:02 PM)Luck Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2013  9:20 PM)Kei Wrote: Y legendary is awesome. Also, some people are speculating that besides the XY relating to chromosomes:

Kei = Genius = WBO legend
XD
Haha.
I just couldn't resist.

I wasn't the one who came up with that theory haha. They also made the connection with René Descartes, who invented the "cartesian plane" and is French (and was born in France, where this game seems to take place). How this relates to Pokemon exactly, I do not know!

(Jan. 08, 2013  10:02 PM)Luck Wrote: Yeah, that idea makes more sense than X&Y chromosome stuff, since there supposedly will be a third...
Hmmm...
Who's up for going to a lab and creating a 'Z' chromosome with me ?
No?
No-one?
Aw...

Oh, the X & Y chromosome stuff is definitely linked with the game, don't get me wrong. The Japanese logos for the games contain a "DNA" symbol, soo ...:

[Image: pkmn-xy-jpn-logo-61414_555x330.jpg]

Seeing this also reminded me of just how tacky the English Pokemon logo is. The Japanese ones are nice because they're actually able to imbue the "Pocket Monsters" (or whatever it says) text with effects that reflect the game that they are representing. For the English logos, they just paste the same logo with the same colours every time, which makes it dissonant with the text that shows whatever version it is ...
(Jan. 08, 2013  11:54 PM)Dude Wrote: Here's a little... analysis of the starter Pokémon of X and Y as provided by the comedy website of Dorkly: http://www.dorkly.com/article/48471/dork...n-starters

While it's only humour, I find it surprisingly true.

Which other dogs have been set on fire? As far as I know, I am going to choose Fennekin. But it will really have to wait until Evolutions, Stats, and possible EVs are released until I make my final choice. It also appears you have roller skates instead of a bike/running shoes.
EDIT: Oh wait yeah, I love the Darkrai/Lugia/dragon legendary for Y.
Dang, I really liked the Y legendary better. X is one of my favorite letters, hence the name, but I don't like its legendary. Decisions now...
(Jan. 08, 2013  7:18 PM)Ultra Wrote:
(Jan. 08, 2013  6:25 PM)Crab Commando Wrote: It annoys me when people always complain how terrible newly released Pokemon are. I think they look mostly fine. We had terrible looking Pokemon in the old games.

I hope by old you don't mean the originals. The designs up until Diamond and Pearl were good then they totally went downhill.

Because the earlier generations

[Image: voltorb.jpg]

were

[Image: poliwrath.jpg]

so

[Image: 089Muk.png]

original.

Really, is this gonna happen every time new pokemon design are released? This is just as bad as all the kids screaming "90s kids are the best!!!". News flash: every gen has its good and bad, so we should stop worshipping the earlier gens because some people are a little too high on nostalgia.
You dissin poliwrath? Wait I'm confused. Which game has gargantuhorns as the legendary?
(Jan. 09, 2013  12:47 AM)Outnumbered Wrote: You dissin poliwrath? Wait I'm confused. Which game has gargantuhorns as the legendary?

Appearance-wise, yes. It is basically Poliwhirl with an angry face and thicker arms. If this happened now, people would be screaming bloody murder.
Thankfully I don't need to buy a 3DS because I already have one and I like the Y legendary better then the X legendary and when I get this game I'm gonna choose either Froakie or Chespin.
i collect old pokemon games. and im not sure if anyone has mentioned this, but they missed some of the major ones not to mention lots of games released on the side; yellow, crystal, and emerald.

also everything kei has said makes perfect sense. the only thing i havent seen kei talk about is that (as i said above) they neglected emerald. so i bet the third one "Z" will be a dark green color. or, and im not sure why, but it doesnt seem like they would use a color like green for the third. based on the ways they have marketed the previous third games, and what is currently going on on the internet, they will either, as hinted by the black background, and interesting contrast a deep purple, or a solid yellow. the purple from the a mix of the two colors, or the yellow could have be from the original yellow edition, seeing as he hinted talking about more pokemon. (in yellow you could get 151 without trading.) he also talked about the link cable and emphasizes a lot about the connection of these games, also hinting towards a much greater communication setup. which would support what they were saying about the wireless connection from the leaf green and fire red. i thought it odd when he talked about it because it was originally tested with that game. key words be "originally tested" which all adds up to my final conclusion of a dark green game. with all three having a completely different type of connection. one possibly "original" and "new to its time" i also think its interesting they talked alot about the old games and skipped over the new ones, only mentioning their names. which i believe is their way of telling you about the bringing back of some old aspect of the games.

so yea. got bored found a thread and thought about what i saw as much as possible for an hour, maybe overthought it. anyway, just my opinion