Pokemon X and Y!

(Nov. 17, 2013  2:44 AM)th!nk Wrote: I vaguely recall having to switch pokemon for Wikstrom, which would be the closest I came to using tactics, so he was probably the hardest for me as well. His room is super duper neato though. I really disliked drasna, I was excited to hear there was a dragon E4 member, and she was a massive disappointment, both as a trainer and a character, for me. Water guy was cool if only because you can anger him, and I'm hoping more happens with Malva and her associations and threats of violence in the third game (because I really want to give her a proper comeuppance). Champion was a complete non-character and I don't see any replacements available for the third game so I'm hoping gamefreak do something about that.
Throughout the story, I had actually hoped the Champion would end up being you rival, like in B/R/Y/FR/LG, seeing as they constantly comment on how they're always "one step behind you" and that would make a cool plot twist.

Though it's highly unlikely and probably difficult to code, It would be awesome if the protagonist in the third game was a new person, and Game Freak did a memory link type thing so that the new Champion was the X/Y character with their Hall of Fame team.
Drasna is my favourite E4 Member, vut is u on 'bout. I was hoping she'd have a Dragonite or Salamence when I battled her the first time round, but that didn't happen which is a real shame, despite them being Drake's and Lance's Signature Pokemon.

Diantha is probably my favourite champion so far; her battle theme suits the background perfectly, and a majority of her Pokemon suits her. Tyrantrum and Gourgeist seems a bit odd for her though, the former being way too 'offensive and powerful' and the latter would really only suit those Hex creeps.
Diantha's theme is great, but she is just a total non-character. She shows up once or twice to have like a sentence dialogue, is a movie star, and uh.... That's about it. Don't know why they put so little effort into that when they focussed on it plenty last gen.

Also, just got a shiny loudred from wondertrade, which is pretty neat, though I'm generally more interested in useful things than different colors - though given it's my first shiny of this game, obviously I'll hold onto it and it can join my meditite and tentacruel. The weird thing is it's OT isn't the name of the person who sent it to me.
Well, it's probably because it was previously owned by another user and not the trader.

A trainer sent it to that trainer > they didn't want it, put it up > you got it

Something along those lines - I always get JPN/KOR/GER Pokes despite the OT was from US/AU/CA whom I received it from.
(Nov. 17, 2013  3:27 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: What's chain fishing?

It's basically just fishing in the same spot over and over, which, if done a certain amount of times, increases the chance of finding a shiny Pokemon.
I just got a Lapras! Here's my team now!

Garchomp
Charizard
Lapras
Ninetails
Gengar
Gallade

Is this good? Any suggestions?
Champion had no backstory and I oneshotted most of her team.

Wikstrom? I can see why people would find it difficult, but I personally thought that he was pretty easy. Siebold actually presented a small problem to me, mainly because I had no counter to Water types at all. I just brute-forced him and won though, his main should've been the Clawitzer instead of his Barbaracle...
(Nov. 17, 2013  3:08 PM)Cannon Wrote: Well, it's probably because it was previously owned by another user and not the trader.

A trainer sent it to that trainer > they didn't want it, put it up > you got it

Something along those lines - I always get JPN/KOR/GER Pokes despite the OT was from US/AU/CA whom I received it from.

I know, but it means someone else sent on a shiny, which is what I find curious.
(Nov. 17, 2013  11:34 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Champion had no backstory and I oneshotted most of her team.

Wikstrom? I can see why people would find it difficult, but I personally thought that he was pretty easy. Siebold actually presented a small problem to me, mainly because I had no counter to Water types at all. I just brute-forced him and won though, his main should've been the Clawitzer instead of his Barbaracle...

i found the same problems, but i had most trouble with garyados because i was using agislash first and it let him charge up dragon dance.
(Nov. 17, 2013  8:03 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I just got a Lapras! Here's my team now!

Garchomp
Charizard
Lapras
Ninetails
Gengar
Gallade

Is this good? Any suggestions?
So what about this...
anyone know a good nature for a goomy? thinking about breeding one....or six....nine....I dunno I'm MM that sucker....
If you're actually battling competitively with it, Calm if you're just using special attacks or Sassy if you're running a mixed set. If not, then a) it really doesn't matter what you use and b) something that boosts the attacking stat you're using most. Would suggest checking smogons threads on stuff like that, that's the main source of advice at this stage.

RagerBlade: A lot of shared weaknesses/weaknesses to common types/pokemon that just aren't that good (lapras, ninetales, gallade), and you lack good defensive types in steel, fairy and water (lapras doesn't count because Ice is such a horrid defensive type to have). Swap lapras for a better water type (starmie is great especially in-game, clawitzer is okay, azumarill is great but requires some breeding), Ninetales for literally anything because it sucks even with drought this gen, and gallade for idk depends what you replace ninetales with, maybe get a fairy (gardevoir is a beast in-game and okay competitively, togekiss is pretty solid this gen, mega mawile is amazing but takes a mega slot, azumarill again requires breeding, and klefki isn't really useful in the game despite being relatively good competitively (whimsicott is probably along the same lines but idk, haven't looked into it)). This really isn't the place to get a full RMT tho.

Woooooo! One of my froakies hatched Shiny, Protean 31/14/24/18/31/22
(hatched an ideal hp fire one today using that instachecker thing to check the parents I had for the right 30 IV's, and then went on to breed myself a 31/x/31/31/31/31, a spare from which hatched shiny). I love shiny greninja - definitely a favourite shiny of mine, but I kinda wish its IVs were a little better haha (though with that app and the discovery of shiny values it wouldn't be too hard for me to get an ideal shiny one if I bothered to go through the whole interacting with other people thing that entails).
Still, pretty happy!
(Nov. 18, 2013  2:43 PM)th!nk Wrote: Woooooo! One of my froakies hatched Shiny, Protean 31/14/24/18/31/22

oh man, my friend just got one of those in 14 eggs, and its also got good ivs and nature. and im still hunting for a shiny honedge after 2 weeks of hatching over 500 eggs, just so i can call it soul edge.
Given how popular shiny honedge is you might find some help from others looking for the same thing using the program I mentioned and one of the various places focusing on that now (I think there's a subreddit for it, actually), if you want to go about it that way, though there's a lot to be said about the feeling of achievement for getting one naturally.

I decided that I'm going to super train it to keep it at level 1, and then send it over to Pokemon Y when I get it for christmas, where it can be my bro throughout the entire story, rather than being neglected in favor of my SUPERIOR GENETIC CROP Greninjas.
I also realised a little late that I should breed hasty instead of timid but that's how these things go.

After playing around with protean greninja more I think I'm going to breed for HP Electric, seeing as its stats are similar to Starmie, and it gets STAB on Ice Beam plus STAB HP Electric hits as hard as Thunderbolt this gen. I've always really liked starmie both design and performance wise (it's only ever been missing from my teams because of the latis), but with all the fast new threats introduced this gen it's starting to show its age.
So I was wonder trading a bunch of stuff to get pokemiles and I got a modest Rotom from it! Sweet, I've been looking for one and I finally got one. Well, it's super training time!
(Nov. 21, 2013  3:23 AM)Anchor Wrote: So I was wonder trading a bunch of stuff to get pokemiles and I got a modest Rotom from it! Sweet, I've been looking for one and I finally got one. Well, it's super training time!
Nice. Lucky you. What did you send out for it? Every time I've tried wonder trading I've been getting pretty stupid pokemon.
(Nov. 21, 2013  4:11 AM)Raykon Wrote:
(Nov. 21, 2013  3:23 AM)Anchor Wrote: So I was wonder trading a bunch of stuff to get pokemiles and I got a modest Rotom from it! Sweet, I've been looking for one and I finally got one. Well, it's super training time!
Nice. Lucky you. What did you send out for it? Every time I've tried wonder trading I've been getting pretty stupid pokemon.

Either a Marril, or a Dratini since I had quite a few of those that I didn't need.
I find a lot of it depends on when you go online, evening for me (gmt+8) generally nets me much more interesting stuff than morning. That said, if you breed pokemon at the volume I do, getting bad stuff just means more valuable PC Space so it doesn't bother me that much haha.
(Nov. 20, 2013  7:26 AM)th!nk Wrote: Given how popular shiny honedge is you might find some help from others looking for the same thing using the program I mentioned and one of the various places focusing on that now (I think there's a subreddit for it, actually), if you want to go about it that way, though there's a lot to be said about the feeling of achievement for getting one naturally.

i already knew about that trick and tried using the program myself but couldn't get it to work. plus i rather hatch one myself so i can keep changing it's nickname according to what i want my team to be named after during each tournament. i like naming my team after certain references, for example i called my aggron armour titan in the last one i went to.
Playing Battle Maison, and just got whooped by a Scolipede & Frogadier.

I sent out Heracross. Opponent send out Frogadier.
Froagadier used Bounce. At this point I didn't know what went on, since it did not take a turn like Fly. It didn't even have an item on it?? Well, that i recall of seeing that is.
I sent out Gardevoir. Mega Evolve. Frogadier uses Waterfall, I lose just over half damage. My Psychic hits and KOed it I believe.
Opponent sends out Scolipede. Uses Poison Jab and kills me.
I send out Charizard, expecting I'd outspeed it, but didn't and it used Rock Slide. OHKO.

It was only the 12th battle which shocked me.

Anyways, add my Friend Code if you haven't yet please! FC: 0662-3996-1933
I lost against the Battle Matroness (whatever she is, the Single Battle one) because I forgot Wigglytuff was a retconned fairy type, so it was immune to my Draco Meteor and killed my Noivern with a Round. It was my last Poke because my Aegislash got ridic hax from the Grumpig and Purugly and my Greninja killed the Grumpig and then took a Focus Blast for the OHKO from Wigglytuff after almost killing it.

Yep. Anyway, courtesy of th!nk I managed to avoid the hassle of HP Fire breeding on my Protean Frogadiers, so I now have a Froakie to start training!
My first time IV training bagon......At least I think it's IV training XD.
(Nov. 21, 2013  11:41 PM)zflare3 Wrote: Just started my Pokemon Y.I've played for like 2 days and I'm on the 2nd gym atm.
I was lucky enough to get an Adamant Nature Charmander Grin
This is my plan for my team :
Charizard (X Stone)
Tyrannitar
Gengar
Garchomp
Kangaskan
Azumarill / Greninja

Do you think this team would fare well in Wi-Fi battles?

naa. team suffers from a lot of common weaknesses.