Pokemon Sinnoh Remakes Thread

Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl

Pokemon Legends Arceus
That actually sounds awesome. It’s truly too bad I don’t have a switch, would have played these games in a heartbeat.
(Feb. 26, 2021  3:12 PM)Zeutron Wrote: That actually sounds awesome. It’s truly too bad I don’t have a switch, would have played these games in a heartbeat.

All the budget seems to have gone to these games not Sword and Shield lol.
(Feb. 26, 2021  3:17 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  3:12 PM)Zeutron Wrote: That actually sounds awesome. It’s truly too bad I don’t have a switch, would have played these games in a heartbeat.

All the budget seems to have gone to these games not Sword and Shield lol.

💀 you know what, wouldn’t surprise me much at all. Gen 4 was insanely popular and the sinnoh games in particular were insanely popular as they are all time fan favourites.
Welp, I think my wallet died, full amount pre-ordering these games on the 3rd after work, like I am HYPED, Gen 4 was my favorite gen and Sinnoh is my favorite region in the whole franchise, so it'll be worth it.
Well I am prepared for this, I got everything I need. Switch: Check. Money: Check. Time to waste and not do anything with my life: A definite check
Pokémon Legends Arceus is what Pokémon fans have been waiting for it seems. The graphics seem to be the best we have gotten for a Pokémon game so far, and the gameplay seems to differ quite a bit from the usual Pokémon RPG style. I’m also excited for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and hope those end up being good as well. Has it been confirmed that Pokémon Legends Arceus is a main series game, or is it technically a spin-off?
(Feb. 26, 2021  9:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Pokémon Legends Arceus is what Pokémon fans have been waiting for it seems. The graphics seem to be the best we have gotten for a Pokémon game so far, and the gameplay seems to differ quite a bit from the usual Pokémon RPG style. I’m also excited for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and hope those end up being good as well. Has it been confirmed that Pokémon Legends Arceus is a main series game, or is it technically a spin-off?

The graphics look rough but not bad (for Legends)
(Feb. 26, 2021  9:49 PM)Eclipse Force Wrote:
(Feb. 26, 2021  9:47 PM)BuilderROB Wrote: Pokémon Legends Arceus is what Pokémon fans have been waiting for it seems. The graphics seem to be the best we have gotten for a Pokémon game so far, and the gameplay seems to differ quite a bit from the usual Pokémon RPG style. I’m also excited for Pokémon Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl and hope those end up being good as well. Has it been confirmed that Pokémon Legends Arceus is a main series game, or is it technically a spin-off?

The graphics look rough but not bad (for Legends)

They’re better than Sword and Shield graphics at least, maybe not by much but still. The new gameplay is what we’re focusing on for this game.

Personally, it feels to me like a spin-off/experimental game, akin to things like Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, Pokemon Ranger, etc.
Honestly the real question here is, what’s the new catch. I’m personally hoping they bring in some new element regarding forms and evolutions like they did with the weather trio.
(Feb. 26, 2021  10:24 PM)Zeutron Wrote: Honestly the real question here is, what’s the new catch. I’m personally hoping they bring in some new element regarding forms and evolutions like they did with the weather trio.

I mean we clearly see what they did with Legends, I think bdsp will just be getting same.
Lol these remakes are probably the worst pokemon games I've ever seen
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:41 PM)Limetka Wrote: Lol these remakes are probably the worst pokemon games I've ever seen

I'm assuming you were born sometime after Sword and Shield came out, then?
Hardcore Pokémon fans will never be happy, if you don’t like the game why even come to the thread.
(Feb. 27, 2021  2:20 AM)Eclipse Force Wrote: Hardcore Pokémon fans will never be happy, if you don’t like the game why even come to the thread.

I'm actually a hardcore pokemon fan as I grew up with it, not every hardcore fan is a stuffy grouch dude.
(Feb. 26, 2021  11:41 PM)Limetka Wrote: Lol these remakes are probably the worst pokemon games I've ever seen

We are all obviously entitled to our own opinions but I gotta question it, I just gotta. Do you really not like the 4th gen or is it the literal fact that it’s a remake of gen 4?
(Feb. 27, 2021  5:39 AM)Zeutron Wrote:

We are all obviously entitled to our own opinions but I gotta question it, I just gotta. Do you really not like the 4th gen or is it the literal fact that it’s a remake of gen 4?
Gen 4 is my favourite one and my top 6 pokemon are all from gen 4. But what is there to like about this disaster?

-It looks absolutely disgusting. All of the characters look like funky pops. I actually want to puke.

-It's a faithful remake of D/P. Who benefits from that? Platinum was way better. Why would I not play Platinum instead if this doesn't even have any qol changes like overworld spawning or getting rid of HMs.

- It's very obviously low-effort and the main game is supposed to be Legends. It's even directed by Masuda lol. That guy is a complete idiot and has never made a decent game. I can't believe he still works there.

FRLG, HSSG and ORAS always altered and made the games look better so there was some reason to play them. I can't see why would I play this abomination instead though lol.

I hope I don't seem too angry because I'm actually not, I was planning to buy this but I'll save myself the money and enjoy a nice new Renegade Platinum playthrough.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:33 AM)Limetka Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  5:39 AM)Zeutron Wrote: We are all obviously entitled to our own opinions but I gotta question it, I just gotta. Do you really not like the 4th gen or is it the literal fact that it’s a remake of gen 4?
Gen 4 is my favourite one and my top 6 pokemon are all from gen 4. But what is there to like about this disaster?

-It looks absolutely disgusting. All of the characters look like funky pops. I actually want to puke.

-It's a faithful remake of D/P. Who benefits from that? Platinum was way better. Why would I not play Platinum instead if this doesn't even have any sol changes like overworld spawning or getting rid of HMs.

- It's very obviously low-effort and the main game is supposed to be Legends. It's even directed by Masuda lol. That guy is a complete idiot and has never made a decent game. I can't believe he still works there.

FRLG, HSSG and ORAS always altered and made the games look better so there was some reason to play them. I can't see why would I play this abomination instead though lol.

I hope I don't seem too angry because I'm actually not, I was planning to buy this but I'll save myself the money and enjoy a nice new Renegade Platinum playthrough.

Hmmm just give it some time don't rage yet they may have indicated it's a faithful remake but there are still lot of months left, let's wait before judging a game Smile but honestly this implementation sounds lazy tbh.
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:33 AM)Limetka Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  5:39 AM)Zeutron Wrote: We are all obviously entitled to our own opinions but I gotta question it, I just gotta. Do you really not like the 4th gen or is it the literal fact that it’s a remake of gen 4?

-It's a faithful remake of D/P. Who benefits from that? Platinum was way better. Why would I not play Platinum instead if this doesn't even have any qol changes like overworld spawning or getting rid of HMs.

Unless you count the lets go games as a remake of yellow there has never been a remake of the 3rd main series game title, in fact since gen 5 they have done away with the 3rd title, I'm personally excited, yes Platinun was better cause it didn't do what Diamond & Pearl did with its pokedex, but there are people who worked around it, and if you ask me ORAS was too different, to the point that it was a whole different universe in the game's canon, so I'm okay with the DP remakes being just a more modern version of the games, also Masuda was the directer for all 3 Sinnoh games, so idk why you're trashing on him.
(Feb. 27, 2021  2:45 PM)Deathscyther04 Wrote:
(Feb. 27, 2021  8:33 AM)Limetka Wrote: Gen 4 is my favourite one and my top 6 pokemon are all from gen 4. But what is there to like about this disaster?

Unless you count the lets go games as a remake of yellow there has never been a remake of the 3rd main series game title, in fact since gen 5 they have done away with the 3rd title, I'm personally excited, yes Platinun was better cause it didn't do what Diamond & Pearl did with its pokedex, but there are people who worked around it, and if you ask me ORAS was too different, to the point that it was a whole different universe in the game's canon, so I'm okay with the DP remakes being just a more modern version of the games, also Masuda was the directer for all 3 Sinnoh games, so idk why you're trashing on him.
I mean in the end it doesn't matter, people will eat it up no matter how bad it gets (although I doubt they can go below this). Also Masuda didn't make Platinum.