Pokemon Ruby/sapphire/Emerald disscussion forum

hey guys, i am curious as to what you guys think of pokemon ruby/sapphire, or emerald, i would also like to know your parties, level up tricks, and so on.
I actually never bothered to play them. I mean I've had a go on friends copies but never really played them significantly. Got Fire Red out of the Gen 3 games and that served me well for that time. Prefer the old style ones really....that said, I imagine I'll pick one up at some point in my lifetime.
Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are like the worst main series Pokemon games.
emerald is a great game, prefer it much better to ruby and saphire in the fact more pokemon are easily available and there is more to do, and that emerald started off the battle frontier which i extremely enjoy.
Yes, emerald is oneof my favorites. You have to use strategy.Will I use my one and only masterball on groudon,kyorgre,or rayquaza? Every time I started a new game I always used it on rayquaza.
my sapphire is amazing, and my ruby, is a slave for xd and collseum
(Mar. 26, 2010  6:28 PM)To Wrote: Ruby/Sapphire and Emerald are like the worst main series Pokemon games.

This. It seriously feels like a counterfeit game haha
(Mar. 26, 2010  9:34 PM)dracielviper Wrote: Yes, emerald is oneof my favorites. You have to use strategy.Will I use my one and only masterball on groudon,kyorgre,or rayquaza? Every time I started a new game I always used it on rayquaza.

Maybe cos Rayquaza was higher level then the other two? Haha
It always took me 10 + Ultra Balls to catch them and used my masterball on Rayquaza - should have used it on Latias/Latios - they always flee Pinching_eyes
I have sapphire. I think its ok but generation 3 is probally the worst out of them all.
(Mar. 29, 2010  9:09 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: This. It seriously feels like a counterfeit game haha

[Image: diamond.jpg]
[Image: dia_01.jpg]

I've played this, it's awesome.
All I remember from that is something about someone wanting curry....
I am traing a bunch of level 100's on my sapphire, currently i am training a lv 97 ursuring named luna
I actually really liked the Telefang games. But I remember getting stuck on "Liz Island" and then the internal battery on my bootleg copy died and the save was erased.
(Mar. 30, 2010  6:11 PM)Rocky Wrote: All I remember from that is something about someone wanting curry....

It's that monster that gets your phone number and phones you asking for curry every 5 mins. I got exactly the same thing ahahaha. Good times...

On topic, I actually didn't mind RSE. You forget some of the good points like secret bases and all the underwater areas using dive (which I still stand by the fact that dive was amazing and they should have implemented it in gen IV). The underground is a joke compared to RSE's secret bases.
I am cirrently tracking shiny regirock, i have done about 300 resetsTired
honestly, good luck.
I got shiny regirock after 1644 soft resetsStupidCute
I still have my old emerald version. it was a pretty good game back in the day. but I really liked it when I connected it to collosseum. that was pretty cool but it was even better connecting it to gale of darkness that game was epic.
yeah, i have now done my 1500 soft reset for shiny registeel
Necrobump, yay~

In Ruby, I just beat Wattson. My team is Lvl. 26 Marshtomp, Lvl. 23 Kirlia, and Lvl. 21 Electrike. My strategy was to paralyze his Pokemon with Thunder Wave, then switch to Marshtomp and OHKO with Mud Shot. Wasn't too big of a challenge. Smile

Also, Demon and I will be starting a Pokemon Sapphire Let's Play on Saturday. If you're interested in watching it, I'll post the channel name here sometime or another.
(Feb. 20, 2012  7:43 PM)Primal Wrote: Necrobump, yay~

In Ruby, I just beat Wattson. My team is Lvl. 26 Marshtomp, Lvl. 23 Kirlia, and Lvl. 21 Electrike. My strategy was to paralyze his Pokemon with Thunder Wave, then switch to Marshtomp and OHKO with Mud Shot. Wasn't too big of a challenge. Smile

Also, Demon and I will be starting a Pokemon Sapphire Let's Play on Saturday. If you're interested in watching it, I'll post the channel name here sometime or another.

Really? I was going to start a Sapphire LP soon as well lol, I have already recorded the first episode but It didn't really come out as well as I planned so I may have to rethink things Grin
This is my favorite Pokemon game ever!!! My first was FireRed, but Emerald had the longest lasting impression on me. My first sleepover was me and my friend playing Emerald. I lost it at a restaurant, so I replaced it with Sapphire, which I like more. It introduced the best starters, awesome Pokemon, and a gameplay style that lasted. The 4th Gen battle system is just a graphical overhaul of Gen III's. Well, except the Physical/Special move thing. Rayquaza is still my favorite legendary! Hell, I even bought a GBA to use the e-Reader and to replace my dying DS Lite. I love you, Gen III, and I always will.
Silver and Gold are by far my favorite games, but I was target auidence age when ruby came out, so I liked it alot (i was like 5 when i picked up my 1st pokemon games, gold and silver) My friend and I agreed to both get Ruby, and my brother got Saphirre. Very cool game. Hope thye make a remake of the series soon. Emerald was even ebtter than Ruby or Saphirre. I even remember buying Pokemon Colliseum to get the pre-order disk to get Jirachi. Good times...

I am still waiting for the day where all of the regions from R/B/Y/G, Slvr/Gld/Crystl, Rby/Sphr/Emrld, and Plt/Dmnd/Prl (and yes, even Black and White) can be put into one game. I would buy that game in an instant.
I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Ruby Version. Not only is it my favorite and first Pokemon game, it's the first game I ever played. I have sooooo many fond memories of the game. I recently picked it up and worked hard to get an epic team. Without cheating, I got Milotic, Salamance, Metagross, and a few others I forgot. Oh, and Blaziken is my favorite Pokemon. Yes, I like him better than Charizard.