Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire

Just got this press release from The Pokemon Company.

Quote:BELLEVUE, WA — May 7, 2014 — The Pokémon Company International and Nintendo announced today that Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire will launch worldwide in November 2014, exclusively for the Nintendo 3DS family of systems. Pokémon fans will collect, battle, and trade Pokémon in a new adventure.

Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire are a fresh take on Pokémon Ruby and Pokémon Sapphire, which launched in 2003 and were fan-favorite hits on the Game Boy Advance system. The new titles promise to take players through a dramatic story within a spectacular new world.

Be sure to visit Pokemon.com frequently for more Pokémon Omega Ruby and Pokémon Alpha Sapphire news and information that will roll out leading up to the worldwide launch in November.

Visit Pokemon.com, Like the official Pokémon Facebook page at Facebook.com/Pokemon, and follow Pokemon on Twitter.

Only 6 months wooooo! HYPE

More Mega Evolutions! HYPE

Mega Sceptile and Mega Swampert! HYPE
Oh my god I'm super excited for this! I hope they do bring back in the Pokemon contests and Pokemon bases, and also put some trumpets in the music; not like what they did in BW2 PWT.

Ahhh can't wait for this, gen III was my favourite out of all because Emerald was my first game and had the best music, storyline and Team Aqua and Magma were awesome!

Seems like they'll be doing something with the mascots, look at their new patterns, cool!
Wait,3ds games work for 2ds's right?Because on my b-day,I'm planning on buying one and since black 2 and platinums wi-fi is being shutdown,(I own these Games)I need a new pokemon game.CryingCrying
This is the greater news ever. My favorite gen redone!
It's so sad I don't have a 3DS but I'm super excited anyway(this doesn't make sense but it's okay)
Thank goodness Super Smash Bros 3DS is coming out between now and November.
I'm going to need something to distract me from all of this SUPER AWESOME MEGA HYPE!
OMG HOENN CONFIRMED!!!1

But no seriously, I've been wanting remakes of these since the idea ever came up. Emerald is my favorite game, Gen III is my favorite Gen, etc., etc.
There's three main things I want from the game to happen:
  • Swampert and Sceptile get Megas.
  • Mega Sceptile is Physically oriented (because the Physical/Special split mostly ruined it in Gen IV)
  • They don't give Mega Sceptile Unburden.
Also, a return of the original Battle Frontier (especially the Battle Dome) would be awesome.
(May. 07, 2014  4:28 PM)Cannon Wrote: Oh my god I'm super excited for this! I hope they do bring back in the Pokemon contests and Pokemon bases, and also put some trumpets in the music; not like what they did in BW2 PWT.

Ahhh can't wait for this, gen III was my favourite out of all because Emerald was my first game and had the best music, storyline and Team Aqua and Magma were awesome!

Seems like they'll be doing something with the mascots, look at their new patterns, cool!

I have Emerald too gen three is also the hardest of all Pokemon games to defeat I hope they do something like Delta emerald that would be so freaking cool!!!!!
>emerald
>the hardest of all pokemon games

No, no, no, haha. Swampert alone like destroys everything in the original gen III games. The hardest is probably the first Gen V just because some of the final battles, especially N, are challenging considering his Hydregion destroys with ice beam.

Anyways on topic, Mega Swampert. I just now thought of this and OMG I can't wait for it to completely own.
(May. 08, 2014  2:30 AM)Tri Wrote: >emerald

No, no, no, haha. Swampert alone like destroys everything in the original gen III games. The hardest is probably the first Gen V just because some of the final battles, especially N, are challenging considering his Hydregion destroys with ice beam.

Anyways on topic, Mega Swampert. I just now thought of this and OMG I can't wait for it to completely own.

I actually thought FireRed/LeafGreen were harder. I'm pretty sure the AI was tougher in that game, and also Koga's Minimize/Toxic/Acid Armor Muk was the most annoying in-game opponent I've ever fought.

Also back on topic, It says that the games will be in a "spectacular new world." This could just mean Hoenn in 3D, but by the way it was worded did anyone else think it could include a new region?
Greeeeeat folk on the boards are gonna go crazy over HOENNNNNN
I don't think it will be in hoenn because I searched it up and it said a WHOLE new adventure.
(May. 08, 2014  3:07 AM)Woumb@ Wrote:
(May. 08, 2014  2:30 AM)Tri Wrote: >emerald

I actually thought FireRed/LeafGreen were harder. I'm pretty sure the AI was tougher in that game, and also Koga's Minimize/Toxic/Acid Armor Muk was the most annoying in-game opponent I've ever fought.

Also back on topic, It says that the games will be in a "spectacular new world." This could just mean Hoenn in 3D, but by the way it was worded did anyone else think it could include a new region?
Hopefully we can transfer Kalos pokemon between X and Y and these! So pumped! This will be the same angle as X and Y right? I like that view better then helicopter view.
the hype is so real oh my lord
(May. 09, 2014  12:02 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: Hopefully we can transfer Kalos pokemon between X and Y and these! So pumped! This will be the same angle as X and Y right? I like that view better then helicopter view.

They made PokeBank for a reason...
(May. 09, 2014  9:39 AM)Zancrow Wrote:
(May. 09, 2014  12:02 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: Hopefully we can transfer Kalos pokemon between X and Y and these! So pumped! This will be the same angle as X and Y right? I like that view better then helicopter view.

They made PokeBank for a reason...
That was between X and Y though. I am hoping to have it for this as well which is most likely. I guess it was sort of dumb though.
(May. 10, 2014  3:41 AM)RagerBlade Wrote:
(May. 09, 2014  9:39 AM)Zancrow Wrote: They made PokeBank for a reason...
That was between X and Y though. I am hoping to have it for this as well which is most likely. I guess it was sort of dumb though.

I'm assuming PokeBank was made to cooperate with the next few games as well, not just X/Y. By making PokeBank work with the next future games, they'll get more people to sign up for the annually fee. It's safe to assume that more people will pay that $5 if they know that they don't have to do it for the next game as well.

(May. 09, 2014  12:02 AM)RagerBlade Wrote: This will be the same angle as X and Y right? I like that view better then helicopter view.

I think they almost have to use the same view, everybody loved it lol, it also shows off the 3D models much better.
"It has been confirmed through a trailer on TV that Japanese variety show, Pokémon Get☆TV is to showcase world exclusive first footage of the upcoming games Pokémon Omega Ruby & Alpha Sapphire this weekend in the episode airing on Sunday May 11th at 07:30 JST. It's not known what the footage will contain but we'll provide details and screenshots as soon as it airs."
I hope the battle frontier makes a return, and contests would be cool too I guess.

Can't wait though; gen 3 was the first one I played so only makes sense that I'm super hyped for it.
My biggest hope is seeing
I think that not only more hoenn pokes r gonna get megas, but some others too such as Meganium or maybe more from Johto/sinnoh..
Sneak peek, same that was shown in Pokémon Get☆TV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00DyEDmQ83s

Was hoping for some game play of the, possibly redesigned, main characters running around various iconic routes/towns or something. According to Serebii, next month's CoroCoro will show more about the games.

I never played Emerald, only Ruby so I hope they'll include the Battle Frontier in this. Also, a lot of new areas and more post-game stuff, something like the Sevii islands but bigger and with access to National Dex mons not featured in Hoenn along with other legends not currently available in the 6th gen. And trainer customization better be in...

Dunno if there'll be any Megas besides the known Lati twins and possibly Kyogre and Groudon due to compatibility issues with XY, but I guess they could patch this in?
Swampert and Sceptile really could use Megas. As funny as Sap Sipper Mega Swampert sounds, what he really needs is greater bulk and a reliable recovery move. The latter probably won't happen and with him being a Mega, there's no Lefties recovery for him. I mean, Mega Blastoise is pretty bulky as well, but just gets worn so fast. Venusaur at least has access to Synthesis/Leech Seed/Giga Drain besides a great Ability.
Grass/Dragon Sceptile would be great, but so would Serperior and both their movepools/stats are still messed up.
I'd love for Mega Metagross, he has really fallen in usefulness these past gens and especially now with Steel loosing its resistance to Ghost and Dark =(

Anyways...HYPE!! Bring on the trumpets!
I've never played 3rd gen, so this is my perfect chance!

EDIT: Lemme just say, if they allow transferring between these and X and Y, this might result in a planned unreleased mega lineup available in X and Y, and maybe Hoopa, Volcanion, and Diancie will be available in these new games? o.O

These are most definitely in the Gen 6 line, because the only new pokes will possibly be new megas that could have been, like I said, a planned unreleased line, to go in the previous games. Like heartgold/soulsilver and diamond/pearl/platinum could transfer between eachother added some previously unavailable things (to some).