Pokemon Black/White

(Aug. 18, 2011  6:53 PM)Temporal Wrote: Your stats do not improve until you level. The first two generations had the "Box Trick", where storing and retrieving a Pokemon would factor EVs into Stats, but that was removed in Ruby and Sapphire. Here's the thing, the EVs don't always show up. They pop up en masse around level 40. I EV trained a Torchic in Attack, and once it hit Level 45, it started gaining 9-14 Attack per level up until it was Level 51, I think. They tend to show up randomly, be patient.

Doesn't it become different in black and white? Like they boost gradually?
It is. Read the changes. Does anyone else have an answer?
(Aug. 18, 2011  6:53 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: Personally,I no nothing about EV's,but the only thing I know is that I got to Catch'em all.

Amen to that, I tried to get in the teirs, Ivs, Evs, etc. And It looks like it will take a long time.
In that case, why worry about EVs now? You can use berries to drop the unfavored ones back to 0 later, and simply EV train against Pokemon that give you more EVs per KO. And your response sounded very condescending and rude. Just so you know.
Sorry. I just wanted to see if anyone else had one. But I still need help. I have plenty of ev's left. I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong. Cause my stats sould be rising more often. Yet it takes me like 10 fights to raise my stat by ONE.
Hrm... Like I said, maybe you should focus on leveling first, then try with pokemon that give you multiple EVs per KO. Frankly, I'd be EV training Defense for a Venipede. That IS it's best stat besides maybe Sp. Defense. That might have something to do with it?
thanks. I hope nature doesn't affect ev training.
I don't think it does. Why? Does the nature kill Defense or something?

I still refuse to call my Meguroko "Sandile". I never will. I get the name changed as it evolves, but I just can't keep those lame English names. I tries, I really did. I just can't do it.
For ev training, if i use exp share, are the evs split? Like lets say a pokemon gives out 2 evs. Are the 2 split for each pokemon? Like now they both get 1? Or do they both get 2? Last question.
I'll check again, but I think they may be split.
Yeah, Bulbapedia says they are 'Shared' between the Pokemon. I may have interpreted this wrong, however.
(Aug. 18, 2011  12:22 PM)Ultimate Kcpj Wrote: oh and you can buy a magikarp from someguy on this bridge,I forgot.Get it,train it,Gyarados!

I was talking about wild Gyarados for EV training.

(Aug. 18, 2011  7:39 PM)gurugulu Wrote: For ev training, if i use exp share, are the evs split? Like lets say a pokemon gives out 2 evs. Are the 2 split for each pokemon? Like now they both get 1? Or do they both get 2? Last question.

I think I read on Serebii that EV's aren't split with EXP. Share
I just got my first shiny while training my new Garchomp. I can't believe I have a shiny now. its an Audino by the way and it just turned up randomly when i was training. i didn't want to use a master ball so i used sandstorm. after about 2 turns i realised it was too slow and wasnt going to turn out well. so i used an ultra ball and then i caught it. 0_o

Anyway i now have some rare pokemon to trade if anyone wants them:
Zorua
Charmader
Chimchar
Spiritomb
Onix
Shiny Audino
PM me to order. I have others so just ask for them.

Also if there is a red star near the bottom right of the pokemon summary, what does it mean
That means it is confirmed shiny, last time I checked. It may have changed.
(Aug. 18, 2011  7:12 PM)gurugulu Wrote: Sorry. I just wanted to see if anyone else had one. But I still need help. I have plenty of ev's left. I just want to know if I'm doing something wrong. Cause my stats sould be rising more often. Yet it takes me like 10 fights to raise my stat by ONE.

EVs are now applied immediately after combat, which means you won't see any huge stat increases anymore like in past gens once the Pokémon levels up. So, if you check in between a couple fights, you should notice the stat gradually rising, but once it levels up, all you'll see is the usual increase of +1 to +5 you get normally since the EVs have already been applied.
Once again, its easier to notice this on higher level Pokémon.

Other than that, make sure to keep track of how many EVs you have; how much you get from X pokémon using a certain item/pokérus, etc. I use mostly pokémon with 100% or close appearance rate and I do one stat at a time. Also, once I know how many pokémon I need to beat to get X EVs, I just keep track of it using the PP of moves with 100% accuracy.

In case you need to re-spec, you'll have to use the Dream World to get the EV reducing berries.
So should i ev train a low level pokemon? Cause from what you said, i see results better from high level pokemon. And how come even when i was training my lv. 40 ferrothorn, it had macho brace and pokerus, it wasn't gaining a stat every time? Or do i still need to be at a higher level? It should've been getting 4 evs every battle right?
Hrm...this is why I suggest you EV train against pokemon who dole out 3 EVs a pop. I can't really suggest any off of the top of my head, except Vanilluxe, but I don't think you can find that wild.
i remember my first shiny. i was playin my emerald and i was going to go to rayquaza. (i was young so i had no idea that rayquaza is actually green) wen i got there rayquaza ws black id idnt know it was shiny but my friend who was wit me at the time was like"o my god a shiny legendary". i was kinda dumb back then but i threw a master ball. but the shiny rayquaza was legit.100% real
I found a shiny Giratina once, caught it with a Pokeball...then my brother took out the game without saving or turning it off once I set it down for a SECOND. Of course, my parents go "You can find another one, so stop yelling at your brother!", even after I explained the one-in-about-eighteen-hundred chances.
ya i lost mine wit the shiny rayquaza in it before i could send it to diamon/pearl. man i was soo sad my parents got me a new one but it just wasnt the same without it i still grief over the incident today
My first shiny ever was a tentacool. I had never seen one at the time as I had just got the game that day. So I fought with my fail of a Pikachu and caught it with a heal ball. I also got a shiny legendary...a GROUDON. then my brother deleted my game data Crying I still miss it.
consider your selvs lucky ive never got 1 shiney pokemon except for girydose and events but that was on my platinum and i lost it Angry
I was dumb when i played my pokemon ruby. I had like 3 shinies. I caught them all. I just thought they were normal pokemon. Turns out i am very lucky.
I have never seen a wild shinyAngry
Just proves I have no luck.
Hah, I killed a shiny Wismur on accident in Emerald. Made up for it, though. Shiny Wobbufett and Girafarig in the same Safari Zone trip.