Pokémon Wi-Fi

Garchomp was never an Uber, eventhough some consider it to be so. There are lots of options that is able to still take out a Garchomp.
(May. 24, 2011  10:28 AM)baileykruse Wrote: Garchomp was never an Uber, eventhough some consider it to be so. There are lots of options that is able to still take out a Garchomp.

Yes it was. In the 4th gen games.
(May. 25, 2011  6:44 AM)Pikachu0909 Wrote:
(May. 24, 2011  10:28 AM)baileykruse Wrote: Garchomp was never an Uber, eventhough some consider it to be so. There are lots of options that is able to still take out a Garchomp.

Yes it was. In the 4th gen games.

in 5th its not because of a stat drop even though its still powerful.
Does anyone want to 5th gen battle me ?
(Mar. 20, 2011  11:37 PM)GamerBoy Wrote:
(Mar. 11, 2011  6:08 PM)storm dranzer Wrote: Anybody want to battle? I only have black, because my other games have no Wi-Fi.

Sure, here is my Friend code:
1850-0968-7667
And my file name is: Gamer
I want to battle my friend code is 2537-4806-9526
Anyone wants to battle me? PM me
Gengar-->Lead

Focus Sash
4 Def/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
Levitate

Taunt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast

Foretress-->Physical Wall

@Leftovers
252 HP/ 60 Atk/ 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
Sturdy

Explosion
Gyro Ball
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

Blissey-->Special Wall

@Leftovers
4 HP/ 252 Def/ 252 Sp.Def
Bold Nature
Natural Cure

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Stealth Rock

Gyarados-->Physical Sweeper

Life Orb
156 HP/72 Atk/96 Def/184 Spe
Adamant Nature
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Taunt
Waterfall

Starmie-->Special Sweeper and Spinner

@Choice Specs
252 Sp.Atk/4 Sp.Def/252 Spe
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Rapid Spin

Flygon-->Revenge Killer and Scouter

@Choice Scarf
200 Atk/ 68 Sp.Atk/ 240 Spe
Jolly Nature
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Is this good?
Specs Latios says hello. It can destroy more than half your team, especially in BW thanks to Psyshock. Ice Beam destroys Flygon, Thunderbolt kills Starmie and Gyarados, Flamethrower/Fire Blast kills Forretress, Psyshock/Psychic kills Gengar, and Psyshock can beat Blissey. I realize that with your items, you could probably beat Specs/Soul Dew (If your playing Gen IV, Specs if you're playing Gen V, in which case Psyshock is used) Lati@s, but your team would still take a major beatdown. Try getting a Tyranitar maybe.
I play IV gen
Ga Hooleone which pokemon should i switch with tyranitar?
I switched my lead to an infernape

Infernape@Focus Sash
Naive Nature
Blaze
64 Atk/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 192 Spe

Fire Blast
Close Combat
Stealth Rock
Fake Out
Tyranitar could take the place of Gyarados. It also plays well with Starmie because Tyranitar lures fighting type attacks, which you could switch Starmie into for the resist and then sweep the fighting type. Forretress and Flygon also benefit from the sandstorm, since they are not affected by it, and the sandstorm hurts your opponents. You're playing Gen IV, so you should definitely have Crunch on the Tyranitar because Lati@s (mainly Latios is used, but Latias is still useful) run Soul Dew, making them extremely powerful. Go for a physical attack before the special attack, because Latios can use Recover as well.
(Sep. 05, 2011  6:12 AM)Cucckoo Wrote: Gengar-->Lead

Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Levitate

Taunt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast

@Leftovers
252 HP/ 60 Atk/ 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
Sturdy

Explosion
Gyro Ball
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

Blissey-->Special Wall

@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Natural Cure

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Protect
Toxic

Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Taunt
Waterfall

@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Rapid Spin

@Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Is this good?

Any other threats(GEN IV)

Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Levitate

Taunt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast

@Leftovers
252 HP/ 60 Atk/ 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
Sturdy

Explosion
Gyro Ball
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

Blissey-->Special Wall

@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Natural Cure

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Stealth Rock

Life Orb
Adamant Nature
Intimidate

Dragon Dance
Stone Edge
Taunt
Waterfall

@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Rapid Spin

@Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Is this good?
It could be better
For Blissey intead of stealth rock replace it with ice beam
but if your going off of all entry hazards then stealth rock could work
but you have to be aware of those bulky types that can sweep blissey
Also Gyrados's moveset could be better check out smogon
Otherwise good team

(Sep. 05, 2011  7:15 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Tyranitar could take the place of Gyarados. It also plays well with Starmie because Tyranitar lures fighting type attacks, which you could switch Starmie into for the resist and then sweep the fighting type. Forretress and Flygon also benefit from the sandstorm, since they are not affected by it, and the sandstorm hurts your opponents. You're playing Gen IV, so you should definitely have Crunch on the Tyranitar because Lati@s (mainly Latios is used, but Latias is still useful) run Soul Dew, making them extremely powerful. Go for a physical attack before the special attack, because Latios can use Recover as well.

Is stealth rock necessary ? If it's a lead then you should try to knockout ur opponent as soon as possible. Anyway, what do you think of my adamant altaria with fly, dragon claw , steel wing and ??? With adamant orb . What do you think I should put in?
(Sep. 05, 2011  7:15 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: Tyranitar could take the place of Gyarados. It also plays well with Starmie because Tyranitar lures fighting type attacks, which you could switch Starmie into for the resist and then sweep the fighting type. Forretress and Flygon also benefit from the sandstorm, since they are not affected by it, and the sandstorm hurts your opponents. You're playing Gen IV, so you should definitely have Crunch on the Tyranitar because Lati@s (mainly Latios is used, but Latias is still useful) run Soul Dew, making them extremely powerful. Go for a physical attack before the special attack, because Latios can use Recover as well.

Any recommended set I should use? DD, Curse, what? I appreciate your help so much
Hm, fitting with your team, you might want to use a Lure set. It's pretty interesting. Here is the smogon analysis:

Quote:Name: Lure
Item: Babiri Berry / Expert Belt
Nature: Hasty
Moveset:
~ Stone Edge / Crunch
~ Pursuit
~ Superpower
~ Flamethrower / Fire Blast / Ice Beam
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 240 Spe
This set is meant to bait out and eliminate many of Tyranitar's top counters. Since the types of Pokemon used to check Tyranitar are rather predictable, this Tyranitar can bluff a Choice Scarf and proceed to OHKO or heavily damage whatever comes in on the next turn.

Stone Edge and Crunch are basic STAB moves for Tyranitar, and choosing between them is a matter of choosing what you want to hit. Pursuit is used in tandem with other moves to play mind games with the opponent. For example: A popular tactic with Gengar is to use Protect as Tyranitar uses its first move, and then either attack on the Pursuit that fails to KO or flee from the Crunch. With this Tyranitar, you can fake out the Gengar user by choosing Crunch first, then use Pursuit as it attempts to get away scot-free. Blissey suffers the same fate, as it can easily absorb weak Pursuits, but falls to Superpower.

The last move serves to deter Steel-types. Lucario sets up for free on both of Tyranitar's STAB moves, but Flamethrower will often catch it attempting to Swords Dance on a predicted switch. Fire Blast has less accuracy and reliability, but it allows Tyranitar to 2HKO Specially Defensive Skarmory without Expert Belt. If using Expert Belt, Flamethrower is always the better option. Ice Beam can be used to hit Gliscor and Hippowdon, two common Tyranitar counters, but misses out on Scizor and Skarmory.

Babiri Berry is used to prevent Scizor from OHKOing Tyranitar with Bullet Punch. This means that unless Scizor is running a Scarf set, Tyranitar will always be able to outspeed and OHKO it with Flamethrower or Fire Blast. If using Ice Beam, Expert Belt is always the superior option, as Tyranitar is no longer able to beat Scizor. The EVs are fairly simple. 240 Spe with a Hasty nature allows Tyranitar to outspeed Adamant Breloom and anything below it, such as Adamant Scizor or Metagross. The rest are dumped into Attack, with the leftovers in Special Attack.

Since this set is designed to lure in and eliminate Tyranitar's top counters, it works extremely well with any Pokemon that shares counters with Tyranitar. Aerodactyl is one such Pokemon, as it benefits greatly from the removal of opposing Scizor. Aerodactyl also happens to benefit from Tyranitar's Sand Stream ability, making it much easier to switch into foes such as Heatran. This Tyranitar can also use both Crunch and Pursuit to surprise Gengar, and if it can also take out Gliscor, it makes it significantly easier for Lucario and other Fighting-types to sweep.

On the special side, Celebi and Shaymin work very well with this Tyranitar set. As with Lucario, Gengar can prove troublesome for offensive Grass-types, and Protect variants switching out expecting a Crunch can be eliminated by a surprise Pursuit. This Tyranitar also eliminates common Steel-types, such as Skarmory and Scizor, which have a quad-resistance to Grass and carry super effective Brave Bird and U-turn respectively.

I recommend Stone Edge over Crunch in this case for additional coverage with your team since you're already running Pursuit (which will most likely be double power in the case that you use it, since you should stone edge the first turn, then pursuit the second turn against a Protect Gengar (if they switch into Gengar after you kill something with Ttar, then it's definitely a Protect Gengar.), and therefore should be enough power.), and Flamethrower unless you're looking to beat special defense skarmorys, in which case you should use Fire Blast with a PP Max applied. Ice Beam is covered by Flygon who can destroy Hippowdon and Gliscor, allowing you to predict the attack and then proceed to sweep.
(Sep. 06, 2011  5:58 AM)powerangeryan Wrote:

Is stealth rock necessary ? If it's a lead then you should try to knockout ur opponent as soon as possible. Anyway, what do you think of my adamant altaria with fly, dragon claw , steel wing and ??? With adamant orb . What do you think I should put in?

You're using Altaria because it's catchable in BW... It's not that good otherwise. Altaria is RU for a reason, but it does well in that tier. Seeing how we don't play tiered battles (only Ubers aren't allowed), Altaria might not do too well. You could try to run a bulky DD user, but your set is pretty bad. You already have enough sweepers, so do NOT use an adamant altaria. Get a careful nature altaria, and try this set:
Quote:Name: Bulky Dragon Dance
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Careful
Moveset:
~ Dragon Dance
~ Roost
~ Dragon Claw
~ Heal Bell / Safeguard
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 176 SpD / 64 Spe

This set aims to use Altaria's natural defenses to gain multiple boosts before sweeping with a reliable move. Dragon Dance and Roost are the crux of this set, allowing Altaria to set up and heal. Dragon Claw is chosen over Outrage as it is much more reliable, not forcing Altaria to be locked in or become confused. In the last slot, Heal Bell is reliable to heal status that Altaria may take while setting up, but has problems with low PP. Safeguard has much higher PP, and can protect Altaria and its teammates from status for five turns. It can't get rid of a status that's already there though, making it a bit risky. Altaria mostly sets up on Fire- and Grass-type Pokemon here, but can also do so on Fighting-types that lack Stone Edge or even Water-types with low Special Attack, as Altaria can actually heal off their damage by using Roost on an incoming Ice Beam.

I recommend safeguard over heal bell in your case since it has better PP and should altaria die, your next member will most likely have some status protection that it can use (the opponent may even forget that it is there, and waste a turn). Plus it allows you to set up and heal without worry of Spore, Toxic and other very annoying status inducing moves.
this is my new casual team

scizor@choice band
techician
abamant
248 hp 252 atk 8 spd
u-turnbullet punch
super power
pursuit
well this is my offensice sweeper,u-turn to keep the momentum up and force swiothes on my opponent.bullet punch for stab and priority.super power for steeel types and pusuit for latios and latias coverage.

verizion@leftovers
justified
timid
252 sp atk def sp def 252 spd
calm ming
giga drain
sacred sword
hidden power (ice)
virizion is just great.a special wall and if you add calm mind you get 1 hell of a sweeper.calm mind is for the boost,giga drain is for revcovery,focus blast for stab,and hidden power ice to counter flying tyes who wouldnt normaly be effected againts the other moves.

jellicent@leftovers
water absorb
calm
252 hp 4 sp atk 252 sp def
scald
will-o-whisp
recover
energy ball
jellicent my fire counter,well not just that it can counter alot and break down bulky pokemon with toxic.surf is for fire types and it gets stab.
recover is to well...recover my health back.energy ball to counter grass types.

heatran@air ballon
flash fire
calm
244 hp 44 sp def 220 spd
torment
earth power
hidden power (ice)
lava plume

basic tourmant tran set tourmant to stop the use of moves,protect to add cover subsitute to create a little wall and lava plume to kill them with.

rotom-w@choice specs
levitate
modest
252 hp 252 sp atk 4 spd
trick
volt switch
hydro pump
hidden power(ice)
basic set trick to screw pokemon with the choice specs,volt switch for scouting,hydropump for fire resistance,and ice hp for ttype coverage

salamence@life orb
intimidate
naive
252 atk 4 sp atk 252 spd
dragon dance
outrage
earthquake
fire blast
mence is plain beast,d-dance to boost my already great atk and spd,outrage for stab,fire blast for steel types and ice coverage,and earthuakes just plain good.

Focus Sash
Timid Nature
Levitate

Taunt
Shadow Ball
Thunder Bolt
Focus Blast

@Leftovers
252 HP/ 60 Atk/ 196 Def
Relaxed Nature
Sturdy

Explosion
Gyro Ball
Spikes
Toxic Spikes

Blissey-->Special Wall

@Leftovers
Bold Nature
Natural Cure

Softboiled
Seismic Toss
Toxic
Stealth Rock

Tyranitar-->Physical Sweeper

@Expert Belt
252 Atk/12 Sp.Atk/240 Spe
Hasty Nature
Sand Stream

Stone Edge
Pursuit
Superpower
Flamethrower

@Choice Specs
Timid Nature
Natural Cure

Surf
Ice Beam
Thunder Bolt
Rapid Spin

@Choice Scarf
Jolly Nature
Levitate

Outrage
Earthquake
Fire Blast
U-Turn

Is this good?

Yes, yes it is. And since omega's got that Heatran looks like I'm not the only one here using tormentran anymore. Although, your descriptions contradict your changed movesets omegazero.
Wait am I allowed to switch this set? I don't feel comfortable. Maybe a DD?
Tyranitar@Babiri Berry
Jolly Nature
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Sandstream

Dragon Dance
Rock Slide
Crunch
Aqua Tail

With 252 EVs in Attack and 252 in Speed, Tyranitar hits 604 Attack and 364 Speed after a DD
Yeah, a DD set could work too. So long as you have a Ttar with appropriate moves, you should be fine. It's all good. Smile
(Sep. 07, 2011  4:06 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Yes, yes it is. And since omega's got that Heatran looks like I'm not the only one here using tormentran anymore. Although, your descriptions contradict your changed movesets omegazero.

oh yeah sorry this uis from my serebii rmt thread and with school i havent been given much time to edit...
I happen to have a new RMT XD. This set has been very wonderful. I would appreciate it if you take the time to look over the team and tell me any threats I am weak to!

Dragonite@Lum Berry
56 Atk/ 248 Sp.Atk/ 204 Spe
Mild Nature
Inner Focus

Draco Meteor
Extreme Speed
Flamethrower
Superpower

This set eats havoc for breakfast. Draco Meteor shoots up to that crazy STAB 210 Base Power move along with 328 Special Attack to at least burn off half an opponent's life. Extreme Speed cleans up anything that was weakened from Draco Meteor, and the -2 Special Attack doesn't disrupt Extreme Speed's Power. Flamethrower is for Scizor who can't really do anything to Dragonite. Flamethrower is strong enough to decimate other Steel types as well such as: Skarmory (2HKO), Metagross(2HKO), Magnezone(2HKO), etc. Superpower is for coverage against Tyranitar.

Note: The 204 Spe EVs let me outspeed other Dragonite Leads.

Magnezone@Choice Scarf
4 Atk/ 252 Sp.Atk/ 252 Spe
Naive Nature
Magnet Pull

Thunder Bolt
Hidden Power Fire
Flash Cannon
Explosion

Magnezone has great synergy with Dragonite. Dragonite takes the Earthquake's and Fire Blast's shot towards Magnezone, and Magnezone is capable to take Thunder Bolts and Ice attacks dealt to Dragonite. Thunder Bolt is a strong STAB 142 Base Power attack and can kill the Skarmory's that manage to escape Dragonite's wrath. Hidden Power Fire will take out Scizor, Metagross, and other Steel Types caught in Magnet Pull. Flash Cannon finds Tyranitar's Achilles Heel and Explosion is for the Blissey I switch into.

Weavile@Life Orb
4 HP/ 252 Atk/ 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
Pressure

Ice Shard
Brick Break
Pursuit
Night Slash

Weavile will hunt those Dragons down. Ice Shard falls the legendary Salamence and others in the Standard ennvironment. Brick Break is for the Steel, Rock, Dark, Normal, and Ice types including Blissey, Tyranitar(most notably), and other Weavile's. Pursuit catches Azelf, Gengar, Starmie, and others who switch. Night Slash is for STAB.

Forretress@Leftovers
252 HP/ 66 Atk/ 192 Def
Impish Nature
Sturdy

Gyro Ball
Rapid Spin
Toxic Spikes
Spikes

Forretress has been my choice over Skarmory for a long time. He has only one weakness, which is Fire. Heatran takes care of that weakness like a boss. 90 Attack is respectable and Gyro Ball hits the unfortunate Tyranitar and others for miles. Rapid Spin takes away entry hazards. Toxic Spikes and Spikes can stack up in damage.

Heatran@Leftovers
252 HP/ 56 Sp.Atk/ 200 Sp.Def
Calm Nature
Flash Fire

Flamethrower
Earth Power
Stealth Rock
Will O Wisp

Heatran+Forretress=Awesome Synergy. Heatran can take Fire attacks from Forretress and breath a nasty STAB Flash Fire boost Flamethrower. Earth Power is for Heatran and Magnezone. Stealth Rock for support and WoW for reducing Attack.

Togekiss@Leftovers
252 HP/ 188 Def/ 68 Sp.Def
Modest Nature
Serene Grace

Thunder Wave
Nasty Plot
Heal Bell
Air Slash

HaxKiss is something I remember long ago. When I just started playing Competitive Pokemon, I battled against this crazy Togekiss with Paraflinch. It 6-0d my team. That's why I love Togekiss. She has Thunder Wave to have 25% chance the opponent can't move. Air Slash has a 60% chance of flinch thanks to Serene Grace, and Togekiss is guarenteed to go first with Paralysis. Nasty Plot increases the STAB Air Slash power and Heal Bell Is a support move for status.
(Sep. 07, 2011  4:06 AM)GaHooleone Wrote: Yes, yes it is. And since omega's got that Heatran looks like I'm not the only one here using tormentran anymore. Although, your descriptions contradict your changed movesets omegazero.

I hate those kinds of heatran....
What u guys think of my Stoutland(Sandstorm sweaper)
Stoutland @ Choice band
4 hp/252 atk/252 speed
Admant Nature
Sand Rush
255 happiness

Return
Retaliate
Crunch
Fire fang

I prefer to use this over excadrill as it has a move with 140 base attack plus STAB if a pokemon that u had just fainted.
I know. I stalled you in our PO battles 3 times, remember?

And Retaliate is a revenge kill, I assume? Pretty nice. The coverage is okay.

But wait! OVER Excadrill? What is this blasphemy?
(Sep. 11, 2011  11:02 PM)GaHooleone Wrote: I know. I stalled you in our PO battles 3 times, remember?

And Retaliate is a revenge kill, I assume? Pretty nice. The coverage is okay.

But wait! OVER Excadrill? What is this blasphemy?
I know u think I'm crazy. It just somehow works better for me.