Pokémon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

(May. 09, 2009  1:28 PM)Pikachao Wrote: It's not much to brag about when you can just use action replay or another cheat device to be honest.

kind of is since they're statisticaly different. any pokemon created using a cheat cartridge will be at the lowest stats possible for it's breed and level. basically, theyre carp. really hoping the music is a rework of the originals.
I never had either, I has Crystal. XD I'll prolly go for Silver, assuming it still has Vulpix and it's pretty much my life mission to get a Vulpix. XD Mind you.....gold is such a pretty, warm colour......
(May. 09, 2009  7:01 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: kind of is since they're statisticaly different. any pokemon created using a cheat cartridge will be at the lowest stats possible for it's breed and level.

You realise you can make codes to edit stats with cheat cartridges? kthx.
(May. 09, 2009  7:17 PM)Pikachao Wrote: You realise you can make codes to edit stats with cheat cartridges? kthx.

whats the point. yeah, you can enter codes to instantly win games, but it makes you a total idiot for paying £30 for 4 hours of gameplay.
(May. 09, 2009  7:45 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: whats the point. yeah, you can enter codes to instantly win games, but it makes you a total idiot for paying £30 for 4 hours of gameplay.

Odds are most of the people using all those codes aren't exactly paying for the games.

I honestly can't wait for this....so excited.
(May. 09, 2009  7:45 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: whats the point. yeah, you can enter codes to instantly win games, but it makes you a total idiot for paying £30 for 4 hours of gameplay.

I didn't say it was a good idea.

You said that you can't use cheat cartridges to get Pokémon with high stats so they're no good, and I told you otherwise. =]
I can sort of see where people who hack Pokemon are coming from, considering the convoluted process you have to do to get any of them at decent stats, let alone actually obtaining some of the event-only stuff.
(May. 09, 2009  9:27 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I can sort of see where people who hack Pokemon are coming from, considering the convoluted process you have to do to get any of them at decent stats, let alone actually obtaining some of the event-only stuff.

couldn't the process thing be said for any rpg though?
(May. 09, 2009  9:32 PM)dieddead46 Wrote: couldn't the process thing be said for any rpg though?

No. There are HUGE differences.

1. Most RPGs aren't multiplayer competitive games.
2. In Pokemon, you have to breed insane amounts to get a Pokemon with decent IVs.
3. In most RPGs, to get stronger you just gain levels and choose your own direction. In Pokemon, the enemies you fight determine your growth, so you must fight the same enemies repeatedly.
4. I don't think Final Fantasy has ever had an "event only" party member. Grin
(May. 09, 2009  9:33 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: No. There are HUGE differences.

1. Most RPGs aren't multiplayer competitive games.
2. In Pokemon, you have to breed insane amounts to get a Pokemon with decent IVs.
3. In most RPGs, to get stronger you just gain levels and choose your own direction. In Pokemon, the enemies you fight determine your growth, so you must fight the same enemies repeatedly.
4. I don't think Final Fantasy has ever had an "event only" party member. Grin

This is why I never enjoyed the 'competitive' side of Pokemon and actually most games. it just takes the fun away from it for me.
(May. 09, 2009  10:06 PM)Khel Wrote: This is why I never enjoyed the 'competitive' side of Pokemon and actually most games. it just takes the fun away from it for me.

I wish single player Pokemon had a "hard" setting. Unhappy
Really? I actually find the difficulty setting just right. However that's probably attributed to the fact that I'm pretty bad at games; which is odd considering I've always loved them.
Never really thought about that before. How would they make it harder though? D= Just higher levelled Pokémon or making them harder to get or something? Seems fine the way it is......
Well, the AI in Pokemon is awful. Just, completely unbearably terrible. It pays no attention to type matchings or anything. You can get through the game with one high-level Pokemon because the AI doesn't know anything.

If you honestly find Pokemon challenging you are truly awful at games.
I don't think it's challenging lol. But I'd never raise only one Pokemon so I hadn't really noticed that it would still be so easy with just one. Confused
I've found my runs focusing on one or two Pokemon to be far easier than ones where I've tried to build a balanced team.
I don't think I could ever bring myself to do that........I always obsessively build a balancedish team and even raise the Pokémon I have no intention of using. Confused
(May. 09, 2009  10:08 PM)Bey Brad Wrote: I wish single player Pokemon had a "hard" setting. Unhappy

Now that would be a challenge worth going against. That also makes games a lot more interesting to play.
[Image: 153743t.jpg]

Aww man Unsmith
It's weird to see it in the D/P style, it's also neat to see your starter follow you.
Woah, that looks really good Grin The following thing is probably like the yellow version.
(May. 10, 2009  12:28 AM)Crimson Wrote: [Image: 153743t.jpg]

Aww man Unsmith
It's weird to see it in the D/P style, it's also neat to see your starter follow you.

OMG! I can have Totodile follow me ?!?!

Sweeeet.
Soul silver has just been added to number 1 on my Must buy video games list.

Aww man Unsmith

That actually looks, amazing! Your rivals at the window again! Damn, that takes me back. Wonder if you can still mystery gift to get surfing pikachu for your room?
god damnit i have to buy this

Aww man Unsmith

Oh carp that looks pretty cool.

Just when I thought I wasn't interested in Pokemon anymore, they release awesomeness. Lol.

Also Chikorita following you is awesome. xD