Pokémon Soul Silver/Heart Gold

^Haha I hope he does, Totadile is my second favorite Pokemon, This game should be really good but it could be my last Pokemon game I will buy as I don't think I will be seriously interested in it for the new games.
i think i'll go with cyndaquil.

this should help me with completing the pokedex on platinum Smile
(May. 11, 2009  2:00 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i think i'll go with cyndaquil.

If I recall correctly you can get all the johto starters' second form (i.e. quilava) from colosseum, purify and trade them to a GBA game and then breed them to obtain Johto starters.

Sounds like more effort than it is in my opinion, just saying there are other ways, so you could choose whichever you want. ^^
(May. 11, 2009  2:00 PM)Guitar_Legend Wrote: i think i'll go with cyndaquil.

Same here. I've always chosen the fire starter, in all the games. lol
(May. 11, 2009  3:08 PM)Roan Wrote: Same here. I've always chosen the fire starter, in all the games. lol

I thought I was the same but then I remembered I didn't choose torchic. Looks too girly. (ironic as starters have a 1/8th chance of being female D=)

Also, sceptile has a christmas tree for a tail so he was too awesome to miss out on:

[Image: 254.png]
(May. 11, 2009  7:26 AM)Jezz1 Wrote: im not sure about his name, but he is in some of the Pokemon Chronicals episodes. the Raikou ones if im not mistaken. Also your rival in it is Paul from D & P episodes, which is kinda strange.
i believe he was called jimmy. he had the same voice for goku in DBZ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3k4V2UYwIo

btw they created pokemon chronicles for what reason?
(May. 11, 2009  3:42 PM)pegasis Wrote: btw they created pokemon chronicles for what reason?

Here's the lowdown on nintendo as it stands...

1. Create new Pokémon Series
2. ???
3. PROFIT!
The Rival isn't Paul, it's Silver, unsuprisingly. And the Hero is Gold. It works the same way as the first games with Red and Blue being the hero/antiheroes. Right?
(May. 11, 2009  3:53 PM)Rocky Wrote: The Rival isn't Paul, it's Silver, unspurisingly. And the Hero is Gold. It works the same way as the first games with Red and Blue being the hero/antiheroes. Right?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Silver_(anime)

Can't find a page saying "Gold" for the anime...

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Jimmy_(Johto)

Also, isn't paul from sinnoh?

Unless you guys are talking about a Jimmy/Paul I don't know about? D=
Well obviously you give them your own name. But that's who the character sprite, etc, is based on. :3

^ Stop editing your posts! Pinching_eyes_2
(May. 11, 2009  4:00 PM)Rocky Wrote: Well obviously you give them your own name. But that's who the character sprite, etc, is based on. :3

By based on, you mean the "anime version" of them? Usually the anime comes after the games, or it did to begin with. After that nintendo began mixing it up because they were creating the series and games at the same time. (e.g. togepi showed up in the anime before GSC was out)
Blah, you know what I mean. Whichever way they go around, somebody's based on someone. I was talking about the manga though.
[Image: CrossCanon.jpg]

That's the way things work out.
Silver (The rival from G/S) never appeared in the anime, he never got a name other than Silver.
Gold was Jimmy in the anime (but Gold everywhere else)
carp it, i'm getting this too, even though i would have preferred to have the original 151 pokemons only
i haven't played a pokemon game since blue was released (i was 10 haha), so i won't know the names of 100 of the pokemons lol

btw you can still have fun playing it casually right? i don't feel like breeding pokemon and battling competitively, i just wanna play the single player
(May. 11, 2009  4:45 PM)SK Wrote: btw you can still have fun playing it casually right? i don't feel like breeding pokemon and battling competitively, i just wanna play the single player

Um duh, this is how most people play it dude. lol
oh, i thought most pokemon players were super serious "breeders" like ichida lol
when are these games actually gonna come out in England roughly?
Probably next year or if 2011 but I doubt it coming out so late, but do we even have the Japanese release date?
(May. 11, 2009  5:15 PM)cutewolfsam Wrote: when are these games actually gonna come out in England roughly?

Probably early-mid 2010.
(May. 11, 2009  4:23 PM)Crimson Wrote: [Image: CrossCanon.jpg]

That's the way things work out.
Silver (The rival from G/S) never appeared in the anime, he never got a name other than Silver.
Gold was Jimmy in the anime (but Gold everywhere else)
when did barry appeared in da anime?
I really hope they don't put the contest things into these, they are so boring and pointless.

Typhlosion is the best last stage for a starter pokemon.
Quote:even though i would have preferred to have the original 151 pokemons only

You know about fire red and leaf green right? Or just straight up RBY gen? =P
I know lots of people that only consider the first and occasionally second generation to be true Pokémon actually...

I was ashamed when I went into a Pokémon convention (people playing cards/games) playing my copy of blue and a load of eight year olds said I had a fake game and that it wasn't Pokémon etc. and laughing. Clearly they were never around for the original games and so never thought that the graphics would have been like that and didn't have any concept of what Pokémon used to be like... ='[

Quote:I really hope they don't put the contest things into these, they are so boring and pointless.

I found them to be relieving for a fun little while but I'm glad they implemented them in R/S/E and not GSC. I consider R/S/E to be a different type of game to be honest. It doesn't have the nostalgia.
(May. 11, 2009  7:27 AM)Bey Brad Wrote: This is one of the things that really allowed Pokemon to take off the way it did, I think. Kids really did feel like they were Pokemon trainers in their own adventure, rather than guiding another character.

I think having customizable trainers would be good to further the idea of them being their own Pokemon trainer on an adventure. Pokemon Battle Revolution had this feature, except without the adventure part lol
(May. 11, 2009  9:10 PM)Kei Wrote: I think having customizable trainers would be good to further the idea of them being their own Pokemon trainer on an adventure. Pokemon Battle Revolution had this feature, except without the adventure part lol

Well the sprites are generally tiny. Only in D/P/Pl and to a lesser extent R/S/E has this been possible whatsoever.

I don't think the feature is really needed, I like the cliché way peoples' characters are represented almost exactly alike. Sort of brings Pokéfans together.

By the way, did I mention I wanna be the very best?
Like no-one ever was. *nod*
(May. 11, 2009  7:22 AM)Raykon Wrote: Your only Ash in Pokemon Yellow aren't you ? Who is the guy in Pokemon G/S/C ?

Ash technically doesn't exist in the games. Since he is an anime character. He's heavily based upon the character of Red from the manga, just that Red is actually a good trainer. And like only two (possibly more) Pokemon games have ever been based on the anime (Puzzle League, and Snap IIRC)

(May. 11, 2009  3:44 PM)Pikachao Wrote: Here's the lowdown on nintendo as it stands...

1. Create new Pokémon Series
2. ???
3. PROFIT!

This is a pretty bad post.

Pokemon Chronicles is the English name of the anime specials that aired durring Pokemon Sunday (the live action variety show where Soul Silver, and Heart Gold were announced). Some celebrate holidays, special game events, or the release of new spinoff titles.

I know this, and I don't of myself as a Pokemon fan (I've only ever beaten one of them, lmao).

BTW- Soul Silver and Heart Gold hit Japan this fall. Expected it to hit North America in the Spring of 2010. I'm not sure how the UK is going to fair though.