[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Ahh, fair enough I guess :C

Mmm, true, but it's not quick enough, and it has pretty meh grip :C
So Driger F's Shaft can fit perfectly into Bearing Core perfectly, if that is legal Grin
Yeah, with shafts and casings, if it fits it's legal. Haven't tried it myself, Dranzer s's sg free shaft ver casings are lower, and whilst taller casings would prevent the sides of dragoon v2's bases bottom openings scraping, the result is generally too tall to be useful.

Oh, if you're referring to the hms bearing core, disregard the above, it would be illegal.
hsh, nah meant the Burning kerberous one.
and Dayum, BK's Bearing Core fits into Wolborg's Bearing Base perfectly O.o
It fits into most things quite well, it's narrower than other bearing parts. Still, the only time that's really useful (where it's not better to use it's own base or something else completely) is putting Wolborg 2's shaft into bk's shaft, and then that into dragoon v2's base, allowing two bearings with the rubber tip, and being slightly lower than Wolborg 2's casings.

Just got my first order of plastics (from 3 months ago) from Dusty!!!

Including Grip Attacker, Hasbro Bistool, Phantom Force MDBS, Draciel MBD, and a White Gabriel G!

I shall now RAMBLE!

Okay, so first thing I did was try Grip Attackers Base. I can see why it earned it's reputation, there is absolutely no comparison between storm grip and Grip Base, the latter is just a level above. It's on par with Uriel 2's tip, they have similar surface area etc.

10bBistool, on the other hand, only impressed me with how well it flew through the air. I guess it isn't meant to handle attack, but man, nothing on a proper compact for that. I can see how it worked in hasbro stadiums and such, but ugh.

That said, I can see it doing well, if, say, it's in a hasbro stadium against an uncustomised dranzer V2...

It's not a bad combo at all, and I may well keep it together, but it is not the godly be-all-and-end-all combo it is too often made out to be. Beywiki's "how to beat 10bBistool" section is probably the most accurate part of the discussion, seeing as it is very weak to decent attackers (in cases where fully-focused compacts would have a significantly better, if still unfavourable chance), and zombies.

White Gabriel G's AR isn't bad by any means, but I can see why it has more recoil than it's non-SAR'd TT counterpart (mine is not here yet, but yeah), at least in right spin. I can also see why it was so popular despite being larger than the other common choices, given it's shape in left spin. I will have to try something more comparative with War Lions AR and SAR versus Twin Horn (Hasbro) with War Lion's SAR at some point, but I actually really, really like it, as long as it's in left spin.

I think I will go customise and play a little more, these are just first impressions, and I have more parts to play with :3

Oh, also Voltaic Ape is one of the coolest looking beys ever. Jus' sayin.

Couple of notes: Draciel MBD's base is quite good, a pleasant surprise, and Bearing Stinger's shaft just falls out of Burning Kerberous's Casings, much like Wolborg 1's. I should now have all of the Bearing SG's, bases, and shafts, IIIRC, so I should be able to work out some kinda compatibility table or something when I have time.
Wow, MDBS's shaft is basically identical to Wolborg 1's, in shape, angles, etc...It's got a tiny bit more plastic at the top, methinks, but that's it...

Also, just like Wolborg 1's shaft, it doesn't stay properly in wolborg 2's casings.
Also, there are two different molds of Driger V2's SP... one has plastic joining the outer edge to the centre the whole way around, the other has tips that are not directly connected. I might stick to using the former, and but the others somewhere safe.

And White Gabriel G's SAR is different to Guardian Drigers.

Also, White Gabriel G coming with a left SG and Metal Semi Flat CEW was a really nice surprise, as I'd totally forgotten about that :3
And still having trouble doing anything reliably against that combo LeeDraciel posted (after winning the recent UK Plastics Tourney), that thing is crazy.

And still liking the SAR version of Twin Horn, with War Lion's SAR. If the original is better, I can't wait.

EDIT: Ugh, of all combo's, getting consistent wins against LeeDraciels Wolborg 4 thingo with 10bBistool. Decent stamina compact should do it... I need to tweak some stuff.

EDIT 2: Oooh, I like metal ball base. I need to try it against some other stuff, but it does nicely against a lot of things.
(Nov. 29, 2011  11:53 AM)th!nk Wrote: Also, there are two different molds of Driger V2's SP... one has plastic joining the outer edge to the centre the whole way around, the other has tips that are not directly connected. I might stick to using the former, and but the others somewhere safe.

And White Gabriel G's SAR is different to Guardian Drigers.

Also, White Gabriel G coming with a left SG and Metal Semi Flat CEW was a really nice surprise, as I'd totally forgotten about that :3

Hehe! I found the SAR quite fragile... Mine came broken OOTB(this has happened to me thrice), but I have seen my friend's SAR break too easily. Surprisingly, Bump King broke his Gabriel's SAR... LOL!

OK, I was thinking- As for Twin Horn, that AR is supposed to produce a good amount of stamina. But the recoil....
I managed to get a Fantom Grip base spin around for about two minutes. Twin Horn has its own domain. No wonder, it actually improves the performance of the other parts its being used with. As you said, it is not as good as the variety of other options, but yeah! As for left spin, you wouldn't be surprised with the results! Brilliant performance. It won't suffer from recoil, usually. But if it does, then the effect is major! So, its risky IMO. I seem to like two-sided AR's more now, hence the love for Sonic Tiger, Panther Claw, and this one. I know the number of contact points are more than two, but yeah. Tongue_out
I've been playing around with Sonic Tiger+10 Balance+Neo Right SG+Fantom Grip...
It manages to lift certain EG beys, but that's been quite rare. I don't know if I would be experiencing Upper Smash or not, as Fantom Grip is quite tall... Whenever it gets underneath, an almost negligible Upper is produced... The AR has a decent slope, but the gaps in between are BAD...
Ugh, of all combo's, getting consistent wins against LeeDraciels Wolborg 4 thingo with 10bBistool. Decent stamina compact should do it... I need to tweak some stuff...

And there we go, metal ball base Grin I need to try it against some other stuff, but it does nicely against a lot of things. I am becoming quite fond of this part.

Mmm, well, fantom grip isn't a bad base, but it and storm grip don't touch Grip Base (Grip Attacker).

It's a shame Gabriel's SAR is fragile, it's very pretty.
Well, but it shouldn't have abnormally high stamina endurance. Smile
2 minutes with Fantom Grip was an achievement for me! Otherwise, I never saw it get even a minute on the clock. Smile
Also, those BBs (Grip Base/Storm Base] are top notch attack parts. Fantom doesn't really get much movement, IMO. Its also quite tall according to me, probably the reason why it hasn't been registered for a good Upper Attack part.
Honestly, Fantom Grip and Storm Grip have really similar movement. Grip Attacker and Uriel 2 are very similar, and a class above those two.
Storm grip is really not that great. Especially when worn like mine it literally can't do anything.
Well, looking at my Fantom BB, I have to agree with Ultrablader...
Mine hardly moves, and believe me, I've hardly used it(hence no wearing down of parts)...
Grip Base and Uriel 2's base are extremely good, as you said. But I fail to agree that Fantom Grip moves around...
Maybe its with my launch, as there have been various people who used Fantom Grip as a substitute, but as of now, I find even the Metal Sting Base(a bit worn) move faster.
I would count it as a part inferior to Storm Base.
So,
Uriel 2=Grip Base > Storm Base > Fantom Base.
Just to make sure you realize I was talking about the base from Dragoon S right?
Yes, the base from Dragoon S is what I was referring to. Smile
Considering that Storm Grip even wears down extremely fast, its movement seems to reduce after quite a few battles... So, only NIB ones would hardly make a difference IMO. Otherwise, Storm Grip isn't quite viable now...
Oh, it's still a perfectly good base. You just go through tips like crazy.
Maybe I need a new storm grip to fully appreciate how good it is. Sonokong version here I come!
(Nov. 29, 2011  4:52 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: Maybe I need a new storm grip to fully appreciate how good it is. Sonokong version here I come!

So do I!
@th!nk- Are you perfectly sure that Customize Grip Base (that's what its know as, no?) from Dragoon V2 isn't counted as a powerful attack base? Or by Grip Base, you refer to Dragoon V2's tip?
The rubber part on the dragoon v2 base isn't suited to attack.
(Nov. 29, 2011  4:58 PM)Ultrablader Wrote: The rubber part on the dragoon v2 base isn't suited to attack.

This would beg to differ.

I don't have one myself, as yet, but that seems plenty proof for me that it can be used successfully, considering she won the tournament using it in her main bey.

jan: I am referring to Grip Attacker's base. Dragoon V2's base isn't traditionally seen as a hugely useful attacker due to it's height, but there are obviously uses (see above). I will make up my mind on Customise Grip Base when I get one, but to be honest, I doubt it approaches [Uriel 2's] Customise Grip Change Base's tip, and that is the kind of speed you need for success against strong defensive combo's (though correct combo choice is generally a far more useful weapon).

Ultra: Yeah, it may take a little wearing in, and you have to launch it seriously hard to get it to work. If only the two best rubber attack tips weren't so darned pricey/rare.

Don't trouble yourself.

However, compare the width of the tip's contact surface to that of Uriel 2's or Grip Attackers? Smaller or even?
Woah, the two holes in the base of Draciel MBD can hold two more ball bearings very securely. Admittedly I haven't launched it, but they fit perfectly (and there are small holes in the top side of the lower part of the base to poke them out), and I'd be extremely confident in their integrity, as they sit deep in there.

This also results in a bey 1g heavier than HMC+Metal Change Base/SG Semi Flat can produce, at 15g (versus the HMC+Base result of 14g).

I am not sure what it would mean for balance, but as the weight is less centrally focused than an HMC, it shouldn't be that bad in that sense, and these two metal balls sit perpendicular to the others, so that may help balance?

To be honest, it seems intended to me, but I doubt that would be okayed, considering the 2 sets of balls thing already pushes it. Still, this is something I'd have loved as a kid, and I'd love to see it be given a thumbs up.
Uriels is wider than DGV2 although no exact measurements.

I'd say that Driger S' BB is better for compacts still.
Metal change base is more versatile, but the standard 10 heavy+ HMC setup falls short of a few targets for stamina.

Plus, mbd's weight, whilst still compact, is not so central, allowing better stamina.

You do lose a lot of attack power using it, and metal change base has a movement pattern I love, but yeah.

Is DGV2's tip closer to dragoon f's then?