[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Sep. 20, 2014  5:34 PM)FT-Sprite Wrote: So I just ran some tests on parts and combos for Stamina-based blades I threw together. And the puzzling thing for me, in spite of the results, the combo with the lowest spin time outperforms all of the others that have a higher spin time. How does this even work?

Testing and performance results: (Warning: I only do 3 test runs, and 3 battles per performance test to save time.)
Spin time results:
Battle Performance Results:
I honestly have no idea how this logic works, outside the WBO Combo being a total tank.

Just because a Beyblade spins longer by itself doesn't mean it will do better in battle.
Plus WB4 has great endurance due to the shape and self winding EG.
*For future Reference, it was called Endurance in Bakuten Shoot, not Stamina. The term Stamina was first coined with Metal Fight Beyblade.
(Sep. 20, 2014  5:40 PM)Neo Wrote:
(Sep. 20, 2014  5:34 PM)FT-Sprite Wrote: So I just ran some tests on parts and combos for Stamina-based blades I threw together. And the puzzling thing for me, in spite of the results, the combo with the lowest spin time outperforms all of the others that have a higher spin time. How does this even work?

Testing and performance results: (Warning: I only do 3 test runs, and 3 battles per performance test to save time.)
Spin time results:
I honestly have no idea how this logic works, outside the WBO Combo being a total tank.

Just because a Beyblade spins longer by itself doesn't mean it will do better in battle.
*For future Reference, it was called Endurance in Bakuten Shoot, not Stamina. The term Stamina was first coined with Metal Fight Beyblade.

He could also do some more rounds, three rounds per battle isn't enough.

As for the long spin time thing, it's the same when people thought BGrin was good just because it spun 7 minutes maximum with Phantom, and I agree with you here.

Heh I like the term Endurance overall and I use this for Metal Saga too, it just sounds better IMO, just like how I love the term "blade" than "bey" but I'm getting off topic, sorry.
(Sep. 20, 2014  5:40 PM)Neo Wrote:

Spin time results:

Mmm.. True enough, I suppose. It is just a little bit off for me, but I'll tinker with some more parts to really see and get a feel for how to most effectively use parts.

As for Endurance vs Stamina vs whatever... I just use Stamina, given that it still encompasses everything. As does Survival, which I am trying to get used to using.
There's not much off about it, really.
When two beys are involved, they completely interfere with each other's motions; whatever a bey happens to excel at when going solo is irrelevant.
Anyhow, standard Endurance is worthless compared to a good zombie.
(Sep. 21, 2014  7:46 AM)Neo Wrote: Anyhow, standard Endurance is worthless compared to a good zombie.

Guess what happens when a pure survival type faces a zombie...
does it make any difference if i use raiden or zinrai, as a substitute for hayate. or is there some mold difference between these blades. i don't know if there is a difference, due to hayate being the attack ring that is listed on competitive plastics.
It shouldn't do as long as they're the same brand.
(Sep. 21, 2014  7:01 PM)Captain Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2014  7:46 AM)Neo Wrote: Anyhow, standard Endurance is worthless compared to a good zombie.

Wouldn't it depend on which direction they're spinning? If they are both spinning in the same direction the pure Survival type will win, but if they are spinning in opposite directions isn't it really anyone's game, edge zombie?

At least that's what I've gathered from MFB Standard format, and while that is not the same as Plastics, the basic matchup mechanics should be similar, right?
(Oct. 02, 2014  1:39 AM)Wombat Wrote:
(Sep. 21, 2014  7:01 PM)Captain Wrote:

Wouldn't it depend on which direction they're spinning? If they are both spinning in the same direction the pure Survival type will win, but if they are spinning in opposite directions isn't it really anyone's game, edge zombie?

At least that's what I've gathered from MFB Standard format, and while that is not the same as Plastics, the basic matchup mechanics should be similar, right?

Not necessarily.
Material, being plastic, matters. Shapes do as well, and the weight.
I just gotta say that Bistool Ar on right spin zombie is awesome.
(Oct. 05, 2014  2:06 AM)Dark_Mousy Wrote: I just gotta say that Bistool Ar on right spin zombie is awesome.

The wider the WD; the better. Plastic helps too; the Shape of MGWD works in great Synergy with (Wing Cross (?).
Let's talk Driger V2 for a moment:

Upper Claw [AR] & Upper Attack [SAR] obviously have perfect synergy together and have the most blatant and pronounced upper attack design in plastics.

They're 2 of my favourite parts, and I've used them in a few different combinations with CGB, HMC, Wide Def, 10 Heavy etc.

(From what I've seen, MC Frown favoured the 10 Heavy combo with CGB, maybe because it leaves more of the slopes available and it allows higher RPM.)

When it works, it makes for some flashy and outstanding Stadium Outs.

But the thing is, from personal experience against compacts/zombies/attack types, the actual success rate of this has so far been slim, 25% perhaps.

The reason I'm posting this is because the Driger V2 article needs updating, and I'd like other people's experiences with the upper attack prowess using Upper Claw and Upper Attack.

Thanks
(Oct. 16, 2014  3:42 AM)V2 Wrote: Let's talk Driger V2 for a moment:

Upper Claw [AR] & Upper Attack [SAR] obviously have perfect synergy together and have the most blatant and pronounced upper attack design in plastics.

They're 2 of my favourite parts, and I've used them in a few different combinations with CGB, HMC, Wide Def, 10 Heavy etc.

(From what I've seen, MC Frown favoured the 10 Heavy combo with CGB, maybe because it leaves more of the slopes available and it allows higher RPM.)

When it works, it makes for some flashy and outstanding Stadium Outs.

But the thing is, from personal experience against compacts/zombies/attack types, the actual success rate of this has so far been slim, 25% perhaps.

The reason I'm posting this is because the Driger V2 article needs updating, and I'd like other people's experiences with the upper attack prowess using Upper Claw and Upper Attack.

Thanks
I share the same experiences.
It's hit or miss; but that's how it is almost stock.
Personally, I use Wide Survivor or W Defense. Survivor works well for rotations and endurance, but add an HMC for the added Force. But that's just me.
It's the best stock plastic beyblade yes but I don't think anyone intended to say it's amazing. Of course it will lose to Zombies and Attack types. Metal Flat 2 can't handle it at all though.
I'm not really sure how that's relevant to my question about whether people have found the Upper Attack works well though.
Sorry missed that bit. Upper attack isn't considered top tier anymore though.
Yep, I know that, my aim is to find out whether the AR & SAR actually serve their purpose well enough, in people's opinions.
@V2 Driger V2 doesn't have a sub attack ring, I'm assuming you're talking about the SP Tongue_out

And, if memory serves, I found V2 useful but not amazing. The upper attack is the best in the plastics gen, and it is still nich to some extent.
(Oct. 17, 2014  8:56 PM)Poseidon Wrote: @V2 Driger V2 doesn't have a sub attack ring, I'm assuming you're talking about the SP Tongue_out

And, if memory serves, I found V2 useful but not amazing. The upper attack is the best in the plastics gen, and it is still nich to some extent.

Haha, whoops, SP, absolutely XD.

Just weighing up whether it's worth saying/fair to say in the article that it has the best upper ability of the gen.
I always found Upper Dragoon to be effective, just trying to weigh up which one people think is superior.
(Oct. 17, 2014  8:56 PM)Poseidon Wrote: @V2 Driger V2 doesn't have a sub attack ring, I'm assuming you're talking about the SP Tongue_out

V2 gave SP DF and Customize Grip Base. So it's good. Most useful bases IMO.
Anyone have photos of sharp Driger V2 tip?
(Oct. 19, 2014  3:15 PM)V2 Wrote: Anyone have photos of sharp Driger V2 tip?

only from the tip? i can post a picture in 5 hours Smile
(Oct. 19, 2014  3:30 PM)|BeyBouncer| Wrote: 5 hours is too long. Tongue_out
[Image: 6885355902_05f33cf0c0_z.jpg]

Are you sure?
That looks like mine. Mine is a Metal Change one, so.