[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Putting the tip of seaborg's base into it upside down is legal now. Takara version is probably better for it as it lacks that cutaway section, tho.
Yeah, I've read this, but the sharp side of Seaborg's tip slips through Wolborg's bearing case and I fixed it with tape around the sharp end.
And that's not legal, right? :\
Nope, the tip isn't a separate part, so using it in anything other than its own base is illegal. Why can't you use the base it came with?
Ah, okay, I thought it is maybe possible to attach the tip somewhere else.

It was just an idea to get something equal to Grip Change Base without having tip&spin gear.
Seaborg's base mod is of course great to use, but without the possibility to add SPs.
So Customize Grip Base's design is close and with Wolborg's casing it has a good height compared to the original one (and works pretty well) Joyful_3

But okay, thanks Smile
So has anyone pulled a rare beyblade's bit chip as a mystery bit chip?
There are a limited selection used as secondary bitchips as far as I know. Trygle is sometimes one of them, referring to your other post about it.
So you can't get stuff like Zeus or dragoon GT? There wouldn't happen to be a list of them is there?
Nope, keep in mind that there were only the four GT beys and they were all released with a second version of their own sticker in the case of Zeus/Gigars or their predecessor's sticker in the case of Dragoon/Dranzer GT.

No list, sorry, there are quite a few, mostly from the earlier bit chip boosters. I generally know if I've heard of something being used as one before but I don't think I know enough to put together a list and be happy posting it.
hey is this illegal, the ball bearings fit in the draciel perfectly and can be removed easily by unscrewing the base so 6 ball bearings in total, and also the dragoon tip is fitted on the outside, it fits nice into the bottom although I do remember that not all dragoon-s could do this

http://sta.sh/012n63mx9iwe

http://sta.sh/01nf0tt6kt8m

http://sta.sh/0nlsvopirgo
Any thoughts on the defensive capabilities of Roller Defense Ring?

I intend on making a SG Metal Ball Base weight-based defense combo, which I know is typically outclassed by Customize Change Base, but it's really just a nostalgic throwback to Anubis' idea.

Any other effective ARs recommended other than Tiger Defenser?
And a shamefully noobish question, but would weight-based defensive customs require same spin or opposite spin as the opponent?
It's one of the better defensive ARs, but a bit fragile at the joint near where the rollers start, and if you're using SG Metal Ball Base you'd be much better off going with an AR that has some form of aggression to it, as that+slightly heavier weight for KO launching are the main benefits it has compared to CMCB - you can take a look at the plastics CC list for what works in terms of defensive AR's, generally Smash Turtle is the way to go with weight based defense, especially if you're using SG MBB.

As for Roller Defense Ring, best way to use that is on Wolborg 4's base and CEW part, rock bison's EG and a 10 Heavy, the resulting combo is pretty broken if you use it right tbh.
Cheers th!nk, extremely helpful as always!
I've noticed that the beywiki article talks about the higher aggression of the SG MBB compared to CMCB, is that referring only to gattyaki/KO launching, or general performance in the stadium?
AW CRUD, now i've confused myself. Is CMCB referring to Driger V2s customize base?

Wolborg 4 Circle Survivor defence combos and Grip-Based defence (wolborg 2's bearing version 2) combos tick me off for different reasons:

Circle Survivor: Sponges everything and gets dull ;_;

Grip Based Defence: I get uber anxious about whether the rubber tip has gotten past the pointy grippy stage and moved on to aggro
It's generally a more aggressive tip/base overall (the tip shape and the weight distro make it more aggressive, basically), however CMCB can still be used aggressively if you have enough practice with it. And yes, CMCB is Driger V2's Customize Metal Change Base.

Circle Survivor beys are extremely dull to play against, I agree. It's like playing against basalt bd145cs again, and the combo I mentioned is a particularly strong example of that (heck it's even shaped pretty similarly and overpowered in very similar ways).

As for grip based defense, aggression is usually not a big problem unless the tip is catching in the base, and honestly it can be useful when dealing with things like spiral change base. Tip wear doesn't create particularly dangerous issues for them overall, for the most part IMO.

That said, Weight Based Defense generally tends more towards balance than actual defense, aside from the crossover area with compacts they tend to be noticeably easier to KO than the above, but for the most part are much more versatile.
A living encyclopedia of bey-knowledge, thanks th!nk
When you say that weight based defence combos are easier to KO than the above, were you referring to compacts, or other defence types?

Started with plastics and never played anything beyond the early HMS stage, so I'll take your word on basalt bd145cs!
Compared to other Defense types - Circle Survivor Defense combos are also generally pretty heavy anyway, so they generally handle lighter attackers about as well as weight based defense, which kinda leaves weight based defense without a real place on the pure defensive spectrum.
At the risk of sounding like a broken record, thanks th!nk
It would be cool to have tests of those big Fake weight disks just for lolz & yolo's XD.
People are welcome to do so, if they are willing to take the risk.
(Feb. 02, 2014  4:18 AM)DRAGON KING Wrote: It would be cool to have tests of those big Fake weight disks just for lolz & yolo's XD.
I bought two fake plastics a while ago, they had very large, circular weight disks. I was battling in the cafeteria against my friend and one of the disks literally shattered, with pieces flying everywhere, including into some of my food...
Anyway, I'm sure there are other "models," but the ones I got were very fragile.
Do you have pictures? I am assuming those are some of the particularly poorly made Gyro Super copies, which do shatter like that with ease. Main place I got those was in like 6 beyblade sets with two bases to go between them and a launcher grip, usually painted, and yeah, those things are extremely dangerous. Some of them were better, generally unpainted and more solidly built, have a few of those too. Then there's my green one which seems to be made of iron, which is the same shape but sorta like the "heavy" to the "balance" of the originals in terms of how it was filled in. That thing was a beast in the playground.

I assume Dragon King is talking about what we used to call "sunfire" weight disks, which had blades or large geometric designs. Those things used to have a tonne of recoil, and most of us, even being as er "liberally-minded" part legality wise as we were outright refused to play against them (mostly due to their reputation of breaking beyblades, but also because we took one look at the giant mass of metal blades and said "nah mate that looks like bullcarp to me.")

Ahh, memories.
I only have the blade base of the fake Dragoon V. I gave the other fake parts away for free, and the weight disks...well they were in pieces, so I had thrown them out.
(Feb. 02, 2014  9:08 AM)th!nk Wrote: I assume Dragon King is talking about what we used to call "sunfire" weight disks, which had blades or large geometric designs. Those things used to have a tonne of recoil, and most of us, even being as er "liberally-minded" part legality wise as we were outright refused to play against them (mostly due to their reputation of breaking beyblades, but also because we took one look at the giant mass of metal blades and said "nah mate that looks like bullcarp to me.")

Ahh, memories.

Do you recall the numerous angelfire fansites recommending gluing razor blades to the AR and BBs?
Good times...
The wiki article for Defense type beyblades:
http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Defense
recommends the use of Wide Defense as the WD of choice for weight-based defensive combos, despite it being reputed as a light WD that excels in smash attack combos. What's the reasoning behind it that i'm missing?
Light? Where did you see the word light associated with wide defense?
(Feb. 03, 2014  3:45 AM)Dual Wrote: Light? Where did you see the word light associated with wide defense?

The fact is that it is relatively light.
15g is the same as 10 balance, lighter than 10 heavy, and under the broad assumption that 10 sided WDs are generally superior to fwer-sided WDs, it's one of the lightest of the entire family.

If you'd like a more specific quoted example "It is lightweight and the little weight it has is focused around the perimeter of the Beyblade." [source: the wide defense article]