[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

uuh..sadly...mmm..i thought it looks like Uriel with the tip is a part of its SG..
thanks for the info..
and sadly Hasbro changed Uriel 2 AKA Strike Capricorn G 's BB into a carp gyro gear.. Unhappy
who knows its material might be better then Takra;s fragile gold browninsh plastic..
TBH i can see grip attackers BB doing well for attack types, i recived mine but it had no rubber Uncertain. Plastics are lacking attack type bases here all the viable ones
Dragoon v2s
Grip attackers
storm grip base
SG metal flat 2
Uriel 2
TBH metal tips arent that usefull, to easily caught off balance, and storm grip base sucks so the "best" are dragoon v2 uriel 2 and grip attacker.
How about Uriel one..?it has potential too..it is fast too if i remembered..(i broke mine few months ago..but the SG with its rubber tip is still with me)
Not really its way to tall and the spikes are really thin on the BB. Its just like th!nk said a mirror dragoon V
Uhhh, metal tip bases are great bro. SG Metal Flat 2 is fantastic, and using Driger F's shaft in other bases (heck, even in its own base at tmes) produces excellent results, albeit requiring practice.

Dragoon F's base is also perfectly decent for attackers. IIRC out of the G and GT series, Dragoon GT's Turbo Left EG and the right CEW produced good results. I want to play around with Dranzer V's base in attack mode a little more, despite it's height issues.

You could, in theory, use SG Metal Change for attack, though it is at heart a balance base, it can still work very nicely.

That said, there aren't that many viable defense or stamina bases either, when you think about it.

I personally wish they had made an SG Metal Flat 2-tipped base with SP ability. Currently the closest useable thing with SP is probably what I described.

And as I said, I've been getting better results with storm grip lately, apparently grip attacker is very similar to storm grip performance wise, and sg metal flat 2 is better than most of the other bases you've listed, as is driger F's shaft in the right combo.
Im not keen on them tbh i prefer rubber attack bases, much more rawpower generally.
Now youve said that it got me thinking how many useless plastics were made.
TBH, I get far more "power" out of driger F's shaft than I do any rubber base (outside of Uriel 2). They are a little harder to use, but seeing as I was used to using them in MFB, it wasn't too big a jump.
Driger Fs an exeption for me. When i get my dragoonn v2 im gonna have one heck off a combo Tongue_out
Driger F's SG/BB?
Meh, out of control for me XP

Btw, Dranzer V2 AR, has some serious attack absorber skillz.
(Oct. 01, 2011  10:40 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: Driger F's SG/BB?
Meh, out of control for me XP

Control is overrated IMO. With practice you can learn to keep any tip in the stadium but that's bout as far as it goes with some of the most aggressive ones.
Yeah, it's much easier to use in Tornado Attack. Being too lazy to master a tip does not make that tip any less valuable, it just makes you less skilled.

Does anyone else have Dragoon GT's AR and is willing to try it out, I'd be interested in others opinions.
I have and wling to use it..XD...haha
test it with what?but i will be using MFB attack stadium though.. Uncertain
I'd like to see it tested in a standard smash attack combo, preferrably a low one as the AR has some upper attack ability as well. I'm using:
AR: Dragoon GT
WD: 10 Wide (Wide Defense would likely work too)
SG: Left SG
BB: Storm Grip (launch hard, of course, to get movement).

And test it against probably a top tier grip defense combo.
(Oct. 03, 2011  4:57 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Th!nk, my dragoon s are all badly done in, s ill try phantom grip base...

If you have a Customize Grip Base from a Dragoon V2, it would probably work better than Phantom Grip Base.
Not sure the condition of mine yet XD might be really worn down. Its coming to me.
(Oct. 03, 2011  10:07 PM)Hazel Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2011  4:57 PM)Poseidon Wrote: Th!nk, my dragoon s are all badly done in, s ill try phantom grip base...

If you have a Customize Grip Base from a Dragoon V2, it would probably work better than Phantom Grip Base.

Don't underestimate phamtom grip, it's overshadowed by it's predecessor but it is still a formidable base. Not sure on customise grip, but iirc it's slightly taller than phantom grip, and in this case phantom grip is already a touch too tall for my liking.

May end up testing it myself, if I work up the enthusiasm at some point.
(Oct. 05, 2011  9:32 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Oct. 03, 2011  10:07 PM)Hazel Wrote:

Don't underestimate phamtom grip, it's overshadowed by it's predecessor but it is still a formidable base. Not sure on customise grip, but iirc it's slightly taller than phantom grip, and in this case phantom grip is already a touch too tall for my liking.

May end up testing it myself, if I work up the enthusiasm at some point.

Ah. I didn't realize you had such a specific height in mind. Typically, Customize Grip is favored over Phantom Grip - it's a bit faster, and has the capacity for SP.
'Sok, but yeah, as G Upper has upper attack slopes, the lowest possible base is best in this case to test it's full potential as an AR, and though comparative tests with eight spiker can be used to eliminate other factors , their different diameters etc could result in different effects with the SP of customise grip interfering in that Smile

I always feel sorry for Phantom Grip. It's so unloved, and it's really quite a good part.
Dragoon F aint though Tongue_out ^^
God damn storm grip base is gonna be etinct, i have 3 and there all burned up Serious
Hah, one person doesn't make it "popular". It's a classy looking bey though, a bit more "toyish" than most beys, but that's not a bad thing :p

In the early days, when the rules were looser, there was apparently a takara "customisation guide" kinda book, which included a solution for that well known issue (basically turn it upside down and glue it in place or something). Doubt it would be legal now even if I bothered buying said book and getting someone to translate, given originally the rules were so loose that *any* spinning top could be used.

I may end up stocking up on sonokong dragoon s's just for the rubber, left casings would be handy too... Hmmm...

Notes: r0ckbull drew my attention to said guide, can't remember who told me about the early days of beyblade... Cye maybe? Whoever it was, my apologies Tired'
Wow, i can actually feel im getting a way more power full launch with metal grips and trigger !!