[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

Dammit McFrown, I lol'd.

I don't have Wolborg 2 yet, but I personally dislike Weight Based Defence, it's just so meh. Not enough stamina to survive most things.
The Upper/Smaah Attack combos I like seem to KO it anyways.
(Aug. 01, 2011  6:40 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: SG Bearing Ver. 2 beats it in every way imaginable

i do like bearing core 2 but i just think its slightly risky with the agressiveness ...
What sort of Stadium are you using? A mint SG Bearing Ver. 2 shouldn't be that aggressive if you launch into the centre. Also, Bearing Core 2 is a totally different part, just so you know.
I still think it's rediculous to use SG Metal Flat 2 for OHKO combos whatever MC Frown says.
(Aug. 06, 2011  11:17 PM)♥ Wrote: What sort of Stadium are you using? A mint SG Bearing Ver. 2 shouldn't be that aggressive if you launch into the centre. Also, Bearing Core 2 is a totally different part, just so you know.

tornado attack ,mind it a fair bit worn mine though i think i might get a new one sooner or later.
Got uriel yesterday. One thing:

The base can fit any bearing sg into it. Yeah, the spikes make it pretty eh for that, but it can fit sg free shaft ver+ full auto clutch (driger f) shaft, which could be handy for smash attack.

i ahev uriel 2 coming, looking foward to seeing how crazy fast it is !
@ think: tryed it, and one of the wings broke, its pretty fragile.
Here's a combo I'd like someone to try.

AR: Genocide Circle (Death Gargoyle)
WD: Wide Attack (RB 8)
SG: Neo Right
Core: Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2 (Strata/Gaia Dragoon V)

vs

AR: Triple Wing (Trygle)
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right
Core: Heavy Metal Core (Metal Driger)
BB: Storm Grip (Dragoon Storm)
Don't get your hopes up. Very few people are gonna have both Genocide circle and wide attack. Also why test attack vs attack?
Fine add Wide Defense instead also I guess you could put it against a top tier plastic defense and stamina combo.
Poseidon: ooh, yeah, good point Confused

UltraBlader: add to that list a good storm grip, that attack combo wouldn't move on mine.

@akylus: second attack combo shouldn't have an hmc, it'd just slow it down. I can test the genocide circle combo without wide attack when I'm done the tiers list testing, though I doubt it will be any good.

Is there actually a wide attack wd? pics would be nice.
I think i have oe on my volcanic ape unpainted but im not sure.
Dragoon V has the exact same effect, but i dont wanna use it because it looks awesome.

@akylus21: Use my other thread, plastic reqests
Dragoon V is in the other spin direction though, which people seem to forget Tongue_out

Had another look at death gargoyle, really don't see any attack potential, but I'll give it a shot, though as I said, I don't have wide attack (though tbh, wide attack looks terrible so yeah).

Sorry, should have said in the other spin direction, which i did give a shot at but could bring myself to launch full speed...
Ahaha, I understand Smile A few parts in the V Series are awkwardly thin, though Driger F's AR epitomises the "why is this so thin I mean srsly takara" thing.
Driger V is pretty decent, ive never owned a dranzer v fora random reason so i dont know.
Hey I was just wondering how does Dragoon V2's bottom fair compared to Storm Grip Base and any other attack bases?
Is Semi Flat supposed to be good in compacts because it gets destroyed when I use it as one.
(Sep. 13, 2011  10:44 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Hey I was just wondering how does Dragoon V2's bottom fair compared to Storm Grip Base and any other attack bases?
Is Semi Flat supposed to be good in compacts because it gets destroyed when I use it as one.

Comparably, Dragoon V2 is a suitable alternative if Grip Base/Storm Grip/Uriel 2's BB(which likes to break anyway) are not available. It also has exceptional function for other customs, once the tip is removed.

Semi-Flat is inferior to Metal Ball Base/SG Metal Change for Compacts, iirc. Metal Ball Base with 2 sets of balls for endurance, 1 set for longer survival. SG Metal Change is better if you want a bit of attack potential/more of a Balance-type Compact.
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:17 AM)Hazel Wrote:
(Sep. 13, 2011  10:44 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Hey I was just wondering how does Dragoon V2's bottom fair compared to Storm Grip Base and any other attack bases?

Comparably, Dragoon V2 is a suitable alternative if Grip Base/Storm Grip/Uriel 2's BB(which likes to break anyway) are not available. It also has exceptional function for other customs, once the tip is removed.

Semi-Flat is inferior to Metal Ball Base/SG Metal Change for Compacts, iirc. Metal Ball Base with 2 sets of balls for endurance, 1 set for longer survival. SG Metal Change is better if you want a bit of attack potential/more of a Balance-type Compact.

addition..if compared to storm grip base..i believe storm grip base will do better..
V2's rubber tip is made up of hard type rubber..less friction as the result..still..pretty easy to K.O. by pure attack/upper attack combos..
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:24 AM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Sep. 14, 2011  5:17 AM)Hazel Wrote:

addition..if compared to storm grip base..i believe storm grip base will do better..
V2's rubber tip is made up of hard type rubber..less friction as the result..still..pretty easy to K.O. by pure attack/upper attack combos..

Yes, I was specifically talking about if Storm Grip/Grip Base were not available for use, that Customize Grip Base would be an acceptable alternative. If the former two are available, you should absolutely use them unless you have a sentimental/collection reason not to, in which case, more power to you - just be aware that it is going to reflect upon your Bey's performance negatively.
Just recieved driger v2, its good , but i dont see anything worthwhile, IE its too calm, cant see how it really "dominated" throughout the tournaments, if anything they must have been really worn. The SP i havent gone into fully, i'm getting a uriel 2, looking foward to using it but it looks awesome, it'll be hard to use... One other thing is the breakage issue, a 12 year old kid can't really afford it breaking. What breaks exactly, the clips? Or the actually BB ?
Probably the clips. appened countless of times when i still had my plastics.
Also any actual testing going on? or are plastics just that hard to get?
(Sep. 14, 2011  9:22 AM)KaizerMFB Wrote: Probably the clips. appened countless of times when i still had my plastics.
Also any actual testing going on? or are plastics just that hard to get?

Did you actually have uriel 2 though? Because the way everyone says its broken it sounds like its done !

Also Ive looking into compacts, metal change base sucks, so i took it off the what to buy in plastics, also SG metal flat base 1 (driger V) seems pretty good from what i looked into.
Yush, I remember having Uriel 2, and Gabriel. Fun days!
ah great about Driger V. Totally newb suggestion, but anyone think of making a few plastic articles?