[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

AR: Smash Turtle
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: HMC Right
BB: SG Metal Base Base

Could beat it. Also, my attacker is just heavy, fast, and round at the bottom, which is why it would be so resistant.
DANGIT. I would've had that there had I ordered my SK Draciel S in time, urgh.
That said, there's always that risk of OS, so would it handle that?

Guess now we're here, you may want to mention your attacker, Deikailo, because it IS quite unconventional.
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:57 PM)th!nk Wrote: DANGIT. I would've had that there had I ordered my SK Draciel S in time, urgh.
That said, there's always that risk of OS, so would it handle that?

Guess now we're here, you may want to mention your attacker, Deikailo, because it IS quite unconventional.
Yes, wide survivor along with four metal balls help. It OS's a lot.

My attacker? What about it? I posted the combination in the winning combos section.
I think Driger V2 is wasted with Customise Change; using a rubber or metal flat tip is a much better way of exploiting both the size and power of the AR and SPs.

Deikailo; one of the Defense customisations I brought was:

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball (4 Metal Balls)

I've used War Lion as well, and Driger V2 with an aggressive Base absolutely mauls it. I haven't tried Smash Turtle, though.

(ugh, times like these makes me incredibly thankful for mfb naming conventions!)
Guardian Odin had done some tests on Smash Turtle and for whatever reason, not many of us could beat that custom.

Crimson used your defense combo as well. Grin
(Jul. 18, 2011  5:37 AM)Deikailo Wrote: For Plastic's Not Dead:

My attacker (used majority of the time):
AR: Great Dragon
Sub-AR: Screw Zeus
WD: Wide Survivor
SG: HMC Left
SP: Survivor Ring
BB: Customize Grip Base

Great Dragon is quite rare, and not exactly that well known, I think we mentioned it here as having potential (I personally didn't think much of it), and I'm guessing Zeus's SAR helps that. Survivor Ring isn't commonly seen for attack AFAIK, and Customise Grip doesn't seem that popular for attack either. Even Wide Survivor isn't the first choice for smash attackers.

This is from my limited knowledge of plastics, but all of it seems rather unusual Tongue_out I'm mainly focused on the AR though, seeing as we were talking about it earlier.
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: What combo/base did you use, Ultrablader?

It's been mentioned maybe a high grip attacker (which Deikailo used) might work. I only got in one round against it with my attacker (Triple Wing/10 Wide/Right MWC/SG Metal Flat 2), and got KO'd late in the match Unhappy

I mean, I guess that would probably be the best option, but it's kind of a shame, I like SG Metal Flat 2's ability to not only KO, but kill the opponents spin and then outspin them.

I used:

AR: Trygle
WD: Wide Defence
BB: Gaia Dragoon V
Great Dragon and Screw Zeus looks awesome together, haha; I've experimented with it before when I was a kid, but I've never been a fan of this sort of Attack.

I'm curious as to why you picked Wide Survivor for both of the two customisations you've mentioned so far, instead of Wide Defense?
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:08 PM)♥ Wrote: I think Driger V2 is wasted with Customise Change; using a rubber or metal flat tip is a much better way of exploiting both the size and power of the AR and SPs.

Deikailo; one of the Defense customisations I brought was:

AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right HMC
BB: SG Metal Ball (4 Metal Balls)

I've used War Lion as well, and Driger V2 with an aggressive Base absolutely mauls it. I haven't tried Smash Turtle, though.

(ugh, times like these makes me incredibly thankful for mfb naming conventions!)

Maybe a metal flat would be nice, but personally I found it won so many battles by OS that customise change is fine, and it DID KO from the centre a number of times. Plus, I like metal change tips. That said, RockBull mentioned someone back in the day using Driger V2 with a rubber tip with great success.

dei: Wouldn't Upper Dragoon work for that defence combo too?

Also, we were discussing Smash Turtle earlier too. You should hang around here more often! Tongue_out
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:15 PM)Ultrablader Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: What combo/base did you use, Ultrablader?

It's been mentioned maybe a high grip attacker (which Deikailo used) might work. I only got in one round against it with my attacker (Triple Wing/10 Wide/Right MWC/SG Metal Flat 2), and got KO'd late in the match Unhappy

I mean, I guess that would probably be the best option, but it's kind of a shame, I like SG Metal Flat 2's ability to not only KO, but kill the opponents spin and then outspin them.

I used:

AR: Trygle
WD: Wide Defence
BB: Gaia Dragoon V

There ya go. Metal Flat is too easily KO'd. I was using a very similar combo Tongue_out
(Jul. 18, 2011  1:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Deikailo: IT DOES BOTH Crying

God damn, <3. Can we fix it's article to mention that it's a ridiculous beast? Seriously, what the hell can you do against it?
Anything heavy enough to survive it's Upper Attack seems to get outspun, and I don't think Wolborg 2's tip will do much against that kind of upper, even with cross survivor. Apparently an uncustomised Driger S does okay, but considering he KO'd AND OS'd my compact, and didn't lose to very similar combo's in the finals, would mean no HMC or anything for Driger S, which is silly.

Bluezee mentioned that the SCB combo can work against it, but that's relying on avoiding it's hits as best as you can, which isn't something I'd like to be dependent upon.

The worst part, was that he'd told me he was using it before the tourney, and I wrote it off as an easy win as I'd read the article! AAAAAUUUUGGH!

OMG. Did Bluezee really tell you this? Such a jerk lmao. You can use SCB however you want to and kill Driger V2. With Weight Disk Attacking, it makes it easy for SCB to win even when launched soft or hard. He just enjoys watching SCB just torture my Driger V2 at low spins lol.
He mentioned various methods of beating it with SCB, though I still don't know how it escapes KO's from Driger V2? Any ideas?

But yeah, I love SCB, always have, probably always will, ahh well.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:19 PM)th!nk Wrote: dei: Wouldn't Upper Dragoon work for that defence combo too?
Possibly, but that's more of an attack AR. Smash Turtle is defense. It's also significantly heavier.
(Jul. 18, 2011  2:15 PM)♥ Wrote: Great Dragon and Screw Zeus looks awesome together, haha; I've experimented with it before when I was a kid, but I've never been a fan of this sort of Attack.

I'm curious as to why you picked Wide Survivor for both of the two customisations you've mentioned so far, instead of Wide Defense?
Life after death? Also, centrifugal force.
Really? Upper Dragoon is usually recommended by beywiki Confused

Still, there we go: Smash Turtle: Underrated defense part!
What does SCB stand for?
Spiral Change Base.
I am not sure if this has been discussed yet, but a while back, many of us were promised that we would discuss the ban on the hidden spirit beys once a plastic tortament was held.

...we just had one...where is the discussion? unless i am in the wrong place for talking about this, then i apologize. If that is the case, ignore everything below.

1) They aren't a threat to the metagame so why are they banned?

2) As long as one doesnt put the actual "spirit" on the bey it is a perfectly normal beyblade.

3) People have compalined that the bey is 4-layer, making it irregular. However the very 1st beys were the same; Bit chip - attack ring - weight disk - blade base (no spin gear)

4)Banning he entire bey hinders customization. At the least, make certain parts like the Attack Rings legal for tourney use.
I used Cross Griffon at Plastic Resurrection without any issues. There are no parts that I have tested from hidden spirits that are game breaking or should be considered unfair.
Committee are discussing it.
Basically, to fill everyone in, I pushed it to the point of it probably getting quite irritating, but apparently made some very convincing arguments (the system of griffolyon and salamalyon being a simple 4-layer system, them being released later than zinrai/hayate/raiden, and the fact salamalyon was released independently). I also found a post from Brad (albeit before the rules were written) saying that the AR's should not be banned.

The committee are, as usual, quite busy, so there has not been a decision yet. Hopefully, there will be one soon. However, let's not get too pushy, I've probably worn Kei to the point of exhaustion over it.

As of now, apparently salamalyon is tournament legal as it got a non-hidden spirit release. It's useless, but hey, it's something.

Honestly, I don't think many people would have a problem with the AR's at least being used.
It was never a game-breaking/fairness issue though. Just a matter of tournament legality. Brad seemed to recall it may have been mimicking Takara/Hasbro's position at the time, which isn't great for the "legalisation camp" but yeah.

They'll announce it when a decision is made.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fr7OqrNqCcY
In that video it seems that Othors has a carp load of smash , i think it would do well in attack customs has there been any testing on it?
All I'm seeing is lots of recoil, and it's only KOing a high-recoil, sharp tipped opponent (though it is a bearing core, the high recoil AR is the main point). Note that after hitting it loses a lot of stamina? Recoil.
Hah , ok but beat does that and it is a top smasher , oh well it looks really nice as well IMO.
And Flash Leopard looks like it could be equal to Driger S , but has anyone actually tested this?
i could do some just put the combo you want in my new thread i think i should put something like that on the front page
(Jul. 19, 2011  12:15 PM)RustyXD Wrote: Hah , ok but beat does that and it is a top smasher , oh well it looks really nice as well IMO.
And Flash Leopard looks like it could be equal to Driger S , but has anyone actually tested this?

I mentioned Flash leopard for compacts already.