[Plastics] :: Random Thoughts/Parts Discussion Thread

(Jul. 22, 2011  6:32 PM)th!nk Wrote: I don't want to close this thread. It serves it's own purpose, that is a general plastics discussion. It is nice to have for discussing interesting plastics stuff, that isn't necessarily top tier.

For me there aren't problem!
For now i will open the new Thread,then mods can do what they want.
Also your idea to let this open is good Smile,it could be useful to talk with less "scientific" vision about Plastics! Smile
Exactly!

Speaking of which, back onto this kinda thing:

How does trypio's AR (flying defense) do in left spin? Stability wise, how does that affect it?
(Jul. 22, 2011  6:46 PM)th!nk Wrote: Exactly!

Speaking of which, back onto this kinda thing:

How does trypio's AR (flying defense) do in left spin? Stability wise, how does that affect it?

The Hasbro version or the Takara version?
Whichever one you have info on, I've got one of each on it's way Tongue_out
Well, Trypio is one bey I know about(Well, I knew about it before, dunno if my info would be kinda 'outdated'. So please bear with me.)
Even I had both TT and Hasbro. The TT one can just fly, and has those 3 contact points, which IMO, do nothing.
The Hasbro one is competely circular. So, it can be used against spin stealing beys. So, yeah!
Also, this AR is easy to destabilize. So, use some BB that prevents this. Probably a low height BB would be great.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
Lol, I know what it is. But I'm just wondering what happens when it's in left spin Wink

With the airflows and all that being all wonky.
(Jul. 23, 2011  12:04 PM)th!nk Wrote: Lol, I know what it is. But I'm just wondering what happens when it's in left spin Wink

With the airflows and all that being all wonky.

Well, I never knew about air flow(I was too small when I owned it, and played with it) but I think I used the TT one for whopping flights, and Hasbro Flying Defense(left spin) for defeating right spin stamina/endurance types...
Basically, I'm going to use one on a trygle base, which will be extended. Don't ask why. Basically, is left spin gonna make it even more horrible than it would already be?

Also:
Actually, my Dranzer GT EG +Wolborg 4 Base + Dragoon GT CEW combo, with Tiger Defense and Wide Survivor, has actually been murdering my attackers the few rounds I played today. :\ Guess lower EG winding probably helped. It's got a huge weight and rubber grip at it's tip, so I guess it's firmly planted? The reverse EG does whatever it does, it can be wound at the start to decrease aggressive movements, other than that it does very, very little, Sometimes seems to spin when you lose grip, which seems to kinda stop the combo.

Yeah, it's probably luck today, but it's still a cool combo to use with the spare EG you have from making the ideal Turbo Left EG setup (Turbo Left EG + Metal Semi Flat CEW), if you have those parts (or if you lose all of the useful parts :\)

Not posting in the top tiers thread for obvious reasons, but it is quite neat, and seems to be able to OS SG Metal Flat 2. :\
Flying Defense is quite bad. You can get it to win in some circumstances but I'd never use it personally. Also, if you want to have fun, sand the little nubs off of Trygles jumping part SG (The ones that let it lock in place). Proceed to put it in Customize Grip Base and use with Upper Attack SP or w/e you want for lolocity.
How does Seaborg's BB do , it looks like an RS so shouldn't it have great defense?(I think it is Seaborg i am talking about).
it has great defense..just that it loses spin too much because the rubber tip isnt like the RS..RS has hard type rubber while seaborghas sot type rubber...has better grip than the hard type rubeer i suppose..but yeah..it gets outspin..
Yeah. If you check over at the tier list discussion, we've explained why it's tier two. Remember, SG Metal Flat 2 is top tier attack (and quite popular). Seaborg's base can't OS it. Still, it's not a bad part.
(Jul. 23, 2011  5:50 PM)Mc Frown Wrote: Flying Defense is quite bad. You can get it to win in some circumstances but I'd never use it personally. Also, if you want to have fun, sand the little nubs off of Trygles jumping part SG (The ones that let it lock in place). Proceed to put it in Customize Grip Base and use with Upper Attack SP or w/e you want for lolocity.

Ahahah, I may do that with my spare one I have coming. Basically the thinking was, my left spin trygle base zombie KO-er is let down by it's appalling balance. Flying Defense may help this, and the height keeps flying defense out of the way.
Ehh, hoping something more in-line with it's proportions will magically make it suck less, ahah. In right spin, I'd have more hope of it doing decently with it's shape and lift and whatever, but yeah.
You could always try Smash Turtle or w/e the big one is.
I will when it gets here (being sent by poseidon when he gets back). Still, eeeh.
Hey one combo to try that's fun.
That big Kid Draciel AR/Wide Survivor/Sharp
you could also use SG Sharp w/ a Normal Right SG but it's not as good or cool.
I don't even have sharp/SG sharp Crying IIRC I have an SG Sharp coming, ahah.
i find that bearing core 2 is risky because it moves aggresievely at the beggining this makes me think whats better grip or weight. but is seaborg any less of a risk has anyone found that its agressive
I heard from Bluezee that, yeah, Bearing Core 2 act aggressively which is why he just keeps on using Kerberous' shaft as it is apparently less risky/safer.
Edit: I'm referring to using Customize Bearing Base with those shafts, so yeah. Turns out that BB+BC2 is used for attack, lol.
(Jul. 31, 2011  11:54 AM)Dan Wrote: I heard from Bluezee that, yeah, Bearing Core 2 act aggressively which is why he just keeps on using Kerberous' shaft as it is apparently less risky/safer.
Edit: I'm referring to using Customize Bearing Base with those shafts, so yeah. Turns out that BB+BC2 is used for attack, lol.

Even I agree with this.
I always considered bearing core as a combination(balance) type as it got Attack in the beginning, defense and stamina towards the end... That rubber base is useful IMO, but yeah it might be a disadvantage for everyone else, as poseidon said.
seaborg doesnt have the same defence thought thats why most of the time i go for weight defence combos Uncertain
Weight based Defense Combos are my least favorite type of combo. SG Bearing Ver. 2 beats it in every way imaginable except maybe some Upper Attack (which I still doubt).
How could Grip based defence be better than Weight based against upper attack? That makes no sense to me.