[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jun. 18, 2012  1:10 PM)ZX Wrote: Tell me about it every time I launch it the clips and base go flying off Uncertain

Just use something good instead, really, or use base clips from another base, you end up having to do that in plastics.
I've got one that i'd be willing to sell.
(Jun. 18, 2012  2:17 PM)Ultra Wrote: I've got one that i'd be willing to sell.

Pm sent
(Jun. 18, 2012  6:41 AM)Esperr Wrote: @ UltimateFantasy, No you need a plastics generation bey stadium to use the magnacore tray. The one you linked to EBay is for 4D beys.

It'll have 3 pockets and it'll look like this:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&...x=57&ty=29
This IS NOT the exact stadium you need but one shaped like this. The tray will sit directly underneath.

Bump Kings are NOT rare at all, maybe the takara one but you can buy the Hasbro 1 for less than $10 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-HASBRO-BEYB...4163c95d0f

I don't believe there are any "spin gears" in the A-048 Customize Magnacore. It's a magnacore, meaning there is a magnet inside so no spin gears.
If you want i can take one of mine apart and take a photo and show you.

Hope this answers all of your questions.

How much is the Takara bump king worth and what I mean by spin gears is the magnet. How many magnacores are in the A-048 set? I can't find any of those stadiums individually on ebay.
That price is a good one for the bump king.
(Jun. 18, 2012  6:01 PM)Ultra Wrote: That price is a good one for the bump king.

I found a $12 takara NIB, is that good?
If that includes shipping then it's about the same as the price on ebay, though I'm not sure if the takara one comes with a ripcord and launcher.
My apologies if this doesn't belong here, but I don't know where it would belong.

Is there any way to keep stickers from peeling on plastic Beys? I'm not bothered if it makes it illegal for competitive use as I'm not planning to use it competitively. I just want it so they'll stay fresh even though it's used. I heard something about using clear nail polish or something to preserve them, not sure if that keeps them stuck down though?

Also one more thing, how easily do EG tips wear down? They look pretty sturdy and I haven't had one long enough to see how long they last.
Clear Nail Polish works well. I don't know if it does much to keep stickers down but it's pretty uncommon for them to peel if coated with it, if you're not sure you could use a very small amount of a glue that isn't particularly wet (just for safety's sake in case it seeps through and leaves a visible blotch on the stickers) before applying them. I only have limited experience with nail polishing stickers so maybe someone who knows more will be able to help. If no one replies for a couple of days, you could try Ask A Question, Get an Answer! #2 or the Sticker Sheets thread.

Unless you're using them outside of a proper beystadium, wear for any of the metal ones should be almost nonexistant, though I guess the sharper ones might be prone to it somewhat. Using any beyblade tip on any surface, particularly those that aren't smooth, risks damage, though most metal tips (again, other than sharp ones) are hard to damage unless you're using them on rough surfaces. Generally, keep them in the stadium and they'll be fine.
Thanks for the help, I'll most likely try what you said, a tiny bit first and wait for any visual damage.

As for sticking them down ('permanently') I guess I could use super glue sparingly to keep them in place.
Oh, there is one thing I forgot to mention and I hope you get this - be extremely careful, or don't bother, with metallic bitchips or anything with print on a metallic backing. The ink on those doesn't seem to be that resilient when nail polish is applied, and brushing it around caused the designs to come off a few of mine in some places, to my great sadness (though I have scans of them, so I may be able to do something given the right metallic backing in future). But normal stickers, it's easy.

Oh, also don't mess up and try to use nail polish remover on the off chance the thought passes through your head, because nail polish remover (well, those that contain acetone, but I wouldn't risk it with others as ABS is soluble in a few things) damages ABS, which plastics are made of.
(Jun. 18, 2012  6:33 PM)th!nk Wrote: If that includes shipping then it's about the same as the price on ebay, though I'm not sure if the takara one comes with a ripcord and launcher.

It is a booster, is the hasbro or takara rarer?
I don't believe there are any "spin gears" in the A-048 Customize Magnacore. It's a magnacore, meaning there is a magnet inside so no spin gears.
If you want i can take one of mine apart and take a photo and show you.

[/quote]

How many magnets are inside the package?
Takara is much rarer.
Takara is rarer, but not any more valuable.

As for the magnecore, I'd assume there's only one but honestly, I don't really know. No real point buying it though, just buy a beyblade that has one.
I have asked this about a billion times, but how many magnacores does the A-048 set include?
@ UltimateFantasy, just 1 custom magnacore. I just looked on amazon and it shows 1 core for ~$3-$4 USD.
Hey th!nk, something to interest you, I was clearing out my loft today and found..

[Image: 1.jpg]

[Image: 2.jpg]

[Image: 3.jpg]

Now for my question, does the metal tip come out of the base? I don't want to force it as I'm unsure whether it's meant to come out or not?
Nice find! It can be removed, but it is quite difficult and there's little point in doing so.
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nice find! It can be removed, but it is quite difficult and there's little point in doing so.

Ah fair enough, It's in real nice condition considering I bought it when it came out. I might replace the stickers for the ape heads though, as they're a bit tatty.

One more question, it's a genuine Hasbro version, however the stickers say Voltex Ape, not Vortex or Voltaic, is it a mistake?
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:06 PM)th!nk Wrote: Nice find! It can be removed, but it is quite difficult and there's little point in doing so.

Mine comes out quite easily, you just push it from the inside gently, and it will come out.
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:52 PM)Cannon Wrote: Mine comes out quite easily, you just push it from the inside gently, and it will come out.

Yeah I managed to get it out, just needed to give it a clean.
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:10 PM)BlackCat Wrote:

Ah fair enough, It's in real nice condition considering I bought it when it came out. I might replace the stickers for the ape heads though, as they're a bit tatty.

One more question, it's a genuine Hasbro version, however the stickers say Voltex Ape, not Vortex or Voltaic, is it a mistake?

Whoops, misread your post!
-deleted-
(Jun. 19, 2012  2:10 PM)BlackCat Wrote:

Yeah, not the first time I've heard of that, it may well be all of them, or just a subset with a sticker error. These things happen a lot Tongue_out

Cannon: Probably slight variations as in anything, but my three are very hard to remove.
(Jun. 19, 2012  1:35 PM)BlackCat Wrote: Hey th!nk, something to interest you, I was clearing out my loft today and found..

IMAGES DELETED by Arupaeo

Now for my question, does the metal tip come out of the base? I don't want to force it as I'm unsure whether it's meant to come out or not?

Is it for sale?
How good is Gaia Dragoon G, Rock Bison, and Draciel G?
Also, how good are Gigars, Zeus, and Dranzer GT?
(Jun. 19, 2012  6:52 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: Is it for sale?

No, sorry. I was just showing it (as I found it today in my loft) and asked a question about the BB.