[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jun. 17, 2012  12:53 PM)Benjohadi Wrote: hahah..i see...no wonder your long reply turns into short one... XD
looking forward for your testing...hahah..

Ultra:my "crappy" doesnt only refer to performance..but also durability..master dranzer is damn fragile...haha
plus..this was among the most release of plastics...somehow..its price is still yucks.. Chocked_2
i'm not saying it as junk pieces...

Yeah the worst one of them all is clearly this:

http://page18.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/w73346210

200 Yen. Ludicrously expensive!
Just a general question about the grips that fitted the plastic launchers, do they fit both left and right spin launchers? Or are there certain grip launchers for certain spin directions (Apart from the obvious spring loaded one which has 'R' printed on it.)

I'm talking about these:

[Image: HY82600lg.jpg]

[Image: marksmen.jpg]

Also, where would I find either of those launchers? I know Alice has a dragoon grip, but she's currently away.
Both spins fit in both but Left Spin launchers since they are bigger fly out more easily. Especially the bigger earlier ones. They aren't hard to find. They normally appear frequently in ebay lots so i'd suggest you start there.
Thanks for the help, there are tons in lots, but the vast majority of them are BIN for $100+, I'm not willing to spend that much just for a launcher, I'll have to wait till one comes up on here or separately on eBay.
Really?:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LARGE-BUNDLE-B...4845b2d746

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_sacat=..._PrefLoc=2

I found those in a about 5 minutes.

Also i've got a used one I can sell you. PM me for a price.
(Jun. 17, 2012  9:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: Always remember: plastics is a much more open and level format than MFB, so even "bad" combos can place, especially when an area has less big-collection-competitors, or when people forget how level plastics are and underestimate weird stuff.

(Jun. 16, 2012  5:46 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yes it's good at smash. Yeah but OHKO is rubbish. There's no debating. Get Metal Dranzer unless you really like Seaborg 2 more.

NO NO NO
Well, it is good at smash but the main thing is that it's a better Zombie AR than Tiger Defenser, making it like, the second best or something in left spin (the main spin direction used for zombies), behind Takara's Twin Horn which is... difficult to find at the least.

In terms of smash, there are many better choices, I mean yes it's a better choice than seaborg 2's ar, but it has such tiny range, bleh.

Benjo: To be honest, Metal Dranzer is a much better choice than anything but Driger V2 and Driger S (proper one, not sonokong gold), and it is also much cheaper. It's waaaaayyyyy better than Driger G. Driger V2 is a better choice if you have a very small collection and limited competitive parts because it is a competitive beyblade out of the box, and the base has use in compactsas your collection expands, and Driger S is a very versatile beyblade, though not as good as V2 out of the box.
However, as your collection expands, and you have better and better parts, Metal Dranzer can even become the best choice of all, depending whether you have defensive zombie (or even regular zombie) parts and how common Wolborg 4 is in your area (as that pretty much single-handedly determines whether Compacts or Defensive Zombies are the safer choice, though if you know who has Wolborg 4, defensive zombies are basically as safe).

Okay so now if I see another person diss metal dranzer or not mention Scissors Attacker kicks carp as a zombie AR rather than as a decent smash AR, I get to yell, k?

UltimateFantasy
Okay, master/kid draciel's AR. Ultra is right, it doesn't have much smash, and it really is a Weight based defense AR. The main gimmick it has though is slowly shaving off opponents stamina through a couple of design features - the bumps, which I'm not sure are really that effective for it, but its what they're there for, and the angles at the edges of its wings - which have a small amount of force smash, basically pushing the opponent downwards (i.e. off balance).
Of course, if the Kid Draciel AR'd bey is light, then the reverse will happen - when hit, every hit on those points will be like a weak upper attack hit, knocking it off balance. Weight Based defense, being the heaviest type, doesn't suffer this issue, so the two go well together.
The large size means it's easier to hit opponents with mid-air collision launches/gattyaki, which is a huge tactic for successfully using weight based defense, as that and the relatively weak smash attack they provide once in the dish are the only ways Weight Based Defenders can handle the fairly large selection of things that can outspin them.
It's also pretty heavy so that's good.

But straight up smash attack definitely isn't it's thing. Manuals are advertising documents, I mean, the part is called Smash Turtle, but yeah, don't take manuals too seriously.

EDIT: jadejupiter: Woo! Someone's been paying attention!

I ordered wolborg 4 on thursday for $10.51. I already have a hasbro jumping base, should I still get Driger S and if I should, what would be a good price for him? Originally I heard that smash turtle had defence, but the manual threw me off because it showed kid draciel spinning in one place and smashed the opponent back and under it, it said: down force smash attack.
So basically how turtle smasher works when making contact is similar to bistool's AR?
If you have tiger defenser you don't need driger s that badly.

Down Force Smash Attack refers to force smash, not Smash Attack, and the two are quite different. The manual is basically saying the same as I am, though it's rather exaggerated.

Uhh, no, not at all like bistool's ar, that's flat and straight.
(Jun. 17, 2012  4:25 PM)th!nk Wrote: If you have tiger defenser you don't need driger s that badly.

Down Force Smash Attack refers to force smash, not Smash Attack, and the two are quite different. The manual is basically saying the same as I am, though it's rather exaggerated.

Uhh, no, not at all like bistool's ar, that's flat and straight.

I know what force smash is and I know what smash attack is. Under the opposing bey that was on it's side (not spinning) , it said down force and next to kid draciel (spinning) pointing to the ridges/spikes, it said smash attack. And what I meant by "similar to bistool's AR" was the affect of how they make contact (slowly wearing off the opponent's stamina with every hit)
BTW, these are the plastics I have:
Hasbro Metal Masters Kid Dragoon
Hasbro Dranzer F (broken AR and only one clip in the BB)
Hasbro Metal Masters Galman
Hasbro Bistool
Hasbro Jumping Base
Takara Kid's Draciel
Takara Wolborg 4 (in the mail and should arrive anytime soon)
What would you say should be the next plastic I should get (for competitive use and for fun combos and for collection-wise) I already know that the beys i have are mostly only good for their AR's (with the exeption of Wolborg 4)
BTW, how good is wolborg 4's AR? I heard it was good, but then again it looks like carp.
It is referring to smash attack, with downward force on the opponent, which is pretty much force smash.

Wing Cross doesn't actually wear the opponent down any more than any other AR, at all. Given the shape of edges, there are plenty of things that would do that kind of thing more effectively.

Where did you hear wolborg 4's ar is good? Burn whoever or whatever told you that, it's one of the worst.

Get a Wide Defense, stick that and bistool's AR on wolborg 4's lower section.

As for what to buy, it really depends what types you want, but wide defense should be at the top of your list.
(Jun. 17, 2012  4:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: It is referring to smash attack, with downward force on the opponent, which is pretty much force smash.

Wing Cross doesn't actually wear the opponent down any more than any other AR, at all. Given the shape of edges, there are plenty of things that would do that kind of thing more effectively.

Where did you hear wolborg 4's ar is good? Burn whoever or whatever told you that, it's one of the worst.

As for what to buy, it really depends what types you want, but wide defense should be at the top of your list.

I've been trying to find a wide defence for a while and i can't seem to find it and also because they are relativaly rare. I also want something that is good and is available at a cheap price. One that i can make a good combo with suggesting my current collection. my preference is a good bey with a 10 balance (that's the best replacement for wide defence that I know of).
Outside of the Wolborg 4 combo (where Wide Def and 10b are almost identical), 10 balance has about two uses and is not the best choice for anything, while wide defense is top tier for all but compacts (because it is not a compact part) and conventional upper attack, where it still works okay, and it is the best for a particular upper attack/spin stealer combo that is basically always more effective than regular upper. I mean, your call but without wide defense or survivor, you can't make zombies, defensive zombies, or any really great attackers (10 wide is an okay substitute but still pretty eh).

You've already been given suggestions, of which Driger V2 and Metal Dranzer are probably the best with 10 Balance. If you get driger V2 also look into a voltaic ape and Metal Driger, so you can make compacts with that and tiger defenser.
(Jun. 17, 2012  4:52 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote:
(Jun. 17, 2012  4:44 PM)th!nk Wrote: It is referring to smash attack, with downward force on the opponent, which is pretty much force smash.

I've been trying to find a wide defence for a while and i can't seem to find it and also because they are relativaly rare. I also want something that is good and is available at a cheap price. One that i can make a good combo with suggesting my current collection. my preference is a good bey with a 10 balance (that's the best replacement for wide defence that I know of).

There was a Wide Defence on ebay UK a while ago actually.
Okay, done the testing. Only did 10 rounds each but did both 10 balance and wide defense, for Tiger Defenser, War Lion, Wing Cross (mold 2) and Smash Turtle (Driger S, Galeon, Bistool and Master Draciel respectively)

Simple answer: 10 rounds isn't enough to tell, really, and the opponent I chose was a little too good, so everything was 1 battle different at most. I didn't count KO's either (repeated the rounds as with Draws), though I recorded them, as this was aimed at determining stamina.
Wing Cross was the best and this was fairly easy to see. Tiger Defenser and War Lion are roughly the same. War Lion is probably the better choice on 10 Balance, but you should be wary of its fragility issues, and Tiger Defenser is probably a little better on Wide Defense. Personally, I'd stick to Wing Cross and Tiger Defenser.

Full details here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastic-...#pid974794 - and that is generally where they should be discussed. You should all check that thread more often if you don't, haha, as that's where all the real science-y stuff belongs.
(Jun. 17, 2012  6:11 PM)th!nk Wrote: Okay, done the testing. Only did 10 rounds each but did both 10 balance and wide defense, for Tiger Defenser, War Lion, Wing Cross (mold 2) and Smash Turtle (Driger S, Galeon, Bistool and Master Draciel respectively)

Simple answer: 10 rounds isn't enough to tell, really, and the opponent I chose was a little too good, so everything was 1 battle different at most. I didn't count KO's either (repeated the rounds as with Draws), though I recorded them, as this was aimed at determining stamina.
Wing Cross was the best and this was fairly easy to see. Tiger Defenser and War Lion are roughly the same. War Lion is probably the better choice on 10 Balance, but you should be wary of its fragility issues, and Tiger Defenser is probably a little better on Wide Defense. Personally, I'd stick to Wing Cross and Tiger Defenser.

Full details here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastic-...#pid974794 - and that is generally where they should be discussed. You should all check that thread more often if you don't, haha, as that's where all the real science-y stuff belongs.

In the end, Tiger Defenser and Wing Cross are the best? Good, I have hasbro jumping base and bistool and i'm getting wolborg 4 in the mail.
You could check out the post I linked to which has all the details, but Wing Cross is the best, as I said in that post...
(Jun. 17, 2012  6:37 PM)th!nk Wrote: You could check out the post I linked to which has all the details, but Wing Cross is the best, as I said in that post...

I did read it. I expected better from turtle smasher.
I didn't tbh. I tested it on the off chance I'd missed something when doing some other tests with it, but it doesn't have particularly good stamina, not even in solo spin tests.
Three questions:
Which is more rare: Hasbro Bump King or Takara Bump King
and how much are they worth?

How many Spin Gears are in the A-048 Customize Magnacore?

Does the Magnacore Magnetic Tray fit under this stadium?http://www.ebay.com/itm/170744476907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Btw, what is that stadium?
I can't answer any of your other questions, but I can tell you that those last two blue stadiums are fake. Wink
(Jun. 18, 2012  4:55 AM)UltimateFantasy Wrote: Three questions:
Which is more rare: Hasbro Bump King or Takara Bump King
and how much are they worth?

How many Spin Gears are in the A-048 Customize Magnacore?

Does the Magnacore Magnetic Tray fit under this stadium?http://www.ebay.com/itm/170744476907?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649
Btw, what is that stadium?

Can the tray fit under it?
@ UltimateFantasy, No you need a plastics generation bey stadium to use the magnacore tray. The one you linked to EBay is for 4D beys.

It'll have 3 pockets and it'll look like this:
http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&...x=57&ty=29
This IS NOT the exact stadium you need but one shaped like this. The tray will sit directly underneath.

Bump Kings are NOT rare at all, maybe the takara one but you can buy the Hasbro 1 for less than $10 shipped.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2002-HASBRO-BEYB...4163c95d0f

I don't believe there are any "spin gears" in the A-048 Customize Magnacore. It's a magnacore, meaning there is a magnet inside so no spin gears.
If you want i can take one of mine apart and take a photo and show you.

Hope this answers all of your questions.
Does Anyone know if anyone is selling wolborg 1's clips for the blade base? If not the clips maybe just the blade base? Smile
(Jun. 18, 2012  12:48 PM)ZX Wrote: Does Anyone know if anyone is selling wolborg 1's clips for the blade base? If not the clips maybe just the blade base? Smile

That doesn't belong here, aha. Make a buying thread, or something.
Check the buying and selling forum, but you'd be lucky to find one listed, because no one thinks to sell stuff like that. TBH, it's a very poor base and the base clips aren't a particularly resilient mold.
Tell me about it every time I launch it the clips and base go flying off Uncertain