[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(Jun. 16, 2012  6:25 AM)Cannon Wrote: Is Uriel 2 or Pearl Gabriel (Hidden Beyblade from Booster or whatever) rarer?
never saw a pearl gabriel before..if it is a cesret prize..it is definitely rarer than uriel 2..
i've seen white and silver only..

(Jun. 16, 2012  3:24 AM)Gamecreator916 Wrote: oh ok. well i can't really function with it, since it didn't have any RC controllers/launchers, but i did get a Dragoon V2 out of the lot in good condition

if the frequency of the launcher and the rc bey is not hte same..(in which i believe not the same), you wont be able to control the bey..
and it is kida wasting that the driger g rc dont has its own launcher since the g rev seres rc has turbo function...
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:47 AM)Benjohadi Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:25 AM)Cannon Wrote: Is Uriel 2 or Pearl Gabriel (Hidden Beyblade from Booster or whatever) rarer?
never saw a pearl gabriel before..if it is a cesret prize..it is definitely rarer than uriel 2..
It came from Random Booster F ..

It is not white, up close.. :\
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:51 AM)Cannon Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:47 AM)Benjohadi Wrote:

Where does the white one come from? Up close, it is not white, so ierno ..

from a random booster..i forgotten which one...
perhaps the white color turns pearlish due to age..
the silver one is from coro2 special..

EDIT:its the "white" one..in that case...Uriel 2 is much rarer..
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:20 AM)Tamer Shinn Wrote: If i'm wrong i'll be corrected..From best to worse would be Seaborg 2,Metal Dranzer,Trypio.

I know i'm right on trypio at least...lol
Metal Dranzer is waayyyyy better than seaborg 2. I've been raving about its AR for weeks.
Very good buy at the prices it goes for.
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:57 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:20 AM)Tamer Shinn Wrote: If i'm wrong i'll be corrected..From best to worse would be Seaborg 2,Metal Dranzer,Trypio.

Metal Dranzer is waayyyyy better than seaborg 2. I've been raving about its AR for weeks.

What's so good about metal Dranzer's AR? I'm guessing smash attack, right? But I know that Seaborg 2 is really good at OHKO's. So you are basically debating between whale crusher vs scissors attacker, 10 balance, and the south core neo right sg?
Yes it's good at smash. Yeah but OHKO is rubbish. There's no debating. Get Metal Dranzer unless you really like Seaborg 2 more.
So, I found my old plastics yesterday and I've been trying to catalog all the parts. Things were going well until I came across this... thing:

Obviously I'm talking about the circular part at the bottom of the picture; the three weight disks are there for size reference. Is this a plastic gen piece, and if so, what is it used on?
Its a weight disk that only comes with some of the Hidden Spirit beys. Hayate is one of them. It only fits onto those certain hidden spirit beys.
I've been taking advantage of this blog too much. Wink
It's what we're here for. Where else on the net would you really find the info easily? Also this is a forum not a blog.
(Jun. 16, 2012  5:39 PM)UltimateFantasy Wrote:
(Jun. 16, 2012  6:57 AM)th!nk Wrote:

What's so good about metal Dranzer's AR? I'm guessing smash attack, right? But I know that Seaborg 2 is really good at OHKO's. So you are basically debating between whale crusher vs scissors attacker, 10 balance, and the south core neo right sg?
but..rhather than choosing metal dranzer..Drigers are definitely better choices.. XD
I just got takara kid's draciel. in the paper/ instrucctions, it said his ar has smash attack. Is that right?
Nope. It has top tier use in defence. I really doubt it has much smash.
Metal Dranzer's AR is used for zombie and smash not just smash attack.
it has some smash i recalled..but not that great.....i remember a pal used it in the remembrance day..and placed as third...
Kid's Draciel AR (Smash Turle isnt it?) + First Clutch Base + Left EG
hahah..i said..quite impressing how it can almost KO in every round..(well..almost all)
Always remember: plastics is a much more open and level format than MFB, so even "bad" combos can place, especially when an area has less big-collection-competitors, or when people forget how level plastics are and underestimate weird stuff.

(Jun. 16, 2012  5:46 PM)Ultra Wrote: Yes it's good at smash. Yeah but OHKO is rubbish. There's no debating. Get Metal Dranzer unless you really like Seaborg 2 more.

NO NO NO
Well, it is good at smash but the main thing is that it's a better Zombie AR than Tiger Defenser, making it like, the second best or something in left spin (the main spin direction used for zombies), behind Takara's Twin Horn which is... difficult to find at the least.

In terms of smash, there are many better choices, I mean yes it's a better choice than seaborg 2's ar, but it has such tiny range, bleh.

Benjo: To be honest, Metal Dranzer is a much better choice than anything but Driger V2 and Driger S (proper one, not sonokong gold), and it is also much cheaper. It's waaaaayyyyy better than Driger G. Driger V2 is a better choice if you have a very small collection and limited competitive parts because it is a competitive beyblade out of the box, and the base has use in compactsas your collection expands, and Driger S is a very versatile beyblade, though not as good as V2 out of the box.
However, as your collection expands, and you have better and better parts, Metal Dranzer can even become the best choice of all, depending whether you have defensive zombie (or even regular zombie) parts and how common Wolborg 4 is in your area (as that pretty much single-handedly determines whether Compacts or Defensive Zombies are the safer choice, though if you know who has Wolborg 4, defensive zombies are basically as safe).

Okay so now if I see another person diss metal dranzer or not mention Scissors Attacker kicks carp as a zombie AR rather than as a decent smash AR, I get to yell, k?

UltimateFantasy
Okay, master/kid draciel's AR. Ultra is right, it doesn't have much smash, and it really is a Weight based defense AR. The main gimmick it has though is slowly shaving off opponents stamina through a couple of design features - the bumps, which I'm not sure are really that effective for it, but its what they're there for, and the angles at the edges of its wings - which have a small amount of force smash, basically pushing the opponent downwards (i.e. off balance).
Of course, if the Kid Draciel AR'd bey is light, then the reverse will happen - when hit, every hit on those points will be like a weak upper attack hit, knocking it off balance. Weight Based defense, being the heaviest type, doesn't suffer this issue, so the two go well together.
The large size means it's easier to hit opponents with mid-air collision launches/gattyaki, which is a huge tactic for successfully using weight based defense, as that and the relatively weak smash attack they provide once in the dish are the only ways Weight Based Defenders can handle the fairly large selection of things that can outspin them.
It's also pretty heavy so that's good.

But straight up smash attack definitely isn't it's thing. Manuals are advertising documents, I mean, the part is called Smash Turtle, but yeah, don't take manuals too seriously.

EDIT: jadejupiter: Woo! Someone's been paying attention!
(Jun. 17, 2012  9:02 AM)th!nk Wrote: Benjo: To be honest, Metal Dranzer is a much better choice than anything but Driger V2 and Driger S (proper one, not sonokong gold), and it is also much cheaper. It's waaaaayyyyy better than Driger G. Driger V2 is a better choice if you have a very small collection and limited competitive parts because it is a competitive beyblade out of the box, and the base has use in compactsas your collection expands, and Driger S is a very versatile beyblade, though not as good as V2 out of the box.
its going to be much cheaper than Driver V2.. XD
even nowadays..a crappy bey like master dranzer can be quite expensive either on here or ebay..
unless they have excess on yja..hahah..

i'm not that favouring (and myet to master zombies combinations)..its the reason i favoured attack and defense type more..hahah

and my question..
will Galeon AR suits well in Wolborg 4 BB Set Up?
it design made circular + its s-ar made me really curious..juast that dont have much time on trying it since new semester had begun..hahah..
I know that the draft hasn't been published but Metal Draciel/Master Dranzer is a very good bey actually. The AR has quite decent although recoily Smash in Right and Zombie use in Left and the base is very good for compacts.
Base is good, but not very good, IMO. The lack of any aggression and mild (though usually over-blown) stability issues are a pain (being unstable is usually not a good idea against wolborg 4 but it's been a while since I did my compact tests against it and I don't recall how Master Dranzer's base did). The RPM maintenance means it's one of the best defensive choices, but the lack of attack cuts your versatility a lot.

AR's smash is tempered by it's fragility, and for zombies, there are a lot of better choices, and Scissors Attacker either ties or blows it away in basically every criterion.

Metal Dranzer is a very good defense AR in left, as it barely protrudes past wide defense/survivor and even then it has very little recoil in left because of the rounded shape and smooth angles.

Remember, that while Metal Dranzer comes with a generic base, it is still better out of the box than master dranzer, and it also comes with a 10 series weight disk and a Neo Right MG Core (Some recolours come with a MW core instead, though, not 100% on all of their parts). It's also much less fragile.

Benjo: War Lion's stamina is, uhh... very much overrated by beywiki, and it is fragile as heck. Stick to tiger defenser if you can (flame pegasus' ar also works well), but failing that it could be used. I'm definitely not a fan of it and it doesn't seem to be as safe, especially if you're using 10 balance instead of wide defense.
Okay maybe I exaggerated a bit but it's definitely not crappy like Benji said. Once the random booster list goes up i'm gonna put up my draft for it.
Oh, yeah man I agree fully, it's definitely not bad. I'm looking forward to reading your draft.
And I look forward to you correcting the majority of my draft haha since you know more about it than me. I need to do some testing on it before I put it up but I think it will be a few days before the Random booster article goes up. It will be a joint effort tbh.
All articles are a joint effort, that's beywiki (and another reason why having it run by one person is just crazy).

EDIT: Benjo, still looking into War Lion. It was doing relatively poorly before but now it's doing really well, dunno what's up.

EDIT2: Tiger Defenser is better on Wide Defense, but for 10 Balance it is hard to say. War Lion is probably fine, barring breakage issues. I'll look into it further.

EDIT 3: I'm going to attempt to do some formal testing of Wolborg 4 with a few AR's. Probably War Lion, Tiger Defenser, Sonokong Gold Tiger Defenser, and Wing Cross (mold 2), maybe also scissors attacker and wing upper. Probably won't get through all of them and I cannot do 20 rounds for this, unless I somehow I don't feel like killing myself at the end of it and can carry on. I'd like to do both wide defense and 10 balance for both, but yeah... It's 8PM so I've probably got abut 2 hours sooo.
hahah..i see...no wonder your long reply turns into short one... XD
looking forward for your testing...hahah..

Ultra:my "crappy" doesnt only refer to performance..but also durability..master dranzer is damn fragile...haha
plus..this was among the most release of plastics...somehow..its price is still yucks.. Chocked_2
i'm not saying it as junk pieces...
Anyone know how much a green Rapid Eagle AR is worth?