[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Ultra: I'm not sure about ice but I think I've seen an ice draciel before. As for the Rock ones, me too.

Dingodigo: dri m is a code for the bitbeast, again I think it was for a reader or something. How can you confirm that?
I can confirm it because it came in an authentic Takara Master Dragoon unless I am reading your question wrong.
There are quite a few plastic Beyblades (mostly from the first season) that I have never, ever seen, such as Tryhorn, Falborg, Unicolyon, Amphilyon, and some others!

I am not sure if they even exist, but I hope that some of you could give me a precise answer.

Thanks in advance.
@ Arbolite: Falborg doesn't exist as a real Beyblade, to let you know.
(Apr. 13, 2012  9:58 PM)Arborlite Wrote: There are quite a few plastic Beyblades (mostly from the first season) that I have never, ever seen, such as Tryhorn, Falborg, Unicolyon, Amphilyon, and some others!

I am not sure if they even exist, but I hope that some of you could give me a precise answer.

Thanks in advance.

None of them exist as real beyblades, but according to beywiki there is a combo for falborg, but none of the rare parts exist either.
Is there any specific reason for that? Is it because the companies that made the Beyblades back then were more lazy, or maybe there's another reason?

Thanks
For Tryhorn the way it was made it so that it would be pretty different from other beys cause of how big it was and all the weight disks. Also for all of those they were only featured like once plus Unicolyon and Amphilyon would have been the hidden dragon series and considering there were already 3 of them and they're all pretty crummy they probably wouldn't have thought there was any point in making them(they were right IMO) It's not laziness they just companies have to pick and choose although I would have preferred that Falborg was made instead of Wyborg.
Does anyone know what the purpose of the black and white bit chip stickers which came with most of the V2 series beys are for? Also what does the mystery cutter engine gear do?
The black and white stickers were for the bit chip
To scan the bit beast.
(Apr. 14, 2012  1:48 AM)jadejupiter18 Wrote: The black and white stickers were for the bit chip
To scan the bit beast.

So are the bit beasts scanned through the Bey Battle analyzer or were they scanned with a different product?
I think it was through the analyzer, but might have been other products too. You can ask th!nk or Ultra
Pretty sure it was the beybattle analyzer, just look for a bitchip scanning thing released at the same time as the VForce line, given that's when the BW stickers appeared.

(Apr. 13, 2012  9:23 PM)Dingodigo Wrote: I can confirm it because it came in an authentic Takara Master Dragoon unless I am reading your question wrong.
So, we're talking about the same weird one that looks drawn differently? If so, thanks :3

(Apr. 13, 2012  10:46 PM)Ultra Wrote: For Tryhorn the way it was made it so that it would be pretty different from other beys cause of how big it was and all the weight disks. Also for all of those they were only featured like once plus Unicolyon and Amphilyon would have been the hidden dragon series and considering there were already 3 of them and they're all pretty crummy they probably wouldn't have thought there was any point in making them(they were right IMO) It's not laziness they just companies have to pick and choose although I would have preferred that Falborg was made instead of Wyborg.

Pretty sure Tryhorn actually just had a really tall, multi-layered AR, not multiple WD's. That said, it still would be odd and probably very top-heavy.

As for what you said about Unicolyon and Amphilyon, there are 4 hidden spirit models (Hayate and co, Griffolyon/Etanzel, Salamalyon/Donitrus and Zio/Avairon, as well as the Hayate/Zinrai 2 model from hasbro). Of those, Hayate and Griffolyon have excellent AR's, Zio is nothing special but it's not really bad, and salamalyon is the only one that has no good parts, so dismissing them like that is a little harsh.

As for not making them, well, Galux was really just a pink Galeon. Falborg, yeah, that would've been cool. Then there were the horror-themed beys, but looking at them, they were never going to be released given their impractical designs. A shame though, the vampire one was sweet.
And yeah, Wyborg... I guess it was released because it featured more than falborg or whatever, but man, that thing... Eugh.

But yeah, some things were just weren't designed for release. I'm not completely sure what the process was, whether stuff was designed before the anime appearance, and if the anime writers just wrote in beys to fill up the gaps, but yeah.

But, there were a lot more they didn't release in V-Force, that actually looked like they were meant to be released - sharkrash, vanishing moot, wildfox (though there were also other beys that could never be released, like the other three cyber beys, which would have horrible breakage issues, same with Xeronix).
Hey th!nk, what do you think is better bearing gyros AR or Takara Twin Horn because I was watching some videos on YouTube where top tier bearing gyros AR combo lost to A tiger defenser zombie combo numerous times.
Strap yourself in - this is one of "my" topics, haha. There's a short version towards the end though Wink

Yeah, Gyro AR is actually the most overrated part in plastics (I have one, so this is all based on testing unless I state otherwise, not just my opinion/best guess).
Tiger Defenser is better in either spin direction, and Takara Twin Horn is better than Tiger Defenser in Left Spin (in right spin it's a bit aggressive and is supposed to have some breakage issues). As for Twin Horn vs Gyro AR in right spin? I must admit I haven't actually tested that myself (I only have one twin horn, so it's in the best zombie I can make), but I believe Twin Horn would still do better, both protrude past wide survivor as much and twin horn's protrusion seems less recoily. I'd stick to tiger defenser though (which gives tiger defenser a small advantage over twin horn in that you can bluff spin direction better).

It's a significant difference, too. Tiger Defenser and Twin Horn, given an optimal setup, can reliable beat the best wolborg 4 combo thrown at them, whereas Gyro AR can't do it reliably.

It's not that Gyro AR is bad, it's just not as good as the much more common, much cheaper tiger defenser. I've written why before (I think I may even have written it in my last blog entry, haha) but here's a full explanation:

It's got these gaps, where it's like \__/ right? The sides of those gaps are flat faces - they may as well be draciel AR heads when hit, and they act just like them. The way the AR is sloped also means it gets pushed down by opponents, putting it at an angle where it's easily hit in those gaps.

It's weight distribution is fantastic - It's the best solo-spin AR (and I'm still testing it on MAMS's gyro mode for HMS, as that's much taller and less likely to be hit), but as an in-battle part in plastics, Tiger Defenser is better at everything.

There actually seem to be a few misconceptions about the best zombie parts that could only be reasonably based on Solo Spins, rather than actual testing. For example, MDBS's tip is great at solo spin but has really poor stability in battle, and stands very little chance against a good wolborg 4 combo, but it has this huge reputation - one that only matches it's prowess in spinning in a stadium alone. The main thing these parts lack is stability, which is what makes Burning Kerberous's SG so powerful, it's tip shape, base design (it helps keep the tip stable) and double bearings mean it stays stable, and spin stealing is most effective when the bey is standing straight, as no energy is wasted by being applied at an angle that pushes the shaft/bey against the bearings or whatever rather than just making the bey spin.

Short Version: Twin Horn and Tiger Defenser are both better than Gyro AR.

Do you have a link to those videos? It's pretty hard to dissuade people from this ingrained idea that Gyro AR is the best thing ever, and I guess a video might help somewhat.

Man, I shoulda made a blog post outta this. Maybe I will sometime.
Sorry I don't have the video.I think it was one of Blitz's(kiddragoon) tournament videos. Also the bearing gyros AR's flat heads give it more recoil than twin horn and tiger defenser? I never thought of how the flat heads could effect it. I used to think any AR that was completely circular didn't matter how the contact points were flat.
Gotta stop calling it completely circular, that's the cause of a lot of misconceptions. Dat aint no circle.
Give me a second, I wanna draw up a little diagram, I don't mean it to be patronising, it's just to settle the point forever Smile

I'll either edit this post or make a new one when done.

EDIT: OKAY, TIME TO BRING THE MS PAAAAIIIIIN(t) *with small things done in photoshop

That diagram is awesome.
Oh thanks since there is a gap the contact points are pretty much like draciels. Thanks th!nk I might get another twin horn instead of hunting a bearing gyros!
Well, it's the shape of the edges of that gap that do it, though if the gap wasn't present it'd be way too good.
Yeah, I'd buy gabriel over a bearing gyros for sure, though the latter might be a better collectors item, perhaps. That said, for competitive play you really only need one Takara Twin Horn, whatcha plan to do with a second, out of curiosity?

Kai-V: Thanks! I wasn't sure whether to put the demotivator thing on it or not, but I wanted to drive the point home.
Maybe use it for testing. It's a pretty awesome AR.
Ah, cool. I usually just use two tiger defensers for testing zombie stuff, fairer when two things are opposite spin because it's not significantly better/worse in either spin direction.
Yeah, but I think tiger defenser does slightly better in right spin for me.
Yeah, probably, but it's much less noticeable than anything else. I guess Gyro AR might be better for comparison as the difference between the spin directions is pretty small (there's a small extra bit of plastic that pokes out at one end of each "wing"), but that would require getting two largely redundant, expensive beys just to test slightly more accurately. Tiger Defenser is generally close enough that switching spin directions half way through reduces the error acceptably. Also if you use two Wide Survivors and can get two Sonokong Tiger Defensers on normal spin gears, it's probably even more accurate given they don't protrude.
SonoKong was probly the worst plastic beyblade producers though, their plastic breaks so easily. Anyways what do u think would be a better as a zombie

AR: Twin Horn

WD: Wide Survivor

SG: Neo Left SG Double Bearing Core

SP: Survivor Ring

BB: Customize Grip

or the same except with Cross Survivor.
Eh, I have had breakages all across the spectrum, but yeah their Quality Control is pretty poor at times. Still, sometimes it's just rebranded takara stuff too, it seems.

As for the combo:
Use BK's own base, it's way better than customize grip base, as it keeps the tip stable and doesn't muck up the LAD, as well as having a better shape all around.

Defense Ring would be a better SP (it's basically always the best SP though I don't know enough about twin guard). As for your choices, I don't really find much difference between those two TBH, Cross Survivor has better symmetry, but Survivor Ring is less obtrusive. Really, it's either/or.