[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Well, we finally have it, a dedicated thread for ALL of your plastics questions. This functions as all of the following, for Plastics, the original Beyblade series - that includes Purchase Constultation, General Questions and Combo Advice. This is the thread most people with plastics knowledge check on a regular basis, so this is where you should ask your questions.

Note: Plastics refer to all releases Pre-HMS, as well as the few plastics that were released at the same time or after the Early A-Coded HMS Releases. An HMS Q&A thread will be made later today.

What is a Plastic Beyblade?

Plastic Beyblades were the original Beyblades, produced and sold by Takara, beginning in the Year 2000, and also sold by Hasbro, under license, from 2002. Arguably the most well known are the beyblades belonging to the main characters of Bakuten Shoot Beyblade, Dragoon, Dranzer, Draciel, and Driger.
While they are no longer produced, some are still available on eBay and so on, and they still have some popularity, especially with collectors.

Keep in mind that HMS are not plastics. While some HMS were released before the final few plastics releases, and they were originally legal for use against each other (they aren't any more), the two are separate generations. The two series are not inter-compatible and the most obvious difference is the metal on the attack rings of HMS (along with their smaller size). If you aren't sure, see what category the beyblade is listed under in the Beyblade Parts List.

If you don't understand an abbreviation, often it is just referring to a type of part, a list of such abbreviations can be found here: http://wiki.worldbeyblade.org/index.php/Abbreviations
If you don't recognise a part name, or are not sure what a part is called, the parts list on beywiki, linked below, should help you out.

What is this thread?

This thread encompasses all of the following, for Plastic Beyblades, however, as we do have the Beywiki, it is expected that you should search for answers there first. Rules apply here as in the MFB versions of these threads.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer
>>Identification of Plastic Beyblades
>>Identification of Accessories
>>Part Function/Gimmicks
>>Other General Questions.

Purchase Consultation
>>All Questions Relating To Purchases, Prices, Etc.

Build Me A Combo
>>All Combination Related Questions.
NOTE: If you want us to build you a combination, you must list your beyblades. Listing whole beyblades and noting any missing/extra parts should be sufficient. Don't just spam combos asking if they're good, or post an incomplete list, or most of us will respond with a reply as pointless as your question
Furthermore, if you only have a few parts, it's best not to ask for combinations of a specific type - if there is a worthwhile combination of any type, it will be recommended, and you're far better off with a useful combination of one type than a poor combination of another. If you absolutely need a combination of a particular type, despite not having many parts, it is best to explain why you need it, as that means we may be able to suggest more suitable alternatives.

Things You Should NOT Ask Here:

Anime or Manga Questions. Ask those in: Beyblade Anime and Manga Questions

What a part is called, or what beyblade a part comes from: Use the Parts List on Beywiki

The Product Code of a Release, or which Release corresponds to a certain Product Code: Use the Beyblade Product List on Beywiki

General Plastics Discussion goes in the Plastics General Discussion Thread

Discussion of Parts and Customizations goes in the Plastic Parts Discussion Thread - don't ask questions there, though, those go here. That thread also contains most people's notes on part performance so it's a good thread to keep an eye on/subscribe to!

Some Handy Resources:
In addition to the Beyblade Product and Parts lists mentioned above, there are a few more handy resources around the site that you should check first to see if they answer your question:

Plastic Random Booster Contents List (Improved by Ultra!)

Plastics Base/Shaft/Casing etc Compatibility List - "Wondering if certain parts fit together? This document probably has the answer!"

H-Code Products List (Plastics) - List of known Hong Kong releases

Beyblade Price Refence List! - The number one resource for plastics prices!

Plastics Price Reference List (by Esperr) - helpful if the above doesn't have your answer.

Hasbro G-Revolution Parts List - List of what parts Hasbro-Only releases came with.

Weight Disk Identification Chart - What weight disk is this? Check the guide! Keep in mind I got the names slightly wrong, though, numbers aren't used in the names, they're spelt out instead.

Ongoing Questions (Please Read) (Click to View)
My first question here as a part of purchase consultation: What is the cost of a hasbro black dranzer(mint/nip)?
N0body:
It depends on the status of that beyblade and how many people want to have it.

For my experience, it's about $60~80 for a NIB one.
Hah, wouldn't have been too far off with my guess of 60-100. But yeah, I certainly hope others will be checking this thread to help with purchase consultation, because I have very little knowledge there, as I buy almost everything in bulk.

Curious, what's a Blizzard Orthrus cost nowadays? Both colours, if anyone knows?
I've owned two but bought at different times from people in different countries. If we're talking mint i'd say at least $50 - $60 for the normal and about 15 - 20 more for the dark blue one.
I have a question; What is a Customize Engine Weight, and what do they do?
Customise Engine Weight are abbreviated to as CEW if that's more of a familiar term. Basically, it's the tip that's used on a engine gear, which can be changed with custmise engine gears.
what purpose do bitchips serve? Dont warn me just wandering
They usually serve as the decorative piece
None. Other than for tourtament legality purposes, the use or inclusion of a bitchip in your beyblade combo is completely unnecisary. That siad, it makes your bey look cooler, and thats about it. If you ever enter a plastics tourtament, be sure to have a bitchip on your bey. Otherwise it wont matter other than for it bring decorative
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:05 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: None. Other than for tourtament legality purposes, the use or inclusion of a bitchip in your beyblade combo is completely unnecisary. That siad, it makes your bey look cooler, and thats about it. If you ever enter a plastics tourtament, be sure to have a bitchip on your bey. Otherwise it wont matter other than for it bring decorative
Quote from Page 12 of the Universal Rules:
Quote:Bit Chip (Plastics)
‣ If a Bit Chip is knocked off of a Beyblade during a BeyBattle, you are not to remove it
from the BeyStadium. Leave it and allow the BeyBattle to proceed as normal.
‣ You are not obligated to use a Bit Chip
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:13 AM)CRUelty Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:05 AM)LeonTempestXIII Wrote: None. Other than for tourtament legality purposes, the use or inclusion of a bitchip in your beyblade combo is completely unnecisary. That siad, it makes your bey look cooler, and thats about it. If you ever enter a plastics tourtament, be sure to have a bitchip on your bey. Otherwise it wont matter other than for it bring decorative
‣ If a Bit Chip is knocked off of a Beyblade during a BeyBattle, you are not to remove it

So DO i use one or not? That is IF i had a plastic bey
@CRUelty's post: Why this thread is awesome. Proof that we needed this

Thank you CRUelty, and thank you for this thread, th!nk

Why was Bakuten Shoot's 1st series called Bakuten Shoot 2000? Obviously released in the year 2000, but no other series preceded it, so why even bother with the year in the tittle?
Clonetos
You can if you want, but as the rules say, you do not have to. I personally do, but that's just because I find the colors of the Spin Gears horrendous while they're spinning.
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:23 AM)Clonetos Wrote:
(Feb. 15, 2012  4:13 AM)CRUelty Wrote:

So DO i use one or not? That is IF i had a plastic bey

Only if you want to

You don't have to, but you are allowed to.

There's also an exceptionally rare metal bit chip from Takara that can be used to add weight, but they're impossible to find.

EDIT: Looks like you guys have me covered, Imma go back to sleep.
Bit chips just look nicer. Without it your bey not only looks incomplete, but its spin gear shows, which as Cruelty stated, looks not as nice as a bitchip when spinning.

Bitchips also have a small rim that protects the sticker inside the bitchip should you chose to use the bitchip, or even the sticker. I wish the MFB facebolt had a similar rim...

IMO, bitchips sometimes look really cool upsidedown/without a sticker, but I perfer the sticker. Because MFB stickers are so generic, I could care less. Each plastics sticker is unique for that blade most of the time, so for me the stickers are important. Beyblade isnt named in plastics by part use, so really all you have to go on is your bitbeast and a bunch of parts you mashed together. It is actualy really fun
0_0 METAL BITCHIP?!?!?!

Sleep well my friend. You earned the rest. I know I will sleep well anyway, now that we have this thread

Then agian, I might stay up all night obbsessing about a metal bitchip I now want oh so badly...
They're impossible to find and have a market price around $100. There were a grand total of two on this entire site last I checked.

It's one of the small size ones which you need a protector for, but yeah.

Hasbro released something similar which was an attachment point for figurines however it is not intended for actual use, and the only way to fit it on is upside down, with the plastic protrusion inside an HMC. It was a normal sized bit chip, with plastic edging, iirc.

I don't even want one at that price...

Anyway, bit chips are my favourite beyblade part, choosing the right one for the beyblade is something I try to put a lot of thought into, haha.
I remember the figurine attachment points. But how does one obtain the normal bitchip protectors?

And agian, other than it being named after the year, why "Bakuten Shoot 2000? It is the 1st beyblade series, so there was no reason to extend the name
Honestly, I've obtained all mine through buying earlier beyblades, and moreso just by buying Deikailo's Bitchip collection.

Normal size bits are much more reliable anyway, as the attachment points they rely on aren't as fragile as those the smaller ones need.

As for the second one, try the anime and manga q and a thread. Should be a link in the OP.
Why is the stadium not mentioned on the box anyway, from what I can see.
No idea, but the box looks too large to not contain one.

It's a rather early release, so there's not much info around, sadly.
This image may help.. it is too small and after enlarging it I am unable to read the Katakana letters well.. so maybe it has the name of the stadium as well [Image: ykomatta-img600x450-1329237536cw4dxi92759.jpg]