[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Hey, if the tip of driger s can't maintain survival and only go aggressive that means the tip is too worn?
Could also be your launch, it's not super-easy to control. As long as it still has a point in the center it's not too worn.
How much of a point should this be? Because mine does the same thing.
I don't know at what point the inability to stay still disappears tbh. I tend to find if I bank lightly mine stay calm, but that's probably because I'm compensating for the slope the tip lands on or whatever, as I don't have a particularly steady launch.

Personally though I find with driger s combos a flower-pattern launch is generally the way to go against most things, to wear down their stamina or KO them.

TBH though the only driger s tips I have that go aggro are sonokong ones and my old one I used to use in woks etc. If you're only using them on legal surfaces it'd take a very, very long time to wear a metal tip down.
I have a Dragoon F and it doesn't move around in the stadium. Can I still use it?
(Jun. 13, 2013  4:03 PM)th!nk Wrote: Someone did try it for me, I wish I could remember who but I don't want to attribute it to the wrong person...

Apparently it has a lot of recoil. I'm not sure whether that would be compensated for by ariel 2's tip or not, but you'd have to be at least as crazy as me to actually use it - and a hell of a lot richer to boot.

EDIT: Yeah honestly stuffed if I know why it's so expensive. It's rarer than it should be but still nowhere near enough to justify what people pay for it. Heck people have paid a lot for the ugly mustard-colored one... A matter of people having more money than sense IMO.

This is what Vegitto had written for me for Beyblade Spirit back in 2005 or 2006 :
Quote:This attack ring is quite big and pretty heavy. It is made of eight spikes, two big spikes and 6 smaller fin like spikes. This attack ring has quite a good smash attack, though it has way too much recoil which mostly kills itself.

This is the normal semi flat base as we know it, though I have noticed that this version has little more attack then the normal version.

This beyblade comes with MW core. Poseidon is not really a good blade, the recoil on the attack ring makes this beyblade kill itself, though the attack ring might be useful in customs. - Vegitto
what i don't get is that every battle i see there flying everywhere and i don't think they were attack types
It doesn't matter. Plastics have a lot of Smash. This makes it very possible for KOs to happen.
what is the best plastic combo with my plastics: wyborg, wolborg 2, driger v, knight dranzer, rollar defender, gigars, trygle,trypio,bump king, draciel v2, rock bison, and draciel mbd base?
Zombie Combo: AR: Draciel V2 WD: 8 Heavy: BB: Wolborg 2
thanks shining god ms. any other combos from you or anybody else?
(Jun. 18, 2013  11:57 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Zombie Combo: AR: Draciel V2 WD: 8 Heavy: BB: Wolborg 2

I think wide defense or wide survivor might work better.

edit: oh nvm sorry

edit 2: shock tiger from driger v might work better

edit 3: im such an idiot
Yeah, actually I do!
Defense: AR: Gigars WD: 8 Heavy BB: Draciel MBD
Uhh guys... all those combos are terrible.

Strike Turtle isn't good(especially for stamina), and I Driger V's base(which is the best part)isn't good, which pretty much means Shock Tiger if that is what its called is good...

And, um... Gigars' AR is only decent for attack, and certainly not for defense. 8 Heavy is a bad Weight Disk. Metal Ball Base has okay defense, but is for compacts.

@UltmiteOrion: Unfortunately, all your ARs are pretty bad, minus Triple Wing, which you don't have any good bases for. I'd recommend stuff such as Driger S, Wolborg 4, Wide Defense, Dragoon V2, and Metal Driger.
I've told him that to on Skype Shinobu... just tried to see what good combos he could make.
(Jun. 18, 2013  8:46 PM)Kai-V Wrote: This is what Vegitto had written for me for Beyblade Spirit back in 2005 or 2006 :
Quote:This attack ring is quite big and pretty heavy. It is made of eight spikes, two big spikes and 6 smaller fin like spikes. This attack ring has quite a good smash attack, though it has way too much recoil which mostly kills itself.

This is the normal semi flat base as we know it, though I have noticed that this version has little more attack then the normal version.

This beyblade comes with MW core. Poseidon is not really a good blade, the recoil on the attack ring makes this beyblade kill itself, though the attack ring might be useful in customs. - Vegitto
Thanks for that! The real pain with AR's like that is finding out whether their recoil can be controlled (like mirage goddess, dark wing, corona saber etc) or not (like Cybernetic Dragon) - though at least in this case given the price of the AR and the setup that would be needed to do so, I doubt anyone is ever going to need to know for sure.

(Jun. 18, 2013  8:46 PM)RagerBlade Wrote: I have a Dragoon F and it doesn't move around in the stadium. Can I still use it?

Make sure the tip is clean, and try launching harder. If that doesn't help then the base is probably not legal. Top down and side-on pictures of the tip are the only way I could really tell if it was legal or not, though.

(Jun. 18, 2013  8:52 PM)Kisame Akatsuki Wrote: what i don't get is that every battle i see there flying everywhere and i don't think they were attack types

There were a lot of aggressive attack rings and not many tips that could handle that - and the two basically never came together in one beyblade. So uncustomized battles tend to be quite violent.

(Jun. 18, 2013  11:55 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: what is the best plastic combo with my plastics: wyborg, wolborg 2, driger v, knight dranzer, rollar defender, gigars, trygle,trypio,bump king, draciel v2, rock bison, and draciel mbd base?

Compact thing:
AR: Roller Defense Ring
WD: 10 Heavy
BB: Metal Ball Base
As a kinda defensive compact, though MBB is more of a stamina-compact base, and really needs 4 metal balls to work well, so it's probably not going to be that effective. Might outspin some stuff though, so you could try 10 Balance on it to boost the stamina further. Not very versatile though, but takes hits better than the next combo:

Stamina thing:
WD: 10 Balance
BB: Semi Flat Base (Roller Defenser or Pumpking)
Might outspin some things, but the defense is bad.

Defense Thing But Probably Not Good:
WD: 10 Heavy/10 Balance
SG/BB: Wolborg 2

This will probably suck, but if you really need defense it might be your best bet (will probably just get outspun though even if it doesn't get KO'd).

If the gigars is hasbro then -
Attack Kinda:
AR: Triple Wing
WD: Probably 10 Balance, but try 8 Wide.
SG: Gigars + Gigars CEW
BB: Rock Bison

If it's takara then you won't be able to do much with it because of the EG gimmick. Don't be too disappointed though because triple wing is still going to be too high up to do much. Get ready to bank deep.

Best purchase is a wolborg 4 to make this:
WD: 10 Balance
EG: Rock Bison
BB: Wolborg 4
CEW Part: Wolborg 4

Which is a solid enough circle survivor defense combo. Wolborg 4 also comes with 10 wide which would upgrade the attack combo, albeit only slightly.

(btw guys if you didn't guess from this post, Roller Defense Ring actually works pretty decently from my testing, at least in terms of defense and having passable stamina, but I've only really tested it on Circle Survivor combos, I made a post about it in plastics parts discussion when I got it. I intend to try it for other stuff today but I'd be surprised if the next best thing he has, which is probably sonic tiger, did better anyway, because it's just not very good).

(Jun. 18, 2013  11:57 PM)Shining God MS Wrote: Zombie Combo: AR: Draciel V2 WD: 8 Heavy: BB: Wolborg 2

Yeah, actually I do!
Defense: AR: Gigars WD: 8 Heavy BB: Draciel MBD

I've told him that to on Skype Shinobu... just tried to see what good combos he could make.

Sorry, but could you please leave answering to the people who know what they're doing? You barely ever get things right and it wastes our time, but even moreso it misleads people, and right now we really don't want that (especially with remembrance day coming up relatively soon). I know you're trying to help but it's doing more harm than good. Thanks.
Kyler_the best, same thing goes for you, thanks.
is there a list of the top tier attack ARs? if not: can someone list them to me?

Also, how do you fix wolborg 2's tip in place? (SGs, my only weakness when understanding customizing!)
I'm still determining whether a few things are or aren't and don't have it all written out correctly enough that I am comfortable posting it, sorry. Anyone who does answer that question right now would almost certainly miss a few. I'll try to get a rough version with the maybes noted separately written out for you in the next couple of days as I have to do it soon anyway.

You have to use Dranzer S's casings and burning kerberous' base. Be careful when removing it - push it out from the bottom, don't pull, or you risk separating the rubber of the tip from the plastic it surrounds.
Okay, so I was looking at the little amount of plastics I have and I was wondering, which is better for smash?
The AR from Rock Bison in right spin, or Whale Crusher (from Seaborg 2) in left spin?
And what is a common price of Kid Dragoon?
Rock Bison's AR is recoily and dumb in both directions, Whale Crusher is recoily and dumb in left and decent in right, mostly for upper where the width helps it get under stuff, but it has some smash too, which is good because upper attack doesn't actually work that well as it turns out - most compacts wall them, let alone anything actually focussed on defense that doesn't also have a recoily base (based on some tests I posted a while back/general experience). However it really has to be used on a low base to work well.

That's on the price reference list on beywiki IIRC, used they can go pretty cheap though. I'd suggest getting a Driger G instead if you're looking for a competitive attack AR (or Driger V2 if you can afford it).

Seeing as you're coming from MFB, I'll give you a tip (or an essay, oops!):
Recoil is really, really bad in plastics. This is the generation of spikes and stuff, where contact points were actual points, not flat faces - flat faces got laughed at (see: Draciel AR's). There are some AR's that have kinda flat faces that can work because those faces are still decently angled or have spike attack (check the smash attack article) but those all require very expensive bases to not fly backwards out of the ring without losing all of the power that makes using them worthwhile. Attack is not a cheap type because the two tips that are fast and able to handle recoil well are also expensive and hard to find. It kinda sucks but on the other hand, Driger G's AR on Dragoon V2's base works pretty nicely anyway - it's a pretty defensive generation (like MFB) so generally with attack you just aim not to face defense rather than to beat it (like current MFB), especially as circle survivor defense combos are cheap to build (part of why using pure upper attack is basically pointless).
Also, part availability is a huge factor in tournaments, people will often place without a single completely top-tier combination (though basically all plastics scenes have one person with a good collection) or at least, with the lower end of a top tier that has been expanded for exactly that reason. So, don't stress too much about not having the best of the best, even though I don't talk about much else right now because I'm a very, very lucky person and I don't really feel like talking about 'okay' parts when there are so many good parts!

It's probably a bit of a shock (I wouldn't know, but I imagine so), but then most plastics tournaments are more about the novelty for new bladers and nostalgia for older bladers than high-stakes competition - it's a much more pleasant, enjoyable atmosphere IMO.
ok thanks th!nk i will try them but is there any more plastic combos?
Those directly outclass everything else you can make - you can use Driger V's base and sg or knight dranzer's base with driger V's sg for other compact bases but that's about it right now.

Also, best you remove that huge quote from your post. This thread isn't so active that it's hard to tell who you're responding to if you address them by name Wink
Can someone build me some combos, since im not to good with plastics?

I have:[spoiler]
seaborg
burning kerberous
voltaic ape
master dragoon
dragoon g
dragoon s
master dranzer
galman
galeon
wolborg
draciel mbd
dranzer f
dranzer s
and a sonic tiger AR

thanks in advance.
whenever i get a new draciel mbd the AR breaks i got already and both broke in the first day. has anybody else ever had this problem with draciel mbd before?
(Jun. 19, 2013  6:02 PM)Kyler_the best Wrote: Can someone build me some combos, since im not to good with plastics?

I have:[spoiler]
seaborg
burning kerberous
voltaic ape
master dragoon
dragoon g
dragoon s
master dranzer
galman
galeon
wolborg
draciel mbd
dranzer f
dranzer s
and a sonic tiger AR

thanks in advance.
Darn so many mismatched parts.

Spin Stealer/Anti-Zombie Combo (get used to weak launching)
AR: Galeon
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Left or Right SG - always opposite to opponent
BB: Dranzer S

Attack Combo:
AR: Dragoon G
WD: 10 Wide
SG: Left SG
BB: Dragoon S
Launch like your life depends on it if you want the base to move well enough to KO most compacts.

Compact
AR: Galeon
WD: Heavy
BB: Metal Ball Base (4 balls if possible)

"Way to get outspun by everything but I guess it's pure defense but you probably shouldn't bother ok"
AR: Galeon (or just use galman's because it's less likely to break and doesn't perform that much worse in this)
WD: Heavy
SG: Right SG (MG Core)
BB: Seaborg

... That's about it. Galeon's AR has some breakage issues because it's thin but you don't have much else and it IS top tier soooo.

Get a wide defense/wide survivor, maybe a driger S for the AR (you can get by just fine with war lion I just find they break to easy but I use very aggressive combos), and also a metal driger for the WD/HMC.

(Jun. 19, 2013  6:06 PM)UltimiteOrion Wrote: whenever i get a new draciel mbd the AR breaks i got already and both broke in the first day. has anybody else ever had this problem with draciel mbd before?

A lot of the AR's from the four layer system have breakage issues due to their thin-ness. That's some pretty bad luck, though. I've used mine a couple of times but that was on Wide Defense/Survivor which lowers the recoil a lot - kinda glad you posted this because one of the combos I put together with the intent of making a bunch of extremely generic-looking beys to mess around with was using it and I don't want to break mine, so uh, thanks and condolences I guess.