[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

So I got a NIB Wolborg today and when I put it together for some reason the SG doesnt really move. I you try to move it your self it goes about a half rotation then stops then goes again. I think its because its really old, like the sticker sheet is dried up old.
(Feb. 11, 2013  9:32 PM)mokujon Wrote: I know this isn't the best picture but could anyone try and identify any of these beyblades for me. If your able to identify these would they be worth buying? The person selling them wants $27 for them. I'm still new to this and would appreciate the help. Thanks.

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b77/jo...er/Bey.jpg

(From left to right)
Kid Draciel, Bump King, Draciel F, Jumping Base, Galzzly
Griffolyon, Driger F

the most useful parts would be the Griffolyon (its AR for attack), Driger S(its AR foe survival)
the driger F blade base could be helpful in some customization (i forgot which one), and the Sub-AR for Galzzly could be a good combination if you have good attack blade base and Gaia Dragoon V.
All for 27$, i think it is a god price.

(Feb. 11, 2013  10:50 PM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: So I got a NIB Wolborg today and when I put it together for some reason the SG doesnt really move. I you try to move it your self it goes about a half rotation then stops then goes again. I think its because its really old, like the sticker sheet is dried up old.

is the bearing shaft straight? or any excess plastics on the tip or bearing case? if no, try to apply some oil on the shaft and see if it going to be fine. If there is rust,try to sand the rusted part.
Ok so i was messing around to try to find a decent defense combo. I had this :

heavy weight def :

AR master draciel
WD 10 heavy
SG right sg Heavy Metal Core
BB Draciel S w/ 4 metal balls

I tough that attack ring was pretty bad, tho i dont have a upper dragoon ( master dragoon), so i tough i would try triple tiger ( driger G ) just for testing. ( it have a very round shape too and thinking about upper dragoon made me think of this AR )

it appeared to be far more effective than i tough. the very heavy weight base make it have a good spin rate and even tho it would not have any offensive movement and stay in the center of the stadium, it was sending other blade stadium out ! combo like dragoon v2 with eight spiker AR was alway send out stadium !

i found that pretty interesting lol , kinda Upper Defense combo ?

edit : oops i messed up the combo, now its corrected lol
(Feb. 13, 2013  5:06 AM)CrAzyMEtALMoNkE Wrote: Ok so i was messing around to try to find a decent defense combo. I had this :

heavy weight def :

AR master draciel
WD 10 heavy
SG right sg Heavy Metal Core
BB Draciel F w/ 4 metal balls

I tough that attack ring was pretty bad, tho i dont have a upper dragoon ( master dragoon), so i tough i would try triple tiger ( driger G ) just for testing. ( it have a very round shape too and thinking about upper dragoon made me think of this AR )

it appeared to be far more effective than i tough. the very heavy weight base make it have a good spin rate and even tho it would not have any offensive movement and stay in the center of the stadium, it was sending other blade stadium out ! combo like dragoon v2 with eight spiker AR was alway send out stadium !

i found that pretty interesting lol , kinda Upper Defense combo ?
IIRC. if you had a Voltaic Ape and Driger V2, you could use Ape's SP with Driger v2's BB
which would be better than Draciel's BB w/4 metal balls.
(Feb. 13, 2013  6:54 AM)Sniperâ„¢ Wrote: IIRC. if you had a Voltaic Ape and Driger V2, you could use Ape's SP with Driger v2's BB
which would be better than Draciel's BB w/4 metal balls.

I will try this one out.

Also i realized i messed up .. it was draciel S base with 4 metal balls lol
Yeah, Customize Metal Change Base+Defense Ring is straight better than SG Metal Ball.

Wombat:
(Feb. 11, 2013  3:09 PM)Ultra Wrote: Wide Defence and a HMC (from Takara Metal Driger) would improve the attack combo. There are improvements that could be made on the base but they're expensive things like Grip Attacker and Ariel 2. For the Defence combo Driger S' AR would better than War Lion and Wide Defence would the WD to have. As for spinning left yes you can do that by putting in Dragoon V2's SG. While you can buy Gaia Dragoon V for your next buy i'd say that a Driger S AR would be a better choice.

An HMC will only slow the attacker down. At most, you want an MG Core, which I find ideal. The main improvement would be getting Wide Defense, but Driger V2/G's AR's would improve the attacking range (though they perform worse against Circle Survivor Defense), though for G you'd have trouble with suitable SP (Survivor Ring is optimal), and generally I use Cross Survivor or Defense Ring with V2's AR, preferrably the former as it has better weight distribution for attack.

Don't need to bother with gaia dragoon V, Customize Grip Base is generally better, though Cross Griffon doesn't work too great on it compared to lower bases (especially grip base).

You'd need to get wide defense to improve the defender, and Ultra is right about Tiger Defenser being better than War Lion (though war lion+gaia dragoon G's SAR is okay), because attackers can catch underneath war lion (and the shape is more recoily than TD, as well as less well balanced). I would suggest going with AR: War Lion WD: Wide Defense>10 Balance and then Wolborg 4 on the lower parts. That will mess up a lot of attackers, though if you're getting really serious you may want to look into a defensive zombie eventually (especially because of how versatile they are), in which case you can get away with defense grip base 2 for the base (unless you're facing really good attackers it won't make a big difference compared to Dragoon V2's (which would also need better SP), but the survival granted by Defense Grip Base 2 IS useful against the random combos you'll tend to face at tournaments), but you'll need wide defense and one of the better Left-Spin defensive zombie AR's like Metal Dranzer's.

Wide defense is your top priority, basically, and Driger V2 would also be a great buy. If you get driger V2, Metal Driger is worth getting for the HMC, though wide defense is more useful.
Can someone help me identify the parts of this bey, I searched Beywiki and I could not find the information. Sorry about the low quality images PS:I am sorry if the info is on there and I have not found it Also, I paid £4 for this, was it worth it?
Ok...I'm gonna try here. That BB is the base to Dragoon F, the WD looks like maybe a Wide or 8 balance. The AR is Master Dranzer. I think.
Master Dranzer's not on Beywiki, but Dragoon V2 is.
(Feb. 13, 2013  11:35 PM)Outnumbered Wrote: Ok...I'm gonna try here. That BB is the base to Dragoon V2, the WD looks like maybe a Wide or 8 balance. The AR is Master Dranzer. I think.
And it is on Beywiki.

Thanks for your help, I had no idea what BB was, I thought it was from a dragoon but I could not tell which one.
The BB is actually Dragoon F, I just edited my post.
Yeah it was alright although sometimes with ebay UK you can get a whole lot for around that price.
Hey! Can anything competative be made from the following Blades?
.Dragoon G
.Draciel G
.Gaia Dragoon G
.Driger G
.Driger V2
.Burning Kerberous
.Galeon
.Orthros G
.Master Dranzer
.Wolborg 1 BB and SG
.Semi Flat BB
I don't mind on the type of Blade
Not really. The best you've got atm is uncustomised Driger V2. You need more parts. Buy a Wide Survivor WD, Driger S AR, Neo Left Spin gear and a Voltaic Ape you can make a good zombie combo.
ok heres is my question :

what would be a reasonable offer for these three beyblade, all are used, in good condition :

Gabriel (silver)
Dark Driger
Grip Attacker ( tip is worn a bit, but how could it not be uh ? )

I have pretty much no idea on what to offer, i would like to give a good offer but not get screwed either lol..
Thanks for help !
Is the Howling Leo AR any good ? Or there just hasn't been any extensive testing to conclude .. ?
(Feb. 15, 2013  9:38 AM)Ultra Wrote: Not really. The best you've got atm is uncustomised Driger V2. You need more parts. Buy a Wide Survivor WD, Driger S AR, Neo Left Spin gear and a Voltaic Ape you can make a good zombie combo.

Wide defense and an HMC (from metal driger) would be a better purchase, to be honest. Driger V2 is deadly with the right upgrades, and the wide defense could also be used on the zombie (albeit less effectively than wide survivor, but yeah).

(Feb. 16, 2013  5:17 PM)Cannon Wrote: Is the Howling Leo AR any good ? Or there just hasn't been any extensive testing to conclude .. ?

No real testing, but it looks darned terrible, poor angles/contact point exposure etc, and the few things I've read about it say it's a terrible follow up to War Lion.
Hello this is a selling question -

I have a Dranzer Gt un boxed and a Dranzer GT fully boxed and un opened
I was wondering the value of them and how much to maybe sell them for. Since i have two of the blade i am tempted to sell one not that i know which to sell but....... Any ideas?
(Feb. 16, 2013  10:35 PM)Darkiekun Wrote: Hello this is a selling question -

I was wondering the value of them and how much to maybe sell them for. Since i have two of the blade i am tempted to sell one not that i know which to sell but....... Any ideas?

Here is a reference list for the values of most Plastics. The used one shoulc go for about $75 and the new one should go for about $100.
(Feb. 16, 2013  10:46 PM)Wombat Wrote:
(Feb. 16, 2013  10:35 PM)Darkiekun Wrote: Hello this is a selling question -

Here is a reference list for the values of most Plastics. The used one shoulc go for about $75 and the new one should go for about $100.

depend on how used they are..if it is mint..it should be in the range 80-90 USD
too used one might only worth for 40-50USD..

(Feb. 16, 2013  4:57 AM)CrAzyMEtALMoNkE Wrote: ok heres is my question :

what would be a reasonable offer for these three beyblade, all are used, in good condition :

Gabriel (silver)
Dark Driger
Grip Attacker ( tip is worn a bit, but how could it not be uh ? )

I have pretty much no idea on what to offer, i would like to give a good offer but not get screwed either lol..
Thanks for help !

Dark Driger worth about 40-45USD could be a nice price while Gabriel is rare though..in the range of 60++ USD..
Grip attacker, it could be very expensive if it is NIB...but if used...its hard though to estimate..overall condition? used with scratches, a little dent, little worned out tip..maybe 30-35 USD.
clear version grip attacker can be costly though..
I'm a bit confused about shafts and other parts of a bearing SG... Beywiki talks about using different shafts on SGs. How does it all work? Do you take apart the SG and mix it with others?

And are bearing SGs and Bases in one piece or two?
(Feb. 17, 2013  5:23 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: Dark Driger worth about 40-45USD could be a nice price while Gabriel is rare though..in the range of 60++ USD..
Grip attacker, it could be very expensive if it is NIB...but if used...its hard though to estimate..overall condition? used with scratches, a little dent, little worned out tip..maybe 30-35 USD.

Thanks for the info ! i didnt got the Gabriel , was too expensive for my budget for the moment.
i did got the other two at fair price tho. The grip attacker is used but doesnt look too worned. the tip is worned down a bit but look pretty decent to me.

Also, i added some quite nice parts to my collection and i am interested to learn what would be best combo for upper attack, right spin smash attack, LEFT SPIN smash attack , zombie, grip defense, balanced, Left spin compact. any other good idea is welcome but these are the one im moslty trying to figure out Tongue_out . If you feel there are some parts i really should get for a certain combo, please tell me too !

Heres my updated list :
(Feb. 18, 2013  8:17 AM)CrAzyMEtALMoNkE Wrote:
(Feb. 17, 2013  5:23 AM)Benjohadi Wrote: Dark Driger worth about 40-45USD could be a nice price while Gabriel is rare though..in the range of 60++ USD..

Thanks for the info ! i didnt got the Gabriel , was too expensive for my budget for the moment.
i did got the other two at fair price tho. The grip attacker is used but doesnt look too worned. the tip is worned down a bit but look pretty decent to me.

Also, i added some quite nice parts to my collection and i am interested to learn what would be best combo for upper attack, right spin smash attack, LEFT SPIN smash attack , zombie, grip defense, balanced, Left spin compact. any other good idea is welcome but these are the one im moslty trying to figure out Tongue_out . If you feel there are some parts i really should get for a certain combo, please tell me too !

Heres my updated list :

All right, I'm going to try this. If someone more experienced with Plastics corrects me, listen to them instead.

Alright, I hope that wasn't a total train wreck. I think I knew what I was talking about to an extent, but I wanted to try this as a learning experience. th!nk or Ultra could definitely give you better advice.
It was alright. Few things though:

-You don't want to use Wolborg 2's tip on a normal zombie combo.
-War Lion doesn't go with Dragon Saucer. It only really goes well with the Hasbro version of Gabriel's AR. Also Tiger Defenser is better anyway.
Wombat..yes..storm grip base is overrated...your best choice most probably Customize Grip Base (dragoon v2 right? correct me if i am wrong..hahah..)
Ultra: I did some more testing and war lion does OK with dragon saucer. Would probably still go with Tiger Defenser though, yeah.

Will look at the rest of this stuff later, I've just woken up haha