[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

Wierd. I'm like the recolour master and i've never seen/heard of it either. The BBA championship is just a normal Driger S too. Don't know. One thing I can say for certain though is that the bit chip sticker is not a Hasbro one. Hasbro never had that GER4 thing on their bit chips (or any kind of writing for that matter).
(Sep. 19, 2012  6:59 PM)th!nk Wrote: Yep. FWIW, my Hasbro Jumping Base AR is significantly heavier than all of my other tiger defensers (and Sonokong's, being smaller, is significantly lighter). Mightn't be the same with yours as it's a mold I don't see there (same as your jumping base one but the cross things on the main "wings" are further forward. The extra weight seems to come from everything being less "dug out".

Also, the base of my hasbro one doesn't have the "clock" symbol you see on a lot of plastic stuff. As that clock sits on a raised column of plastic, removing it results in a significantly lighter base, but as that weight would have been off-centre, it should also result in better balance.

Anyway, google got me nowhere, though I did find an image of the BBA Championship Driger S, it was the usual grey color with a full length bitchip (though it used the later g-rev box (grey/blue/red), and even if it was released in the first BBA Championship packaging I'm pretty sure I bought mine before the bba champs thing started).

Very odd.

Well, yey for mystery Beyblade! XD
I sent the person I bought it from where they got it. Maybe I can track it back to it's roots, and sort this mystery out!
(I feel like part of the Scooby gang)

The Hasbro Driger S release with the "Championship Series". Was that the first Driger that Hasbro Released then?(Like in the bottom of this picture)(That's the one my Hasbro Driger S grey is)
I can't find any pictures of any other packaging from Hasbro for Grey Driger S, it just seems weird the first version they released would be a 'special' series.

(Sep. 19, 2012  7:07 PM)Ultra Wrote: Wierd. I'm like the recolour master and i've never seen/heard of it either. The BBA championship is just a normal Driger S too. Don't know. One thing I can say for certain though is that the bit chip sticker is not a Hasbro one. Hasbro never had that GER4 thing on their bit chips (or any kind of writing for that matter).

I realised the stickers were messed up, unfortuantly I get that alot when buying older Beys, luckily ordering new stickers so hopefully can make them authentic looking again =)

Hehe, I keep discovering new Drigers! Collecting them all seems to be an impossible taks. I find one and buy it, then I discover 4 more exist!! D= my newest discovery was Clear Blue Driger S, and those championship ones you found Ultra, lol.
Yeah I've known about that for a while looks sick. Too bad it's so hard to find.
No, the definitely released it as one of their early beyblades. There are pictures of its original packaging around.
That's the only championship series box I've seen, but I wouldn't be surprised if I just hadn't looked hard enough for another. Definitely can't find anything on that blue one though, sadly.

Nice to know they did make another long bitchip one, though I still strongly doubt mine was a championship one though as I bought it the first time I saw a Dragoon F, and it was much, much later that I ran into a BBA Championship (original boxes) black dranzer and decided not to buy it, amongst other bba championship beys - while I was still hunting for a dragoon F, I believe.

Also, some hasbro stickers did have the GER4 thing on them. Mine does, but lacks the katakana of takara versions. I'm absolutely sure it's legit, and there's no way I got any bit chip into that kind of condition in the time since I've been able to get Takara stuff.
Was there ever a Black/Clear version of UFD?
http://www.kcn.ne.jp/~kids/bb/bey/special-syoki.htm Scroll down to the UFD section. All the versions are on there. At least all the ones that are known.
(Sep. 22, 2012  1:18 PM)Ultra Wrote: http://www.kcn.ne.jp/~kids/bb/bey/special-syoki.htm Scroll down to the UFD section. All the versions are on there. At least all the ones that are known.

Oh thank you, the NIP one looks silver to me, I think thats the one I have seen on ebay before.
Hasbro hidden spirits generally (if not always) have poles on the ar's instead of the base which adds recoil issues and weight (not good for attackers) to the only worthwhile part of both of those beys (the two best hidden spirit parts overall, too). Takara Griffolyons are quite easy to find and generally I wouldn't suggest spending money on a Hayate unless it was cheap because the AR, while extremely powerful, has major recoil issues which makes it hard to use well.

Hope that's clear enough, illness has clogged up my sinuses a bit so it's hard to think straight haha.
Today is a very sad day. It occurred to me that this Beyblade that I have cherished since its original release might be a fake. Can anyone confirm this? XD

Looks fake to me. Proper pics of the inside of the base and underside of the attack ring would be good though.
(Sep. 25, 2012  10:56 PM)Ultra Wrote: Looks fake to me. Proper pics of the inside of the base and underside of the attack ring would be good though.

Attack ring is the metal, right? Its identical on both sides ...

Is $11.50 good for a NIB Driger G? I just ordered one yesterday.
(Sep. 25, 2012  11:01 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: Attack ring is the metal, right? Its identical on both sides ...

By metal, do you mean the Metal that goes in between the two plastic pieces? If you do, those are called Weight Disks. The Attack Ring is the Top Plastic piece. You might want to show the underside of that... If that says either Takara/Hasbro/Sono Kong, it's real. If it doesn't... You know the upsetting story.

(Sep. 25, 2012  11:20 PM)Tri Wrote: Is $11.50 good for a NIB Driger G? I just ordered one yesterday.

Yes, I believe. Although, most Driger G's go for around $9-13. But nonetheless, it's a great purchase. It comes with a great AR & WD to make up for it's "meh" BB & EG.
Thanks, that's good to hear. I could have got one for $10 but the one I bought had really fast shipping. It should be here tomorrow or Thursday.
@Angrysomniac:
The molding looks a bit dodgy, but then SonoKong did that. Information on non-Western manufacturers during the plastic era is extremely scarce, and judging by the text it would be an Arabic one - I don't know if there was an Arabic distributor and finding any information on it would be practically impossible.

Is there any text molded into the inside of the base? That's the usual location for Draciel S's.
Is there any launcher called engine gear launcher?
Yes, it's been discussed in some detail before, janstarblast has one and wrote a fair bit about it. I can't find the exact post but it'll be in one of the plastic threads. It's a hasbro remake of an earlier takara launcher (#11 IIRC).

EDIT: Here's some of the discussion:
http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Plastics...#pid901518
(Sep. 26, 2012  2:22 PM)zflare3 Wrote: I managed to obtain Gaia dragoons BB.
I ws wondering, what is a good SG?
I know about Wide defense as a good WD, but are there any different good WD?

good sg?haha..in terms of what?generally..most people like neo sg (hmc core) for its weight..
but for zombies, burning kerberous bering sg is preferable...
(Sep. 26, 2012  2:30 PM)zflare3 Wrote: ^^
Forgot to say I needed it for A Trygle combo, sorry XD
Currently I have:
Trygle AR
Gaia Dragoon V's base(On it's way, I brought it)
But I need A good SgUnhappy
The WD I have:
Trygle WD
Dragoon G WD
Dragoon S phantom force Weight disk.

you must get a metal driger..for its hmc core cince you already have the right casing for the hms that is gaia dragoon v sg...
my suggestion would be:
AR: Trygle
WD: I used 10 Heavy last time..and i dont experiment a lot with WD..so th!nk would know more which WD is better..
SG: Gaia Dragoon V + HMC Core
BB:Gaia Dragoon V

P/S:you might want to get Galzzly as Dragon Breaker combo is magnificent that i heard..
Eurgh, no. If you have to use an HMC with SG Metal Flat 2 with triple wing you need to practice launching. MG Core+10 Wide handles the recoil fine.
haha..i used to that set up before...seems fine to me...
wait..eh..i was using upper dragoon before..lol..not triple wing..my mistake..XD..but any performance difference / recoil issue for using that set up for upper attack and smash attack?
EDIT:LOL....urgh... VVV how naive....off record..i never try using smash attack combo..haha...besides using Triple Tiger..hahah