[Plastics] :: Q&A Thread

(May. 29, 2020  12:17 AM)tubitr Wrote:
(May. 15, 2020  12:43 AM)Kit Fisto Wrote: Whats a "zombie" beyblade?  I am dumb.

It's a Beyblade that relies on spin stealing/spin equalisation to out spin opponents.

No, Zombies and Spin Stealers are separate things. Zombies primarily utilize and were given their name from their High LAD and use spin equalization to boost their effectiveness.
So Zombies are closer to the Opposite spin stamina types of Burst Standard than anything else.
(Jun. 01, 2020  1:42 AM)RacingCheetahz Wrote:
(May. 29, 2020  12:17 AM)tubitr Wrote: It's a Beyblade that relies on spin stealing/spin equalisation to out spin opponents.

No, Zombies and Spin Stealers are separate things. Zombies primarily utilize and were given their name from their High LAD and use spin equalization to boost their effectiveness.
So Zombies are closer to the Opposite spin stamina types of Burst Standard than anything else.

The page https://beyblade.fandom.com/wiki/Zombie starts with the sentence "A Zombie customization is a Beyblade combo that is designed to steal spin from the opponent and have the "Life After Death" ability" tho. 

I know that "spin stealing" isn't exactly the right way way to phrase what happens between opposite spin beys but it's easier to understand than "LAD" and "spin equalisation"
Can anyone tell me the type of stadium that was used for plastic gen tournaments? Or if there was multiple and which one was used the most. Would be much appreciated. Thanks!
Hi, was wondering if this price guide on the page for new in box/packaging beyblades even applicable anymore? https://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-Beyblad...#pid959669

Only got back into collecting about 2 months ago and I see the supply of a lot of things has dried up. I think prices are just whatever you can find them for, I used this initially but found these prices are quite unrealistic now. Granted it was written up in 2012 but people still somehow expect these prices going by the recent chatter on here particularly posts within 2-3 years ago from now.
(Jul. 17, 2020  6:50 AM)BAM_33 Wrote: Can anyone tell me the type of stadium that was used for plastic gen tournaments? Or if there was multiple and which one was used the most. Would be much appreciated. Thanks!

So like a year on...

Tornado Attack/SonoKong Triple Battle Type Stadium (they're identical) are the absolute best. They provide the most consistent results due to a slightly shallower dish preventing too many random vertical hits and have the best tornado ridge, nice and defined which gives attack types the ability to be launched at higher speeds without stuff koing or unnecessary banking. This plus the area after the ridge can also save defense as well which balances this somewhat, and this is again offset by well sized exits reducing wall saves. Overall it reduces randomness and encourages more aggressive play, and is IMO the best stadium Takara ever designed. It's a shame that they are very hard to find now and fragile due to the thin plastic (at least the sonokong one, dunno about the Takara one), and frankly it would be worth finding a way to privately reproduce them if legal. One of my greatest hopes is that there is just some warehouse somewhere full of them.

BB-10 (Attack Type Beystadium, MFB) would be second choice for me, being similar to TA in dimensions but with a deeper dish and shallower TR, this makes it less consistent but it is overall fine. It used to be popular due to availability. The clear one is also quite durable. Blue one with Pegasis logo is thinner I believe and let's say it doesn't like UV exposure. 

I haven't used the following

Tornado Balance: my understanding is that the exits are smaller than TA, which really isn't ideal for plastics as wall saves really hurt the more explosive, burn bright/burn out style of a lot of the bigger plastics attack combos and would really bias things towards Circle Survivor which is already something of an issue

Burst Standard Stadium: haven't used it but bouncing back in from the pockets being legal is disgusting in plastics and penalises the stronger attack types. If the rebound rule isn't changed then frankly, it should be banned.

Super Control Beystadium: never used it and apparently it's close to bb10 but looks a little goofy. Would love to try one and see how it goes with the aggressive design of plastics, doubt I will get to do so however. 

Hasbro Pro Series Stadium: Truly, utterly awful. Attack types just get KOd by compacts bouncing out of pockets because the pockets are all across from each other. Things fly out of pockets way too easily. Again, rule change or ban it IMO. It isn't historically representative of plastics.
If I don't have tornado attack or a bb10, (which is the case), would I be allowed to submit tests using the burst standard stadium? I want to contribute to the knowledge pool, but I don't want to do testing in a stadium that would skew the results. I can count wall rebounds as KOs if that helps.
(May. 04, 2021  1:22 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: If I don't have tornado attack or a bb10, (which is the case), would I be allowed to submit tests using the burst standard stadium? I want to contribute to the knowledge pool, but I don't want to do testing in a stadium that would skew the results. I can count wall rebounds as KOs if that helps.

Great question. Truthfully I don't like the Burst stadiums for Plastics as the sizing and proportions are all off, from the bowl itself to the walls/cage (it is a different series after all). With that said, if you find interesting things when testing in that stadium, it can't hurt to have someone confirm who has either a BB-10 or Tornado Attack, as you may very well be onto something even in those stadiums. I would hesitate to say those results on their own should be considered to be as legitimate as testing in a Tornado Attack, but definitely supplemental. 
Even BB-10 I was on the fence about for a long time, but it is much more common to find, and it isn't terribly dissimilar to a Tornado Attack, so that too is good supplementary evidence pointing toward whatever conclusion you may have made during testing. I've grown used to it, and consider it about as legit as it can get outside of a Tornado Attack stadium. You might want to consider picking one up second hand from YJA or something. Th!nk may have more to add on this though, but I can't say he wouldn't mind more people being interested in plastics and learning about them, stadiums aside.
(May. 04, 2021  5:11 AM)Dan Wrote:
(May. 04, 2021  1:22 AM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: If I don't have tornado attack or a bb10, (which is the case), would I be allowed to submit tests using the burst standard stadium? I want to contribute to the knowledge pool, but I don't want to do testing in a stadium that would skew the results. I can count wall rebounds as KOs if that helps.

Great question. Truthfully I don't like the Burst stadiums for Plastics as the sizing and proportions are all off, from the bowl itself to the walls/cage (it is a different series after all). With that said, if you find interesting things when testing in that stadium, it can't hurt to have someone confirm who has either a BB-10 or Tornado Attack, as you may very well be onto something even in those stadiums. I would hesitate to say those results on their own should be considered to be as legitimate as testing in a Tornado Attack, but definitely supplemental. 
Even BB-10 I was on the fence about for a long time, but it is much more common to find, and it isn't terribly dissimilar to a Tornado Attack, so that too is good supplementary evidence pointing toward whatever conclusion you may have made during testing. I've grown used to it, and consider it about as legit as it can get outside of a Tornado Attack stadium. You might want to consider picking one up second hand from YJA or something. Th!nk may have more to add on this though, but I can't say he wouldn't mind more people being interested in plastics and learning about them, stadiums aside.

I'll keep looking for a bb10. I almost got my hands on one, but the seller's warehouse literally caught on fire. Luckily I was able to get a refund, but I haven't had much luck since.

Sorry to double post, but I just ordered a nib uriel 2. What parts do I need to use the tip without the base?
Dan nailed it with stadiums. If you count pocket hits as Kos, burst standard could be acceptable enough for comparisons but I don't own one - despite his humility, Dan knows more about that than I do. If you follow the rule book and consider things still in play after pocketing and bouncing back, then your testing is valid, but only for that stadium. Wish Pockets would catch on fire rather than stadiums. Sorry to hear that.

Congrats - welcome to the true baller club, you only need Wolborg 2! It wears down pretty fast though, keep in mind.
(May. 04, 2021  6:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Dan nailed it with stadiums. If you count pocket hits as Kos, burst standard could be acceptable enough for comparisons but I don't own one - despite his humility, Dan knows more about that than I do. If you follow the rule book and consider things still in play after pocketing and bouncing back, then your testing is valid, but only for that stadium. Wish Pockets would catch on fire rather than stadiums. Sorry to hear that.

Congrats - welcome to the true baller club, you only need Wolborg 2! It wears down pretty fast though, keep in mind.

Alright, looks like I'm set to use it then. I'll probably need to get another so I can test bearing base 2 against it, though. As for stadiums, I just managed to snag a used tornado attack, so I'll be able to do some good testing soon. Still need to get a wide survivor wd though.
(May. 04, 2021  7:49 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(May. 04, 2021  6:39 PM)th!nk Wrote: Dan nailed it with stadiums. If you count pocket hits as Kos, burst standard could be acceptable enough for comparisons but I don't own one - despite his humility, Dan knows more about that than I do. If you follow the rule book and consider things still in play after pocketing and bouncing back, then your testing is valid, but only for that stadium. Wish Pockets would catch on fire rather than stadiums. Sorry to hear that.

Alright, looks like I'm set to use it then. I'll probably need to get another so I can test bearing base 2 against it, though. As for stadiums, I just managed to snag a used tornado attack, so I'll be able to do some good testing soon. Still need to get a wide survivor wd though.

Wait you actually managed to get a TA? I've been looking for one more just in case for ages, I haven't seen them pop up at all! Lucky!
(May. 05, 2021  1:58 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(May. 04, 2021  7:49 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote: Alright, looks like I'm set to use it then. I'll probably need to get another so I can test bearing base 2 against it, though. As for stadiums, I just managed to snag a used tornado attack, so I'll be able to do some good testing soon. Still need to get a wide survivor wd though.

Wait you actually managed to get a TA? I've been looking for one more just in case for ages, I haven't seen them pop up at all! Lucky!

Ebay seller I frequently bought plastics from happened to have one.
(May. 05, 2021  9:50 PM)Flame~Capricorn Wrote:
(May. 05, 2021  1:58 AM)th!nk Wrote: Wait you actually managed to get a TA? I've been looking for one more just in case for ages, I haven't seen them pop up at all! Lucky!

Ebay seller I frequently bought plastics from happened to have one.

Lucky man! Heads up though, I would suggest reinforcing the corners with a couple layers of heavy tape, it's technically not legal but if you don't, they will break, and it honestly makes 0 difference in testing
Hey there I would like to ask if there is any info on the product

A-121 Engine Gear Customize (Purple) (with Metal Semi-Flat CEW)

According to the Beyblade wiki there is a right spin engine gear turbo. But I have never have heard of there being one could this potentially be it? Or is it just a regular strength engine gear like the ones that Hasbro produced.

BTW welcome back th!nk I most likely will have more plastic gen questions coming your way.
(Jul. 14, 2021  10:45 AM)Kenshin Wrote: Hey there I would like to ask if there is any info on the product

According to the Beyblade wiki there is a right spin engine gear turbo. But I have never have heard of there being one could this potentially be it? Or is it just a regular strength engine gear like the ones that Hasbro produced.

BTW welcome back th!nk I most likely will have more plastic gen questions coming your way.

It is a Customize Right Engine Gear. You should be able to switch out its tips and use Metal Grip in right. It specifies on the box it could be used with A-109, A-112 and A-117 in particular. Those three all have CEW's you should be able to switch out and use this Right Engine Gear instead. As for it being turbo, I take it that all EGs with CEW are by default turbo.

Edit: I'm wrong - th!nk says they're like Hasbro's. No Turbo. Sorry bro.
(Jul. 14, 2021  10:45 AM)Kenshin Wrote: Hey there I would like to ask if there is any info on the product

BTW welcome back th!nk I most likely will have more plastic gen questions coming your way.

The wiki is probably wrong then, but if you have the link if like to read it? 
There's no Turbo Right EG. If there were then A121 would be it but there's no marketing of it as such, and it's something they would certainly market. A121's gimmick is just being the only relatively normal CEW compatible eg.
Bit of a random query here, please bear with me!

So, my first Beyblade ever was a Dranzer V2 (loooong time ago, I snagged one at an import shop pre V-Force when all the North American stuff was from the original Bakuten Shoot), and one day when playing with my little cousins a mistimed launch resulted in the entire lower half of the BB coming apart. I managed to find everything but the spring, meaning it looked okay from the outside but had its gimmick 100% disabled. Now, given what the awesome plasticsdb has to say about the Customize Clutch Change Base (https://www.plasticsdb.com/parts/blade-b...hange-base), my question is; did losing the spring actually manage to improve its performance somehow?
(Nov. 17, 2021  8:04 AM)kenshin113 Wrote: Bit of a random query here, please bear with me!

So, my first Beyblade ever was a Dranzer V2 (loooong time ago, I snagged one at an import shop pre V-Force when all the North American stuff was from the original Bakuten Shoot), and one day when playing with my little cousins a mistimed launch resulted in the entire lower half of the BB coming apart. I managed to find everything but the spring, meaning it looked okay from the outside but had its gimmick 100% disabled. Now, given what the awesome plasticsdb has to say about the Customize Clutch Change Base (https://www.plasticsdb.com/parts/blade-b...hange-base), my question is; did losing the spring actually manage to improve its performance somehow?

This seems common actually, about half of those I've obtained have the spring missing, and I did wonder if it was a mod to allow more aggression consistently - people definitely talked about clutch differences, and I wonder if it might have actually just been people sneakily removing the springs... However, the tip that is left still isn't very good with limited defensive ability and kinda meh patterning, aggression and survival. I've also tried using blutac to force it into perma survival, but the stability is pretty meh. Is it better with the spring missing? Eh, if you are benefiting from aggression by grinding opponents then maybe. I'd just use Customize Metal Change Base instead though.
(Nov. 17, 2021  12:49 PM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2021  8:04 AM)kenshin113 Wrote: Bit of a random query here, please bear with me!

This seems common actually, about half of those I've obtained have the spring missing, and I did wonder if it was a mod to allow more aggression consistently - people definitely talked about clutch differences, and I wonder if it might have actually just been people sneakily removing the springs... However, the tip that is left still isn't very good with limited defensive ability and kinda meh patterning, aggression and survival. I've also tried using blutac to force it into perma survival, but the stability is pretty meh. Is it better with the spring missing? Eh, if you are benefiting from aggression by grinding opponents then maybe. I'd just use Customize Metal Change Base instead though.
Hey, thanks for the answer! Love your site, it's an awesome resource. 

Alas, I made my choice between Customize Clutch and Customize Metal back in 2002! That said, don't really regret it; as a fan I was always a Dranzer/Kai guy anyway and even though Dranzer V2 doesn't quiiiite live up to the lofty reputation it had back in the day, given the super early state of the fandom and lack of meta knowledge at the time I bought it (where I was, the average kid saw combos as slapping together the coolest looking parts you had and launch techniques as launching hard and launching harder) I was more than happy with its stock performance. Ignorance is bliss and all that Tongue_out Ah, gotta love the pre OTC/Beyblade Damashii days...
(Nov. 17, 2021  6:49 PM)kenshin113 Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2021  12:49 PM)th!nk Wrote: This seems common actually, about half of those I've obtained have the spring missing, and I did wonder if it was a mod to allow more aggression consistently - people definitely talked about clutch differences, and I wonder if it might have actually just been people sneakily removing the springs... However, the tip that is left still isn't very good with limited defensive ability and kinda meh patterning, aggression and survival. I've also tried using blutac to force it into perma survival, but the stability is pretty meh. Is it better with the spring missing? Eh, if you are benefiting from aggression by grinding opponents then maybe. I'd just use Customize Metal Change Base instead though.
Hey, thanks for the answer! Love your site, it's an awesome resource. 

Alas, I made my choice between Customize Clutch and Customize Metal back in 2002! That said, don't really regret it; as a fan I was always a Dranzer/Kai guy anyway and even though Dranzer V2 doesn't quiiiite live up to the lofty reputation it had back in the day, given the super early state of the fandom and lack of meta knowledge at the time I bought it (where I was, the average kid saw combos as slapping together the coolest looking parts you had and launch techniques as launching hard and launching harder) I was more than happy with its stock performance. Ignorance is bliss and all that Tongue_out Ah, gotta love the pre OTC/Beyblade Damashii days...

Fair, a bit late to change your mind now 😅.
Yeah dranzer v2 will clean up a lot of the sorta random stuff kids put together, basically like 10bBistool it built a rep by being a pubstomper. But dominating the schoolyard is one thing, like a lot to school bullies, when they graduate and suddenly there's people a lot bigger and meaner than them, eesh. 

I am glad you appreciate the database, means a lot 😊
(Nov. 18, 2021  1:50 AM)th!nk Wrote:
(Nov. 17, 2021  6:49 PM)kenshin113 Wrote: Hey, thanks for the answer! Love your site, it's an awesome resource. 

Fair, a bit late to change your mind now 😅.
Yeah dranzer v2 will clean up a lot of the sorta random stuff kids put together, basically like 10bBistool it built a rep by being a pubstomper. But dominating the schoolyard is one thing, like a lot to school bullies, when they graduate and suddenly there's people a lot bigger and meaner than them, eesh. 

I am glad you appreciate the database, means a lot 😊

Yeah, both Dranzer V2 and 10bBistool seem to fall into the category of gatekeepers, of sorts; they're not particularly hard problems to solve at the end of the day but to do so requires being reasonably well versed in both the parts meta and the gameplay meta. Like 10bBistool is 100% a one trick pony but if it's your first time seeing it and you only have a couple of stock beys on hand with no real knowledge of how effective it's one trick is... yeah, you're probably gonna have a bad time  Grin 

No worries! I'm super glad you chose to resurrect it, I can't remember the last time I saw such detailed info on the plastic gen!
Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wondered if anyone could help. I was a big fan of Beyblades when I was a kid with my plastic generation Beyblades, and I wanted to share that with my Nephews, but one has fairly severe disabilities which affect his coordination, meaning he'll really struggle to pull a ripcord.

Was there ever a product like a motorised launcher? I wondered if I could adapt an electric screwdriver potentially? Not sure if anyone has any ideas but would love some help.

I'm also aware it's not strictly relevant here, but if there is a similar option for more recent Beyblades, I have picked a few up for a bit of fun, and I would appreciate it if anyone knows about this as well.

Any pointers would be a great help!
(May. 18, 2023  2:22 PM)Ribbles Wrote: Hi All,

Not sure if this is the right place, but I wondered if anyone could help. I was a big fan of Beyblades when I was a kid with my plastic generation Beyblades, and I wanted to share that with my Nephews, but one has fairly severe disabilities which affect his coordination, meaning he'll really struggle to pull a ripcord.

Was there ever a product like a motorised launcher? I wondered if I could adapt an electric screwdriver potentially? Not sure if anyone has any ideas but would love some help.

I'm also aware it's not strictly relevant here, but if there is a similar option for more recent Beyblades, I have picked a few up for a bit of fun, and I would appreciate it if anyone knows about this as well.

Any pointers would be a great help!

Not really. There is a wind up launcher or two but... They are very, very weak and also annoying to use in their own way, imo harder than a ripcord Unhappy

You may be better off adapting something as a DIY solution I'm afraid.
Hello everyone,

I have an interest in Dark Series beyblades especially Dark Draciel because I began to collect Draciel variations and then, I will create a Draciel combo by using them. I heard only way to get it is from Random Boosters or maybe from lots. However, while I searched, I read that some beyblades from Random Boosters, including prize beys in these Boosters, sometimes have random parts inside them like random weight disks. Is the same situation happens on Dark Draciel or it always comes with the same parts?

I don't know if I should ask it here or some buying thread but if you could help, I would appreciate it!
(Jan. 14, 2024  3:18 PM)AMEKA95 Wrote: Hello everyone,

I have an interest in Dark Series beyblades especially Dark Draciel because I began to collect Draciel variations and then, I will create a Draciel combo by using them. I heard only way to get it is from Random Boosters or maybe from lots. However, while I searched, I read that some beyblades from Random Boosters, including prize beys in these Boosters, sometimes have random parts inside them like random weight disks. Is the same situation happens on Dark Draciel or it always comes with the same parts?

I don't know if I should ask it here or some buying thread but if you could help, I would appreciate it!

With plastics random boosters the prize beyblades only come as one piece. So it only came as a full beyblade in random booster 8.