Plastics Part Weights Doc

Hi all,

I have just finished weighing all of my plastics parts (well, almost, I stopped weighing generic small parts like SG pieces and bit chips after a while, though I may add additional weights for different versions of the latter later). I have compiled the data into a sheets document with pivot tables to show averages, and raw data for reference/notes (there are a few, including sub component weights including base clip weights - yes, I weighed them too).

The list shows average weights as well as sample size. It has weights for almost all parts, and those that are missing are coming soon and will be weighed as they arrive.

Here is the link: 
Plastics Part Weights

Important Note: All parts which can hold removable ball bearings are weighed without them, except for SG (Grease Ball Version) which has a 1.005g Ball Bearing and a small amount of grease. You can check the details if you want to know which balls/how many they can hold.
Also, keep in mind the averages are just that, mean scores based on what the scale says (the scale was frequently checked and recalibrated of need be throughout testing) - the number of significant figures shown doesn't imply additional accuracy of those weights. I've included sample size and the raw data is available if you wish to analyse for yourself.
I have included min and max weights as well now, aside from the misc. parts sheet as these were weighed collectively to save time and effort.

Base Clip weights were rounded off however - the same base can also come with different clips in different releases (eg sg sharp base can come with large clips or little ones) and it felt more appropriate given the small sample per base as a result of this.

For magnetic parts, these exerted an effect on the measurements when placed directly on the scale, which varies with polarity (orientation). A tall spacer was used, tall enough to prevent interference (measured by orientation no longer showing any difference in weight reading)

To do list: 
-Weigh new parts when they show up
-Double Check Part Names
-???
You must have been really weighing them good to get those exact weights
(May. 11, 2021  4:36 PM)TheRogueBlader Wrote: You must have been really weighing them good to get those exact weights

Just a good, well calibrated scale, nothing much to it. The time involved, on the other hand, was significant.
niceeeeeeeeeee
Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh that google doc be bussin

Anyway, thank you for doing something that nobody asked for, but the type of info that if you need, you REALLY need.
(May. 12, 2021  4:26 AM)Dan Wrote: Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh that google doc be bussin

Anyway, thank you for doing something that nobody asked for, but the type of info that if you need, you REALLY need.

Hey, it taught me about pivot tables so I got something out of it! But yeah thanks for the kind words all.

I've just reorganised it a little, fixing a couple errors in naming and organisation and splitting off parts of the SG Etc tab into their own tabs for easier reading.