Plastics General Discussion

(Feb. 28, 2012  4:55 AM)th!nk Wrote: Unsurprising. How's the controllability? The tip shape reminds me of Gaia Dragoon (S/F series), which wasn't that fast, but was beloved by Japanese players in pre-tornado ridge times for the controllability. It was a nice base, but the pockets it had hanging down for the small metal balls were terrible for its LAD, so I am curious if Blizzard Orthrus's base is somewhat similar, perhaps an improvement upon it...
That said, being slower than Dragoon V's base means it's basically useless now we have tornado ridges.

Sadly, the last sets with them disappeared from ebay a few weeks back. Your best hope would be hunting one down on Y!JA or, more likely, second hand. They're quite delicate, though, I would suggest when you get it, filling the underside with something/reinforcing the walls from inside.

Shame about the Twin Guard, but I understand, haha.

As for the PF Dranzer S, thanks for that. Nonetheless, between the stronger material and that join there (which should fix a lot of the breakage issues of the part), it's still probably a very nice attack AR. The range would still be an issue, though.

Orthus' base is really easy to control, which comes as little to no surprise given that it's basically just a thinner SG Flat with some weird stuff going on in the actual shape of the base itself.

Yeah, I really missed my opportunity to get them back when I first joined, but I was pretty much all-in for MFB at the time, so I thought nothing of it.

The PF Dranzer S AR really is pretty nice(and nice-looking), but it's not really my thing - in Plastics I was always SG METAL CHANGE 4 LYF, and I still hold strong to the base - which is why I have seven complete Driger S, hahahahahahahah845yu4556i5y7

With so many parts - many of them being extraordinarily useful - thrown into my lap, I'm suddenly faced with the choices I did not have before, so I can freely move away from my Driger S comfort zone... Wolborg 4's base/EG have me really intrigued at the moment, as it seems super neat! Not entirely sure how to apply Wide Survivor and Wide Defense... as noted in the Collection thread, I definitely already have some nice combos pre-built for me in the box, but I don't really want to just use those. For one, I like the Gabriel AR too much to muss it up, and for another, I prefer Griffolyon's AR on the Grip Base.

I also tried out Dranzer V's base a bit, and it is EXTREMELY NOISY in a BB-10...
Ahh, yes. Kind of makes me want one.

I missed the last one by a few days, when I went to buy it, it was gone :\

YOU HAVE MORE DRIGER S THAN ME!!!!!! I AM SHAMED!!!!
Well, Driger S IS a fantastic beyblade, but Metal Change can only get you so far. Usually about as far as the finals depending on the competition's format and how experienced your opponents are and how controllable the tip is.

Well, if you need any help with customizations/combinations/etc etc, that's what we're here for Smile The next best AR after Gabriel's is (surprise surprise) Tiger Defenser (Gyro AR is really horribly overrated, the gap with the flat walls and the shape on top mean it can't take hits and has poor, poor stability).

I am also ecstatic to hear that you like Cross Griffon. A little more justification that I am not insane and that my nagging of Kei about legalising it was justified. Honestly, I'm yet to encounter a situation where it isn't better than triple wing (though, my personal favourite cross griffon setup is cross griffon/wide defense/neo right mg core/sg metal flat 2).

Wolborg 4's base/EG is just fantastic, and it murders almost anything in the opposite spin as in that case it just acts like a huge protective zombie tip. It also kills any low height attackers. The only way to KO it is hitting the top part with a good smash attacker, and being able to hit it there compromises your ability to take out grip-based defense.

Your weight disks, well, I have some ridiculous number of Wide Defenses for good reason: it is quite literally the best weight disk in plastics. Honestly, it's the best weight disk for everything other than pure survival (where it's the second best choice, and on Dranzer S's base with tiger defenser, will outspin any zombie combination), and compacts (it kinda clashes thematically, but I'd not be surprised if it was still mildly effective there, haha).

Wide Survivor is good for pure survival, as well as certain attack setups, where it can provide extra speed at the cost of less recoil-control. It's a significant improvement over wide defense for Triple Tiger/Ariel 2 tip SG Setup/Survivor Ring/BK Base, for example, but generally wide defense is preferred.
Still, for proper zombies, it is the best.

Dranzer V's base is interesting, not that useful, but the SG it comes with has a shorter magnet in the core. THe base itself is pretty cool but not quite good enough at anything. And yes, noisy, haha.
So, um, if it's okay to put this in a new post and not my old one, please let me know. Thanks.

Anyway,

continuing my rummaging, I had three Driger S's. Two regular and one Clear Black phantom force.
Be less scared, Codeine Extorts Tongue_out

BLACK PF DRIGER S!?!?!??!?!?!

Man, you two are really making me jealous today :c
Oh, I'm sure Metal Change really isn't the Bomb Diggity or whatever the kids are saying now once you get to serious competition - I finally have an HMC, though, so I can do the Driger S + 10H + HMC thing.

I like it more than Triple Wing for a few reasons, not the least of which being that if I manage to break one, I can easily acquire another one for very little money, whereas breaking my blue Triple Wing would just... well, suck.

I believe I have two Wide Defenses in my lot, a Wide Survivor, Revolver Attack, Heavy Attack, bunches of 10 Balance/Heavy/Wide, and some MagneWDs which miraculously still have their plastic(but guarenteed it will fly off the second I launch any of them).

I'm actually looking at all of my Dranzers, now, for potential competitive things.. I'm more than familiar with the applications of my Driger collection(Tiger Defenser, Claw Upper, and Triple Tiger being the noteworthies), but I'm a bit dim on the points surrounding Dranzers... an uncustomized Dranzer V2 was my second go-to when I was twelve or whatever for uncustomized street blading(second to Driger S), and I really like the AR and SP quite a lot. Dranzer V's AR looks like it could maybe do SOMETHING well... I know Dranzer S is alright but short, and Dranzer F snaps if you blow on it. I know absolutely nothing about the potential of G, though. Overall my biggest interest is in V2...

Another dilemma I'm dealing with is now I have all of the absolute best parts for Survival customization, so it would seem a bit silly to use anything but Survival/Zombies(which dominate Plastics anyway), but they're so much less entertaining to use than aggressive Defense and Attack... and sliding shoot on Grip Base is like hot melted butter. The Gabriel + Wide Survivor + Bearing Core 2 combo is also pretty aggressive for what seems like a Survival combo, which is a bit promising... and I do have three of those bases/SGs, lol.
It's still a very good base overall, but yeah, it's not really that great against zombies.

Hah, Cross Griffon doesn't break, even my old fake one still lives (my only fake AR that does), because of how thick they are. That said, Cross Griffon does break other parts more often than most AR's. Particularly thinner stadiums (i.e. MFB stadiums will probably be fine, but reinforce tornado attack).

Hasbro MG WD's were supposed to have joined plastic all the way around which was far less likely to fly off, IIRC.

Dranzer V's AR is okay. A nice mix of smash and upper, but a bit short range-wise, still nice though. G is really disappointing, it looks SO good but it's just horrible, a ridiculous amount of recoil. V2's is nice all-around, but doesn't excel at anything, I just use it when all my "good" ar's are being used, it does okay at basically anything you want it to do. F's is pretty good IIRC/from what I hear, but yeah, breakage.

That said, IMO Dranzer V2 as a whole is very much overrated. Driger V2's base on Dranzer V2 will basically beat a normal Dranzer V2 hands down, and the gimmick, while kinda cool, isn't that useful in the end.

Honestly, Survival/Zombies only dominated in plastics because people were using storm grip as their best attack base and I guess because of the lack of tornado ridges until tornado attack. Oh, and bearing tuning. A real attacker should demolish them, even if you weak-launch the zombie (though that's a viable strategy against weaker attackers/balance types that just use smash). BB-10 makes it rather difficult for zombies, the deeper bowl means they get hit at awkward angles. That said, it also neuters the main zombie-killer, spiral change base, which will self KO unless you weak-launch.
BTW, that SG is "Double Bearing Core", not BC2 (that's a HMS part Tongue_out)

Honestly, the grip isn't there for attacking with Double Bearing Core, it risks getting itself KO'd (though it can help against Spiral Change Base, and that and SG (Bearing Ver 2) are why I use Wide Defense on my SCB combo instead of survivor). But yeah, attacking with zombies is generally not advised unless it's Wolborg 2's tip.
I'd suggest finding the sharpest tip of your BK's and using that (or the second sharpest and keeping the sharpest fresh). Also, remember to use them shield bearings :3

Also, you may want to look into getting a Wolborg 2, it's one of few staple beys you lack, and is extremely useful at tournaments.

Grip Base is fantastic, but it's a little light and being right spin-only is a real shame.
I just tinkered around with a few combos for a bit... I'm encountering an odd problem, though. My Wolborg 4's base seems reluctant to hang on to an AR for too many launches in a row. I have to check and make sure it's on tight after each launch, or it will fling the AR on a hard launch. Specifically, I was testing:

Tiger Defenser
Wide Defense
Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
Normal Base (Wolborg 4 Version)

against

Cross Griffon
Wide Defense
Grip Base

The Attack combo(always Sliding Shot, of course) did seem to have some difficulty knocking it out cold(I got two solid KOs out of 10 launches), which felt pretty neat, but as I said, the loose AR thing concerns me. A few of my Tiger Defensers(which are all Takara except one which is Hasbro) seem to be loose on a lot of SGs, actually...

Out of my parts, what combo do you figure I should tinker with? Keep in mind my hideous abundance of Burning Kerberous and such, haha. I'm looking for suggestions in all three types(and my full collection is up in a recent post in the collection thread) - I've got enough metal balls to make a Draciel S weigh as much as my Volkswagen!

EDIT: Oh, and, I do have a Galzzly S-AR, by the way~
IIRC, almost all EG beys suffered from such problems(?)
The EG beys I own always open up mid-battle, and the AR flies out...
That is just how I lost White Gabriel G's sub-AR tbh...

In your case, there might be a problem specifically with Tiger Defensers, which I haven't experienced/read about yet...
But still, EG beys did loosen up too easily at times. Every launch brings in a suspense. You pray that the AR doesn't go flying, and you don't lose in such a dangerous way...
I find it difficult to believe it's a problem with my TDs, though, as three of them have not ever even been launched. Ever.

Plus, if it were only ONE or TWO, yeah, maybe, but... all seven?
I've had the same problem. It seems to be the fault of tiger defensers in general, I've only got a few that hang on to all SG's really well (one of which I use on my wolborg base). Within the rules, you could try clear-coating one of your tiger defensers, if none of them stay put.

That said, EG's do seem to have more AR-looseness problems than most SG's, yes.

I'll do up some suggestions soon, it'll take a little while and I wanted to address the tiger defenser thing :3
@th!nk- Tiger Defensers have a fault?! Wow! Even I find it difficult to believe!

But yeah, its a known fact that EGs had these problems. Luckily, there's just one EG which is actually used competitively, otherwise all are useless...
I'd be interested to see the suggestions you might put up! I wonder what'd you do though...
I really hate Driger S and already have 3 Tiger Defensers (one Grey one Green one PF) so if anyone wants a NIB TT one hit me up. I promise I won't be unfair with pricing.

Also I couldn't see myself using any combination in a tournament that isn't my left spin upper combo
like seriously.
If they didn't have minor faults, they would violate rules about things being too perfect.

Well, most of my suggestions are aggressive combinations as I have a very strong leaning towards them, and they are by far the most interesting to use/watch in battle. Plus, there are so many options for attackers out there.
@McFrown- Instead, may you just try out your Tiger Defensers a bit, and see if they are loose or not?
I think that won't hurt its condition, and of course, buyers would still buy this superb part even if it is in a slightly beaten up condition. Tongue_out

You see, the more opinions we get on it, the more clearer the debate of TD's looseness would become!

@th!nk- Minor? :X

And oh yes, its fun to see Aggressive combinations!
Do you mean to say that you'd like to suggest the use of Aggressive combinations against these EG beys, so that the loose-AR flies out and doubles the fun of using an Aggressive combo against it? Tongue_out
Hahahahah, very nice Mc Frown. I'm good for Tiger Defensers right now (I have 4), though I'm after a black driger S eventually.

jan: they're normally fine out of the box, so I suspect it's partially the EG's fault.

@Mc Frown: Beware the Fourth Wolf.
Ah, I see. Well then.

Anyway, I'm also looking for Survival and Endurance combos, of course - it would be a waste not to capitalize on having most of the best parts, and if I am not mistaken, I should have most of, or all of, the makings of the "best possible" survival/zombie stuff.

I also found one piece of a Wolborg 2 SG Casing. I do not think that qualifies as a valid statement on a collection list, though.
Haha, of course, I'm not quite so imbalanced, remember, I like attack but I also enjoy watching zombies troll opponents into thinking they're going to win and then OSing them by half a rotation or whatever.

Survival and Endurance are, (silly brands and their type names) the same thing. I'll throw you some defense combo's too, haha. That said, BUY A WOLBORG 2. It will compliment your collection in SO MANY WAYS!!
But I am not a dog person...

Really, though, I expected the Burning Kerberous Army to be generally more well-suited for things than Wolborg 2.

My current buying priority is a MIB Dranzer V2, but they're ludicrously priced...
Wolborg 2 is incredibly useful, and the shaft is great in BK's casing and Dragoon V2's base. It is the safest option against a whole lot of opponents, it's like the same sort of safety compacts have but slightly better. It's main worries are normal zombies and wolborg 4, so against less experienced opponents, you only have to worry about them pulling the latter. I'm yet to find an attacker that can handle both wolborg 2 and 4 defenders.

Furthermore, the base is great for the combo mc frown and I both gush about (though you do have an alternative so yeah, I want you to try that).

NIB plastics in general are pretty hard to find, and dranzer v2 was popular competitively :c

Speaking of dranzers, mini fact: Dranzer GT is one of my favourite beyblades, and looks amazing with a green plated wide defense.
Which combo are you talking about in particular? With the gushing and the frowning and so forth.

I mostly just want another one to look at - mine is pretty tattered, and Dranzer V2 is one of my favorite Beyblades, aesthetically. Got a nice in-hand feel to it, too, given the heft.
The one in the wolborg 2 rewrite with the left spin upper attack that SHOULD NOT BE because it breaks our sacred mistranslated tradition that upper attack only works in same spin (it's less effective in opposite but not completely useless/absent). Don't worry, it's in the list of stuff to try I'm writing up for you Tongue_out
Ahh, I see.

In the meantime, I'm realizing that I should get more long dragon winders.. I only have two, so if one breaks...
Yes, yes you should, and they will break rapidly. I also have issues with left launcher breakage, so they kinda go hand in hand.

The cheapest ways to get them are buying dragoon G's, sonokong gold dragoon S's, and you can also buy Season 1 Takara MFB starters (and some Takara season 2 ones) and use the long winders they come with, which ae slightly longer than dragon winders but not quite as comfortable. I think I'm down to my last three dragon winders myself, which is not enough to host a tourney with, haha.

Anyway, here's my suggestions, it covers a fair few things, but is therefore lengthy as heck.

Suggestions and stuff (Click to View)
Oh, also, there is still one thing you could try with twin guard without damaging it. Hand spin the zombie I mentioned above in a stadium, and pay attention to how long it spins after the side/sp touch the ground, then swap too Twin Guard and see if it seems longer/shorter. It's hardly objective but it's at least a rough estimation.
Tried out a bunch of that stuff, aside from the Wide Defense compatibility issues with my Upper Dragoon... honestly, I have to say the favorite thing I played with all evening, though, was the Tiger Defenser Wolborg 4 combo. It's got good bulk, makes neat sounds during battle, looks nice, and I couldn't KO it reliably for beans.

The Twin Guard SP(launched regularly rather than hand-spinning) did a bit better than Defense Ring on the Twin Horn Zombie thing, by the way. Usually a full rotation or rotation and a half, at approximately the same launch strength.

As for Attack, Cross Griffon, Wide Defense, and Grip Base was what I had the most fun with tonight.

My Metal Ball Base is strangely aggressive... I'm not sure if that's normal or not.

The goofiness with the Left Upper Attack and such just took way too much frankensteinery, though... it was neat in action, but I cannot really see myself using that combo much, to be honest.