[Plastics] :: Competitive Custom List and Public Discussion

(Jul. 18, 2014  9:10 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote:
(Jul. 18, 2014  8:49 AM)Neo Wrote: Fin Tector is great for Smash...
But then again, you have an Attack Ring for ATTACKING. xD

Ah Fin Tector, I remember the day I got a Draciel V2. I slapped the Fin Tector Support Parts onto a Customize Grip Base and tested it a few times against another custom that I can not recall the combination of, and one of the Fin Tector parts snapped in half due to the ridiculous amount of recoil. I was quite disappointed and eventually learned my lesson about not using Support Parts for Attack once the same thing happened with my Reverse Attack Support Parts haha.

Wow; really?!
I thought Reverse attack was pretty solid 0.o

Pretty solidly awful. Shut up, 2014 Neo.
(Jul. 18, 2014  8:21 AM)Kai Hiwatari Wrote: I would not go as far as to say that Defense Ring is the only Support Part worth owning. Defense Ring is a fantastic part, other parts such as Cross Survivor, Survivor Ring, and as mentioned above, Upper Attack, all can be used successfully. In some cases, it is possibly better to use one of the aforementioned parts over Defense Ring. I will say though, that Defense Ring does in fact find itself as the more useful and flexible Support Part for majority of customs, but again, other Support Parts can prove to be just as effective, if not more effective in certain Customizations.

Given the option of owning a single SP, I stand by my point that DR is the best SP.
It's somehting th!nk's actually gone into A LOT of depth over.

The only way in which Survivor Ring outperforms DR is when combined with Tripe Tiger AR.
This, obviously, can only be achieved on a V series blade base, and the quickest of these cannot begin to compare to Seaborg Attack Mode, Grip Attacker etc.
If it's the survival LAD aspect you're arguing for, it's ouclassed by DR again Uncertain
Overall, it's an unecessary part.

Upper Attack is a lovely part, but again, its ONLY use is with one specific AR, and again, arguably not worth it.

Cross Survivor is where things get slightly interesting.
Ironically, DR provides better survival, and CS provides better defense. But that defensive aspect of CS is heavily dependent on the number of points/overall shape of the AR, which is something DR isn't held back by.

Overall, DR > all others.

Note, Fin Tector is overrated trash that got hyped up in the BBDamashii/OTC days.
When I said Fin Tector was great for smash, I only meant that it was GREAT for smash. Competitive usages? Hell no. Too much recoil. But it is fun...! And the sad thing; it's the one of the most useful (yeah right..) Draciel parts.

An attempt to cover your mistakes? Just shut up 2014 Neo. Admit you were wrong.
Ah good, has fin tector finally recognised as the trash it is?! Yeah that thing is pretty damn horrific, you dont even have to use the bey to tell that.
Draciel V2 incidentally, is actually really fun to use, all that smash is ridiculous.
Surprisingly, the AR is actually pretty calm..
Fin Tector isn't.
I'll test it. We'll see soon...
It's kinda small...and not defined.

What's a test, 2014 Neo? A bunch of empty promises?
Bistool is better with an MG WD instead of 10b IMO.

Slightly better. Still awful.
Expand on that a little
Maybe so but th!nk tested 10b bistool and found it to be rubbish and it's glory was only given by the fact that it was good in terrible hasbro stadiums.
One notable part that I straight up have to disagree with is Mountain Hammer; it lacks the smash attack that other (far easier to obtain) attack rings have- I honestly don't think it deserves a top tier spot as it were.
It has a pretty niche use as a reliable Circle Survivor killer if its on a sufficiently tall (eg. Defense Grip attack mode) base.

Since WB4 combos have led to tourney winners, it's a fair position to have Mountain hammer as a top tier AR imo
I'm not doubting its credibility but more it's use requires very specific parts and works on a very specific albeit popular part. As far as a tier list goes, I think we should drop it.
The Master Dranzer draft says that metal sting base is outclassed. Which bases exactly did outclass it? Which ones are better suited for defense/survival?
(Aug. 28, 2014  5:39 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: The Master Dranzer draft says that metal sting base is outclassed. Which bases exactly did outclass it? Which ones are better suited for defense/survival?

Driger V2's base (hugely underrated), most bearing bases.
I wouldn't by any say Driger V2 is underrated. Many people do agree it is one of the best bases plastics have seen, an upgrade to one of the most famous parts in the game.
Bistool Sucks, shut up 2014 neo
I'd say that is an overstatement. In my eyes Bistool is an overrated piece of trash that never should have been as commonly used and overrated as it was. Bistool does have it's niche uses but nevertheless pretty worthless IMO.
(Aug. 28, 2014  6:11 PM)Poseidon Wrote: I'd say that is an overstatement. In my eyes Bistool is an overrated piece of trash that never should have been as commonly used and overrated as it was. Bistool does have it's niche uses but nevertheless pretty worthless IMO.
I did hear th!nk test this and found it to be underwhelming, I think it's reputation just exceeds it.
Neo...where on earth are you getting that kind of nonsense from?

Bistool is overrated trash. Your opinions almost always go against proven by repeated testing popular opinion.

Also, can we FINALLY get some testing videos?
You always post about how your combos dominate standard time-tested combos, lets see some evidence!
(Aug. 28, 2014  5:39 PM)~Stoney~ Wrote: The Master Dranzer draft says that metal sting base is outclassed. Which bases exactly did outclass it? Which ones are better suited for defense/survival?

Being the one that wrote the draft I can give you a good answer hopefully haha. When I tested the base against other common compact bases such as SG Semi Flat, BB Semi Flat and Metal Change base (since it was obvious it's only use would be compacts) it did quite badly. I can't remember that well now but it totally bombed haha. If it couldn't stand up to them then I figure it would have no chance against zombie combos.
(Aug. 28, 2014  6:59 PM)BrioShield Wrote: Neo...where on earth are you getting that kind of nonsense from?

Bistool is overrated trash. Your opinions almost always go against proven by repeated testing popular opinion.

Also, can we FINALLY get some testing videos?
You always post about how your combos dominate standard time-tested combos, lets see some evidence!

Seriously; Upper force ring is awful, 2014 Neo. 'Bistool MG'. It's insanely terrible and you should learn what plastics are, 2014 Neo.
Photos of broken cybernetic dragoon!