SG: Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base (tip inverted)

Circle Survivor:
AR: Tiger Defenser
WD: Wide Survivor
EG: Right Engine Gear (Circle Survivor)
BB: Normal Base (WB4)

sorry to ask this, i know it's time consuming
have you tried using wide defense on the combo, again war bear seems to suffer from recoil a bit more, was wondering if wide defense could help with the recoil, if possible you should use a heavier wide WD, as wide survivor us super light.

for weight based defense try using mirage goddess (venus AR) or smash turtle (master draciel AR). their wider but also heavier mirage goddess is best for left spin weight based.

sorry last point if you have try using rock bisons EG with circle survivor as it is is taller, also it's better for LAD, also seeing as it is a defense combo see what happen when using wide defense, (i don't know how much of diffrence it makes on this combo i haven't tested it enough)
Morsoe: I'm sorry, I don't have Downforce Ring.

@NEET no Kami: I've used Wide Defense against the Double Attacker combo and it didn't do any better. As for the WB Defense and the Circle Survivor combo I doubt that there will be any difference and moreover I did not observe recoil issues against right spin, but it could be only me.
The time is not the problem, it's just that i don't want to waste my second Wolborg tip as I think the tests will turn out pretty much the same (against CS and WB Defense especially). What do the offers think about it?

I don't own Mirage Goddess 'cause I think Tiger Defenser should be fine. Smash Turtle may be better for left spin, but I'm not sure it would be a good subsitute for Tiger Defenser for right spin.

And i don't have Rock Bison :\
I finally remembered what else I needed from you.

I want to see Bear Saucer's results compared to War Lion + Dragon Saucer. If Bear Saucer is better then that can finally put my mind on ease on this AR haha.
You can compare Neo's testings with the one I did (just keep in mind that he used Wide Defense while you requested Wide Survivor). That being said:

vs. Smash Attack (Dragon Saucer Screw Zeus)
Lion Saucer: 53%
Bear Saucer: 70%

vs. Circle Survivor
Lion Saucer: 57%

So it outperformed Lion Saucer in both cases. I will test War Saucer against WB Defense tomorrow, using Wide Survivor as for the Bear Saucer one, but I won't redo all the tests with Wide Defense as I think the difference won't be significant and I'm not really in the mood to wear down my last WB2 tip for fun, haha.
(Mar. 22, 2016  9:43 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: You can compare Neo's testings with the one I did (just keep in mind that he used Wide Defense while you requested Wide Survivor). That being said:

vs. Smash Attack (Dragon Saucer Screw Zeus)
Lion Saucer: 53%

vs. Circle Survivor
Lion Saucer: 57%

So it outperformed Lion Saucer in both cases. I will test War Saucer against WB Defense tomorrow, using Wide Survivor as for the Bear Saucer one, but I won't redo all the tests with Wide Defense as I think the difference won't be significant and I'm not really in the mood to wear down my last WB2 tip for fun, haha.

Alright, yeah. I don't like wide defense on dragon saucer based combos regardless.
I've had some time to work on one of your other requests... finally.

Test #3:

SG: Neo Left SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Metal Flat 2

Opponents (Click to View)

Tornado Staller vs. Defensive Zombie
Zombie always launched first.
Detail Results (Click to View)
Staller: 5 (1 OS, 4 KO)
Zombie: 15 (13 OS, 2 KO)
Staller Win %: 25.0%
I should say that the WB2 tip is a bit worn outfor better defense, so the Tornado Staller had the chance to catch it at the tornado ridge and knock it out, although it was not really that successful overall. I would assume that a sharper, more stationary tip would have caused an even worse outcome for the TS.

Tornado Staller vs. Weight Based Defense
WB Defense always launched first.
Staller: 17 (14 OS, 3 KO)
WB Defense: 3 (1 OS, 2 KO)
Staller Win %: 85.0%

Tornado Staller vs. Spin-Stealing Upper Attack
S-S Upper Attack launched first on even launches, Staller launched first on odd.
Staller: 4 (3 OS, 1 KO)
S-S Upper Attack: 6 (4 OS, 2 KO)
Staller Win %: 40.0%
More like a fun testing. The upper attack combo is heavier and has better attack of course, but it's also higher due to Driger F's metal tip, so the TS managed to get some OSs.

Tornado Staller vs. Smash Attack
Smash Attack launched first on even launches, Staller launched first on odd.
Staller: 6 (1 OS, 5 KO)
Smash Attack: 4 (0 OS, 4 KO)
Staller Win %: 60.0%
I decided to split the attack testing into two halfs. Cross Griffon on Customize Grip Base tip was not really successful with its hits, but the TS was also not able to OS it, most of the time it was just a draw.

Tornado Staller vs. Smash Attack 2
Smash Attack launched first on even launches, Staller launched first on odd.
Staller: 3 (2 OS, 1 KO)
Smash Attack: 7 (0 OS, 7 KO)
Staller Win %: 30.0%
This part was completely different because of the base. Triple Wing could deliver some impressive hits, but the TS was of course able to outspin it easily.

Tornado Staller vs. Circle Survivor
Circle Survivor always launched first.
Staller: 1 (0 OS, 1 KO)
Circle Survivor: 9 (8 OS, 1 KO)
Staller Win %: 10.0%
Nothing to say here, Circle Survivor is just OP imo, haha. The one KO was fun though.

This is an interesting combo. Although it had some struggle against DZ, aggressive Smash and CS (let's be honest: is there any combo which doesn't have struggle against CS?) I would consider adding this to the Competitive Custom List.

I'll get Square Edge the next few days, so I'll do your other request as well Wink
I'm sorry for the double post, but I think it's just easier in terms of organisation if I can link the individual posts (and so the tests) in the OP Smile

I received Manta Diver today and did your request, Shirayuki.

Test #4:

AR: Square Edge
WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Right SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Defense Grip Base (tip inverted)

Opponents (Click to View)

Square Edge vs. Circle Survivor
Circle Survivor always launched first.
Square Edge: 13 (0 OS, 13 KO)
Circle Survivor: 7 (5 OS, 2 KO)
Square Edge Win %: 65.0%

Square Edge vs. Defensive Zombie
Defensive Zombie always launched first.
Square Edge: 10 (0 OS, 10 KO)
Defensive Zombie: 10 (9 OS, 1 KO)
Square Edge Win %: 50.0%

Square Edge vs. Weight Based Defense
Square Edge: 12 (0 OS, 12 KO)
WB Defense: 8 (6 OS, 2 KO)
Square Edge Win %: 60.0%

Square Edge vs. Spin-Stealing Upper Attack
S-S Upper Attack launched first on even launches, Square Edge launched first on odd.
Square Edge: 7 (0 OS, 7 KO)
S-S Upper Attack: 13 (4 OS, 9 KO)
Square Edge Win %: 35.0%

Square Edge vs. 10H HMC Driger V2
Driger V2 always launched first.
Square Edge: 10 (0 OS, 10 KO)
Driger V2: 9 (4 OS, 5 KO)
Square Edge Win %: 52.6%

I have to say that I'm really impressed, I like this combo a lot. I haven't seen any great results with my Double Attacker (I'm actually a bit disappointed so far and so I lost the interest in doing some valid tests) and if Double Attacker deserves a place (which I'd like to approve, haha) in the list, then this one should definitely go up there as well!
I can't do anything but recommend it as a useful Smash Attacker, I would even call it a must-have for attack enthusiasts. Just because it's imo easier to obtain than Corona Saber, Double Attacker & Neo Cross Horn and I would suppose that it would be pretty good in left spin where we have a limited number of useful ARs. Might test this for left spin as well, but I don't really expect anything else.

And I really want to give credits to Ingulit again. The BeyTest app is amazing, it is very helpful and it saves a lot of time!
from conversations zoroaste and I have had, we've determined that the square edge combo does better with same spin opponents (how to beat defensive combo combos)
I use MG core for a little extra speed, and it hits hard enough imo to not need hmc
May I request tests against these?

Weight Based Defense
Circle Survivor Defense
Smash Attacker
I'm kinda curious as War Lion was seen as a better defensive AR than War Bear back in the day. Heck, War Bear was the butt of jokes because it's completely useless (the Main part, not the SAR).

And FYI Double Attacker needs Uriel 2's tip in WB2 casings to work, since it hits like a Scorpion tank but suffers massive recoil.
Yeah sure, I'll do these this weekend. I'll use Dragon Saucer instead of Dragon Breaker if that's okay. I'm also for banning the first of both combinations. DBSZ simply does not fit properly.

I just can argue with test results. And from what I've seen War Bear works just fine with Dragon Saucer for DZ.
And yeah sure, I didn't use Metal Flat 2 or Customize Grip or something, but the inverted Defense Grip Base. I might do some tests on Double Attack as well, but it didn't do good against DZ, it seems light (compared to e.g. Square Edge), way too recoily and it couldn't deliver such great hits. I mean I bought Orthrus for that part, but I was a bit disappointed. But I have to do some tests.
(Jul. 27, 2016  10:40 PM)DrigerGatling Wrote: I've had some time to work on one of your other requests... finally.

Test #3:
SG: Neo Left SG (Heavy Metal Core)
BB: Metal Flat 2

I don't mean to be a pain, but I actually didn't see that Shirayuki requested this on my behalf until you had posted the results. The Staller combo I actually had in mind was:

WD: Wide Defense
SG: Neo Left SG (Plastic Core)
BB: SG Metal Flat 2

Some relatively minor changes, but they probably have a significant effect on the combo's performance as shifting the weight distribution to the perimeter of the combo will increase its speed and Stamina. A huge part of what made the original Phantom 90MF combo so effective (or even before that, DarkFox's Circle Upper/Circle Wide/Metal Flat combo) so effective was their OWD, so I'm not too sure why he chose HMC for this combo haha. I only really need you to retest it against the Zombie, but it would also be nice if you could test it in Right Spin against Circle Survivor since that's mostly effective against Left Spin combos in general (aside from Twin Saucer).
Haha, okay, that's no problem, might take a few days though Wink
Could you test this combo:
AR: Try Cutter
WD: Heavy Attack
SG: right hmc
bb: uriel 2
Sorry, I don't have Grip Change Base. I always hoped to get one, but actually it seems odd to spend $80-90 for a rubber tip... which wears down pretty fast I guess. I can test it as soon as I get a new Defense Grip Base if you like.
Ah well, if you can't do Dragon Breaker + Screw Zeus, use Triple Tiger or Dark Wing (if you have it) for the Smash Attack combo I requested.
(Jul. 31, 2016  1:51 AM)DrigerGatling Wrote: Sorry, I don't have Grip Change Base. I always hoped to get one, but actually it seems odd to spend $80-90 for a rubber tip... which wears down pretty fast I guess. I can test it as soon as I get a new Defense Grip Base if you like.

that will work. I don't think this will be good, but I really want to know how it will preform.
Hey, DrigerGatling. Would you able to test my combo?

AR:- Eight Spiker
WD:- Magna WD [North Side Up]
SG:- Neo Left [South MG Core]
BB:- Defence Grip Base Inverted Mode

I would really like if you test it against Weight Based Defence Types, Compact, Defencive Zombie and Mainly Circle Survivor Defence.

Also If you have some extra time.

AR:- Cross Dranzer
WD:- Wide Survivor
EG:- Rock Bison's
BB:- Rock Bison's
CEW:- Circle Survivor

I know it sound weird but I wanted to see how it perform from long time [i ordered [parts but that person will ship in august end]. You can test this against anything you want lol

thanks a lot bud in advance
Hey, I would do these, sure.
Unfortunately my Defense Grip Base is kinda worn and I just can't find my second one. I guess I've forgotten it somewhere a few weeks ago which is pretty annoying. As soon as I get a new one I'll continue testing, this applies to all of your reqeust basically. Can't do these the next days anyway 'cause I have a lot if university work to do ^^'
Can't do the second one though, I've never thought about buying Rock Bison cause it wasn't necessary until now. If I get my hands on one some time I'll do it Smile
So I decided to test some of the Defense Grip Base/d combos - requested by Flame~Capricorn, RDF3 and Chaitanya Breed and because of personal interest - against my Weight Based Defense favourite.

Test #5: Smash Attack vs. Weight Based Defense

Combos Requested (Click to View)

Try Cutter vs. Weight Based Defense
Try Cutter: 6 (0 OS, 6 KO)
WB Defense: 14 (11 OS, 3 KO)
Try Cutter Win %: 30.0%

That was really interesting tbh. With its compact design this thing is great to control. The downside: It cannot attack properly. Try Cutter is just sitting on the combo to - obviously - not hinder Heavy Attack. The thing is that Heavy does not really do anything from what I've seen. The power of this bey comes from the possibilty to get a great launch and to get some serious high speed hits. After the first 3-4 hits the bey is done. With the weight sitting in the centre it's basically staying in the middle after a short amount of time and is waiting for the finishing stroke.
But: Interesting. Just really interesting. In a tournament using this thing is like playing lottery. But for fun play it's pretty cool. I just don't know how long Try Cutter will survive these battles, haha.

Dark Wing vs. Weight Based Defense
Dark Wing: 7 (0 OS, 7 KO)
WB Defense: 13 (6 OS, 7 KO)
Dark Wing Win %: 35.0%

Triple Tiger vs. Weight Based Defense
Triple Tiger: 7 (1 OS, 6 KO)
WB Defense: 13 (11 OS, 2 KO)
Triple Tiger Win %: 35.0%

Altough the test results are equal, I felt a lot better using Triple Tiger. While Dark Wing has the advantage of some serious hits in the beginning, I'd say that TT is more reliable overall, it is able to deliver K.O.-worthy hits even in mid-match. But: Both are good from what I've seen.

Eight Spiker vs. Weight Based Defense
Eight Spiker: 5 (0 OS, 5 KO)
WB Defense: 20 (15 OS, 5 KO)
Eight Spiker Win %: 20.0%

I have one thing to say about this combo: It is way, way too light. Is it great to control? Yes. Can it move around the stadium like you would expect an attack type to do? Definitely. Can you get some devastating hits with that thing? Hell no. It can neither deliver some attack-type-worthy hits nor withstand its own recoil/the counter attacks. Eight Spiker is really good, the Defense Grip Base is really good, but without proper weight even these parts can't do anything. In two battles the WB Defense combo was sitting on the edge. Eight Spiker attacked and literally nothing happened. That was kinda frustrating XD

Yeah, I hope that these tests help you at least a bit. I don't have that much time to go on with other tests tbh. But I though this comparison could be useful. I'll see if I can work off some of the old ones.