Phantom Discussion

yes I know fang is not the best but vari ares is very good but not the best only the fact that he can spin right and left makes him top tier 1 in attack
please make a battle between phantom and ldrago destroy ch120 hf/rf/mf not xf or so, if you don´t have time I will make it when I get phantom
(Oct. 21, 2011  4:20 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: What is the optimal height for Beat?

120, 145(best against 195/220/230, typically), and 85. Deep banked, always, otherwise it's just bad.

But, as Yamislayer said, it depends entirely on the height of your opponent, to a degree no other attacker really suffers.
Can someone test MF Phantom Bull BD145EDS against MF-H Basalt 230CS/D?
MF Phantom Bull BD145EDS vs. MF-H Basalt 230CS

phantom (stamina) - 20-20
Basalt - 0-20
100%

MF Phantom Bull BD145EDS vs. MF-H Basalt 230 D

Phantom(stamina) - 20-20
basalt - 0-20
100%

(mfb sttack stadium clear)

no chance for basalt

I just want to know, out of curiosity, how much space is there when Phantom is on BD145?
maybe 2-3mm
(Oct. 23, 2011  5:53 PM)gibsonmac Wrote: maybe 2-3mm
Similar to the space between Scythe and BD?
Pretty close to that if you take the lowest edge of phantom and compare... but scythe is essentially a metal boost disk in terms of shape so the profile is a little tighter compared to phantom and the thicker more rounded profile. If that makes sense.
(Oct. 23, 2011  7:40 PM)Flame Aries Wrote:
No, there is a bigger gap.
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:02 AM)Deikailo Wrote:
(Oct. 23, 2011  7:40 PM)Flame Aries Wrote:
No, there is a bigger gap.

measure from the lowest edge of phantom to the top of the disk... there really is only one answer, no debates about it.
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:02 AM)Dan Wrote: your signature is giving me a conniption

lol
(Oct. 24, 2011  12:31 AM)gibsonmac Wrote: measure from the lowest edge of phantom to the top of the disk... there really is only one answer, no debates about it.

I think she was responding to Flame Aries.
Whoops, yeah that would make sense! lol
Could someone please run further tests on this Metal Wheel's capabilities as an Attack-type? I am highly curious about this, but do not have the funds to purchase one of my own. I would like to see it pitted against current top-tier Defense threats.

MF Phantom CH120/R145RF/R2F against MF-H Basalt Kerbecs/Aquario BD145/TH170CS/MB, please.

Attack and Stamina modes both tested, if possible - I haven't seen much testing on Attack Mode.
ok, will do it tomorrow when i get mua phantom
I did some attack testing myself and these are my results:

Stamina Mode Attack Testing (Click to View)

Attack Mode Attack Testing (Click to View)
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), thanks for the results. Hm, it seems Phantom attack mode shows some use. Those are some pretty surprising results.
ლ(ಠ益ಠლ), not that I am doubting you, but do you know the differences between both Attack and Stamina Mode?

People mixed them up, as it seems weird that one side is what you would not expect; and so visa-versa does it also apply.
I thought the mode where the face is down was Attack mode...

Isn't it? I'm just going by the OP.
Obviously he would if his perceived 'attack mode' is getting a higher win percentage as an attacker..
Yeah, MF Phantom H145XF (attack) was getting some pretty outrageous results as well, I've been saying it since I got it, its hands down the best stamina wheel, It does exceptionally well in defense (MF Phantom BD145CS), and it's a surprisingly competent attack wheel to boot... Triple threat all the way... it also makes otherwise off-tier parts usable (H145). This is a must have... did I mention it takes down Basalt in almost every category??
I'm wondering if Phantom could do well in a Balance combo like MF-L Phantom ____ BD145 with a somewhat aggro CS. I would love to test this, but all my CS's are calm.
(Oct. 24, 2011  11:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'm wondering if Phantom could do well in a Balance combo like MF-L Phantom ____ BD145 with a somewhat aggro CS. I would love to test this, but all my CS's are calm.
I envy you...you have calm CS's
(Oct. 24, 2011  10:25 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I did some attack testing myself and these are my results:

Stamina Mode Attack Testing (Click to View)

Attack Mode Attack Testing (Click to View)
Those are some pretty surprising results for Phantom's attack mode. Not to bad for Phantom's stamina mode as well. When I get a Phantom wheel I have to test this combo out.

(Oct. 24, 2011  11:39 PM)ლ(ಠ益ಠლ) Wrote: I'm wondering if Phantom could do well in a Balance combo like MF-L Phantom ____ BD145 with a somewhat aggro CS. I would love to test this, but all my CS's are calm.

That has already been tested, its pretty good... Here are tests
(Oct. 25, 2011  2:45 AM)gibsonmac Wrote:

That has already been tested, its pretty good... Here are tests

Wow, that's not bad at all! I must have skipped it in my hurry to read this thread xD

I also found Phantom performs pretty well on most 130 based Attack combos, whereas not so well with mid size tracks like D125 or CH120, unless it's a tornado stall-er. I'll try to get test results up by tomorrow Wink