[Perth, Western Australia] July 3rd, 2011 - The Only Show in Perth!

on
Hosted by
  th!nk
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

Tourney is currently full, barring cancellations.
You may register for a reserves list, and if you would be able to make it on short notice, (like, if I called you at 12:15 to get there by 1), then you may register for that as well (give me a contact number, preferably mobile, and a name). You'll be given major consideration for the second tourney, and if there are a lot of you, I'll host a second tourney in the near future, the soonest it works for everyone. I apologise for not warning you sooner.
If there are another 12 people though, I'll look into doing blocks, but I sincerely doubt that (and it would be hard to manage)

The reason for the limit is out of interest for attendees. We want you to have the maximum number of battles possible for the first tourney, for everyone's sake. The only format that will give us this is normal Round Robin, which is capped at 12 participants (as otherwise, it is too much work for the committee). Please be understanding, that I'm doing this for the good of our tournament scene, and will work to make up for anyone who misses out Smile

What: An Official Tourney, for Perth Bladers!

When: Sunday, 3rd of July (2011). 12 Noon. Tourney Starts at 1PM, Free Play for the Hour Before. Make sure you arrive at 12, please. Cute
Any later than 12:15, and your position is forfeit. If it's 12 and you're not there yet, text me. Full details are here. My number will be provided in the reminder PM.

Where: Kings Park, Variety Pavillion, or surrounding area.
Here's A Map of Kings Park's Venues It's #33, off Saw Avenue.

ENTRY FEE: 5USD (~$4.70 AU). Free for passport holders. Passports will be $10 USD. (They’re not actual physical objects but you can register for one at the event, and you'll receive a Passport Face once the WBO issues it to you). This is all WBO rules.

Prizes: First Prize: $25 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice)
Second Prize: $15 Worth of Beyblade Stuff (Prize-Winners Choice).
Notes on Prizes (Click to View)
Whatever the WBO’s funding doesn’t cover prizewise, I’ll cover myself.

Rules: Standard WBO Rules. Here. READ THEM. Plus the 3.6 Update: READ IT TOO!

An extra thing, though it isn't a rule, I'd prefer if, out of respect to stadium owners and the tourney holder (me), people refrained from using MS/M145 unless absolutely necessary. It's not against the rules, but in my opinion there is a risk of damage to stadiums due to improper use, and if there is any ill feeling after the event, I won't be inclined to host again.
I'd rather people didn't use the Rev-Up launcher, as it's not totally fair IMO, but that's a personal opinion, and I'm not going/able to stop you. It'll be cool if we kept it to beylaunchers, though, at least for our first tournament Smile

Format: Round Robin. All players battle each other once, and then the three players with the most wins play round robin against each other, number of wins decides placing. Tie Breakers, again, where necessary. This limits us to 12 places, however.

Please read the the Official Event Guide if you're interested in how things will be/should be run.

[b]Only say you can "definitely attend" if you are 100% sure you can make it (check with parents/guardians before posting, PLEASE)
If we end up with only 7 people there on the day because you don't attend, I will hunt you down and launch horrible combo's at you until you are mortally wounded/I get bored. (Storm Cancer 145S: Expect It, All Over Your Face)

I’d love it if everyone could make it (and let’s be honest, we’re in Perth, it’s not like there’s anything else to do), but that probably won't happen. However, if it goes well, I'll look at hosting another, and work it out schedule-wise with the people who couldn't make it to this one. Because I'm a pretty cool guy like that.

So yeah, let's do this thang.

Confirmed Attendees: 12: Full (Click to View)

Super Long Extra Notes that aren't required reading, but may be helpful to anyone who wants explanations/clarifications of stuff/has overprotective parents (Click to View)

Explanation of Tourney Format (Round Robin) (Click to View)

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

Cheesyguybb and BigBangBladerX1, I've listed you as confirmed, but just to make sure, you can DEFINITELY, 100% SURE make it? Because if you don't, it'll mess things up for everyone Smile

Still need two more people, I'd rather not invite extra's myself. If you need to register friends, do so and PM me, if you can. I've PM'd one or two people to ask if they could come, and yeah.

We should make the numbers easily, however I'd really like it if people could RSVP ASAP, as I need to apply for official-ness and try to book the variety pavilion or whatever. So, if you could ask parents/confirm ASAP, it'd be super-cool!
im 100% sure and p.s what part of the park is it gonna be held at
Please read the first page. Im sure you'll find the solution =]
I can make it Own-Ray told me about it
He won't actually ®, as I'm not 100% sure yet myself. Might sort it out tomorrow, if talking doesn't hurt too much, and try to book the variety Pavilion.

@BigBangBladerX1, Awesome!

Nick3000, you 100% sure? Tongue_out I'm adding you as confirmed, and it's AWESOME that you'll be coming Smile

If 1 more person RSVP's and everyone confirms that they're 100% sure, I'll apply for official status, and we can really get things rolling!
Looks like RockBullH145SF will be coming, so we have the 8 People required. Plus, a few more people look like they'll be coming along.

I'm off to write up the official application-do!
I'll be calling the Variety Pavilion people tomorrow, as long as I can still talk. That said, given we won't have 50 attendees, it'll all be pretty simple.

Yay for us for making Perth suck a little less Tongue_out

Of course, everyone that's confirmed HAS to attend, but I'm quite sure we'll have a few more people confirm. But yeah, don't not show, guys. Because if this goes badly or whatever, I'll think twice before trying again. If it goes well, expect it to become a semi-regular thing.

Oh, and if people have mats they can bring to cover the gravel, it'd be super cool, as I don't want stuff getting damaged Tongue_out

Also, how do people feel about name tags? If you're all worried about wearing name tags with usernames on them, we can keep it to your number (which will be done in order of arrival, and determine the play order (as it's round robin, everyone plays everyone, so it doesn't really make a difference, other than to the order which you play people).
I think it would be better if the tags were numbers because it's easier to remember
BOTH!!! That we can find out who someone is and organise it better.
I WILL BE NOT THERE BUT GOOD LUCK FOR THE TOURNEY IF TOURNEY IS APPROVED
Yeah, I'm thinking both, as long as no-one is uncomfortable with that.

I'll have everyone's nametags printed beforehand, and they'll be given upon payment of the entry fee. This means we can easily check who's there, and that everyone has paid. I'll bring some blanks in case anyone shows up and registers on the day, of course Smile

@uniboost: You should get a plane and fly over Tongue_out, but thankyouSmile

Also: Updated the OP for professionalism/clarity.
Right, I can 100% go now, I can take RowDog and you can add me to the list. Finally, an official tourney for Perth. C you guys all there Smile
Hah, you're both already on there, as I believed you already confirmed.

I've emailed the variety pavilion booking officer, as it doesn't look like I'll be well enough to make a phone call any time soon.

Anyway, I've applied for approval by the committee. The M145/MS extra rulings will obviously require discussion, but yeah.

Does anyone actually WANT to use MS/M145 or have a problem with not being allowed to use them?
Or, at least, does anyone have a problem with the rule additions, as specified in the OP?

If so, now would be a good time to say so, or I'mma assume there are no objections Smile

FWIW, they're both to avoid damage to stadiums, as in the former case, we'd have to make sure you launched without "slamming" the beyblade down, and in the case of M145, I/others have seen this cause damage.
Plus, both parts suck.
Okay, so the venue might change to the Willong Pavilion, or another area of Kings Park closer to some kind of restaurant, as apparently the Team Omega Nova Meetup was interrupted by people needing to get food, and the Willong pavilion is close to Stickybeaks cafe and whatnot. It's a more populated area, though, if that's a problem. I've asked about booking it, so yeah, we'll see. We may end up on grass near a restaurant or whatever, we'll see.
A map of kings park is here, with venues indicated etc:
http://www.bgpa.wa.gov.au/images/stories..._Feb10.pdf
Hi,
I would like to come and I am 100% able to if there are any more positions.
There's plenty of room for more people Grin
Added, and I'll be glad to see you there, given how helpful you've been with planning etc :3
Will we need to bring along those beypoint holder thingymajigs?
You don't need to bring one but you can if you want
Unless someone else has one and you want to use them for fun, I wouldn't bother. They're certainly not needed though.
can you use light launcher 2 and all of those new looking things?
obviously , if they are takara tomy or hasbro they will be allowed unless mentioned by th!nk .
Yeah, as long as they're legit beyblade accessories, they're generally fine. Though, TBH, LL2's are weaker than beylaunchers. Meh.

ANYWAY, with the venue, apparently, it's gonna cost me $100 for a measly two hours for either of the venues. This is madness IMO, so we'll just be doing it in the open, methinks. If it rains, we'll find cover nearby, as there is plenty of cover at Kings Park, and worst case we can crowd in under whatever and blade there. Uncertain

If, as we get close to the day, it looks like it's gonna rain non stop, we may end up looking at bringing a small tent or something for bladers to blade in. It'll take longer, but yeah. Solutions, my friends.

Still, it's a shame, but ahh well.
You should make it near variety pavilion so that if it does rain we can rain in and delay it or something like that
Variety Pavilion is for anyones public use as long if the amount of people there are under 50 and it isn't booked by someone else.
Might do that then, thanks for the help guy. Mskes it so much easier when everyone helps out, especially with me being ill right now.
Expect a decision on the location tomorrow-ish.