[Perth, Western Australia] 17/07/11 Perth Plastics Pandemonium! (One Spot Available)

on
Hosted by
  th!nk
Contact Host
Format

Type

One Beyblade is prepared and used in each First Stage match.

Read more
Admission
cash  

The WBO is a volunteer, fan-run organization.
About the WBO

Submit pics and clips from this event to earn Bits + be featured on our social media pages!

Find Out How

WBO events are public and you may be photographed.
View Photo Policy

ONE PLACE + RESERVES ARE STILL AVAILABLE, GET IN QUICK!
I've made an extra place available for emergencies Smile

Okay, it's well known that I think plastics are awesome. I originally thought I wouldn't be able to pull off a tourney, but it turns out I actually can, just loaning beys to everyone. Better beys may be available if other members lend theirs, we'll see

ANYWAY! We're doing something for Plastics Remembrance Day!.

When: Sunday July 17th, 11 AM. Tourney starts at 11:30AM. Be there at 11AM.

What: Plastics Tourney. No HMS, because I don't have any. Engine Gear Beys are ALLOWED. Metal Fight Beyblade etc are not allowed, this is an entirely different system.

Here's A Map of Kings Park's Venues It's #33, off Saw Avenue.

ENTRY FEE: 5USD (~$4.70 AU). Free for passport holders. Passports will be $10 USD. (They’re not actual physical objects but you can register for one at the event, and you'll receive a Passport Face once the WBO issues it to you). This is all WBO rules.

If you bring a plastic of your own, then I'll pay your $5 entry fee for you.

DO bring any ripcords you have, the TT Light Launcher 1 ripcords, and hasbro's ripcords fit the launchers. Any plastics launchers would be appreciated too.

Rules: WBO's Universal Rules (Release 4.0). There have been some revisions since last tourney, so read up. Hidden Spirit Beys are currently banned, but I'm doing what I can to change that, so hopefully if anyone has Griffolyon's AR they can use it (because it's great IMO).

The format is straight round robin, details can be found in the Event Guide.

Prizes: $10 for the winner, $5 for 2nd, $1 for 3rd. Last tourney cleaned me out, and this is really just for fun, and entry into the prize draw Tongue_out
Details of what attendance makes you eligible for are here: http://worldbeyblade.org/Thread-HMS-Plas...elease-4-0

Confirmed Attendees: [8/8]
th!nk*
Tokyo boyy*
Melvyn900*
RaiKou*
legendunicorn
M0DZER(Fat Bob)
BigBangBladerX1
Will I AmBlader

Reserves List:
th!nk's sister(*)

*=Owns Plastic(s).

Need-to-Know Information

1. During Registration, Open Your Account Page

Open your account page on your mobile device (if possible) during registration to help us keep things quick.

2. Arrive On Time

You must arrive by the tournament start time to enter. We cannot add new players to an event once it begins. If you're running late, contact the host.

3. Stay Aware of Your Belongings

We do everything possible to ensure a safe environment, but can't be held responsible for lost or stolen goods. Keep your gear close by!

4. The Tournament Will Last At Least a Few Hours

This event is likely to last at least a few hours. If you can't commit to the entire tournament, you're welcome to come watch and play for fun instead!

5. Listen For Your Username To Be Called

Your name will be called when it's time for your next battle. If you need to leave early or take a break, tell a judge. Missing a match could mean disqualification!

6. Players Must Meet Regional Product Age Restrictions

All players in this event must meet the age restrictions on Beyblade products in their region. TAKARA-TOMY recommends Beyblade for ages 6+. Hasbro recommends Beyblade for ages 8+. Players under these ages may only participate with the permission of their parent/guardian.

7. Players Under 18 Must Be Accompanied by a Parent/Guardian

If you are under 18 years old, a parent/guardian must accompany you and be present for the duration of the event.

8. Contests, Raffles, Gambling, Betting, and Selling Are Prohibited

Advertising the sale of any product or service, as well as posting about any contest, raffle, gambling, or betting on this event page and conducting them at the event without approval by Fighting Spirits Inc. staff is prohibited. Please contact the Organized Play team if you require approval.

9. Terms of Service

All event attendees and users of this website are subject to our Terms of Service.

I have some plastics but not alot
How many? Just counting plastics, not HMS. Are you free on the 17th?
is dragoon g a plastic?
well I have like 5 or 8 plastic beyblades so I could lend some to people but it depends where we are doing this tourney
i have around 15 plastics
(Jul. 05, 2011  9:07 AM)BeyMan! Wrote: is dragoon g a plastic?
I'm asking Kei, as I'm not sure.

Tokyo Boyy, are you willing to lend some to others to make this happen? If so we can probably do this!

rayunicorn1000: We usually use Kings Park, but if you have a better idea, do tell? Smile
Yeah, but I want to check as I've read something about an EG division so I'm not sure if EG's are allowed in standard play. I know it's a plastic man...
Okay, I've got 12 legal plastics, and a couple on the way. That's enough for me to use my faves and lend everyone else beys.

However, a couple of these beys are great, some average, and at least one is an utterly horrible disaster of a bey. So, I may randomise them, or something, or at least try to make some decent ones for everyone, we'll see.

What's most important, is that I can basically pull this off on my own, and if Tokyo boyy can help out, we can actually make this rock!

I'll start taking participants soon. It will likely be a very small tourney though, as I want to run Straight Round Robin, and because we don't have many beys to go around, and I don't be out there all day, as I can't manage another sausage sizzle.

If you have plastics of your own, you're basically guaranteed entry, as long as you let me know and can be 100% sure you can make it

If we do manage to have a lot of beys and a lot of interest I will consider running Block RR, and having more attendees. It all depends how it goes.

Most likely will be holding it at Kings Park, like last time. On the grass because plastics are valuable. If it's raining, I dunno, I may find a way to wall off whatever area we can cover with rugs. Still, I'm open to suggestions.

I will obviously be more open to making changes to suit people who have a number of plastics, so yeah.
Also, yeah, Dragoon G and all EG beys are legal for plastics play. Smile
Hidden spirit beys and their AR's currently are not, despite those AR's being completely regular, but I'm trying to change that. Tongue_out
(Jul. 05, 2011  6:48 PM)th!nk Wrote: Also, yeah, Dragoon G and all EG beys are legal for plastics play. Smile
Hidden spirit beys and their AR's currently are not, despite those AR's being completely regular, but I'm trying to change that. Tongue_out

oh...dragoon is the only one i got:\
As I said, it's allowed. Smile
OKAY, I need participants. Even if you don't have plastics, you're welcome to register, as long as you are 100% sure you can make it!

Hopefully Tokyo boyy can come (if not, someone's gonna end up using a beyblade with Trygle's Jumping base, OLOLOL). That leaves 6 spots available, and you must be 100% sure you can make it.

If you have plastics, you get priority, but need to get in within the next few days.

If you don't, you MAY lose a place for someone with a significant amount of plastics, but there will be a final date for registration, and it will be soon, and there aren't many plastics owners out here.

The sooner you get in, the more likely you are to make the cut, so check NOW!
I'm in.
(Jul. 06, 2011  1:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hopefully Tokyo boyy can come (if not, someone's gonna end up using a beyblade with Trygle's Jumping base, OLOLOL).
free win lol iwant to make this banned !
TSK TSK TSK
(Jul. 09, 2011  8:47 AM)poseidon Wrote:
(Jul. 06, 2011  1:02 PM)th!nk Wrote: Hopefully Tokyo boyy can come (if not, someone's gonna end up using a beyblade with Trygle's Jumping base, OLOLOL).
free win lol iwant to make this banned !

Ahaha, I literally managed to win a battle with trygle's base yesterday, somehow. It was hilarious.

Luckily, due to my recent orders, no one will have to use it Tongue_out
Just 3 more people needed~! Come all~!!!!
Well, hopefully burnphoenix123 and rookie259 can convince their parents that 36 battles won't take as long as the 140-odd we did last time, ahah, and I'm yet to hear back from tokyo boyy with the transport ideas, ahah (but in the mean time I am holding a spot for him)

We only need two more people as I can get my sister to compete if need be.

But yeah, I really want them tomorrow or tuesday, because we need to get this approved. :\
I love the fact that it's the people who are old enough to remember plastics that are doing what we can to make this happen.

Old timers ftw!
ok so my mum can take me my dad is going on a different flight . so ill be attending Grin
(Jul. 10, 2011  1:17 PM)melvyn900 Wrote: Can i sign up? i got plastics

(Jul. 10, 2011  1:18 PM)Tokyo boyy Wrote: ok so my mum can take me my dad is going on a different flight . so ill be attending Grin

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!

That's eight if we count my +1, but there's still room if one more person wants to come Smile

Off to get this official. Thankyou all SO much for this, I honestly almost gave up yesterday. Glad to see plastics can still rock it Grin
Gotta know a couple of things broski:
Do you have any plastics, are you actually in Perth, Western Australia (we had a guy last tourney from Perth Amboy, New Jersey, who wanted to compete :\), and are you 100% sure?