[Perth, Australia] - POSTPONED - Retaking Perth! (Limited Format)

I just thought of something... If I attend my first tournament, I'm gonna lose pretty quick since I have no experience whatsoever! xD
(Mar. 19, 2014  7:23 PM)Rahjin Wrote: I just thought of something... If I attend my first tournament, I'm gonna lose pretty quick since I have no experience whatsoever! xD

Not to be rude, but you should have just edited your other post instead of double posting.
Yeah, you're right... I should have but I didn't think of it at the time.
It'll be limited, and you've got a BB-96, so you're in with a good chance if you play your cards right - and I'm more than happy to give you some advice and so on.
I have a couple extra on the way too... I also watched a clip about the Attack, Defence, Stamina and Balance types, I just can't tell which ones which! xD
(Mar. 20, 2014  6:14 PM)Rahjin Wrote: I have a couple extra on the way too... I also watched a clip about the Attack, Defence, Stamina and Balance types, I just can't tell which ones which! xD

attack moves around aggressively to knock out beys before it runs out of spin, defense tries to move as little as possible to stop attack types from defeating them but can't last too long and stamina ties to spin for as long as possible, but can easily be knocked around most of the time. balance tries to fuse two other types together but normally doesn't work so ignore it. know this can you can play around the other players, but its not fool proof, especially in tournaments with the new beys, but if this is limited you shouldn't have a problem.
(Mar. 20, 2014  9:28 PM)Giraton Wrote: balance tries to fuse two other types together but normally doesn't work so ignore it.

Balance is actually arguably the most effective form of customization in the Standard meta right now, and plenty of Limited format Balance types are extremely versatile and devastating used under the right conditions (I'd personally say that straight-up Attack is the most effective form of combination you can use in LTD at the moment, given your launch is in good shape, but Balance is certainly applicable nonetheless).

Also, just a side note, Defense doesn't have to sit still. The purpose is ultimately to avoid KO, and that can be done with aggressive rubber Bottoms as well (not to mention RDF, CS, RSF, and RB aren't particularly calm anyway).

Wink
(Mar. 20, 2014  9:28 PM)Giraton Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2014  6:14 PM)Rahjin Wrote: I have a couple extra on the way too... I also watched a clip about the Attack, Defence, Stamina and Balance types, I just can't tell which ones which! xD

attack moves around aggressively to knock out beys before it runs out of spin, defense tries to move as little as possible to stop attack types from defeating them but can't last too long and stamina ties to spin for as long as possible, but can easily be knocked around most of the time. balance tries to fuse two other types together but normally doesn't work so ignore it. know this can you can play around the other players, but its not fool proof, especially in tournaments with the new beys, but if this is limited you shouldn't have a problem.

I meant I can't tell which Beyblades are what type... I know what each type does.
(Mar. 21, 2014  3:21 AM)Rahjin Wrote:
(Mar. 20, 2014  9:28 PM)Giraton Wrote:

I meant I can't tell which Beyblades are what type... I know what each type does.

just look at the customization section and they will tell you what is what. mostly it depends how they move and how hard the metal wheels hit. also i myself haven't looked at the meta myself for a bit so to all my knowledge hell kerbecks is still the only good balence type i know.
I just checked the Beywiki and it says that Hell Kerbecs is a stamina type...?
Absolutely. If you leave it uncustomized, it was actually one of the best Stamina types of its time, although WD worked better on it than its original Bottom, DS.

However, all those Beyblade questions should be asked in our "Ask a question, get an answer!" topic, seeing as this thread is about organising tournaments in Perth exclusively.
CS actually worked better than WD as well - one of those unusual cases that only occur with significant recoil but some other exceptional property (in Hell's case, weight distribution) - certain tall-track customs in limited see the same, for example (most notably those using Libra).

I would also point out, just while I'm here that while in this case it is correct, it definitely doesn't apply to all beyblades. Takara Tomy's classifications are not particularly accurate for numerous reasons (though their hexagonal chart makes sense a reasonable amount of the time, if I remember correctly), and that is the type listed on BeyWiki's BeyBoxes.

When I've got more time, I'll run you through it in more detail, Rahjin, though that will be easier to do if we can get a tournament together so I don't have to type it all out haha.

Speaking of which, and back on topic - thinking about getting this thing together for mid-April. Are there any weekend days around that time that won't work for people?
I'm always free... Kinda sad when I think about it... How many others are also waiting for this tournament?
It's been a hectic few weeks guys, sorry for that. Right now by my count assuming we can all make it we have

Confirmed:
th!nk
th!nk's sister
BladerDanger
EpicLDrago
Rajhin
r0ckbull

As people who will basically be able to confirm attendance pretty quickly to get an initial date sorted, so we are short by two. BladerDanger has a friend who might be able to make it and could give us one more, but that still leaves us out by one. spacemarine320 and fggdyg both are unlikely to be able to give a useful amount of notice to make this happen due to schoolwork, and dvd177 is MIA, not responding to messages or emails so I'm assuming he's no longer interested.

So, we still need one more person. I've not had any luck amongst my own friends (they are generally not going to take competitive spinning tops seriously), and no one aside from the abovementioned people responded to the PM's and emails I sent to every single Perth member I was able to find. And without new releases over here for like a year and a half or something now I don't know if anything else is really going to help me find people (kids who play spinning tops don't exactly read free classifieds and the odds of their parents are strikes me as very slim). So, I'm not really sure what more I can do myself to get us one more person.

I do, however, have a bunch of those snazzy Promo Cards with the WBO's logo and address on them, and a box you can put your username in so people can list you as a referrer. I'm short of any cash for mailing them to people for the moment but if you guys think you might be able to make use of a few to get us a couple of new players then I will find a way to get them to you, even if it means me taking a trip on public transport to hand-deliver them and also say hi or whatever.

We really just need one or two more people to confirm attendance for this to happen, the prizes are here, the stadium is here, we have a suitable venue worked out, and I'm ready to host and lend some good combos if people need them, so all we need are one or two more people who are willing to pay the $5 entry to give it a shot (if I had money I'd cover that myself but I don't), they don't even need their own beyblades or launchers.
Would it be sacrilege to suggest considering an unofficial tournament? Free to enter, prize being an honorary sig for the forum, no BeyPoints on offer - just game for the glory? People might find it easier to go to these things if they were more regular - as they presumably would be if you did not need a full 8 participants.

But then, you only need two more, so... You're almost there.
Awesome! I guess I'm not the only blader in Perth. I would definitely join!
I know it's two years old and proberbly never happening but this sounds glorious