Performance based on a beyblade’s six statistics.

Don’t really know if this will be reliable enough but here goes:

A beyblade’s overall performance relies on six statistics. These can vary depending on the energy layer chosen, a forge disc and if it has been equipped with a frame or not, and a performnce tip’s shape as well as material.

These six stats are taken from Hasbro’s boxes:

Attack
Burst
Defense
Weight
Agility
Stamina

Assuming I don’t have enough knowledge to know everything (which I do not have enough knowledge to know what these stats mean, except stamina, weight and agility), I’ll attempt to describe these six statistics

Attack: A statistic that measures how much force it exerts on the opposing Beyblade on contact with its strongest point. (Others are saying it describes how often it hits a bey, is this true?)

Burst: A statistic that measures how much it can resist being bursted by another opposing bey. (Others are saying it describes how likely it will burst the other opponent, is this true? It’s starting to feel true but I dunno.)

Defense: A statistic that measures how much it can resist destabilisation and ultimately being K.O’d when it takes the force of another opposing bey. (There’s also this weird feeling that it might describe how much it can resist being bursted by another opposing bey, is this true?)

Weight: A statistic that measures obviously how heavy and dense it is. This can assist either in making attacks much more powerful or making it much more defensive by being less affected by force.

Agility: A statistic that measures how quickly a beyblade can travel around the stadium and increase the force of a beyblade by directly ramming into the opposing beyblade. A beyblade that measures with an agility stat of over 9 has so much speed, it has a chance that control becomes less and it begins to ram against the walls, which will determine if it will go in its favour by having a unique shape to kick off walls to gain more speed, or damage itself when hitting the wall and slow down.

Stamina: A statistic that measures how long the beyblade will last in the stadium through means of weight distribution and friction reduction as well as how long it can stay upright when being toppled off balance as well as a final category of Life After Death, the measurement of how long a beyblade resists losing spin when finally being toppled to the stadium floor.

Statistics can improve how well or how differently it performs in the stadium. Some beyblade’s will have higher numbers of statistics and some have lower numbers, but these statistics can vary depending on parts chosen.

Beyblades in which their stats are near equalised are considered balance types. Those which have statistics in which it can still outspin a Defense type, but not a stamina type, defend against marginal damage, but not heavy damage as well as move around the stadium but not as fast. Performance tips in which a beyblade has certain statistics equalised and those whose shape can be changed to dramatically change how it performs (besides performance tips that only make the bey faster near the end of the battle when it was fast in the beginning) fit this category, and energy layers whose shape can defend and attack at the same time with a little stamina fit that category too.

Beyblades in which they exert more force against the opposing beyblade and do it repetitively too are considered attack types. Those types will have statistics in which their Weight, Stamina and Defense are low, but have bigger stats of Burst(still don’t know about it), Attack and Agility, in which they have more flat performance tips that move around the stadium and have enough control or way too much agility to attack the opponent (Zephyr is a Performance Tip which moves around the stadium but has less friction against it, making it have more stamina, thus a balance type) and have layers with a shape that exerts a lot of  force against the opposing bey. Certain performance Tips, like Reboot, Variable and Evolution can change their performance over time in the stadium. Reboot starts out being slow and more controlled, maybe way too controlled and way too slow until the final seconds of its life in battle, it changes to a faster attack type with less control and more agility. Variable and Evolution can permanently change their performance by gradually erasing certain parts of their performance tips from the base, making certain parts of the performance tip more likely to collide with the stadium floor and increase agility at the cost of control (Volcanic can maybe change its speed overtime, but I think it’s by starting slow on the stadium due to how free-spinning it is in the beginning, but as it takes an amount of force exerted by the opposing bey and taking its recoil or travels along the stadium, it’s becomes less free-spinning and gets faster, eventually reaching Varibale speed.

Beyblades in which they have the ability to continue to spin quickly without moving about are considered Stamina types. Those types will have statistics in which their Agility, Attack and Defense are low, but have higher stats of Weight, Stamina and Burst(I have a problem with this now), in which they have more outward weight distributed and destabilise capable energy layers to force Defense type beyblades to topple quicker when they don’t really have enough attack power, but since they aren’t defensive enough, they are susceptible to attack types that easily K.O or Burst them. They also have low friction performance tips that don’t make them travel around the stadium as much, and having less friction means more stamina, but that makes them less defensive.

Beyblades in which they have the ability to resist heavy attacks against the opposing beyblade are considered Defense types. Those types will have statistics in which their Agility, Attack and Stamina are low, but have higher stats of Weight, Defense and Burst(No seriously, what does Burst mean?), in which they have more centralised weight distributed, rounded energy layers to resist heavy attacks from attack type Beyblades and wait for them to K.O themselves or get Outspun, but have less stamina and stabilisation than Stamina types, which will outspin them by pressing them closer to the ground. They also have higher friction performance tips in the form of ball shaped tips which grip the stadium more when hit by an opposing beyblade, but they have less stamina and are less stable than Stamina performance tips.

That’s that, really. If you think this is a waste of your or my time, feel free to close this thread, the question on if Burst either resists being burst or deals more burst damage to opposing beys will still be there, and it will remain pretty big on the description as a whole. Just don’t mind me when you do decide to close this thread. I’ll be okay. Probably...

If you know how to post a poll, tell me how.

If I still don’t know, tell me what you think is the most confusing statistic in Beyblade Burst because mine is Burst.

P.S.:
If you think this statistics thread is flawed in my hands and you’re thinking about starting an argument, I don’t even care just close the thread.
Burst means the chance of your opponent to burst. If your beyblade has very good burst power , it will burst your opponent easier.
Honestly, most of these stats are just made up. We've got Stamina beys on motionless drivers that still have "Agility" even though they don't move anywhere on their own (because let's be honest, the Agility of any motionless Stamina bey should be 0, and yet Layers and Disks can add Agility to the statpool), beys with high "Weight" that are actually lighter than beys with lower "Weight" values, and beys with high "Stamina" that don't spin as long as other beys with lower "Stamina" values. That's not even mentioning how immeasurable Attack and Defense are as statistics, as you're trying to measure out a round number off of an irregular shape.

It's all just show and means nothing of note beyond a very rough description of its expected abilities that may or may not be accurate whatsoever. It's really not worth looking into this sort of madness.
tbh, the performance of each part is not as easily quantifiable per stat shown in the boxes or online. I think it's just to make it look better and exciting?

1. Mold variation can greatly affect intended use (i.e. some have looser free spinning parts or don't move at all)

2. Some of the parts deviate from their intended Type regardless of how their statistic is scored leaning towards Stamina or Defense for example

3. Mostly hype and generalization of performance. Due to possibly poor quality control, Takara Tomy just produces without checking the viability of each individual part and their effect in real-life
(Dec. 31, 2018  2:11 AM)Rouzuke Wrote: tbh, the performance of each part is not as easily quantifiable per stat shown in the boxes or online. I think it's just to make it look better and exciting?

1. Mold variation can greatly affect intended use (i.e. some have looser free spinning parts or don't move at all)

2. Some of the parts deviate from their intended Type regardless of how their statistic is scored leaning towards Stamina or Defense for example

3. Mostly hype and generalization of performance. Due to possibly poor quality control, Takara Tomy just produces without checking the viability of each individual part and their effect in real-life

It's not just TT. Hasbro does the same things with their beys and their stats, and shares their quality control issues to some degree.
(Dec. 30, 2018  8:10 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Honestly, most of these stats are just made up. We've got Stamina beys on motionless drivers that still have "Agility" even though they don't move anywhere on their own (because let's be honest, the Agility of any motionless Stamina bey should be 0, and yet Layers and Disks can add Agility to the statpool), beys with high "Weight" that are actually lighter than beys with lower "Weight" values, and beys with high "Stamina" that don't spin as long as other beys with lower "Stamina" values. That's not even mentioning how immeasurable Attack and Defense are as statistics, as you're trying to measure out a round number off of an irregular shape.

It's all just show and means nothing of note beyond a very rough description of its expected abilities that may or may not be accurate whatsoever. It's really not worth looking into this sort of madness.

For Agility, no Bey is completely motionless when launched on its own. Not even Bearing, Quest, Bite, Gyro, or Yielding have been able to do so, since a hard enough launch can always make a Bey move on its own.
(Jan. 02, 2019  8:26 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote:
(Dec. 30, 2018  8:10 PM)MagikHorse Wrote: Honestly, most of these stats are just made up. We've got Stamina beys on motionless drivers that still have "Agility" even though they don't move anywhere on their own (because let's be honest, the Agility of any motionless Stamina bey should be 0, and yet Layers and Disks can add Agility to the statpool), beys with high "Weight" that are actually lighter than beys with lower "Weight" values, and beys with high "Stamina" that don't spin as long as other beys with lower "Stamina" values. That's not even mentioning how immeasurable Attack and Defense are as statistics, as you're trying to measure out a round number off of an irregular shape.

For Agility, no Bey is completely motionless when launched on its own. Not even Bearing, Quest, Bite, Gyro, or Yielding have been able to do so, since a hard enough launch can always make a Bey move on its own.

That's because of launching instability and imperfections in the parts that drag the momentum of the bey around and cause a slightly lopsided spin, which makes it move around a little bit. They will eventually settle down and remain motionless in the stadium barring its own rotations, which is more accurate to the actual performance since it's stable by that point. Let's be honest, judging a bey's movement by it at its absolute least stable moment is a very silly thing to do. At that point you might as well say "Well, Atomic must have a high Agility because it moves so fast when you launch it hard, right guys?", and yet it doesn't because in the end it will slow down a whole lot and become stationary. I mean, the bR.7.At that came with the Quad Ring pack has a total of 3 Agility, and that comes primarily from 7 and not Atomic.

Besides, you could still have an Agility of 5 or something on a bey on a pure Stamina driver like Survive, which really isn't going anywhere on its own. I don't know about you, but that's still not going to go as fast as a bey on Xtreme or Volcanic that might also be paired with parts that give it the same Agility rating of 5. Does that mean they're going to be equally fast right off the launcher? No, they're not even remotely close to each other in speed, regardless of what the packaging for those beys might say about them.

The long and short of it is that the system is far too flawed for any of these stats to have any real meaning to them, and having a higher value in something doesn't guarantee that it's better comparatively to something else with a lower value in that field. They're a baseline for figuring out what a combination might be useful for if you don't know the parts well, but that's about it.
(Jan. 02, 2019  10:59 PM)MagikHorse Wrote:
(Jan. 02, 2019  8:26 PM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: For Agility, no Bey is completely motionless when launched on its own. Not even Bearing, Quest, Bite, Gyro, or Yielding have been able to do so, since a hard enough launch can always make a Bey move on its own.

That's because of launching instability and imperfections in the parts that drag the momentum of the bey around and cause a slightly lopsided spin, which makes it move around a little bit. They will eventually settle down and remain motionless in the stadium barring its own rotations, which is more accurate to the actual performance since it's stable by that point. Let's be honest, judging a bey's movement by it at its absolute least stable moment is a very silly thing to do. At that point you might as well say "Well, Atomic must have a high Agility because it moves so fast when you launch it hard, right guys?", and yet it doesn't because in the end it will slow down a whole lot and become stationary. I mean, the bR.7.At that came with the Quad Ring pack has a total of 3 Agility, and that comes primarily from 7 and not Atomic.

Besides, you could still have an Agility of 5 or something on a bey on a pure Stamina driver like Survive, which really isn't going anywhere on its own. I don't know about you, but that's still not going to go as fast as a bey on Xtreme or Volcanic that might also be paired with parts that give it the same Agility rating of 5. Does that mean they're going to be equally fast right off the launcher? No, they're not even remotely close to each other in speed, regardless of what the packaging for those beys might say about them.

The long and short of it is that the system is far too flawed for any of these stats to have any real meaning to them, and having a higher value in something doesn't guarantee that it's better comparatively to something else with a lower value in that field. They're a baseline for figuring out what a combination might be useful for if you don't know the parts well, but that's about it.

Well, the system is more flawed than you think, if you put it that way. Parts like Unite and Merge have a decent agility rating because of when their unstable, and the new Cho-Z Awakening Beys have to be launched at an unstable level to work well, and they don't have separate stats for normal and awakened mode. All in all, these stats were likely created before the Beys were tested, more as assumptions
(Jan. 03, 2019  12:30 AM)CitrusNinja3 Wrote: Well, the system is more flawed than you think, if you put it that way. Parts like Unite and Merge have a decent agility rating because of when their unstable, and the new Cho-Z Awakening Beys have to be launched at an unstable level to work well, and they don't have separate stats for normal and awakened mode. All in all, these stats were likely created before the Beys were tested, more as assumptions

Being at an angle is a different thing from being unstable. Instability is the unintended shaking and quaking of the bey usually caused by the aforementioned flaws, completely independent of the angle the bey is at. It's perfectly possible to be banked at an angle and have a stable spin.

I don't know how you can say the stats were created pre-testing. That has no substantive backing to it, and no reasoning to support that from any perspective I can see.

I dunno why you say "it's more flawed than you think" as if you somehow know what I'm thinking. Unless you're some sort of internet psychic, you have no way of knowing that. I'm already arguing that it's stupidly flawed. Are you saying it's more flawed than what I think because I haven't brought up every little detail yet? I'm not gonna spend hours explaining every single last flawed detail I can think of ya know.
I am afraid you’re making too much of a big deal on this. Now you’re starting an argument instead of suggesting re-edits or a new thread or talking normal beyblade stuff.

Check the P.S.

I was about to post a new thread until I realised how easily my threads can start an argument about less about the thread.
TL;DR of this thread is that the statistics on the back of the boxes and even in the app are just to exaggerate or overestimate the actual performance of the parts; aka JUST FOR SHOW, especially due to mold variances in all parts (which actually defeats the purpose of the said statistics).

The statistics are no better judge in the outcome of a tournament like in boxing matches showing the body stats of each fighter. Not everything is set in stone for the "statistics" portion of each Bey part (where higher specific stats mean better against some other part and vice versa). You take into account the pull strength and launch style of a Blader and the launcher used for the fight.

The rock-paper-scissors of Beyblade: Attack > Stamina > Defense > Attack and that Balance has neither strengths nor weaknesses against the three Types, these are just guidelines to at least show Bey part-type advantages, but in reality, almost every combo in the Winning Combos threads are hybrids (no pure Attack/Stamina/Defense, cuz y'know its competitive and you can't afford to lose due to type disadvantage).

Simply test each part in battles and conclude its effectiveness and usability based on actual performance. End of story.

Just to keep this thread going, all I gotta say is that I just watch the release/review/unboxing vids by Takara Tomy in Youtube and speculate on how it can really perform based on the rigged battles, then purchase and actually play and test them. I then conclude actual performance based on the scores I have noted. Statistics look cool and legit yes, but reality/usability dictates otherwise what with all variables, no matter how negligible, that can turn the tides of a match.

Not looking for an argument, just saying my take on how I understood the thread.
(Jan. 06, 2019  12:18 PM)IronFace879 Wrote: I am afraid you’re making too much of a big deal on this. Now you’re starting an argument instead of suggesting re-edits or a new thread or talking normal beyblade stuff.

Check the P.S.

I was about to post a new thread until I realised how easily my threads can start an argument about less about the thread.

I don't see anything talking about this being a planned wiki article, so why are you suddenly asking about edits? As I see it this thread is a discussion on the subject, and we're doing exactly that: discussing it, talking about "normal Beyblade stuff" all the while.

What exactly is the problem here then? I get it if its not exactly what you planned, but we're not doing anything wrong here either. It's certainly nothing worth closing the thread for.