Performance Tip - Hold

Hold is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-63 Booster Betromoth B2 Heavy Hold on November 12, 2016.

==Description==
Hold features a wide, unfixed, free rotating flat tip surrounded by a textured ring. Due to the wide surface area, this Performance Tip is one of, if not the fastest and most aggressive tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows it to stay on the Tornado Ridge and the free spinning nature of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels. The tilting ring on the tip allows for increased proccession when the Beyblade I losing spin. The unfixed aspect of the tip also provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium.

Due to the wide shape of the tip, it is incredibly difficult to maintain a banking pattern and can actually reduce the speed of the Beyblade, instead it is most effective as a counter against Tornado Staller and Mobile Stamina Customizations as its speed can outpace most of the common tip choices such as Accel, Zephyr and Trans, but it cannot be used for a Tornado Staller Customization as the stamina of the tip is too low for it to be feasible in this manner.

However, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Hold Performance Tips spin freely more than others, the more the tip spins freely the more stamina it has but that comes at the cost of speed. Competitively the least free-spinning one is ideal but the chances of obtaining one are random.

==Overall==
Despite being one of the fastest Performance Tips in the game for attack, the uncontrollable nature makes strategies limited and prevents it from being top-tier. However Hold can be a great alternative if other tips are not available, making this part a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
Beast Behemoth Heavy Hold (translucent dark purple)

==Hasbro==
Perhaps it would be good to add something like "It's tendency to get caught on the Tornado Ridge and its aggressiveness makes it a great counter towards Tornado Staller customizations"?
(Jan. 15, 2017  5:43 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Hold is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-63 Booster Betromoth B2 Heavy Hold on November 12, 2016.

==Description==
Hold features a wide, unfixed, free rotating flat tip surrounded by a textured ring. Due to the wide surface area, this Performance Tip is one of, if not the fastest and most aggressive tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows it to stay on the Tornado Ridge and the free spinning nature of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels. The unfixed aspect of the tip provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over, allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium and provides the Beyblade with some Life After Death once stamina is depleted.

Due to the wide shape of the tip, it is incredibly difficult to maintain a banking pattern and can actually reduce the speed of the Beyblade, instead it is most effective as a counter against Tornado Staller and Mobile Stamina Customizations as its speed can outpace most of the common tip choices such as Accel, Zephyr and Trans, but it cannot be used for a Tornado Staller Customization as the stamina of the tip is too low for it to be feasible in this manner.

However, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Hold Performance Tips spin freely more than others, the more the tip spins freely the more stamina it has but that comes at the cost of speed. Competitively the least free-spinning one is ideal but the chances of obtaining one are random.

==Overall==
Despite being one of the fastest Performance Tips in the game for attack, the uncontrollable nature makes strategies limited and prevents it from being top-tier. However Hold can be a great alternative if other tips are not available, making this part a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
Beast Behemoth Heavy Hold (translucent dark purple)

==Hasbro==

Made an edit, tell me what you think.
great as usual man
I only read this vaguely for now, but it is absolutely not normal that the word "tilt" does not appear once in the description, since that is litterally the one precise feature about this tip hah.
(Jan. 20, 2017  11:06 PM)Kai-V Wrote: I only read this vaguely for now, but it is absolutely not normal that the word "tilt" does not appear once in the description, since that is litterally the one precise feature about this tip hah.

Hmm, you're right, that's what i meant by "unfixed" but yeah it seems too vague
right before "the unfixed aspect of..." write "because the tip is unfixed it will not tilt with the rest of the Beyblade and prevents destabilization" or something like that
Actually it sounds more natural to describe, prior to that, that the ring tip tilts and allows increased precession.
I'm also wondering about my claim that the least free spinning version is the best.

I've watched Kevo's video on his Hold Driver (which is the more free spinning version) and it's really consistent and controllable, just not as fast and doesn't ride the Tornado Ridge.
Wait, there are variants of free-spinning-ness in Hold just like with Revolve? Come on, how can the game turn me off more...
(Jan. 21, 2017  3:34 AM)Kai-V Wrote: Wait, there are variants of free-spinning-ness in Hold just like with Revolve? Come on, how can the game turn me off more...

Thankfully the variations are much less common, so far Kevo is the only one I've seen with a more free-spinning Hold. Everyone else seems to have the Tornado Ridge madness versions.
I updated the OP. let me know what u think
(Jan. 15, 2017  5:43 AM)Jimmyjazz39 Wrote: Hold is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-63 Booster Betromoth B2 Heavy Hold on November 12, 2016.

==Description==
Hold features a wide, tilting, free rotating flat tip surrounded by a textured ring. Due to the wide surface area, this Performance Tip is one of, if not the most aggressive and fastest tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows it to stay on the Tornado Ridge, the free spinning nature of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels and the tilting aspect of the tip also provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium.

The free spinning aspect of Hold also gives a Beyblade more stamina in battle compared to other Tips with comparable speeds such as Xtreme or a worn Variable and the tilting ring allows for increased procession when the Beyblade is losing spin.

Due to the wide shape of the tip, it is incredibly difficult to maintain a banking pattern, however it can be used as a counter against Tornado Staller and Mobile Stamina Customizations as its speed can outpace most of the common tip choices such as Accel, Zephyr and Trans, but it cannot be used for a Tornado Staller Customization as the stamina of the tip is too low for it to be feasible in this manner.

However, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Hold tips spin more freely than others, the more the tip spins freely, the more stamina it has and the easier it is to control, but at the cost of speed. When like this, Hold will not catch on the Tornado Ridge but will instead circle around the center slowly. Once contact has been made with the opponent, the force of impact will make the textured ring contact the stadium creating sudden bursts of acceleration.

==Overall==
Due to being one of the fastest Performance Tips in the game for Attack with speeds comparable to or exceeding Xtreme while at the same time having more stamina makes Hold a top-tier part for Attack combinations, thus every blader should own this part.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-63 Beast Behemoth Heavy Hold (translucent dark purple)
  • B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern .4G.At - Inferno Ifrit 2Vortex Hold (translucent cyan)
==Hasbro==

Since we've been seeing this more I think this needs a bit of an update. However I still don't know whether to call it a must have or a welcome addition due to the difficulties in controlling Hold however. I'd also like to put in a suggested Attack combo such as Lost Longinus Heavy/Gravity Hold but I don't know what exactly makes it so good.
(May. 09, 2017  3:00 AM)MonoDragon Wrote:

==Description==
Hold features a wide, tilting, free rotating flat tip surrounded by a textured ring. Due to the wide surface area, this Performance Tip is one of, if not the most aggressive and fastest tips in the game. While this level of speed implies that a Beyblade using this tip would launch itself out of the stadium, the friction given by the textured ring allows it to stay on the Tornado Ridge, the free spinning nature of the tip mitigates its speed to more controllable levels and the tilting aspect of the tip also provides stability to prevent the Beyblade from tipping over and allows more of the textured ring to contact the stadium.

The free spinning aspect of Hold also gives a Beyblade more stamina in battle compared to other Tips with comparable speeds such as Xtreme or a worn Variable and the tilting ring allows for increased procession when the Beyblade is losing spin.

Due to the wide shape of the tip, it is incredibly difficult to maintain a banking pattern, however it can be used as a counter against Tornado Staller and Mobile Stamina Customizations as its speed can outpace most of the common tip choices such as Accel, Zephyr and Trans, but it cannot be used for a Tornado Staller Customization as the stamina of the tip is too low for it to be feasible in this manner.

However, the speed of the Performance Tip can vary as some Hold tips spin more freely than others, the more the tip spins freely, the more stamina it has and the easier it is to control, but at the cost of speed. When like this, Hold will not catch on the Tornado Ridge but will instead circle around the center slowly. Once contact has been made with the opponent, the force of impact will make the textured ring contact the stadium creating sudden bursts of acceleration.

==Overall==
Due to being one of the fastest Performance Tips in the game for Attack with speeds comparable to or exceeding Xtreme while at the same time having more stamina makes Hold a top-tier part for Attack combinations, thus every blader should own this part.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
  • B-80 Random Booster Vol. 6 Tornado Wyvern .4G.At - Inferno Ifrit 2Vortex Hold (translucent cyan)
==Hasbro==

Since we've been seeing this more I think this needs a bit of an update. However I still don't know whether to call it a must have or a welcome addition due to the difficulties in controlling Hold however. I'd also like to put in a suggested Attack combo such as Lost Longinus Heavy/Gravity Hold but I don't know what exactly makes it so good.
oh it's definitely a must have. L2GH can shut down almost anything but D2. the free spin helps precession for L2 so it can have an extra rotation or 2 while also being able to KO the opposing bey. watch the video of me Vs Yami on my youtube channel for an example
(May. 09, 2017  4:18 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: What exactly makes it good though?

i pretty sure it's the precession while also being good for attack but someone needs to confirm
What makes Lost Longinus on Hold such a good combo is how versatile it is - people tend to see the aggressive Driver and mislabel it as Attack when it's really a Spin Equalizer that can occasionally burst and KO things and is also really good at Mobile Defense (think Dragooon BD145GF, which is sort of what I based the combo on). Jimmyjazz is correct, the wide surface area of Hold combined with its free-spinning nature gives it the second best precession in the game, but since Hold has worse Stamina than Xtreme this really only gets put to use in opposite-spin matchups, which is what makes it good for L2 in a meta of mostly right-spinning Beyblades.

Hold is difficult to control if you launch it too hard, and does not keep the flower pattern if you Sliding Shoot it, but that's not what it's supposed to do. What people don't seem to get is that except for rare cases, you should not be launching to KO (though if it happens, it's a happy accident), you should only be Sliding Shooting Hold at about 20% power (which is nowhere near enough to break the "fragile" launcher) in order to maintain the most contact possible with the (stationary) opponent, which is something L2_H needs to win. If it stalls, it's pretty much dead, unless you have like a Yami-tier Hold. Stallers and mobile Attackers don't really present a problem to L2_H because of how fast Hold is, like you've already mentioned in the draft it's great for chasing down Accel and Zephyr and can also outrun Xtreme (though with how obscenely tanky L2 is, you can usually afford to guess wrong), and Hold outprecesses all three in the late game if whatever it is lives that long.
(May. 13, 2017  7:29 AM)Wombat Wrote: What makes Lost Longinus on Hold such a good combo is how versatile it is - people tend to see the aggressive Driver and mislabel it as Attack when it's really a Spin Equalizer that can occasionally burst and KO things and is also really good at Mobile Defense (think Dragooon BD145GF, which is sort of what I based the combo on). Jimmyjazz is correct, the wide surface area of Hold combined with its free-spinning nature gives it the second best precession in the game, but since Hold has worse Stamina than Xtreme this really only gets put to use in opposite-spin matchups, which is what makes it good for L2 in a meta of mostly right-spinning Beyblades.

Hold is difficult to control if you launch it too hard, and does not keep the flower pattern if you Sliding Shoot it, but that's not what it's supposed to do. What people don't seem to get is that except for rare cases, you should not be launching to KO (though if it happens, it's a happy accident), you should only be Sliding Shooting Hold at about 20% power (which is nowhere near enough to break the "fragile" launcher) in order to maintain the most contact possible with the (stationary) opponent, which is something L2_H needs to win. If it stalls, it's pretty much dead, unless you have like a Yami-tier Hold. Stallers and mobile Attackers don't really present a problem to L2_H because of how fast Hold is, like you've already mentioned in the draft it's great for chasing down Accel and Zephyr and can also outrun Xtreme (though with how obscenely tanky L2 is, you can usually afford to guess wrong), and Hold outprecesses all three in the late game if whatever it is lives that long.

Quote:Hold is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-63 Booster Betromoth B2 Heavy Hold on November 12, 2016.

==Description==

==Use in Spin Equalization Combinations==
Hold can be put to use in the Spin Equalization Combination Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity Hold. Luinor L2's heavy weight, left spinning nature and aggressive design allows this combination to equalize spin with a right spinning opponent, resist Knock-Outs and potentially Knock-Out or Burst the opponent. Hold's free-spinning and tilting tip gives this combo the high levels of procession needed for spin equalization, allowing this combination to out spin the opponent.

==Overall==
Due to being one of the fastest Performance Tips in the game for Attack with speeds comparable to or exceeding Xtreme while at the same time having more procession for spin-equalization makes Hold a top-tier Performance Tip, thus every blader should own this part.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==

==Hasbro==

How's this? I was confused on whether to call an L2_H combo Mobile Defense or Spin Equalization so I compromised and made it Balance. If you think that's not an apt description, change it and tell me why.

Edit: FireFireCPB says it's spin equalization only so that's what I changed it too.
It's a Spin-Equalizer only, I'm pretty sure.
hold weighs 6.5
(May. 13, 2017  10:53 PM)MonoDragon Wrote: Hold is a Performance Tip released as part of the Burst System. It debuted with the release of B-63 Booster Betromoth B2 Heavy Hold on November 12, 2016.

==Description==

Due to these factors, Hold does not perform well in Attack combinations, but it performs best in Spin-Equalization combinations. The free spinning nature and tilting plate of Hold allows for excellent Spin-Equalization potential while also granting the procession and Life-After-Death needed to win such match-ups.

==Use in Spin-Equalization/Attack Combinations==
Hold can be put to use in the Spin Equalization Combination Luinor L2 Heavy/Gravity Hold. Luinor L2's heavy weight, left spinning nature and aggressive design allows this combination to equalize spin with a right spinning opponent, resist Knock-Outs and potentially Knock-Out or Burst the opponent. Hold's free-spinning and tilting tip gives this combo the high levels of procession needed for spin equalization, allowing this combination to out spin the opponent.

==Overall==
Despite its high speed, Hold performs poorly in Attack combinations due to how uncontrollable it is, but it's excellent Spin-Equalization potential made a top tier part in such combinations. However, it has since been outclassed by Destroy due to Hold's inconsistency in how free-spinning it is.

Overall, Hold is not a must have but instead a welcome addition to any blader's collection.

==Products==
==Takara Tomy==
==Hasbro==
How about adding Sr, dF and nL for Hold combinations as well? I feel nL could be better version of L2 because it can burst dF and heavier then it