Paper Mario: The Origami King

Releases Jul 17, 2020 for nintendo switch

official link to the page on the nintendo site: https://www.nintendo.com/games/detail/pa...ng-switch/

trailer from the nintendo youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FX6DTLcWUdY

check out some extra content: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HR2PH4vy...=emb_title
Also about the date, since the switch is not region locked you can create another account on your switch that's in the japan region, and since the time zones are different when you access the japanese e shop the day before it should be there.

tl;dr: If you go on the Japanese eshop you should be able to get the game on Jul 16, 2020

Anyone that finds this I would like to see your thoughts on the battle system, and the game in general.
there's lots of hate, and it can be summed up in this

Game Theory: Is this (paper mario:the origami king) the worst game ever created because it's not a remake of a certain Gamecube RPG(thousand year door) that isn't as good as you remember it being because you played it when you were 9?

As well as lots of unfair criticism, and there was only a 2 minute trailer
honestly don't plan on buying it, nothing can beat the wii version
It looks pretty interesting, not gonna lie. I hope the battle system is better this time.
I've only played 1 mario rpg game, however this looks good to me so far.
The first time I played Paper Mario and Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door was early last year and... they're excellent. Paper Mario is without a doubt the most charming RPG I've ever played, all while maintaining a serious connection to the world it's working in. Earthbound comes close as it has a level of charm on par with Paper Mario, which I also beat for the first time early last year, but it dips into madness a bit too far to hit the true feel good level of gaming Paper Mario achieved. I originally wanted to play Thousand Year Door first, but about fifteen minutes in there was a reference that hinted back to the original game and I knew I'd be out of the loop, so I dropped it until I completed Paper Mario. Going forward, the Paper Mario series has been less than stellar, but there are still moments in the games that work well. The Origami King, from the two minutes of trailer we got, has me hyped up to play it. It actually looks the most like a proper TYD sequel, and I'm always a fan when Bowser isn't the main villain. I'm excited to play it.

Also, not related, but Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars was the first video game I ever played. Still fantastic to this day as it's so well written and the combat is fun. Paper Mario doesn't really hit home the same way Mario RPG did, but it's a series I actively look forward to.
I COULD NOT beat the wii version! IT'S HARD!!!!!!
(May. 15, 2020  12:55 AM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: I COULD NOT beat the wii version! IT'S HARD!!!!!!

And it’s really fun. The challenge you don’t normally expect from Mario. That game took risks and ended up good, like transformers prime.
(May. 15, 2020  1:55 AM)DaGoldenPenguin Wrote:
(May. 15, 2020  12:55 AM)Blader Boy7 Wrote: I COULD NOT beat the wii version! IT'S HARD!!!!!!

And it’s really fun. The challenge you don’t normally expect from Mario. That game took risks and ended up good, like transformers prime.

I think it's OK, but it doesn't compare to the first two original games. Oddly, Super Paper Mario was the first Paper Mario game I ever played, so I didn't have a benchmark to hold it against. It's one of those things that I can look back at and see glaring flaws, despite enjoying it. I really liked all the Mr. L. parts and Count Bleck was pretty decent. It was just a lot of tedious in-between and having to traverse long distances with Flip and Flop world that made it lesser than it could have been.
In the Chinese version of the Origami King trailer, the explorer Toad can be seen in battle alongside Mario! (got this from reddit while browsing PMTOK stuff)
https://imgur.com/mEZRvo3

another cool thing is, yesterday (when they announced it) there was 64 days till release. Super mario 64 on switch confirm? (jk but maybe intentional? probably not? idk)

Alos the open world segments look rly good
https://cdn.mos.cms.futurecdn.net/TLd8cD...0.jpg.webp
Also, the 64 thing could be referencing the first paper mario game, usually called paper Mario 64

(also from paper mario reddit) (also if you didnt already assume it may or may not be fake, but idk its apparently straight from the websites code)
BIG NEWS!: Count Homer in Discord found something in the game's Website code, Alt text... that potentially proves that the game won't have a World Map, but that most of travelling will be in a Ship and going from island to island.
[Image: UlU54ZO.jpg]

shout out to this guy, gives me wind waker vibes and I love it.
(May. 16, 2020  7:15 PM)snoc Wrote: Also, the 64 thing could be referencing the first paper mario game, usually called paper Mario 64

(also from paper mario reddit) (also if you didnt already assume it may or may not be fake, but idk its apparently straight from the websites code)
BIG NEWS!: Count Homer in Discord found something in the game's Website code, Alt text... that potentially proves that the game won't have a World Map, but that most of travelling will be in a Ship and going from island to island.

Okay, now that looks and sounds awesome
(May. 16, 2020  9:21 PM)Valtryek Aoi Wrote:
(May. 16, 2020  7:15 PM)snoc Wrote: Also, the 64 thing could be referencing the first paper mario game, usually called paper Mario 64

Okay, now that looks and sounds awesome

I haven't official played a paper mario game, but the world looks so expansive and I just cant wait for this game! The open world segments are what Im most hyped for, also the battles.

another thing is, in a screenshot above where they show the tads with maio while he's fighting, maybe they're there for a buff. people have noticed he did more damage, and the only between the trailers was the toad. Maybe they wont fight but will give you some abilities.

look at the video that I just added in the first message. It shows off the battles and content that was left  out of american trailers.
For people that are worried that rather than a plot the game will focus on paper mechanics, these guys make some good points. The title references King Olly (the origami king), and in game universe its not just funny paper folding or whatever, its a bizarre strange force that a cult is forcing onto people. Its not like its Paper Mario:Fold it up! (taken from the same discussion). (obviously there are still origami abilities, but you get the point)

Yea. I think the title being focused on the plot instead of the game’s mechanic is a big tell.

That's a great point! Origami is being treated less like a gimmick, and more like some bizarre alien force that can advance the story. Sounds familiar to me!
German trailer shows boos behind you while you're attacking
https://imgur.com/ljqBmgw

also all these areas from the trailer are in the (presumably) main hub area (castle town)
https://imgur.com/YQWr2m1
A big trailer dropped that went in depth on the game, go check it out if you haven't already.